• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 669.
#9751 3 years ago

Maybe an 80’s pop culture theme pin. With music, movies, fads, catch phrase from the 80’s.

#9752 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's what K said, so...
He also said "it's not Gremlins" (wich in my opinion didn't escape the 80's as well) so, I wouldn't trust in his assessment.

Yeah whether or not something "escaped the 80's" is pretty important. Box-office would say make a Rain Man pinball before Big Trouble but we all know it would be a sales dud (as would ET)

Then again, deepRoot seems to run on emotion not logic, so maybe we'll finally get that 3 Men and a Baby pin we've all been waiting for.

#9753 3 years ago

Somebody posted this last year with what appeared to be a Deeproot marketing ad for it to be revealed at TPF. The person who posted was also promptly asked to remove.

I’m 1000% in if this is the theme!

#9754 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Somebody posted this last year with what appeared to be a Deeproot marketing ad for it to be revealed at TPF. The person who posted was also promptly asked to remove.
I’m 1000% in if this is the theme!

Starting to thing more and more, that this is the 80s theme DR has. And..I'm quite alright with that, and will be buying it.

#9755 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Starting to thing more and more, that this is the 80s theme DR has. And..I'm quite alright with that, and will be buying it.

I’ll give it the edge over BTTF since it’s a fresh theme to the pinball world and that would be a plus for DR.

6/7/2020 was also the 35th anniversary of Goonies not that this is usually significant in pinball but who knows, timing would be good.

#9756 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll give it the edge over BTTF since it’s a fresh theme to the pinball world and that would be a plus for DR.

Yeah, if anyone remakes BTTF (and I’m not sure anyone will), it would be Kapow/Stern, IMO. Joe would be the only one to wrangle that license.

#9757 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, if anyone remakes BTTF (and I’m not sure anyone will), it would be Kapow/Stern, IMO. Joe would be the only one to wrangle that license.

Why would it be a difficult license to get? There's been a ton of BTTF video games over the years, plus the original Data East game as well as a more recent Zen pinball version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Back_to_the_Future_video_games

#9758 3 years ago

Wow, I completely forgot this one. - I remember looking in the newspaper what was running in the Cinema, and Rain Main was in theather for far over a year.

#9759 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Money Pit, that’s the DR investors theme...

Congratz! You explained the joke.

#9760 3 years ago
0174F944-EE64-4278-96C5-F8854334F8B0.gif0174F944-EE64-4278-96C5-F8854334F8B0.gif5FB16C5F-6834-42D9-A654-F8FFCF6E9B34 (resized).jpeg5FB16C5F-6834-42D9-A654-F8FFCF6E9B34 (resized).jpeg
#9761 3 years ago

Snake Plissken for the win. Escape From New York.

61EHzIwVvAL (resized).jpg61EHzIwVvAL (resized).jpg

#9762 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image][quoted image]

so long as it has this clip in it

#9763 3 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Maybe an 80’s pop culture theme pin. With music, movies, fads, catch phrase from the 80’s.

Be pretty cool to do this with a connect to Spotify or some other service to stream random 80s music.

The issue I always have with music pins is I get sick of the same songs over and over.. would fix that.

#9764 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Be pretty cool to do this with a connect to Spotify or some other service to stream random 80s music.
The issue I always have with music pins is I get sick of the same songs over and over.. would fix that.

This could turn into a nightmare a few years down the road when contracts expire/companies go out of business/whatever, but man that'd be amazing... Never even considered an internet-connected game streaming a variety of music. Imagine if your pin just started playing Mariah Carey christmas music on December 1st

#9765 3 years ago

Terminator?

#9766 3 years ago

That'd be a juggernaut, but with 2 games allready available I dunno...

A new Terminator for me just has to be a Steve Ritchie game.

#9767 3 years ago

Culture Club Pinball. I'll Tumble 4 Ya Multiball. Karma Chameleon edition.

#9768 3 years ago

Btw. I'd guess Robert is "happy" watching this. - Giving Kaneda something to tease/ brag about and all of a sudden the dumpster fire turns into a wild dream speculation thread...

...well, IF he gave K that info. If not he may be pissed, because if they only reveal RAZA, it would hurt it's sales.

#9769 3 years ago

I'm just hoping these themes (whatever they end up releasing) do not all turn in to some Comic Book version of all of these movies...

#9770 3 years ago

Since DR is doing original themes I think they should hire this artist. Look at the freaking imagination! Holy cow.
https://gfycat.com/wastefulethicalhornedtoad

#9771 3 years ago
F6DE86EC-D795-4BE0-91A6-D2292DE66337 (resized).jpegF6DE86EC-D795-4BE0-91A6-D2292DE66337 (resized).jpeg
#9772 3 years ago

What if it is just another announcement about an announcement again? I am hoping for finished games that are ready to ship... I highly doubt it.

I think you will be starting another countdown. I think Stern, JJP and CGC will all announce more games before DR ship anything. Maybe you can count your countdowns!

#9773 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Maybe you can count your countdowns!

Will do: 3!

Edit:
Maybe I should explain.
Of course I do this partially because I'm enthusiastic, but more because I wanted to disrupt/ irritate the neverending and circling shithole discussion; wich it did.
I laugh my butt of, when people are agressively attacking me for posting that countdown and not adding relevant information, while these are the same people who're naysaying about the same pasttime stuff over and over again.
The countdown is the only actual/ relevant information we have, the rest ist purely speculative.
Whatever you think of this, hopefully in 3 days it is over!

#9774 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Since DR is doing original themes I think they should hire this artist. Look at the freaking imagination! Holy cow.
https://gfycat.com/wastefulethicalhornedtoad

Several of the rumored titles aren’t original themes.

#9775 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Will do: 3!
Edit:
Maybe I should explain.
Of course I do this partially because I'm enthusiastic, but more because I wanted to disrupt/ irritate the neverending and circling shithole discussion; wich it did.
I laugh my butt of, when people are agressively attacking me for posting that countdown and not adding relevant information, while these are the same people who're naysaying about the same pasttime stuff over and over again.
The countdown is the only actual/ relevant information we have, the rest ist purely speculative.
Whatever you think of this, hopefully in 3 days it is over!

I like it! Your coundown have been more enjoyable than anything we have got from Deeproot.

Unfortunatley I do not think we will see much from Deeproot in 3 days. Maybe a game or a picture of a game.

#9776 3 years ago

Impress me with product. You know, a pinball machine ready for sale; already built.

Otherwise my funds stay far away. Been burned over and over trying to support the new guys.

#9777 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I like it! Your coundown have been more enjoyable than anything we have got from Deeproot.
Unfortunatley I do not think we will see much from Deeproot in 3 days. Maybe a game or a picture of a game.

I don‘t think so.

They have to generate income so they have to show off at least one game top to bottom.

But we‘ll see if they still had enough money to preproduce games or if they... need the orders to be able to order parts and start production.

I hope it‘s the first and they really can deliver games within 2 weeks.
If it‘s the latter that‘s understandable as well; but I’m not sure enough people still have the trust (in general).

#9778 3 years ago

Folks...pinball is easy.

I can assure you, all of your wildest pinball fantasies are about to come true.

#9779 3 years ago

Anyone for a Das Boot pinball machine? The ball is submerged below the playfield and each game takes 4 hours.

#9780 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Folks...pinball is easy.

HA! I see what you did there!

#9781 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anyone for a Das Boot pinball machine? The ball is submerged below the playfield and each game takes 4 hours.

I‘m obviously biased with that one!

#9782 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘m obviously biased with that one!

I don’t mean the beer drinking vessel...

#9783 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I don’t mean the beer drinking vessel...

Uh... no, that‘s... ah, forget it! XD

#9784 3 years ago

Hoping that DP comes out swinging with lower pricing than everyone else. This would impress the market instantly and set a new precedence. People are already talking about JJP pricing going up even more. Don’t know how they will sell many machines at even their current high pricing. The used market factors JJP’s high pricing in and is one of the reasons JJP games resale prices are so poor (POTC is the only exception, because of very limited run. Start making them again and watch how fast used POTC games drop in value). DP’s slogan of a pinball in every home, indicates lower pricing. Whomever can beat the price of a Pro, the pinball kingdom is theirs.

#9785 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Folks...pinball is easy.

Vote for a Pedro.

#9786 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hoping that DP comes out swinging with lower pricing than everyone else. This would impress the market instantly and set a new precedence. People are already talking about JJP pricing going up even more. Don’t know how they will sell many machines at even their current high pricing. The used market factors JJP’s high pricing in and is one of the reasons JJP games resale prices are so poor (POTC is the only exception, because of very limited run. Start making them again and watch how fast used POTC games drop in value). DP’s slogan of a pinball in every home, indicates lower pricing. Whomever can beat the price of a Pro, the pinball kingdom is theirs.

So unless they are willing to lose money on each sale, or have developed a secret build efficiency process we don’t know about or use cheaper materials then it seems highly unlikely that they will deliver a substantially lower price. Stern can set price due in part to being the market leader but also due to large economies of scale that DR can’t possibly have at this point. It’s why it’s been so hard for these other companies to truly disrupt Stern. Barring some major deep pockets willing to lose money for a while, DR does not have enough revenue to scale up the design and manufacturing process to thereby lower the price below Stern.

#9787 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

So unless they are willing to lose money on each sale, or have developed a secret build efficiency process we don’t know about or use cheaper materials then it seems highly unlikely that they will deliver a substantially lower price. Stern can set price due in part to being the market leader but also due to large economies of scale that DR can’t possibly have at this point. It’s why it’s been so hard for these other companies to truly disrupt Stern. Barring some major deep pockets willing to lose money for a while, DR does not have enough revenue to scale up the design and manufacturing process to thereby lower the price below Stern.

I'd like to think their innovations will cut costs one way or the other in the (hopefully) long run but yes, I don't think - and Robert even backpedalled to this - that they intend to be generally "cheap" (at least from the getgo but intendedly later); just that the value will always be better.

#9788 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really Levi?....
I can go down a pretty dark hole here.

#9789 3 years ago

jesus how many times you all have to repeat the same 'game theme speculation' tangent? Does anyone even read this stuff?

#9790 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

jesus how many times you all have to repeat the same 'game theme speculation' tangent? Does anyone even read this stuff?

7 times. What do I win?

#9791 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I agree I’d be happy as hell with pricing in the HW range .

#9792 3 years ago

Second DR game confirmed with an aptly titled name. The Never Ending Story.

#9793 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Second DP game confirmed with an aptly titled name. The Never Ending Story.

So that is after the Big Lebowski? Wrong thread though.

#9794 3 years ago

Send me a PM if after the announcement if DR is not willing to fulfill their obligations under the GOODWILL AGREEMENT on Monday in a timely fashion

Which has already been breached

#9795 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Lol, they have already been very willing to lose big money over the past 5 years and have sold nothing. If the market is to be disrupted, it is always through price point. It always boils down at the end of the day to pricing, no matter the product.

Having been a manufacturer on a global scale of between 400 to 500 products, it always was pricing that made the difference, no matter the quality. If pricing is higher than competitors, your product sits on the shelf and collects dust. Maybe a few dedicated loyalist will buy no matter the price, but that is the rare exception.

#9796 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol, they have already been very willing to lose big money over the past 5 years and have sold nothing. If the market is to be disrupted, it is always through price point. It always boils down at the end of the day to pricing, no matter the product.
Having been a manufacturer on a global scale of between 400 to 500 products, it always was pricing that made the difference, no matter the quality. If pricing is higher than competitors, your product sits on the shelf and collects dust. Maybe a few dedicated loyalist will buy no matter the price, but that is the rare exception.

Don’t disagree with you at all here. Price is the great disrupter in all industries. I guess what I was saying is that their only viable path to disrupt in this arena is likely to continue losing money. How deep is that wallet ? The shuttering of several of their groups suggest it ain’t that deep. And given they did it high profile burn cash mode for way longer than they intended, unless they have a sizable reserve in place that we don’t know about they are already done. Because they ain’t making money anytime soon even if shipping product.

#9797 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

How deep is that wallet ?

Wilhelm from dr answered my e-mail last week a sign that 1 employee gets paid. JPOP more or less works for free for obvious reasons.

#9798 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Send me a PM if after the announcement if DR is not willing to fulfill their obligations under the GOODWILL AGREEMENT on Monday in a timely fashion
Which has already been breached

#9799 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Wilhelm from dr answered my e-mail last week a sign that 1 employee gets paid. JPOP more or less works for free for obvious reasons.

One employee is not a lot to design and build games...

#9800 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If pricing is higher than competitors, your product sits on the shelf and collects dust. Maybe a few dedicated loyalist will buy no matter the price, but that is the rare exception.

So why didn't Ferrari, Porsche, Benz allready close down because of Kia, Fiat etc.?

Deeproot doesn't need to be cheaper (but of course it would help) as long as they're not more expensive but better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.