• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 669.
#9251 3 years ago

Hmmm... somehow that Avengers Tower ‚shoot vertically up in the air’ shot reminds me of the „Ring the Bell“ shot in Raza... just that Elwin made it even cooler with the magnet. XD

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hmmm... somehow that Avengers Tower ‚shoot vertically up in the air’ shot reminds me of the „Ring the Bell“ shot in Raza... just that Elwin made it even cooler with the magnet. XD

LOL yes I'm sure they were studying grainy RAZA cell phone video over at Stern for tips!

#9253 3 years ago

I’m guessing JPop is still pitching this to Robert, unless it’s one of the many future releases from Deeproot like AIW.

0DD2ED8C-AECE-4ABE-BAA3-87BFC70316D8 (resized).jpeg0DD2ED8C-AECE-4ABE-BAA3-87BFC70316D8 (resized).jpeg
#9254 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I’m guessing JPop is still pitching this to Robert, unless it’s one of the many future releases from Deeproot like AIW.
[quoted image]

Since you can write I suppose you can read.
So read what‘s written on the pic.

#9255 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JP and Elvira are two of the best games ever released. STH is great too.
I'd say Stern is crushing it. Avengers looks like another Elwin home run.
IF DR can even come close to what Stern is putting out then they will have success.
Competition is a good thing.
To deny what Stern is accomplishing right now just means you aren't paying any attention!!

If they would get the QA under control, they would really be killing it.

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They already are killing it Roost

Great games. Avengers is next and blowing it out

JJP quality? How is DR gonna compete on quality with their Jake leg assembly team?

Reality is hard

#9257 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well they Are killing something, Value, and Quality! ... they've pretty much become a running joke to many us around here nowdays. Lol

Many won't sign up for DLC pinball, either. That is just rubbish.

They could absolutely do soooooo much better if not for, you know .....

#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Well they Are killing something, Value, and Quality!

I've got two Stern pros. One I paid $5200 NIB and the other was HUO with a bunch of cool mods for $5000. I've had little to no issues with either other than minor tweaks. Please point me in the direction of a better "value" than these. I've got money for a third ready to go. I'm not brand loyal, I'll give my money to anyone (including Deeproot when they reveal a game), but until I see something that better fits what I want out of a pinball machine Stern is always gonna get a look from me.

#9259 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I've got two Stern pros. One I paid $5200 NIB and the other was HUO with a bunch of cool mods for $5000. I've had little to no issues with either other than minor tweaks. Please point me in the direction of a better "value" than these. I've got money for a third ready to go. I'm not brand loyal, I'll give my money to anyone (including Deeproot when they reveal a game), but until I see something that better fits what I want out of a pinball machine Stern is always gonna get a look from me.

Stern games are exceptionally adequate and functional games.

They are the definition of a $7.99 pizza from a big box national chain. I don't get excited at all about their product and subsequent timely releases, but man are they dependable!

Case in point. I'd jump on an Avengers Pro for $4500, but wouldn't all the same be super excited to spend that. I also feel the "extras" they have for this game should without a doubt be included on the LE, and should be priced at 6/7K, for me anyway.

#9260 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Stern games are exceptionally adequate and functional games.
They are the definition of a $7.99 pizza from a big box national chain. I don't get excited at all about their product and subsequent timely releases, but man are they dependable!
Case in point. I'd jump on an Avengers Pro for $4500, but wouldn't all the same be super excited to spend that. I also feel the "extras" they have for this game should without a doubt be included on the LE, and should be priced at 6/7K, for me anyway.

That’s like saying I’d trade for Michael Jordan for a pizza and bag of chips

You won’t be jumping on anything pro related at that price until you are MUCH older Wes

Get into the real world of today

#9261 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s like saying I’d trade for Michael Jordan for a pizza and bag of chips
You won’t be jumping on anything pro related at that price until you are MUCH older Wes
Get into the real world of today

The real world of today is crazy awesome designs and bullshit quality from Stern. It's the sad truth. I would have been all over Kieth's newest LE and his last had my IMDNLE not been built like it was made in China. They may as well outsource. "Made in the USA" means nothing for Stern. Who knows, the Chinese might even do better....

#9262 3 years ago

I can’t understand people who shit on Stern’s build quality. My Iron Maiden has made me $18,000 dollars on location. It’s had over 20k plays. Have I replaced coil stops? Sure. Have I done much else besides cleaning it. Nope. Y’all are a bunch of babies too scared to pull the glass.

#9263 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Deepwho? Stern is back to eating everyone's lunch as usual. A lame teaser isn't going to cut it any more, guys.

I agree, Avengers is a home run. Going to be hard to complete with that.

#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Avengers is a home run

My finger is really itching getting TAIQ LE (from secondary market). If shots and code is good im done probably then I cant imagine RAZA can keept up with TAIQ so packed with great stuff and fantastic art.

#9265 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I can’t understand people who shit on Stern’s build quality. My Iron Maiden has made me $18,000 dollars on location. It’s had over 20k plays. Have I replaced coil stops? Sure. Have I done much else besides cleaning it. Nope. Y’all are a bunch of babies too scared to pull the glass.

Love the logic: mine has no issues, so all machines have no issues, and the owners know nothing about pinball repair.

#9266 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love the logic: mine has no issues, so all machines have no issues, and the owners know nothing about pinball repair.

I mean.... that was just one example I can say the same for several other modern Stern games.

#9267 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Most complaining I see is due to the cost cutting and price increase. Most of their games just look empty compared to the games we got 30 years ago. I have to admit however, the new avengers premium looks like people are getting what they have been asking for, with another price increase.

#9268 3 years ago

So the Deep Root thread is just another Stern thread now.

Stern IS pinball.

#9269 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wish it wasn't. I guess Deep Root could make it a Deep Root thread by releasing another magical digit on their countdown to the next countdown where they will reveal the next tease leading towards the.... oh F. Go Stern!

#9270 3 years ago

Over/under on RAZA price versus avengers premium?

#9271 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Over/Under on RAZA Reality vs Avengers Premium?

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Interesting to think about that... I think they will price aggressive. Under is my vote.

#9273 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting to think about that... I think they will price aggressive. Under is my vote.

Well, they promised to have "Kia pricing", so I am figuring about $18K. That's the price of a low-end Kia these days.

#9274 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern IS pinball.

Forgive me, I forgot you were the deeproot thread hall monitor. I will clear all future posts with you going forward.

#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Forgive me, I forgot you were the deeproot thread hall monitor. I will clear all future posts with you going forward.

It's not just this thread, it's like there is some quota allotment for the number of allowed posts on Pinside or something.

#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since you can write I suppose you can read.
So read what‘s written on the pic.

I was confused over your snarky response, so I reread my post and the promo flyer. Twice.

Still don't understand.

#9277 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern IS pinball.

Stern IS historically Second Rate and rip off other manufacturers designs. Always have been... Only time they weren't copying others was that period where there was nobody at all to copy from or compete with anymore. The early naughties certainly did see a few great titles from them, but that turned to unispired cutdowns by the end of the naughties. It's a pitty the reliability wasn't the best through history, because they seemed to consistently have the best themes, but somehow the crappiest games and poorer reliability. But also then nobody to compare with anymore in the naughties so standards started to collapse even more ....

Then JJP come out with full addressable RGB LED inserts ... so of course predictably Stern just went back to what they do best with competition, and went full steam copying that idea too. Lol

Nowdays you choose an LE and still don't recieve the full game, unless you pay More, again. Cheapskate corner cutters, and copycats.

The good games coming from Elwin almost make me want to... but I'd rather just play those titles onsite or somewhere rather than actually want to own any of them. *Had an ACDC Premium VE, got it NIB. Great game! ... pitty about the build quality.

I support that operator there instead, if I want to play any stern games. Stern can be onsite where it fits better, don't want any at home again thanks. Why? , waaaay too many Great non stern games out there (and coming out) that I'll never be able to play onsite which I'd MUCH rather fill the home space with!

If DR ever goes anywhere good, they might be at home.

#9278 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Nowdays you choose an LE and still don't recieve the full game, unless you pay More, again. Cheapskate corner cutters, and copycats.

The good games coming from Elwin almost make me want to... but I'd rather just play those titles onsite or somewhere rather than actually want to own any of them.

Ooooh, you mean those "accessories" that most likely cost up to $1,000 EXTRA that should be INCLUDED with the LE's?

I've no blooming idea how Stern produces barely any differences between LE and Premium models, yet that numbered plaque drives people batty!

I feel the same way. I really feel like Elwin mixes fun and challenging shots, and the code on his two existing games have been so much fun, but for me location play always feel the best choice.

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ooooh, you mean those "accessories" that most likely cost up to $1,000 EXTRA that should be INCLUDED with the LE's?
I've no blooming idea how Stern produces barely any differences between LE and Premium models, yet that numbered plaque drives people batty!
I feel the same way. I really feel like Elwin mixes fun and challenging shots, and the code on his two existing games have been so much fun, but for me location play always feel the best choice.

Agree. Sterns are better played on location. Value for dollar is in the Trainspotting toilet.

#9280 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I was confused over your snarky response, so I reread my post and the promo flyer. Twice.
Still don't understand.

I was referring to the "2014 Zidware" part.

So how is this a new pitch?

Or was it a joke I didn't get?

#9281 3 years ago

I can buy a Stern JP for $5500 shipped to my door, play the snot out of it for 3 months and sell it for $5200. There are not many hobbies you can get into where you only lose 4% of your all-in cost in the short term. The "value per dollar" argument is gibberish.

#9282 3 years ago

All nib pins lose money and of course it makes more sense to play on location than buy a bunch of expensive pins. True for all pins.

#9283 3 years ago

Wow! .... hey I wonder if Deeproot plans to sell s#itty toppers for $1k ? Lol

#9284 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Wow! .... hey I wonder if Deeproot plans to sell s#itty toppers for $1k ? Lol

proboably not.. seeing as theyre not selling anything to place the topper on to begin with.. ?

#9285 3 years ago

Pulled the trigger on TAIQ LE just nailed in the first k to my German distro Johann who got me 1 despite ordering yesterday evening when it was already almost everywhere sold out (a magician). Feels very good I must say. I was extremely anti-Stern before last good game from them imo was TWD even JP did not fully convince me bc of the boring dinosaur theme could not understand why any non-operator would buy a Stern.

Deeproot didnt deliver in time to pull me in and now with the TAIQW release almost any modern pin has lost in (perceived) value to with the release TAIQ. TAIQ hits is a new level (assuming code and shots are good). The theme is very similar to RAZA so it has the same max pull to me. TAIQ did massively hurt deeproot first (2nd AP).

BC TAIQLE will not be delivered before December bc of the TMMT backlog Ill may flip it NIB for a RAZA but ONLY if RAZA is two levels up the prototype.

Quoted from jawjaw:

it makes more sense to play on location

On TAIQ not. The premium difference is MASSIVE with extra ramp and underground.

#9286 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Pulled the trigger on TAIQ LE just nailed in the first k to my German distro Johann who got me 1 despite ordering yesterday evening when it was already almost everywhere sold out (a magician). Feels very good I must say. I was extremely anti-Stern before last good game from them imo was TWD even JP did not fully convince me bc of the boring dinosaur theme could not understand why any non-operator would buy a Stern.
Deeproot didnt deliver in time to pull me in and now with the TAIQW release almost any modern pin has lost in (perceived) value to with the release TAIQ. TAIQ hits is a new level (assuming code and shots are good). The theme is very similar to RAZA so it has the same max pull to me. TAIQ did massively hurt deeproot first (2nd AP).
BC TAIQLE will not be delivered before December bc of the TMMT backlog Ill may flip it NIB for a RAZA but ONLY if RAZA is two levels up the prototype.

On TAIQ not. The premium difference is MASSIVE with extra ramp and underground.

Here there are Premium and even LE to be found on location (especially with those that are significantly cut down as pros), so that's fine.

#9287 3 years ago

Whats that. Australia is very big so that here for me can be Moscow. You travel several hours to play a rare premium location pin and thats fine enjoy. Almost now operator has premiums running so thats very rare you try desperately to defend your point.

#9288 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Whats that. Australia is very big so that here for me can be Moscow. You travel several hours to play a rare premium location pin and thats fine enjoy. Almost now operator has premiums running so thats very rare you try desperately to defend your point.

Yeah, it's Australia, derr

Operators get premiums, and they can be played at tournaments and with everyday travel. I wouldn't expect you to comprehend. It's fine

#9289 3 years ago

I have in mind you step out of your truck in the outback. A vulture above you. You enter a cave. There are several premium pins running on a big battery. Just what I have in mind. Hail to down under.

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So, you seen the fantastic Elvira Topper then?

#9291 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I have in mind you step out of your truck in the outback. A vulture above you. You enter a cave. There are several premium pins running on a big battery. Just what I have in mind. Hail to down under.

Sounds typical for european imagination, good job!

Have to make sure to look out for Drop Bears though, and don't steal any of their Kangaroo feathers!

#9292 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

they can be played at tournaments

That´s not a pin operation you can play them for free/via entry fee. BTW you can play almost any pin non standart that way also where I live dont turn the tables man.

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

That´s not a pin operation you can play them for free/via entry fee. BTW you can play almost any pin non standart that way also where I live dont turn the tables man.

I said they are found onsite, learn to read better.

#9294 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I said they are found onsite

but not with everyday travel. Only tournaments are accessable via everyday travel thats what you wrote I did read exactly. It´s ok your premium is operated next door where after work you can hop over and throw a few coins in allright you dont need to buy any premium enjoy.

#9295 3 years ago

Just posted on Facebook

Is the QUALITY of your Pinball WOOD Playfield important to you?
We at deeproot Pinball take wood playfield quality so seriously we are going to back it up with a hammer test and a warranty: if it leaves a mark, it doesn’t ship. As such, all of our playfields will proudly bear the Hammer Tested (TM) trademark. In honor (and anticipation) of the first public mark-free hammer test on wood, we want your help featuring some crazy quotes about how dimples and marks are normal in our public launch!
We will send a free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt (featuring this logo) to the first 50 deeproot fans who qualify by emailing ([email protected]) a PUBLICLY AVAILABLE quote, statement, or policy of a company, personality, or forum moniker, where they state or imply that pits, dimples, cracks, pools, ghosting, etc. is normal, expected, or inevitable with a wood playfield.
To qualify: The quote must be unique (first received), accurate, publicly verifiable, not confidential, in quotes as a direct quote, and should be limited to no more than 2-3 sentences. Your email must also contain source material type (i.e. printed material, website forum, or hosted video) and cite the company, personality, or forum moniker. We'll be in touch with all qualified participants and plan to ship the T-Shirts in early October! qualify. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
PLEASE DO NOT post any quote here as a comment as it will not

Hammer Tested (TM) quality coming soon from deeproot Pinball!

#9296 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

you step out of your truck in the outback. A vulture above you. You enter a cave. There are several premium pins running on a big battery.

Did any of you guys ever read those “ Choose your own adventure” books as a kid?

#9297 3 years ago

I would post the "hammer Tested" logo but it is TM.

118599165_121888946297507_5016801848800616229_n (resized).png118599165_121888946297507_5016801848800616229_n (resized).png
#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So, you seen the fantastic Elvira Topper then?

LOL, you've been pumping DR for years. Get your $$ ready.

You haven't seen that "fantastic Elvira topper" either.

Whatever it does it will go on a FANTASTIC game.

#9299 3 years ago

If they can build a fun quality pinball with a PF that doesn't get destroyed, without poor engineering I don't have to re-engineer at home and mechs I don't have to fix and adjust out of the box - I will a buyer!

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

posted on Facebook

Interesting bc of the TAIQ release deeproot stepped up their game. This is directly realted to STERN and their playfield issues. Smart move.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/186 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.