• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 669.
#9651 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

People actually do this and some have died...

Fake news!

Dont!

Now back to AA

#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

On par with Ghostbusters would be something like ET, Back to the Future, Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Ferris Bueller, Die Hard and the Karate Kid.

Those are all great themes and consistent with the Ghostbusters reference. I just can’t believe those franchises would license to an unproven company like Deeproot, but, then again, what do I know about licensing?

#9653 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Those are all great themes and consistent with the Ghostbusters reference. I just can’t believe those franchises would license to an unproven company like Deeproot, but, then again, what do I know about licensing?

Heighway Pinball got Alien (trough Mr. Sharpe), so...

#9654 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not in every regard.
How many people go to cons dressed as ET, or how many merch stuff is pumping out every other week for Ferris Bueller?
Ghostbusters and BTTF got their own Lego and Playmobil line and lot's of replica stuff, shirts and whatnot.
But yeah, Die Hard is still a kinda "active" franchise and Top Gun at least gets a new movie so...

That's a good point, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a top 80s movies that has that level of fandom and merch still happening. Maybe Gremlins, I see those costumes at cons. I think Die Hard would be badass, that series is still super popular, especially around Christmas. And with the new Top Gun movie coming out next year, it fits in with what happened with Ghostbusters getting a new movie and pin for the original around the same time. What was the last airplane themed pinball game? It's been awhile.

#9655 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Any guesses as to the ‘80s movie theme the K-man mentioned today on his podcast that Deeproot has supposedly secured the license for? He said it’s as big as Ghostbusters. That’s a pretty big theme.

Goonies

#9656 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Heighway Pinball got Alien (trough Mr. Sharpe), so...

That’s an excellent point. I forgot about Alien and Heighway.

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What was the last airplane themed pinball game? It's been awhile.

I'd love me an Airplane game. (I cry when I think that I sold my Operation Thunder.)
- Not too sure I'd get the Top Gun "Movie" license for that, since it's not exactly an action packed film.

Just license the Logo, an F-14 and the music and ignore the story!

Edit: Heck, I'd love it when someone would retheme Stern Star Trek to F-14 Tomcat and replace the Vengeance with General Yagov! (The Enterprise with the F-14, the Asteroids with Clouds and the Warp Ramp becomes a barrel roll.)

#9658 3 years ago

You guys may love it and that is great but it is not even close to be "en par" with Ghostbusters, wich somehow managed to be still relevant.

And on top Goonies is not a thing that is popular internationally.

But yeah, Kaneda would say Goonies and Big Trouble in Little China is en par with GB, so it is completely possible.

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Cobra Kai has been in the Top 10 on Netflix for ages...

“for ages” it was added to Netflix a month ago

#9660 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I've met Gary and Jersey Jack at the NW Pinball and Arcade Show a couple times over the years, but were super friendly and nice. But I have to say, almost all the industry folks I've met at shows have been in show mode and super friendly, when it gets down to business, pushing production, marketing and market share, I expect they are all pretty tough and know how to play hardball.

JJ was very dismissive when we met him at TPF and we were just praising our new Pirates. It was pointed out that we were dropped real quick because he ran over to couple wearing thousand dollar outfits. Eric was great to talk to though.

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I've met at shows have been in show mode and super friendly, when it gets down to business, pushing production, marketing and market share, I expect they are all pretty tough and know how to play hardball.

That's something people often fail at when assessing people, especially in the saaaaaaales business. Hell, Jack sold games for how many years? I'd imagine close friends and family see different aspects, just like any person.

#9662 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

couple wearing thousand dollar outfits.

They still have a name though and it was posted multiple times, whenever this story comes up.

#9663 3 years ago

With Keaton coming back to the role, now's the time to do a proper Batman '89.

#9664 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

“for ages” it was added to Netflix a month ago

Cobra Kai is a "youtube original". Season 1 episode 1 was released on Netflix on 5/02/2018.
Anyway the more you know.

I think this specific well has been poisoned and might as well be deleted. DR isn't likely to come in here and post ever again. But I guess maybe let's shift gears a tad and discuss this upcoming title. In case anyone at DR is still reading this train wreck it might be good to give them some ideas/feedback.
What do you like? What do you dislike? What do you think would be cool to add? JPOP's artwork is really unique and I love it. Every game he's done I've loved the artwork. His signature is fancy ramps (AIC CHECK), goofy shooter lane (AIC no?) and usually an uber annoying toy that slows pace. (AIC no?).
And I believe this would be the first JPOP game with a mini pf right? Back to the shooter lane. It appears you have a choice to plunge to the pop bumpers or around the top side so no goofy ass JPOP shooter lane? Sweet. I hate his shooter lanes honestly. I'm wondering if the mini PF is the goofy ass toy replacement? lol Regardless I think IF AIC is to be a JPOP influenced machined I think it's fantastic that this isn't a machine comprised of ripped off ideas from previous games he's built.
As always go DR!

IMG_5648-small (resized).jpgIMG_5648-small (resized).jpg
#9665 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

With Keaton coming back to the role, now's the time to do a proper Batman '89.

John Popadiuk doing a Tim Burton movie... *love*

#9666 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Cobra Kai is a "youtube original". Season 1 episode 1 was released on Netflix on 5/02/2018.

It was on YouTube Red for the first 2 years. Only came to Netflix this year.

The more you know.....

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-08-26/cobra-kai-netflix-release-date/

#9667 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

What do you like? What do you dislike? What do you think would be cool to add? JPOP's artwork is really unique and I love it. E

More his art style, art direction, etc. I don't think he's an illustrator by trade. Not sure about his hobbies, other than being a Garth from "Wayne's World" impersonator.

#9668 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

John Popadiuk doing a Tim Burton movie... *love*

I'd do atrocious deeds for a Popadiuk Batman 89. Or Eric Meunier Nightmare Before Christmas. (insert Homer drool pic).

#9669 3 years ago

JJ was very dismissive when we met him at TPF

Jack has been a gentleman every time I've met him or talked to him. That is at multiple shows, and even once at his offices (when I was there he actually gave me a tour because he had a few minutes to spare). In my opinion, nice guy. And I'm just some fool that likes pinball.

#9670 3 years ago

The only 80s movie "as big as Ghostbusters" that hasn't been a pin recently is BTTF.

Beverly Hills Cop actually out grossed GB but didn't stay in the public consciousness at all.

Top Gun also didn't "escape the 80s" very well but there's a new one coming (eventually?) and it would actually make a better pin (rules wise) than BTTF.

#9671 3 years ago

I wish people would stop calling it JPOP's artwork. It's not.

#9672 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack has been a gentleman every time I've met him or talked to him. That is at multiple shows, and even once at his offices (when I was there he actually gave me a tour because he had a few minutes to spare). In my opinion, nice guy. And I'm just some fool that likes pinball.

Probably a wrong impression, but first ones are everything and there were three of us who felt that way that day.

And yeah, I'll repeat it until I have reason not to when the subject comes up. Also, I have a bad memory and don't really remember when I've said it before. XD

#9673 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

JPOP's artwork is really unique and I love it

Zombie Yeti’s artwork, not JPOOP.

#9674 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

On par with Ghostbusters would be something like ET, Back to the Future, Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Ferris Bueller, Die Hard and the Karate Kid.

ET, BHC , KK , Ferris are imo not so gooth tjemes for a pinball machine.
Top Gun ->Already done -> Airborne Ranger, F14 ..
BTTF : oh yes, of course. Magnetic tricks wired ramps.. classic JPOP Theme
Die Hard: hmm, simple rules: shoot all therrorists.

#9675 3 years ago

Goonies would be an all time great !

#9676 3 years ago

Upcoming themes are always compelling but I'm more interested in getting a peek under the hood. There's been talk of innovation from a ground floor start up company and I want to see what fresh ideas those respected designers have come up with.

#9677 3 years ago

Just a few forgotten 80s classics:

Fast Times at Ridgemount High
Caddyshack
Friday the 13th
The Breakfast Club
The Lost Boys
Untouchables
Heathers
First Blood
Purple Rain
This is Spinal Tap
Robocop
Platoon
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Thing

#9678 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Caddyshack
Friday the 13th
The Breakfast Club
The Lost Boys
Untouchables
Heathers
First Blood
Purple Rain
This is Spinal Tap
Robocop
Platoon
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Thing

GREMLINS!! Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins

#9679 3 years ago

GREMLINS!! Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins Gremlins

But what if your machine gets wet?

#9680 3 years ago

Already been done

#9681 3 years ago

Confirmed not to be Gremlins. I guessing one of: Goonies, BTTF, Top Gun or ET.

#9682 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You forgot Automan, Tales of the Gold Monkey, and Riptide.

#9683 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think its its either BTTF or Goones

#9684 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Caddyshack
Friday the 13th
The Breakfast Club
The Lost Boys
Untouchables
Heathers
First Blood
Purple Rain
This is Spinal Tap
Robocop
Platoon
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Thing

Ok, Rambo I forgot, he‘s still big.

I‘d love Bill&Ted and Robocop, but wouldn‘t compare it Ghostbusters.

#9685 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Oh I know! I was working for Youtube when it dropped years ago. Couldn’t find a fellow viewer back then. I was specifically pointing out that it hadn’t “been on Netflix for ages”

#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Oh I know! I was working for Youtube when it dropped years ago. Couldn’t find a fellow viewer back then. I was specifically pointing out that it hadn’t “been on Netflix for ages”

If it would be ages, Stern would have to make it, because they‘re basically the same!

(Hint: Read „AGES“ backwards.)

#9687 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

I think its its either BTTF or Goones

I never liked Goonies after I realized Creepy Spieilberg made 11 year old boys act like "penis breath" would be something kids that age think of. It was really subversive.. Just like Indy Jones was a Pedo. You don't catch on to it until you see how depraved it is from an adult viewpoint. Sad Sack to the rescue. Whannn, whanaaanannanh.

#9688 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I never liked Goonies after I realized Creepy Spieilberg made 11 year old boys act like "penis breath" would be something kids that age think of. It was really subversive.. Just like Indy Jones was a Pedo. You don't catch on to it until you see how depraved it is from an adult viewpoint. Sad Sack to the rescue. Whannn, whanaaanannanh.

That was normal talk for the 11 year olds I grew up with... that was 6th grade, pretty soon after I was smoking pot and fooling around with girls.

#9689 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Just like Indy Jones was a Pedo. You don't catch on to it until you see how depraved it is from an adult viewpoint. Sad Sack to the rescue. Whannn, whanaaanannanh.

What are you talking about?!?
On second thought, nevermind...... I don't want to know.

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That was normal talk for the 11 year olds I grew up with... that was 6th grade, pretty soon after I was smoking pot and fooling around with girls. You might want to consider that you are reading something into those movies that really isn't there... oh wait, I just looked into it, you are spouting a crazy QAnon conspiracy theory. Oh geeze.

#9691 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What are you talking about?!?
On second thought, nevermind...... I don't want to know.

Apparently it's a crazy QAnon conspiracy theory, I just Googled it. I was hoping pinball would remain a safe haven from that crazy stuff.

#9692 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Apparently it's a crazy QAnon conspiracy theory, I just Googled it. I was hoping pinball would remain a safe haven from that crazy stuff.

You can't escape the loons.

#9693 3 years ago

Nope they’re everywhere

#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Fake news!

Dont!
Now back to AA

Fu@k yeah Aussie Arcade is the bomb!

Arnie isn't in enough pins yet, it should be Total Recall!

#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You met "salesman John". You should meet angry John, the one gets annoyed when you email him several times for feedback after offering free help. Or you should meet revengeful John, when he sues his buyers that put down money.

He is talking about Jersey Jack , not Con Job John...

#9697 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Caddyshack
Friday the 13th
The Breakfast Club
The Lost Boys
Untouchables
Heathers
First Blood
Purple Rain
This is Spinal Tap
Robocop
Platoon
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Thing

You forgot Annie.

#9698 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

You forgot Annie.

Oh dear God, that would be bad. Why not make a Tootsie pin while we're at it.

#9699 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Oh dear God, that would be bad. Why not make a Tootsie pin while we're at it.

Don't forget, "Pretty in Pink"

#9700 3 years ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Don't forget, "Pretty in Pink"

I'm starting a Kickstarter for the Ishtar pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.