Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 672.
#9351 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Flordia does not have long country roads like that, they dead end into swamps. It reminded me of my trip to Wisconsin.

They do up here in NW Florida. Miles and miles of long country dirt roads with cotton fields on either side.

#9352 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, yeah Neil i swear that is the last thing i'll go to my grave worried about it how many dimples my PF's have!
I only wish i could live long enough in a HUO environment to actually wear out one of my PF's by playing it so much.

Most people that complain about dimples do not buy new games..! Same as most people that buy games care very much about licence and themes. Hopefully Deeproot do not hammer themselves into the ground!

#9353 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Every pinball machine or physical item in the universe is limited. Everything is very special limited run. Act now!

Yeah, what with films, games, cars, etc. everything is a collectible, but also shit that'll exist after you're dead. So the collectible angle needs ditching.

This is what I TRY to tell myself daily, anyway.

#9354 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Most people that complain about dimples do not buy new games..! Same as most people that buy games care very much about licence and themes. Hopefully Deeproot do not hammer themselves into the ground!

Interesting that you speak for most people. I buy new games and stopped buying Sterns because of quality. I care deeply about licenses and themes. I'm excited for the hammer test, the logo and jpop. I'm their target audience and I have cash to burn.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting that you speak for most people. I buy new games and stopped buying Sterns because of quality. I care deeply about licenses and themes. I'm excited for the hammer test, the logo and jpop. I'm their target audience and I have cash to burn.

I'd be excited if it weren't for that piece of dung Jpoop.

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd be excited if it weren't for that piece of dung Jpoop.

Be excited for there is more than just JPOP working there. Dennis had 2 themes in the works before leaving and sounds like Barry has 5 themes in the works.

#9357 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If your wanting a maintenance free hobby pinball is likely Not going to be for you. Based on your listed collection your doing great.

A playfield with texture, poor graphic print, or paint chipping off isn't maintenance.

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

They do up here in NW Florida. Miles and miles of long country dirt roads with cotton fields on either side.

Not really florida , youre at the top step of the country's basement. Lol

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Be excited for there is more than just JPOP working there. Dennis had 2 themes in the works before leaving and sounds like Barry has 5 themes in the work.

And Dennis left Heighway before they crashed and burned. Its a sign.

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's not a sign of anything other than Dennis is a talented designer and hired gun. Dennis also left Stern, JJP, Multimorphic and a few other companies that don't immediately come to mind.

#9361 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9362 3 years ago

Cool - Deeproot is also releasing a tmnt game? Sweet

Haha

#9363 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Cool - Deeproot is also releasing a tmnt game? Sweet
Haha

Or maybe a Hulk Edition Avengers?

#9364 3 years ago

B.d. means “Before deeproot”?

It’s going to be one of those days people will always remember where they were when first heard. Toss out those old calendars boys, deeproot is re-inventing the Gregorian calendar.

#9365 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Not really florida , youre at the top step of the country's basement. Lol

Ill take living up here over south Florida any day of the week, thanks. You do know 99 percent of those “Florida Man” stories originate down there.

#9366 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why are they celebrating the 48th Birth Day ( anniversary ) of my business ?
Really nice of them to do this on 9/20.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I still hope their fans get games to see, play, and buy, and those owed games get them too.

2 years till Big Day Party. They better have this Covid crap out of the way for my trip to SS Billiards Mecca.

#9367 3 years ago

Ill take living up here over south Florida any day of the week, thanks. You do know 99 percent of those “Florida Man” stories originate down there.

yea... that is what i am saying....

#9368 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And he did Lexi Lightspeed for P3. How many games did he do for Stern? Neither one of those companies crashed and burned. You cannot compare Heighway to any other company except for Those Boys in Grandma's Basement who did manage to do a few Predator prototypes.

Dennis also left JJP before WOZ was finished. JJP is still around as well.

#9369 3 years ago

B.d. = Birth day

#9371 3 years ago

Before Deeproot

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I sincerely wish you well. Deeproot have shown me broken promises and arrogance. Now Deeproot have decided to have a go at Mirco, CPR, JJP, CGC and Stern. They have not even produced a game. If we ever see games from them in arcades and peoples homes, I am happy to sit and wait a year or two to see how these playfields hold up. Maybe a reflection of what they have shown so far? Sour grapes do not make nice tasting wine.

If I had money to burn, I would be all over new Sterns and JJPs. What are some dimples and a few chips?

#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Before Deeproot

What seem logical with deeproot, isn't always.

#9374 3 years ago

9x 120$ Bids

#9375 3 years ago

91 / 1200 Blds.

#9376 3 years ago

Big Disappointment

#9377 3 years ago

Kanedas said RAZA will cost more than 9.5k and with enough value for that in it...

#9378 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Kanedas said RAZA will cost more than 9.5k and with enough value for that in it...

If that’s the price it’s over before it starts for them.

#9379 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

"Kaneda said"

(here comes the part that you left out)
"... that in his opinion it would be the best approach to price it high and make it limited so it's something special. So if he was right ..."

"RAZA will cost more than 9.5k and with enough value for that in it..."

#9380 3 years ago

He said he payed 9.5k for his upgraded RM and that RAZA will be more than that. There you have it.

#9381 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

As I recall, the original “Zombie Apocalypse” pin was going to be 10k on the button back in 2012. So I wouldn’t be stunned to see that price still hold. Though it was a crazy world for pinball back then.

#9382 3 years ago

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If your wanting a maintenance free hobby pinball is likely Not going to be for you. Based on your listed collection your doing great.

Not looking for a maintenance free hobby. For some great build quality/materials is important. Especially because we had better in the early 90’s. There is a big difference between needing to fix your pin due to normal wear and tear and having it constantly breaking down due to poor build quality/materials. You know that you just don’t want to think about it and harsh your pin buzz. I get it. I don’t have the ability to ignore obvious issues. Wish I could.

#9384 3 years ago

Interested to see if deeproot release something following this tease before JJP release something following their tease months ago!

#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Interested to see if deeproot release something following this tease before JJP release something following their tease months ago!

It's the Year's Greatest Tease Off..!

#9386 3 years ago

If Deeproot’s latest teaser trailer is any indication...this game is gonna be huge

#9387 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

If Deeproot’s latest teaser trailer is any indication...this game is gonna be huge

Looking forward to The Little Green Sprout wizard mode

#9388 3 years ago

That "B.d." can't really be "before deeproot" can it? I mean, really?

There's the general "ugh, really?" factor - but then the B is a capital and the d is lower case. Would they really lower-case their own name?

#9389 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's the general "ugh, really?" factor - but then the B is a capital and the d is lower case. Would they really lower-case their own name?

The « 20 » doesn’t make sense either. Is it 2020? Why in the middle ... and then 9 is September ....

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looking forward to The Little Green Sprout wizard mode

Multiball looks awesome.

F00FBCF5-BAF7-4C84-8815-8C4FC5264DED (resized).jpegF00FBCF5-BAF7-4C84-8815-8C4FC5264DED (resized).jpeg
#9391 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Check out their logo and then look at all the ways deeproot is stated on their webpages. It’s always lowercase.

#9392 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hubris + religion + yes their name isn't capitalized = entirely possible.

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

The « 20 » doesn’t make sense either. Is it 2020? Why in the middle ... and then 9 is September ....

It must be the 9th of september ... obviously the 9 is in the "day" position! Lol

#9394 3 years ago

This is great. Deeproot is so cool and obtuse.

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It must be the 9th of september ... obviously the 9 is in the "day" position! Lol

Yeai yeai. So we are almost there then. Unless a new COVID mutation postpone this to next year.

#9396 3 years ago

Stay cool deeproot. While stern buries you.

#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

They want to be cool like you Dan! When are you starting your pinball company again? Lol

#9398 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As I recall, the original “Zombie Apocalypse” pin was going to be 10k on the button back in 2012. So I wouldn’t be stunned to see that price still hold. Though it was a crazy world for pinball back then.

$9500. Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland.
And Deeproot (Robert) has offered 2 of their titles for that price.
Yeah, I can still wait.

#9399 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Wow!

#9400 3 years ago

If they artificially inflate the prize of RAZA / AIW then they can claim to be delivering a lot more value to the folks who settled for new games, even if it's not what they might otherwise charge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/188?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.