View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 672.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's all the other drive by looky lou mfers that have zero clue and are hypocrites.

And who qualifies as this?

I didn't lose a dime to JPOP or SkitB. From Heighway I actually got a game. But I'd never buy a future game from JPOP, Kevin or Andrew. Or anyone who supported them.

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And who qualifies as this?
I didn't lose a dime to JPOP or SkitB. From Heighway I actually got a game. But I'd never buy a future game from JPOP, Kevin or Andrew. Or anyone who supported them.

They know who they are, not referring to you Astro but you came out of that era quite nicely if Alien holds up, congrats. I would most likely have eaten my $1500 and not paid the rest for that pin.

I don't recall the uproar when AP was finishing off John's MG pins with the $$$ that the rest of us contributed to and got nothing?

I was happy for those people that got something for all the grief.

I don't care who buys what or who supports who.

I, for the reasons stated before, hope that DR succeeds.

If other people want to throw grenades and pray for failure that's on them. That's different than just saying you won't support them by buying a game.

Lotta hate flowing and being ginned up by some.

I'm excited about what's coming for pinball, including DR

I GUARANTEE you that if they make great pinball games with Nordman and Barry, people will buy it. You know, just a bunch of "chumps".

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Supposed to see 5 different model games at Texas Pinball Festival 2019 and available for purchase with no wait time. That's my recollection and I would feel better if Robert or someone can confirm or correct me.

Quoted from Mr68:

But I tried to find some confirmation on my quote and I cannot. My memory tells me I heard that information on a podcast interview that Robert did, but the one I listened to (again) didn't have it. And I've wasted too much time on this already. Therefore, I retract my comment and this will hopefully teach me not to shoot from the hip again.

There were stand-up banners at the Texas Pinball Festival that said the 2019 TPF will be the fifth day of Deeproot. The last photo in this post shows one of them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-texas-pinball-festival/page/27#post-4283487

#854 5 years ago

Damn Ice, you sure have the right ingredients for a lawyer, an overabundance of hot air and totally pompous and arrogant, carry on!

#855 5 years ago

I have a feeling that these guys are going to surprise a lot of people.
I know Robert has upset a few people here with his hiring of JPOP and his ambitious claims etc. But there is real work going on behind the scenes here with a lot of people that actually know what they are doing and have done it before. The whole thing just feels different than the other recent start-ups. The fact that they are not on here soliciting for pre-order money is a great sign too! I think we've all seen enough of that.

I'm calling it now. Deeproot are going to deliver. (And if that also means that JPOP's former "customers" are looked after then that's awesome too.)

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

I have a feeling that these guys are going to surprise a lot of people.
I know Robert has upset a few people here with his hiring of JPOP and his ambitious claims etc. But there is real work going on behind the scenes here with a lot of people that actually know what they are doing and have done it before. The whole thing just feels different than the other recent start-ups. The fact that they are not on here soliciting for pre-order money is a great sign too! I think we've all seen enough of that.
I'm calling it now. Deeproot are going to deliver. (And if that also means that JPOP's former "customers" are looked after then that's awesome too.)

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

The whole thing just feels different than the other recent start-ups.

This time it’ll be differentThis time it’ll be different

#858 5 years ago

Well, we shall see in due time.

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Damn Ice, you sure have the right ingredients for a lawyer, an overabundance of hot air and totally pompous and arrogant, carry on!

Thanks, coming from a New Yorker I get it and appreciate the comments!

Anybody put any preorder $$ down? No? Didn't think so.

#860 5 years ago

"Principle", and not the type who runs a school!

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you support Nordman, Barry and the rest of the crew?

Sure.

When they choose to seek employment with more reputable employers? Or hell, put up another Kickstarter. I'll support that before I support anything I've seen out of Deeproot up until now, which is to say more hot air than Old Faithful. If nothing else, I hope for Barry's sake this garbage turns out legit. Not like...Heighway Legit, but Chicago Gaming / Spooky / American Pinball legit.

Quoted from iceman44:

Get your arse over to Robert's office if you care that much and/or it offends you that much and call him out face to face.

The only people man enough so far are the plaintiffs that actually flew to Chicago to stick it up John's ass. Where were the other burn em at the stake cheerleaders? Podcasting?

Eh? I posted on this thread or somewhere else that I'd see if I could make a trip down there on my vacation week this summer if they wanted to give me access to some kind of proof they're a legitimate company with real, provable licences and rights to do the things they're claiming, and not simply just pissing all over people. Got no response at all. I'm not wasting my vacation on these tw--s unless I have an official invite and explanation of whatever NDAs they want me to sign upfront though...lol. I don't even have anything to do with MG/Jpop. I just think they're full of it.

5 games at once..LOL...what a beautiful way to commit business suicide. There's no way they're going to produce 5 games at once in any kind of volume all at the same time. Even Stern isn't THAT stupid. Even if you CAN do it, you're just cannibalizing your own sales.

I guess I'm not as "Kool"(uris) as Kaneda?

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sure.
When they choose to seek employment with more reputable employers? Or hell, put up another Kickstarter. I'll support that before I support anything I've seen out of Deeproot up until now, which is to say more hot air than Old Faithful. If nothing else, I hope for Barry's sake this garbage turns out legit. Not like...Heighway Legit, but Chicago Gaming / Spooky / American Pinball legit.

Eh? I posted on this thread or somewhere else that I'd see if I could make a trip down there on my vacation week this summer if they wanted to give me access to some kind of proof they're a legitimate company with real, provable licences and rights to do the things they're claiming, and not simply just pissing all over people. Got no response at all. I'm not wasting my vacation on these tw--s unless I have an official invite and explanation of whatever NDAs they want me to sign upfront though...lol. I don't even have anything to do with MG/Jpop. I just think they're full of it.
5 games at once..LOL...what a beautiful way to commit business suicide. There's no way they're going to produce 5 games at once in any kind of volume all at the same time. Even Stern isn't THAT stupid. Even if you CAN do it, you're just cannibalizing your own sales.
I guess I'm not as "Kool"(uris) as Kaneda?

You should make a trip down Frax. I’ll go over there with you to meet those guys

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You should make a trip down Frax. I’ll go over there with you to meet those guys

Have....have we ever even met in person? LOL. I'm godawful terrible trying to remember who is who on here.

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Have....have we ever even met in person? LOL. I'm godawful terrible trying to remember who is who on here.

I don’t think so. Let me know if you make it down though.

Forewarning, I’m the arrogant A hole attorney

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m the arrogant A hole attorney

I'm pretty sure everyone has been aware of that for a long, long time.

#866 5 years ago

When I talked to a representative from Deeproot about my Zidware claim, he told me that they are going to make various models that cost from $3,500 to $50,000.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

When I talked to a representative from Deeproot about my Zidware claim, he told me that they are going to make various models that cost from $3,500 to $50,000.

I'll take 2 of the $50k models for my Zidware claim. Thank you very much.

3 weeks later
#868 5 years ago

What’s the current go with Deeproot, weren’t they set to unveil some new groundbreaking technology that is going to rewrite Pinball production as we know it? Any updates?

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What’s the current go with Deeproot, weren’t they set to unveil some new groundbreaking technology that is going to rewrite Pinball production as we know it? Any updates?

TPF 2019

#870 5 years ago

Was the reveal postponed?

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Was the reveal postponed?

That's the first and only date they've announced. So IDK what you are asking. They have outlined a 5 days of deeproot plan. The fifth, being where they unveil multiple games. Deeproot was a sponsor at TPF (Texas Pinball Festival) this year and had banners posted all over announcing that the 5th day of Deeproot is at TPF next year.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Deeproot was a sponsor at TPF (Texas Pinball Festival) this year and had banners posted all over announcing that the 5th day of Deeproot is at TPF next year.

You forgot the location; it’s all taking place in the basement of the Alamo.

2 weeks later
#873 5 years ago

A deeproot update article will be coming tomorrow on This Week in Pinball, along with a mini-interview. It will cover a new well-known hire that will be moving to San Antonio, the new deeproot facilities and studios, and something else that...well, my first question in the interview starts out "Why on earth would deeproot...?"

We're also hoping to get the new hire on the TWIP Podcast in the next few days to get his/her thoughts.

We've also got a few pics, including this one...

dT - candid.jpgdT - candid.jpg

#874 5 years ago

If Deeproot wants to succeed, the first step is to take ANY foamcore playfield on the wall that resembles GB and toss it in the closest available dumpster fire.

DRGB (resized).jpgDRGB (resized).jpg

#875 5 years ago

oh man what the heck now?!

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

oh man what the heck now?!

Heck's Bible Stories pin ?

LTG : )

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

If Deeproot wants to succeed, the first step is to take ANY foamcore playfield on the wall that resembles GB and toss it in the closest available dumpster fire.

At first glance I thought it looked like the leaked Deadpool layout, but you're right, it does look a lot like GB.

#878 5 years ago

I found this interesting. Method of cycling Qual Basis 3.vs. Accelerator?

DeeprootFoamcoresmaller (resized).pngDeeprootFoamcoresmaller (resized).png

Bottom left (of original, large image) says "lunar X"?

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Good catch! So when we started, I got 4 games for the guys to show them what not to do in pinball. One of them was GB. Back early 2017, we used this foamcore mock-up of GB as a control to test component reaction on our boards with the actual game. It was actually a very important developmental step. We thought we'd have a little fun with it by hanging it up. It might be silly or stupid to y'all, but it is an important piece of our history.

--Robert dT

#880 5 years ago

9 months till TPF. Tick,Tock.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

9 months till TPF. Tick,Tock.

Tis true... At what point should we start panicking?

-- Robert dT

#882 5 years ago

would that be called a whiteboardwood?

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

-- Robert dT

When you look at your employee list and see JPOOP on there....

#884 5 years ago

If you only knew how little any of the designers have a role in the process, I think it would be much ado about nothing. Maybe <5%. Wasn't much different at WB either from what I hear.

Doesn't mean they aren't important. Also doesn't mean they don't work very hard. Just a fact of the beast.

-- Robert dT

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I got 4 games for the guys to show them what not to do in pinball. One of them was GB.

A game that sold more than Stern figured and slowed down future games coming out after it.

Can't wait to see what you guys build that is going to be so amazing that GB is not what to do.

LTG : )

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

If you only knew how little any of the designers have a role in the process

Depends on how you define "the process".

If you take the manhours of the whole manufacturing afterwards (of all the games made) into account it's propably 0,00X%.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Depends on how you define "the process".
If you take the manhours of the whole manufacturing afterwards (of all the games made) into account it's propably 0,00X%.

quad assembly bro

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

-- Robert dT

Truth- If its Jan 1st and nothing is flipping yet, then panic.

#889 5 years ago

her? hmm first name Jeri? AR and pinball, right?

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

well, my first question in the interview starts out "Why on earth would deeproot...?"

"..... first approve and then retain their logo?"

#891 5 years ago

Some zingers lately. Thanks guys!!

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

If you only knew how little any of the designers have a role in the process, I think it would be much ado about nothing. Maybe &lt;5%. Wasn't much different at WB either from what I hear.
Doesn't mean they aren't important. Also doesn't mean they don't work very hard. Just a fact of the beast.
-- Robert dT

So he's not important at all but he's important. Got it.

You still hired Jpop so your company is dead to me. Good day.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

If you only knew how little any of the designers have a role in the process

says the guy that was duped by a designer to use a stylized buttplug up the bum as your company logo

made me laugh

#895 5 years ago

Games should be 200k by next Christmas!

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

... I got 4 games for the guys to show them what not to do in pinball. One of them was GB. ...

You mean "not" hire a designer who the pinball community thinks is a pariah and would not care if they went to prison? Fail

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot Pinball Summer 2018 Update

Good read. Only time will tell, once the 5 days of deeproot starts.

#898 5 years ago

Bowden is certainly an interesting hire and I wish him the absolute best there.

I still have a huge problem with them hiring JPop, but for the sake of people like Steve I'm not going to wish failure on the company.

#899 5 years ago

The more talented and experienced people they hire the more I keep thinking there must really be something to this guy's "vision" for pinball. JPOP doesn't count because his situation was such that any offer he'd almost HAVE to accept, but all these other guys were not in the same situation, though I guess you could say Nordman fell for Heighways' BS. Time will tell.

#900 5 years ago

VERY interesting read! So, Pinball Scummers would not even give up Alien if Deeproot would make them. Sheesh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/18?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.