• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 669.
#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

I already love this company !!
It takes steel balls to talk this way... that means you can back it up hence, great things to come GO GO GO Deeproot!!!

you’ve apparently never spent a lot of time around short men.

#9552 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

you’ve apparently never spent a lot of time around short men.

Ouch.

#9554 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You must be new here.

never assume

#9555 3 years ago

They have already had a release, but it was destroyed by Covid. They showed a prototype and had a reveal ready to go. But keep posting the same old, same old: Robert is full of shit, all promises, no action etc etc etc blah, blah.

They are revealing the final game after Covid recovery. Good for them!

#9556 3 years ago

Interesting strategy. Take a shot at Stern for saying they (Stern) dominate the pinball industry. Erm... they DO dominate the industry compared to deeproot. Stern has shipped tens of thousands of games, deeproot hasn't shipped one.

I actually like RAZA a lot from a product standpoint, but I no way would I ever send them a thin dime until they prove they can actually manufacture and ship a game.

#9557 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

??
The successful characters and stories was all that differentiates wwf from the traveling wrestling shows that play to school gyms

Which is long gone by now. They (Vince) have long lost whatever magic or deal with the devil they made in the 80s. WWE has no clue how to create such characters now. Ironically, they amped up the school gym characters to 11 which is what brought such success back then.

Oh, you didn’t mean to get into a semi-meaningful discussion about wrestling?! My bad! Lol

#9558 3 years ago
Quoted from DrFred:

I ever send them a thin dime until they prove they can actually manufacture and ship a game.

Don't think they asked anyone for penny!

#9559 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They have already had a release, but it was destroyed by Covid. They showed a prototype and had a reveal ready to go. But keep posting the same old, same old: Robert is full of shit, all promises, no action etc etc etc blah, blah.
They are revealing the final game after Covid recovery. Good for them!

Covid recovery ? My kids are still doing school in front of a computer, and I'm still not in my office !

Ps : Robert and Jpop destroyed their reveal all by themselves, this time that poor virus had nothing to do with it

#9560 3 years ago
Quoted from DrFred:

but I no way would I ever send them a thin dime until they prove they can actually manufacture and ship a game.

Not sure I understand. Isn't that the Normal process of buying a product? When they produce something and ship you send them thin dimes? Hard to think you would send them money Before making something??

#9561 3 years ago

To be clear what to expect. We can expect a RAZA reveal with a picture of the final table. Anything more is speculation. A RAZA release is speculation more footage is speculation. Deeproot has set the bar very low on expectations. At least you can’t bring the playfield down with a hammer

I’m a lot less excited than a week ago but extremely curious what the final RAZA will look like. What the atomic shop looks like what the ditzzie target looks like what the Ned toy looks like how the right ramp is set up what the cabinet looks like what the playfield looks like what the ferriswheel looks like...where is the countdown.

#9562 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ps : Robert and Jpop destroyed their reveal all by themselves, this time that poor virus had nothing to do with it

Huh?

#9563 3 years ago

Well I was just expecting a middle of the road first game, and could have seen that as cool.

But now after their latest post, you've set my expectations really high, so if 9/22 doesn't arrive with 5 games, some exponential savings on manufacturing, playfields that won't mar with a sledgehammer hit, games that play better than all Sterns, and all of that for under $6k then all the chest pounding was for naught.

#9564 3 years ago

For what it's worth, deeproot hinted and more than one game:

comment: "Ohhh.. this is not end well... you don’t even have 1 game out... It’s like watching a mouse that wants to fight the elephant... be careful what you wish for!!!"

deeproot: "Luca Varriale there are more mice than you probably think."

#9565 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

comment: "Ohhh.. this is not end well... you don’t even have 1 game out... It’s like watching a mouse that wants to fight the elephant... be careful what you wish for!!!"

Deeproot"ed" thought was that their ace in the hole is going to be a major bomb drop of several machines upon release. But according to some only RAZA and MG next year.

#9566 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Deeproot"ed" thought was that their ace in the hole is going to be a major bomb drop of several machines upon release. But according to some only RAZA and MG next year.

I only commented as RAZA at launch and AIW and MG at the earliest would be 2021 per Robert's comment on Kaneda's podcast from 8 months ago.

#9567 3 years ago
Quoted from DrFred:

Interesting strategy. Take a shot at Stern for saying they (Stern) dominate the pinball industry. Erm... they DO dominate the industry compared to deeproot. Stern has shipped tens of thousands of games, deeproot hasn't shipped one.
I actually like RAZA a lot from a product standpoint, but I no way would I ever send them a thin dime until they prove they can actually manufacture and ship a game.

IKEA dominates the furniture industry in sales. That means they make the best furniture?

#9568 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

IKEA dominates the furniture industry in sales. That means they make the best furniture?

It depends on the definition of best

#9569 3 years ago

If COVID ruined the Deeproot reveal and everything was and still is ready to go, what are they waiting for while Stern releases 2 solid machines?

#9570 3 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

If COVID ruined the Deeproot reveal and everything was and still is ready to go, what are they waiting for while Stern releases 2 solid machines?

I think everyone is pretty skeptical on whether Deeproot can deliver or not, I know I wouldn't buy one without being able to go play it on location. With a stern, you know what you are getting (for better or for worse), and they sell so many sight on seen I don't think they needed to worry about that.

#9571 3 years ago

Imagine the the largest ever reveal, out of nowhere. 3,800 **** units packaged for shipment. Four days later: Over 2 thousand licensed games have been assembeled for months, available by Xmas. Re-tooling was completed on line three AUG 3rd and these playfield will be are next be thing. FEB

#9572 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I think you are making this up

#9574 3 years ago

I will definately have on hand me popcorn.

#9575 3 years ago

Just checking in... Oh I see it’s the same whiny women here still crying about Deeproot. I can already tell who the haters are and who will never be satisfied no matter what deeproot does. No matter what they reveal the same whiners will be here spewing their hate with endless boring post hoping for dozens of thumbs up from the other haters. Some of you guys really need something else in your life other than Pinside and your sticky keyboard.

#9576 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just checking in... Oh I see it’s the same whiny women here still crying about Deeproot. I can already tell who the haters are and who will never be satisfied no matter what deeproot does. No matter what they reveal the same whiners will be here spewing their hate with endless boring post hoping for dozens of thumbs up from the other haters. Some of you guys really need something else in your life other than Pinside and your sticky keyboard.

You are aware of the phenomenal irony of your statement here?

#9577 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Imagine the the largest ever reveal, out of nowhere. 3,800 **** units packaged for shipment. Four days later: Over 2 thousand licensed games have been assembeled for months, available by Xmas. Re-tooling was completed on line three AUG 3rd and these playfield will be are next be thing. FEB

Yes, deeproot is just sitting on 15+ million dollars worth of pinballs just waiting in a giant warehouse for that reveal date.

#9578 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes, deeproot is just sitting on 15+ million dollars worth of pinballs just waiting in a giant warehouse for that reveal date.

...while they watch all their potential customers buying Avengers instead...

#9579 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It's a super genius idea for a manufacturing company. Even deeproot wouldn't make this mistake.

#9580 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I am not a buyer of it anyway, just as sure as many others are not.

I await Deeproot to reveal since I can only afford maybe one NIB every 3 years, so I need to find the right game for me.

#9581 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Well I was just expecting a middle of the road first game, and could have seen that as cool.
But now after their latest post, you've set my expectations really high, so if 9/22 doesn't arrive with 5 games, some exponential savings on manufacturing, playfields that won't mar with a sledgehammer hit, games that play better than all Sterns, and all of that for under $6k then all the chest pounding was for naught.

Robert doesn't realize his hubris is what is driving 90% of the negative commentary in this thread.

Of course he can shut everyone up and delivery on his own hype, but there's a reason why we're all jaded.

#9582 3 years ago

In 7 days, I hope when we find out how soon RAZA will be shipping. I sure hope some are already boxed up.

#9583 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

#9584 3 years ago

Just for general information and trivia, definitely Not the case that "all jaded", far from it many like myself agree with RM's assessment.

Some are just a bit over-sensitive maybe, for whatever their own reasons.

#9585 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

JPops Designs and what Keith Elwin does are basically night and day, so is their fanbase.

#9586 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

In 7 days, I hope when we find out how soon RAZA will be shipping. I sure hope some are already boxed up.

I hope so too.

But I am afraid that 7 days from now is just the Reveal. Then we will hear something like "shipping soon!"

#9587 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Robert doesn't realize his hubris is what is driving 90% of the negative commentary in this thread.
Of course he can shut everyone up and delivery on his own hype, but there's a reason why we're all jaded.

I've never met him but I'd like to one day. Despite my pokes at deeproot, he is clearly smart to have gotten where he is and probably knows exactly what he is posting and what reaction it'll get. "It's a bold strategy Cotton."

#9588 3 years ago
roberttrustmeiknowwhatimdoing (resized).jpgroberttrustmeiknowwhatimdoing (resized).jpg
#9589 3 years ago

just released: the 'hammer tester' audition tapes.

who do you think got the job?

===============================

1] the moonlighting maitre d'

2] iron man

3] the big wind up

4] lumberjack wannabe

5] dust in the wind

#9590 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Covid recovery ? My kids are still doing school in front of a computer, and I'm still not in my office !

This is San Antonio, not San Francisco.

The virus is no excuse.

And they received two PPP loans it appears.

#9591 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Certainly not, and I'm not saying that. I just think it is odd to attack Stern for sales of all things. I think you could argue design, you could argue innovation, I think you could even argue art or any other intangible factor. But they made the argument over Stern's biggest strength - actual production of pinball machines. Just an odd angle that's all.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I understand. Isn't that the Normal process of buying a product? When they produce something and ship you send them thin dimes? Hard to think you would send them money Before making something??

At some point to purchase anything you need to pay. In pinball that seems to almost always imply paying something before the product gets to you in any kind of direct manufacturer sales. There are lots of innovative pinball startups that don't ever get to market because the company is gangbusters at design and lousy at actual production.

I'm just saying that a little effort on DRs part to show that there is actually a legit manufacturing process that is producing games would help people see this company is the light they clearly want to be seen in. Maybe that will happen and maybe it won't, but I hope they do because it would make me personally feel better at pulling the trigger when the time comes

#9592 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is San Antonio, not San Francisco.
The virus is no excuse.
And they received two PPP loans it appears.

What difference does it make that it’s San Antonio? Is TX operating business as usual right now ?

#9593 3 years ago

The original delivery date was June 30th 2019 per the Goodwill agreement

Then we signed an amendment through June 30th 2020.

Covid hit and DR basically extended again through sept 30, unilaterally, due to “act of god” basically

Games have got to be ready to go on Sept 21st.

#9594 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What difference does it make that it’s San Antonio? Is TX operating business as usual right now ?

What difference? It’s not fully back to “as usual” but it’s almost

And NOTHING like New York City or California.

Covid in simply not an excuse here. Stern, AP, Spooky all producing games

#9595 3 years ago

Is the new playfield technology DR is planning on using the same as Haggis pinball developed? See first video on their playfield technology, see 2nd video on 3 playfield options they have - cool technology!

https://m.facebook.com/HaggisPinball/videos/325728361718844/

#9596 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is the new playfield technology DR is planning on using the same as Haggis pinball developed? See first video on their playfield technology, see 2nd video on 3 playfield options they have - cool technology!
https://m.facebook.com/HaggisPinball/videos/325728361718844/

In the past Robert was very clear that it would be an all wooden playfield. Unlike Haggis, which is a wood substrate and plexiglass layer. (Which I think Bally invented on Elektra)

#9597 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm a potential customer and I'm waiting to see if deeproot reveals something interesting. As much as I like comic style, I sure as hell don't need another avengers type pin in my lineup.
Would blow people's minds if they really had a stockpile of pins ready to ship at reveal. Best of luck deeproot.

#9598 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Would blow people's minds if they really had a stockpile of pins ready to ship at reveal. Best of luck deeproot.

Would it really blow minds?

Stern has been doing this 5 times a year for a decade.

#9599 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, because it would be someone other than the only one that can...which btw is my favorite pin company for this very reason. Stern.

#9600 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

3 cornerstones a year. Rest don’t count.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/192?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.