• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 669.
#9301 3 years ago

I'm pretty stoked about the news. I had every intention of asking DR to send a pf to Kruzman but now I won't need too.
I don't remember, but did DR ever discuss different models?

#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

DR ever discuss different models

RM declared only 1 RAZA model. Only on RAZA he declared that, But with different color/art package options.

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I would post the "hammer Tested" logo but it is TM.[quoted image]

the pinball community's patience.... HAMMER TESTED by non-stop conjecture, boastful statements and broken promises

#9304 3 years ago

disregard, don't want to give away my secret source of dimple quotes

#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Just posted on Facebook
Is the QUALITY of your Pinball WOOD Playfield important to you?
We at deeproot Pinball take wood playfield quality so seriously we are going to back it up with a hammer test and a warranty: if it leaves a mark, it doesn’t ship. As such, all of our playfields will proudly bear the Hammer Tested (TM) trademark. In honor (and anticipation) of the first public mark-free hammer test on wood, we want your help featuring some crazy quotes about how dimples and marks are normal in our public launch!
We will send a free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt (featuring this logo) to the first 50 deeproot fans who qualify by emailing ([email protected]) a PUBLICLY AVAILABLE quote, statement, or policy of a company, personality, or forum moniker, where they state or imply that pits, dimples, cracks, pools, ghosting, etc. is normal, expected, or inevitable with a wood playfield.
To qualify: The quote must be unique (first received), accurate, publicly verifiable, not confidential, in quotes as a direct quote, and should be limited to no more than 2-3 sentences. Your email must also contain source material type (i.e. printed material, website forum, or hosted video) and cite the company, personality, or forum moniker. We'll be in touch with all qualified participants and plan to ship the T-Shirts in early October! qualify. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
PLEASE DO NOT post any quote here as a comment as it will not
Hammer Tested (TM) quality coming soon from deeproot Pinball!

Sent my submissions.

There are a few quotes from Pat Lawlor I sent up on durable playfields being bad and JJP himself saying not to look under posts on his pins for pooling. Love JJP but not a good look.

Edit: And just for the record I think Lawlor is the best designer ever!

#9307 3 years ago

Anyone used this one already?Just send it in.

Shirt contest (resized).jpgShirt contest (resized).jpg
#9308 3 years ago

I would be curious as to how many Deeproot bashers have sent in submissions for a free shirt.

No dimpling,pooling,inkjet just issues, no shipping a defective playfield... and guarantees?

Looks like the are trying to handle QC issues when and before they ship.

Looks like an interesting Pinball Consumer ride for the latter part of 2020

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I don't remember, but did DR ever discuss different models?

Well, yeah. I posted about it.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Robert talked about some Deeproot titles only having one version and other an LE and lower model(s).

#9310 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Interesting bc of the TAIQ release deeproot stepped up their game. This is directly realted to STERN and their playfield issues. Smart move.

Thunderbirds had a good quality wood playfield too. Look how that worked out. The game can have the best quality build on the planet but if the game is s shit it will not sell.

#9311 3 years ago

I think the hint is
That its rock sollid or concrete,
9 is german for No, then its probably 220v (its 230 but they say 220 most times) and d is for dc
So its gonna be the first solarpanel powered pinball!

#9312 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Interesting bc of the TAIQ release deeproot stepped up their game. This is directly realted to STERN and their playfield issues. Smart move.

What game did they have to “step up”??

#9313 3 years ago

Ballsy claims yet again. Hope they are true!

#9314 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don’t let that guy from the tesla cyber truck demo test it.

#9315 3 years ago

I thought the playfield was going to be something other than wood? If it is wood, it will dimple from air balls unless it has a lexan cover of some sort.

#9316 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Yeah, it‘s a nice reminder for those all in on Avengers.

#9317 3 years ago

And $500 worth of t-shirts buys Derproot several more months of stalling time.

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

What game did they have to “step up”??

The marketing game. They showed innovation with their new playfield now to refuel excitement after the AIQ release. I’m sure without AIQ release they would have waited til RAZA.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

nice reminder for those all in on Avengers.

Got 1 from Stefan?

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

but not with everyday travel. Only tournaments are accessable via everyday travel thats what you wrote I did read exactly. It´s ok your premium is operated next door where after work you can hop over and throw a few coins in allright you dont need to buy any premium enjoy.

Clearly someone oblivious to what Australia is like for so many of us. "Travel" IS everyday! Lol . There is Nothing next door. There is no "public transport". The next town has a just a Supermarket and servo. Drive 50km to work anyway, where the "city" has pinballs. So after work throw in some coins before travelling home at 110kmh, and on some dirt roads. Lol

The local pizza shop has Deadpool LE onsite.

Here is my weekday morning work commute ...
20200904_062952.jpg20200904_062952.jpg

Give things you know nothing about a rest, stick to something you might know, hey.

Plenty of messy stern threads over there. .... this is the Deeproot thread, try talking that.

#9320 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

And $500 worth of t-shirts buys Derproot several more months of stalling time.

T-shirts? What t-shirts? I want a "Derproot" t-shirt!

#9321 3 years ago
clarkgableshirleytempledimples (resized).jpgclarkgableshirleytempledimples (resized).jpg
#9322 3 years ago

deeproot finally bringing down the 'hammer'.

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Clearly someone oblivious to what Australia is like for so many of us. "Travel" IS everyday! Lol . There is Nothing next door. There is no "public transport". The next town has a just a Supermarket and servo. Drive 50km to work anyway, where the "city" has pinballs. So after work throw in some coins before travelling home at 110kmh, and on some dirt roads. Lol
The local pizza shop has Deadpool LE onsite.
Here is my weekday morning work commute ...
[quoted image]
Give things you know nothing about a rest, stick to something you might know, hey.
Plenty of messy stern threads over there. .... this is the Deeproot thread, try talking that.

Looks like a country road, we have those here too.

#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

This brought me back out of hibernation. If one company makes a better playfield it will put pressure on all companies to make better playfields. A good thing if true.

203D59DB-ED61-4CEE-A83E-6335582DF887 (resized).jpeg203D59DB-ED61-4CEE-A83E-6335582DF887 (resized).jpeg
#9325 3 years ago

RM analysed sharply where the weak points of Stern are to beat them on that field. He found playfield quality and seeks to inflict maximum damage there with the hammer test. Nice would be to hammer on a Stern pf for comparison.

Others like Spooky saw customer service as a weak point and went for it. Spooky sends a playfield to Kruzman. Stern declines such service for „nitpicks hobbiests“ though their playfields more than anyone’s else need a Kruzman treatment.

Another weak point of Stern RM saw went hard for the kill is value for price. We saw it yesterday with the 1.000,00 $ Elvira topper out of a McD happy meal. We saw it not only yesterday but all the last years esp on many premiums and LEs. RM said he will offer a Ferrari for Kia price whereas Stern offers a Kia for a Ferrari price. JJP also went that way though they are offering a Ferrari for a Ferrari price.

RM made 1 mistake though. He declared he’ll best Stern on most titles per year. The mistake was titles per year is not a weak point of Stern it’s one of their strongest advantages over the market. Gary Stern a few years ago saw that point as a weak one of the competition and went hard for the kill he did all he can do to release max titles per year to increase titles per year regardless he ruined TMNT with the early AIQ release the main goal of that is not to make money but to crush the competition if the main goal on titles per year was to make money Stern would release less titles per year. So titles per year was too big for RM to tackle with the result of very bad marketing with lots of broken promises and timelines deeproot looked very bad there.

#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I would post the "hammer Tested" logo but it is TM.[quoted image]

I want to send Mr Franchi's excellent quote in!

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 07.59.53 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-09-05 at 07.59.53 (resized).png

at least if the game is shit you and your buddies can play shmash-the-playfield

Shipping now!

#9327 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love the logic: mine has no issues, so all machines have no issues, and the owners know nothing about pinball repair.

All my stern games are issue free also. Had some adjustments to make on IMDN and on NST but they the other than that my games have been rock solid.

If DP really raise the bar on playfield quality that's good news but until they prove themselves they can actually produce a game and produce it in volume I could go get a bit of wood from the hardware store and pummel the fuck out of it and get the same outcome!

Frankly the play field could be made out of freaking cheese, if the ball and flippers part of the gameplay is epic I'll buy it and learn how to repair cheese. deeproot loose if they think the fight is about playfield quality rather than gameplay.

#9328 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Got 1 from Stefan?

Sadly I don't like superheroes, dinosaurs or zombies (what is Eddy?).

#9329 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]
Shipping now!

Millions in art hires and they let John design their hammer logo? He probably spent five hours and three coffee breaks telling the team about Diamond Plate first.

#9330 3 years ago

Guess Deeproot didn’t see this hammer coming

5C2552F0-BDE7-4CB3-A6AB-014E76E87867 (resized).jpeg5C2552F0-BDE7-4CB3-A6AB-014E76E87867 (resized).jpeg
#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

I can understand that, but the image was for benefit of Makakka in a more densely populated Europe, to maybe help with perspective and context .... and stuff and things.

The idea was the sunrise rather than the road anyway Lol ... was 10 mins early for best effect.

#9332 3 years ago
#9333 3 years ago

Looks like Hulk hands to me.

#9334 3 years ago

Or a pissed off Shrek

#9335 3 years ago

I thought this was a joke....

B.d. = Before Deeproot...?

#9336 3 years ago
C96D5886-C174-4A38-AA18-70EBF8919896 (resized).jpegC96D5886-C174-4A38-AA18-70EBF8919896 (resized).jpeg
#9337 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]
Shipping now!

Lol, yeah Neil i swear that is the last thing i'll go to my grave worried about it how many dimples my PF's have!

I only wish i could live long enough in a HUO environment to actually wear out one of my PF's by playing it so much.

#9338 3 years ago

The only games I want to play is RAZA... Come on DR reveal them.

#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

The country roads in Florida remind me of some of the driveways in North Dakota... I can only imagine that some of the country roads in North Dakota would remind razorsedge of some of the driveways in Australia.

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

052CF7CD-9F94-4248-8BD3-5E5FBB046105 (resized).png

Why are they celebrating the 48th Birth Day ( anniversary ) of my business ?

Really nice of them to do this on 9/20.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I still hope their fans get games to see, play, and buy, and those owed games get them too.

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

The country roads in Florida remind me of some of the driveways in North Dakota... I can only imagine that some of the country roads in North Dakota would remind razorsedge of some of the driveways in Australia.

Flordia does not have long country roads like that, they dead end into swamps. It reminded me of my trip to Wisconsin.

#9343 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All my stern games are issue free also. Had some adjustments to make on IMDN and on NST but they the other than that my games have been rock solid.
If DP really raise the bar on playfield quality that's good news but until they prove themselves they can actually produce a game and produce it in volume I could go get a bit of wood from the hardware store and pummel the fuck out of it and get the same outcome!
Frankly the play field could be made out of freaking cheese, if the ball and flippers part of the gameplay is epic I'll buy it and learn how to repair cheese. deeproot loose if they think the fight is about playfield quality rather than gameplay.

First off there is really no fixing a bad quality playfield. High quality PF should be at the top of the list for every pin company. A lot of people now don’t want to own a Stern because of quality issues. Major quality issues. If you don’t think that is a big deal you are dead wrong. IMO a great pin to own needs to have a high quality PF. It is the foundation of every pin. Stern and others should not have got away with their poor quality but fanboys with no backbone said the quality was fine when it was crap. With less people going to arcades now and probably in the future pin quality could become even more important as pinball play and ownership could move to more home use. I will play someone else’s Stern but I wouldn’t own one with such poor quality. I want fun. Not a total headache.

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

First off there is really no fixing a bad quality playfield. High quality PF should be at the top of the list for every pin company. A lot of people now don’t want to own a Stern because of quality issues. Major quality issues. If you don’t think that is a big deal you are dead wrong. IMO a great pin to own needs to have a high quality PF. It is the foundation of every pin. Stern and others should not have got away with their poor quality but fanboys with no backbone said the quality was fine when it was crap. With less people going to arcades now and probably in the future pin quality could become even more important as pinball play and ownership could move to more home use. I will play someone else’s Stern but I wouldn’t own one with such poor quality. I want fun. Not a total headache.

If your wanting a maintenance free hobby pinball is likely Not going to be for you. Based on your listed collection your doing great.

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ballsy claims yet again.

Are they ballsy? Were the hammer specifications given? Maybe it’s some weird foam rubber hammer.
https://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costume-Inflatable-Hammer-Accessory/dp/B01E1FY938

#9346 3 years ago

I agree it being Ned.

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Deeproot didn’t see this hammer coming

Brilliant but...Kaneda said today that the actual construction sheets of RAZA say the game will be 1-2 levels up the prototype. If that is the case I will get one without flipping newly bought AIQLE. To then pay 3 pins end of year (RM, AIQ, RAZA) will attack my crypto savings but cant help it bc RAZA will be limited RM said yesterday. Limited...

#9348 3 years ago

Deeproot has pivoted to a t-shirt company?!

"Armani quality t-shirts at Hanes pricing!"

#9349 3 years ago

Is that a picture of the avengers game busting through deeproot's bottom line?

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Brilliant but...Kaneda said today that the actual construction sheets of RAZA say the game will be 1-2 levels up the prototype. If that is the case I will get one without flipping newly bought AIQLE. To then pay 3 pins end of year (RM, AIQ, RAZA) will attack my crypto savings but cant help it bc RAZA will be limited RM said yesterday. Limited...

Every pinball machine or physical item in the universe is limited. Everything is very special limited run. Act now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.