Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 672.
#9851 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh and...
O-N-E !!!

4 1/2 hours to go!!

20200920_193823 (resized).jpg20200920_193823 (resized).jpg

...and "O-N-E" ... Pmsl , you broke convention, what happened to "1"??

I thought you meant a Theme and actually wanted This!?? RotfL!

#9852 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

4 1/2 hours to go!!
[quoted image]

So plz everyone start posting in 4,5h that it was all a hoax! XD

#9853 3 years ago

Are they streaming The Launch .
Too late for me I've got to get up early for work .
Guess I will have to go through a few hundred posts tomorrow .

#9854 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Are they streaming The Launch .
Too late for me I've got to get up early for work .
Guess I will have to go through a few hundred posts tomorrow .

I don‘t think so or they would have allready announced details.

If „media people“ are really there at the moment I‘d guess there‘ll be a roll out of content through their sites (like TWIP) as well as some controlled Videos by Deeproot themselfes later.

If you remember their last attempt they also noted (at least partially) that there will be a recording of parts of the event later, not live.

Edit:
It‘s rare that I‘m looking forward to a monday. XD

#9855 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

4 1/2 hours to go!!
[quoted image]
...and "O-N-E" ... Pmsl , you broke convention, what happened to "1"??
I thought you meant a Theme and actually wanted This!?? RotfL!

Lol, it's only 7AM Sunday in Robert-land...you may be waiting a while.

#9856 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Lol, it's only 7AM Sunday in Robert-land...you may be waiting a while.

Yeah I just thought it was funny Lol. Calender will read 22nd of September for us, by the time it happens while we're in our zone.

Just me being backwards and silly on pinside

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Order it now for $5k delivered would scratch my sweet spot

Totally agree. Forget $3500. They would still sell a ton of units at $5000.

#9858 3 years ago

I am only expecting 250, 500, or 750 RAZA games. Robert already stated 8 months ago and that it will be limited. Since it will be limited, I expect 10k price.

#9859 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am only expecting 250, 500, or 750 RAZA games. Robert already stated 8 months ago and that it will be limited. Since it will be limited, I expect 10k price.

Despite the chatter on a lower price, I totally agree. Raza is to make the ZidWare customers whole. I don’t really see it has a platform pin so to speak. So, I agree with your low unit number, high price assessment. I think it’s the only approach that makes any sense based on the info we have.

#9860 3 years ago

At 10k Deep Root becomes Dead Root. 3500-5000 for a decent enough new pin and that's the sweet spot carving a new market and demand.

#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

At 10k Deep Root becomes Dead Root. 3500-5000 for a decent enough new pin and that's the sweet spot carving a new market and demand.

When is this over hyped vaporware supposed to be announced again? I’ll make sure to get my 25k deposit ready.

#9862 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

supposed to be announced again?

Tomorrow 9/21 CST.

#9863 3 years ago

Ummmmm that’s a date and no time... but at least it’s CST...?

#9864 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ummmmm that’s a date and no time... but at least it’s CST...?

9:21 CST?

#9865 3 years ago

Yes. CST because Deeproot is in Texas, not Norway, Australia, nor any where else where it will be 9/21 before it is in Texas.

Time of the day was never mentioned.

#9866 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Totally agree. Forget $3500. They would still sell a ton of units at $5000.

RAZA will be at least $6995.

#9867 3 years ago

So is the rumor still 3 titles tomorrow one being licensed theme and ready to ship by 10/5?

Should be interesting if this happens.

#9868 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So is the rumor still 3 titles tomorrow one being licensed theme and ready to ship by 10/5?
Should be interesting if this happens.

Wishful thinking is not a rumor.

Go back to Robert's interview from 8 months ago. He only states RAZA for the reveal. If another game title is even announced, I would be surprised.

I really do not think another game will be announced until at least half of the RAZA production has been boxed up.

#9869 3 years ago

Yes. CST because Deeproot is in Texas, not Norway, Australia, nor any where else where it will be 9/21 before it is in Texas.
Time of the day was never mentioned.

Usually when people mention a time zone, a time is also given. We all know where TX is. Just saying.

#9870 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

We all know where TX is. Just saying.

Guess you hadn't been reading all the comments like I have. You cannot always tell who is joking, or who really is serious about their comments or whether everyone is aware deeproot Pinball is even in Texas.

#9871 3 years ago

Odd to me that the original debut had a full and clear itinerary and tomorrow we don't even know what time the info will drop, what will drop or through what means.

#9872 3 years ago

This thread is on fire! We are all here, full of hope and expectations, and yet dr gives us nothing ??? It is going to be hard for RAZA to match the hype.

#9873 3 years ago

Wishful thinking is not a rumor.
Go back to Robert's interview from 8 months ago. He only states RAZA for the reveal. If another game title is even announced, I would be surprised.
I really do not think another game will be announced until at least half of the RAZA production has been boxed up.

I was thinking back to much of their anticipation for 2019 and podcast from last year, wasn’t part of their supposed “schtick” that was going to differentiate them from everyone else multiple titles on release? Maybe I misheard what was exactly said or forget since it was 12+ months ago.

#9874 3 years ago

This thread is on fire! We are all here, full of hope and with many expectations, and yet dr gives us nothing ??? It is going to be hard for RAZA to match the hype.

I mean, we have all seen RAZA from the Houston show many many months ago. Yeah it wasn't complete, but seemingly the guts were there. How much hype does RAZA actually have?

#9875 3 years ago

This thread is on fire! We are all here, full of hope and expectations, and yet dr gives us nothing ??? It is going to be hard for RAZA to meet the hype.

Really no different than what JJP offers. Actually DR gave a date with no time and JJP a month with no date.

#9876 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I mean, we have all seen RAZA from the Houston show many many months ago. Yeah it wasn't complete, but seemingly the guts were there. How much hype does RAZA actually have?

This is part of the reason I think it’s going to be more than one game tomorrow and the fact that a single game release isn’t going to change the pinball world like they claim. Multiple games would be a remarkable feat and they have had the time and money to do it.

We will see Soon enough I guess.

#9877 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is part of the reason I think it’s going to be more than one game tomorrow and the fact that a single game release isn’t going to change the pinball world like they claim. Multiple games would be a remarkable feat and they have had the time and money to do it.
We will see Soon enough I guess.

Well they only list RAZA for the launch on their YouTube channel.

"deeproot Pinball will launch RAZA as its first pinball title on 9.21.2020."

(that is from their own comments on the video)

#9878 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well they only list RAZA for the launch on their YouTube channel.
"deeproot Pinball will launch RAZA as its first pinball title on 9.21.2020."
(that is from their own comments on the video)

I saw that but there is some speculation they may surprise with something else..may not ever be a pin..no idea.

This was on another podcast back in August.

#9879 3 years ago

I'm hopeful the people burned by John will be made whole with a delivery of a RAZA game. I think John "sold" around 150 of them.

Curious to see how well RAZA sells beyond that. I'm guessing not much. It's an original theme and a confusing one at that.

#9880 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm hopeful the people burned by John will be made whole with a delivery of a RAZA game. I think John "sold" around 150 of them.

Most of those people (myself included) are listed in the Zidware bankruptcy and won't be getting anything from deeproot. The deadline to sign on was way back in 2018 when absolutely nothing was shown - another request of faith after so many failed attempts.

So RAZA and all the other zidware original titles will be permanently radioactive since most of those zid customers didn't get anything.

#9881 3 years ago

People here expecting multiple machines at prices of $3500 are out of their minds.

I believe we will just see a slightly-improved RAZA with more code/animations and an adjusted ramp. The pricing will be just below that of a Stern Premium (but they will talk about what a great "value" this is). Their big "innovation" will be that you can order it with a choice of armor colors, even though most of those choices will look bad with the colors of the actual machine.

There will also be a bunch of vague talk about "lots of other amazing titles" coming "soon", maybe with some pictures of artwork for those machines.

If you're lucky, they will give a definitive shipping date for RAZA, though I wouldn't be surprised if they simply say it will be "very soon".

#9882 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Most of those people (myself included) are listed in the Zidware bankruptcy and won't be getting anything from deeproot. The deadline to sign on was way back in 2018 when absolutely nothing was shown - another request of faith after so many failed attempts.
So RAZA and all the other zidware original titles will be permanently radioactive since most of those zid customers didn't get anything.

This reminds me of Lebowski.

I don’t think most new Lebowski buyers put a ton of stock in what happened to EAs (as long as Cointaker protects the new people’s money). Don’t get me wrong I think they want EAs to be made whole - but not stopping them from purchasing TBL. The psychology being used (“justified”) is “buy a TBL and someday EAs will be made whole”.

And Lebowski continues to sell at 12.5k new and $15k+ used market.

With that said - there is a bit difference between both situations.

Ultimately, if a good game, new buyers will buy RAZA regardless of the story.

#9883 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

People here expecting multiple machines at prices of $3500 are out of their minds.
I believe we will just see a slightly-improved RAZA with more code/animations and an adjusted ramp. The pricing will be just below that of a Stern Premium (but they will talk about what a great "value" this is). Their big "innovation" will be that you can order it with a choice of armor colors, even though most of those choices will look bad with the colors of the actual machine.
There will also be a bunch of vague talk about "lots of other amazing titles" coming "soon", maybe with some pictures of artwork for those machines.
If you're lucky, they will give a definitive shipping date for RAZA, though I wouldn't be surprised if they simply say it will be "very soon".

I agree - to much hype. Keep it simple.
Improved RAZA for $6350!

Like it buy it. And get in waiting line.
New titles year down road, if in business (assuming they don’t have to give away free ones to previous company buyers. Maybe discount).

#9884 3 years ago

CST because Deeproot is in Texas

Texas is not on standard time again until November 1st.

#9885 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There are also vendors that still need to be compensated too.

#9886 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ultimately, if a good game, new buyers will buy RAZA regardless of the story.

I agree. I don’t actually hold it against anyone for buying the game if they like it. All I’m saying is JPop deserves whatever stink that follows him for the rest of his career.

#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Curious to see how well RAZA sells beyond that. I'm guessing not much. It's an original theme and a confusing one at that.

I must be talking to other pinball interests without a grudge for JPop as I think they will sell a crap load of this game and any they put forth there after. Bring on the new titles.

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Most of those people (myself included) are listed in the Zidware bankruptcy and won't be getting anything from deeproot.

The agreement text was quite humiliating for the signing customer I remember all kinds of restrictions and obligations. Cant blame anyone who did not sign that.

#9889 3 years ago

Tomorrow great pinball history will written. Finally RAZA in final form will be released. Especially for JPOP fans

#9890 3 years ago

Ive been taking a break from PS until yesterday......looks lime I came back at the right time!

#9891 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was thinking back to much of their anticipation for 2019 and podcast from last year, wasn’t part of their supposed “schtick” that was going to differentiate them from everyone else multiple titles on release? Maybe I misheard what was exactly said or forget since it was 12+ months ago.

You didn‘t mishear but reality happened.

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You didn‘t mishear but reality happened.

Screenshot_20200920-123733_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200920-123733_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9893 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Odd to me that the original debut had a full and clear itinerary and tomorrow we don't even know what time the info will drop, what will drop or through what means.

Yeah, not odd to me

The “Pinball media” have come and gone

Another waste of money

Just show the game again, RAZA and better be ready to box it and sell it

Years of noodling and doodling...again

How can Spooky literally kick their ass for years with their limited funding, talent and assets? Not to mention Stern, JJP, AP and everybody else

Email messages unreturned this far although I’m sure the media party was wild! Lol

#9894 3 years ago

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:

"Questions

Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?

Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."

Yes!

#9895 3 years ago

How long are people that want a Deeproot game going to have to wait?.. Stern looks to have a hit on their hands with avengers. Shipping Now! JJP will show Guns N Roses in October. I think if Deeproot games are not on the line and ready to ship with in a month consumers will buy other available games.

#9896 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:
"Questions
Yes!

Yeah that question was answered three years ago

It would be really nice to have another pinball company in the marketplace

#9897 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

that question was answered three years ago

Result tomorrow.

#9898 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Yes!

According to the last interview with Robert 8 months ago, JPOP is also working on another original theme and a licensed theme.

#9899 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Result tomorrow.

But just Raza. Didn’t we see it last November?

Yeah, it’s showtime. Let’s see it

#9900 3 years ago

JPOP is also working on another original theme and a licensed theme

Didnt hear that but regardless the combo JPOP/Zombie Yeti was magic only that combo pulled in all the zidware money mostly btw Yeti art alone. Without great art that matches JPOPS design my interest is 0. There is Yeti art on RAZA AIW and MG (and Kiss but that doesnt matter) that is about 70% of the JPOP magic I dont see any artist filling that gap besides maybe Brian Allen who did the Alien backglass.

Thats why tomorrow is so special a lost world will resurface the JPOP/Yeti combo in final form. That WILL happen tomorrow + lots of coverage from the media already there. The odds are quite high deeproot has production ready to go for at least 10 tables per weeks as the original plan was to have it ready 2018, 2019 and March 2020 enough hits and the resistance is broken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/198?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.