• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 669.
#9501 3 years ago

Omg. I'm super excited. Might have to make some room!

#9502 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Omg. I'm super excited. Might have to make some room!

That might be a bit early.

It'll be different. Some may like that, some don't but I'm excited that we'll get something else then the "same old, same old".
(Not saying "same old" is bad. Raza will never shoot as cool as AVIQ; but you know a Stern when you see a Stern. Looking forward to a bit of fresh air.)

#9503 3 years ago

I almost forgot what the game looked like .
It's a good-looking machine , I hope they keep the stainless steel .

IMG_20200911_210821 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_210821 (resized).jpg
#9504 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

September 21, 2020 B[...] deeproot
"By"
"Before"
"Best of"
"Behold"

Birthday

#9505 3 years ago

Well we finally have an actual date for something at least. I really do hope they deliver all kinds of new and awesome innovative features and many great games. I have no personal stake in it, I just love pinball!

#9506 3 years ago

Unfortunately I can't help but think the "big reveal" will be only marginally different than what we saw at the Houston show, which will be underwhelming to say the least. If so, I can't get over how tone-deaf this is. Avengers came out of nowhere and just blew everybody's shit. If you follow that up with a countdown clock to a lesser game that everyone's already seen before...ouch! Makes me hopeful (but not optimistic) that there's something more than we expect.

Regardless, I got a laugh out of one of the hashtags from the instagram post. #pastdue That's pretty funny and more self-deprecating than we typically see Robert.

#9507 3 years ago

My guess is that is the Release date (when they just show the "final" game), not when the games will actually be ready to sell and ship.

They reveal RAZA and say "shipping soon"!

That could be another year for all we know. Hope I'm wrong and they have games ready to sell and ship on 9/21/2020

#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

What is retro about RAZA?

it has retro in the name so it must be true

#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Hopefully the quality.....

#9510 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Unfortunately I can't help but think the "big reveal" will be only marginally different than what we saw at the Houston show, which will be underwhelming to say the least. If so, I can't get over how tone-deaf this is. Avengers came out of nowhere and just blew everybody's shit. If you follow that up with a countdown clock to a lesser game that everyone's already seen before...ouch! Makes me hopeful (but not optimistic) that there's something more than we expect.
Regardless, I got a laugh out of one of the hashtags from the instagram post. #pastdue That's pretty funny and more self-deprecating than we typically see Robert.

They did on purpose not share any video from that Houston show or invite anyone; they allready topped that.

#9511 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

It's got a retro future theme. As in, back in the ~50's, this is how they pictured the future to be.

#9512 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

My guess is that is the Release date (when they just show the "final" game), not when the games will actually be ready to sell and ship.
They reveal RAZA and say "shipping soon"!
That could be another year for all we know. Hope I'm wrong and they have games ready to sell and ship on 9/21/2020

I agree, I think we will simply see a slightly improved version of RAZA (i.e - fixed ramp, more code/animations) and a "shipping soon" announcement. There will also be some more vague talk of "lots of other machines/designs/things" being "on the way".

Maybe we will get a firm ship date for RAZA, but even that is probably too much to hope for.

#9513 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

it was designed ages ago

#9514 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Avengers came out of nowhere and just blew everybody's shit

That’s quite a graphic image you paint there. I’m trying to imagine a pinball game blowing my shit. Different scenarios do come to mind. Is it strong enough to deform the shit or does it just distribute the smell. In US, there’s a pool of water in the toilet - frequently the shit is under water - it would probably get the floor real wet. Bad scene, that.

Maybe it did, though, blow my shit, I was kind of hyped for a day after the release of pictures, but alas, the wind died down fairly quickly - which is probably a good thing considering the stench.

#9515 3 years ago

More grandstanding .... More posts for 10 more days.

Wooo hoo ! Deeproot is THE PINBALL COMPANY

#9516 3 years ago

I wonder if we’ll see the Pixar level animations in this reveal.

#9517 3 years ago

So what's the status on Deeproot making the Zidware customers whole again? I was chatting with a woman on Facebook that they are backing out of it. Is this true? (Not going through 190 pages to search for it.)

#9518 3 years ago

Status a month or so ago, when they promised them the game for September: No.

#9519 3 years ago

What was the stipulation on the contract DR did with JPop buyers on the machines owed? That machines would be provided before a certain date? Or just go into production before a certain date? I presume the due date is end of Sept.

#9520 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well we finally have an actual date for something at least.

Unfortunately my expectation is so low that I assume 9.21.20 will be the date they will start teasing the next set of teasers leading towards the date of the teasers after that, followed by an unfortunate email stating that they are reorganizing to change their structure for the teasers that will follow that right around the corner.

#9521 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Unfortunately my expectation is so low that I assume 9.21.20 will be the date they will start teasing the next set of teasers leading towards the date of the teasers after that, followed by an unfortunate email stating that they are reorganizing to change their structure for the teasers that will follow that right around the corner.

This post needs to be moderated because of spoilers.

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

#9523 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That might be a bit early.
It'll be different. Some may like that, some don't but I'm excited that we'll get something else then the "same old, same old".
(Not saying "same old" is bad. Raza will never shoot as cool as AVIQ; but you know a Stern when you see a Stern. Looking forward to a bit of fresh air.)

I don't see it this way. I love Jpops games, and the proto looked good to me. TOTAN's modes are kinda lame, but the playfield design makes up for it tenfold. This game will have great design, great art, quality and some new innovation. I also see the software being way better than jpops 90s games. I'd rather be in on this than another stupid Avengers game. I love Keith's design's, but I'm looking for something new. The game will be better than the proto. Levi will still find something to bitch about, but he'd bitch about anything they put out at this point.

I do have an issue to share though. I tried to email them using the distro email to inquire about purchase, and this is what bounced back:

deeprootemail (resized).jpgdeeprootemail (resized).jpg

Not so encouraging.

#9524 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't see it this way. I love Jpops games, and the proto looked good to me. TOTAN's modes are kinda lame, but the playfield design makes up for it tenfold. This game will have great design, great art, quality and some new innovation. I also see the software being way better than jpops 90s games. I'd rather be in on this than another stupid Avengers game. I love Keith's design's, but I'm looking for something new. The game will be better than the proto. Levi will still find something to bitch about, but he'd bitch about anything they put out at this point.
I do have an issue to share though. I tried to email them using the distro email to inquire about purchase, and this is what bounced back:
[quoted image]
Not so encouraging.

Just wait till it‘s „there“. ;D

But yeah, that the mail adress isn‘t working doesn‘t leave a good impression. Was the same problem with the „hammer tested“ mails... :-/

#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Just wait till it‘s „there“. ;D
But yeah, that the mail adress isn‘t working doesn‘t leave a good impression. Was the same problem with the „hammer tested“ mails... :-/

Making email address work is hard

#9526 3 years ago

My only suspicion is why MG isn't being promoted? That game (minus software and maybe a few hardware tweaks) was ready to go.
Maybe the secret is the obvious. If DR releases RAZA and MG in their first "official" year what bragging rights right? Now imagine if AIW is actually ready as well. They could brag 3 machines in their first official year. Not to mention the hammer proof play field and any other undisclosed new industry standards?

I'm excited to see DR moving forward! This little light of mine ... I'm gonna let it shine!

#9527 3 years ago

Dear Kaneda.

That Patent has been posted multiple times and confirmed, by themselfes, that it was something they evaluated but is NOT going to be in the final product.

Of course I‘m happily proven wrong.

#9528 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

My only suspicion is why MG isn't being promoted? That game (minus software and maybe a few hardware tweaks) was ready to go.

Magic Girl was no where near ready to go as most of the mechs didn't work/weren't even in the game.

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Magic Girl was no where near ready to go as most of the mechs didn't work/weren't even in the game.

Correct. Robert said in the Kaneda podcast months ago, MG is a 2021 game at the earliest, along with AIW.

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

They could brag 3 machines in their first official year.

Wasn’t their first official year like two years ago though?

#9531 3 years ago

Looking back Jpop's Houdini was a pretty game as well.

#9532 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looking back Jpop's Houdini was a pretty game as well.

If you like that you should see his KISS!

Nobody makes blinking boxes of styrofoam, lights, and paper ramps quite like Jpop. DUde is a genius!

#9533 3 years ago
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#9534 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Side tangent. If they do want outside distro help, does that infer the number of RAZA stock will NOT be super duper limited, as in under 200 or sumthin'?
I hope it's a good bit over 500, so these things are super difficult to get down the road, or are sold out immediately or stupidly overpriced.
I'd be up for a 5K RAZA...maybe, but not a 7K and up one.

RAZA was getting made to get the Zidware people paid off I thought. Are you only interested in possible rarity? Thats when the real pins are supposed to be coming.

#9535 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you like that you should see his KISS!
Nobody makes blinking boxes of styrofoam, lights, and paper ramps quite like Jpop. DUde is a genius!

No but they do look Awesome though! Can’t wait to see the new finished products!

453F39E3-853D-4258-A7CD-49867482FD21 (resized).jpeg453F39E3-853D-4258-A7CD-49867482FD21 (resized).jpegB1B8A91E-E19C-4544-9E00-1227DCD487A1 (resized).jpegB1B8A91E-E19C-4544-9E00-1227DCD487A1 (resized).jpegDBAB6303-F11A-4E5C-B2B8-8C077EACD0E1 (resized).jpegDBAB6303-F11A-4E5C-B2B8-8C077EACD0E1 (resized).jpeg

#9536 3 years ago

Gauntlet thrown..!

Screenshot_20200912-163607_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200912-163607_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9537 3 years ago

I already love this company !!

It takes steel balls to talk this way... that means you can back it up hence, great things to come GO GO GO Deeproot!!!

#9538 3 years ago

AH - mystery solved. B. D. stands for "Before Deeproot".

#9539 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

AH - mystery solved. B. D. stands for "Before Deeproot".

I tossed that out there a few weeks ago. Many seem to agree. If that's actually what it is, Robert has hugeass balls. Great for him if he backs it up!!!

#9540 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

It takes steel balls to talk this way... that means you can back it up hence, great things to come GO GO GO Deeproot!!!

I’ve met a lot of people that were all talk, no action. Big balls, right up until they get hit. Talking a good game doesn’t mean they can back it up. Backing it up means you can back it up. Put up or shut up. Sure, go Deeproot, but darn it, get going and do something. Less talky, more walky.

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Gauntlet thrown..!
[quoted image]

BD should be changed to BS in my opinion.

Still no game. That was said 4 years ago. Since then Stern have released 10 titles or maybe even more. Killer games too I may add.

What has Deeproot released? I understand people are willing Deeproot on and I sincerely hope we see a game ship in 2020 and not more broken promises.

#9542 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Still no game. That was said 4 years ago. Since then Stern have released 10 titles or maybe even more. Killer games too I may add.
What has Deeproot released? I understand people are willing Deeproot on and I sincerely hope we see a game ship in 2020 and not more broken promises.

Really interesting marketing strategy, where they appear to only be marketing (in secret?!) to Pinside users. There is no other attempt to reach out beyond this small group, which representes only a fraction of pinball fans worldwide.

#9543 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure this is a RAZA release. No doubt.

#9544 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

that means you can back it

You must be new here.
RM has been spewing this type of garbage for YEARS and has produced nothing.

#9545 3 years ago

We've seen the game (Houston expo). It's just another pinball machine. I don't get the big talk.

#9546 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really interesting marketing strategy, where they appear to only be marketing (in secret?!) to Pinside users. There is no other attempt to reach out beyond this small group, which representes only a fraction of pinball fans worldwide.

The hype is on their FB page and also on their internet page. I think it is available to anyone not just pinheads. I am not sure how to post the links, maybe some of the other pinsiders can help with this?

I think because there are so many broken promises from Deeproot, loads of people have lost interest in a pinball machine except us pinheads.

#9547 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm pretty sure this is a RAZA release. No doubt.

For their sake I sincerely hope so. The game will have to be great and start shipping straight away I think.

#9548 3 years ago

For their sake I sincerely hope so. The game will have to be great and start shipping straight away I think.

I really want to see that too. Announcement and at least a soft launch. Get on with it..!

#9549 3 years ago

The Smacktalk killed Wrestling.

I don‘t intend to marry Mr. Müller, I‘m just interrested in the potential of their product line.

#9550 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The Smacktalk killed Wrestling.

??

The successful characters and stories was all that differentiates wwf from the traveling wrestling shows that play to school gyms

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/191 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.