• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 669.
#9101 3 years ago

9 Days is Labor day. So they will show us an empty parking lot. All our employees are off today so we can't launch.

#9102 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Robert is the guy outside the arena selling homemade shirts right now. He hasn't entered the main event yet.

You mean outside Saying he’s going to Make shirts lol.

#9103 3 years ago

Launching on a Sunday?

#9104 3 years ago

Hopefully they fixed that RAZA ramp. That was a dead giveaway Jpop is still in the driver's seat.

#9105 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hopefully they fixed that RAZA ramp. That was a dead giveaway Jpop is still in the driver's seat.

So you when you played it what did you not like about the ramp?

#9106 3 years ago

Seems it is just referring to the "9 days of deeproot" slogan?

#9107 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They “fixed” it in the software. Now you get points when the ball doesn’t make it up the ramp and falls off.

When you are doing software fixes for playfield design flaws, the battle is already lost.

#9108 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You mean outside Saying he’s going to Make shirts lol.

Haha. I'm giving him the benefit of all the money he has sunk into it. He has at least worked really hard, but as Clark Griswold's father in law says, "So do washing machines."

I honestly hope what they put out after RAZA is cool and successful. I'm super skeptical though for obvious reasons.

#9109 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So you when you played it what did you not like about the ramp?

Don't need to play it to know what happened.

"Nobody though the ramp in TOTAN would work but it did, which means any ramp I design from now on will work!"

Anyway. Here's hoping those who stayed on get something out of this.

#9110 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't need to play it to know what happened.
"Nobody though the ramp in TOTAN would work but it did, which means any ramp I design from now on will work!"
Anyway. Here's hoping those who stayed on get something out of this.

Oh thought you actually played the game and your opinion was based on something you actually viewed. I rather like the ramp in Totan so I will judge it on gameplay. If I bought all my games based on Others video reviews I wouldn't own any lol.

#9111 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks like 9 days to go until they turn on the spotlight.
[quoted image]

I hope it really is 9 days and not 9. (month) d. (day).

I guess we'll se tomorrow... if this is properly timed or someone does it by hand, since the whole thing is one single picture.

https://deeprootpinball.com/images/dprt1-launch-teaser.png

#9112 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Robert is the guy outside the arena selling homemade shirts right now. He hasn't entered the main event yet.

JPOP is selling counterfeit tickets to the match.

#9113 3 years ago

It did not switch. That unfortunately devaluates this „counter“ significantly bc (for now) there is a serious probability that „counter“ indicates and is worth nothing.

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

It did not switch. That unfortunately devaluates this „counter“ significantly bc (for now) there is a serious probability that „counter“ indicates and is worth nothing.

I just think it‘s 9.X.2020 and not a countdown.

But if it is you‘d write the year as well, wouldn‘t you?

How can one fluke this up?

#9115 3 years ago

How big dreams can make you their b**** I’m victim as well. It’s like someone who’s awaiting trial is reading signs on the wall.

The „d.“ then is what fooled the viewer. You associate „days“ with it ie 9 days. But it can also mean „deeproot“. What speaks against 9 days is the deadline would be on Sunday. and the counter did not move that indicates the 9 is fixed so it could be a partial reveal like you assume as there is room between 9. and d. so next reveal would be the month and the year they did not reveal bc it’s not 2020. what speaks for the 9 day assumption is the cracks on the wall the viewer assumes with that an immediate breakthrough.

I don’t think deeproot cant allow another hoax with that but maybe they can.

#9116 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

How big dreams can make you their b**** I’m victim as well. It’s like someone who’s awaiting trial is reading signs on the wall.
The „d.“ then is what fooled the viewer. You associate „days“ with it ie 9 days. But it can also mean „deeproot“. What speaks against 9 days is the deadline would be on Sunday. and the counter did not move that indicates the 9 is fixed so it could be a partial reveal like you assume as there is room between 9. and d. so next reveal would be the month and the year they did not reveal bc it’s not 2020. what speaks for the 9 day assumption is the cracks on the wall the viewer assumes with that an immediate breakthrough.
I don’t think deeproot cant allow another hoax with that but maybe they can.

No I assume the US date format, wich is month.day.year wich us europeans often stumble about.

(Europe it‘s day.month.year, asia is year.month.day)

But you‘re right about the gap looking strange. I assumed it was just badly put together.
Hopefully there is a reason.

#9117 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

The „d.“ then is what fooled the viewer.

...wonderlanD

#9118 3 years ago

OMG not only has he rented out his parking lot but the 5 days turned into 9? Outstanding!!

#9119 3 years ago

There was a huge announcement and countdown to the aborted March launch and now we're back to cryptic clues?

#9120 3 years ago

Gonna have an uphill battle to beat the stern pin coming out next week.

#9121 3 years ago

"More delays than any pinball manufacturer in history!"

#9122 3 years ago

Nobody in pinball is more innovative than DR when it comes to countdown clocks.

Countdown Clock game is on lock!

#9123 3 years ago

The ramp was a disaster based on what i witnessed. And the many people that played it gave the feedback to DR.

Originally, DR tried to say the ramp was "intentionally difficult". The reality is that it was terrible and DR had to make the adjustments.

Based on watching streams and the people that played it and their input. There you go.

#9124 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The ramp was a disaster

Let´s keep it reasonable. A desaster would be If it was undoable. It was doable + when you dont make it you drop down half-way.

I quote the guy from the Imoto-video: "On a new pin all I care about are the shots and the shots are great." In that video you see him making the ramp he is an advanced player.

Quoted from iceman44:

DR tried to say the ramp was "intentionally difficult".

The ramp was intentionally difficult thats why can drop down half way. I dont see them changing anything physical on that ramp and that is good.

#9125 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Let´s keep it reasonable. A desaster would be If it was undoable. It was doable + when you dont make it you drop down half-way.
I quote the guy from the Imoto-video: "On a new pin all I care about are the shots and the shots are great." In that video you see him making the ramp he is an advanced player.

The ramp was intentionally difficult thats why can drop down half way. I dont see them changing anything physical on that ramp and that is good.

It's only good if a majority of people agree, and agree that it's a fun enough game to put some money down. Time will tell

#9126 3 years ago

Although Robert was boorish about how DR was going to change pinball, DR still hasn't asked for upfront money for these non existent games. Some Zidware customers were refunded some funds, for others that are still waiting to be made good with future games, I'm hoping that DR comes out with some great games!
Best case scenario there will be another manufacturer producing games soon!
Best of luck to DR and those who were caught up in the Zidware fiasco ,hope it all works out

#9127 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The ramp was a disaster

Quoted from Makakka:

when you dont make it you drop down half-way.

if robert indeed said hes looking to make at most 500 razas, that should tell you what he thinks of the games prospects. how many years old is that design now anyway? JPOP needs to look for inspiration somewhere other than the playground.

slide2 (resized).jpgslide2 (resized).jpg
#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If I bought all my games based on Others video reviews I wouldn't own any lol.

That's funny because I've sought out games based on others positive opinions to find they weren't for me.

Also - the earlier comment about the ramp being a disaster - it's totally a JPOP WCS94 inspired style ramp. Weak ass ramp shot exits lol

#9129 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

That's funny because I've sought out games based on others positive opinions to find they weren't for me.
Also - the earlier comment about the ramp being a disaster - it's totally a JPOP WCS94 inspired style ramp. Weak ass ramp shot exits lol

I think that was the point of my post. The opinion of others on a game (good or bad) review means Nothing! Pinball is a personal experience and there will always be differing opinions/tastes. As for the ramp, until I play it I will base my opinion on how fun it is vs what others define as "disaster" based on a prototype video???

#9130 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Well, he said they had already made changes based on the feedback so that is a good thing.

If it doesn't shoot better i'll pass on that one for the next one.

The layout doesn't look that good to begin with after all these years.

#9131 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, he said they had already made changes based on the feedback so that is a good thing.
If it doesn't shoot better i'll pass on that one for the next one.
The layout doesn't look that good to begin with after all these years.

I like it. At least it‘s way different then what we nowadays usually get.

#9132 3 years ago

Without getting to emotional, when they release a game there will be a new thread. This could be the end of the best ever topic on Pinside and I will miss all of you so much. If you go by the clock, our little group shall soon disappear so please stay in touch via the TBA thread coming soon!!!!!

#9133 3 years ago

Rip Van Winkle should be their first pin.

That's assuming something actually gets out the door at some point...

#9134 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Without getting to emotional, when they release a game there will be a new thread. This could be the end of the best ever topic on Pinside and I will miss all of you so much. If you go by the clock, our little group shall soon disappear so please stay in touch via the TBA thread coming soon!!!!!

"Immaculate thread to sell"

#9135 3 years ago

Personally I would laugh my butt off if after the initial release Robert came on here and posted a "suck it" animated GIF.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#9136 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Rip Van Winkle is their first pin...

That’s a code name . Confirmed - Captain America is on the line and will be the first release !

Sorry - just having fun

#9137 3 years ago

Imagine if you will, a triangle if you connect the three dots. Symbol of?

Looks like in the blown up picture, a dog, horse, a planet, or just horetshit?

Screenshot_20200830-092003_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-092003_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-184108_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-184108_Messages (resized).jpg
#9138 3 years ago

Chapter 9 bankruptcy ?

#9139 3 years ago

In the blown up pic you can clearly make out a dark birds head in a macabre style . The next release will be Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven . Case solved

#9140 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

In the blown up pic you can clearly make out a dark birds head in a macabre style . The next release will be Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven . Case solved

I see Mad Max!!!

#9141 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

That sounds more like an AP theme. Which I would totally buy !

#9142 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Personally I would laugh my butt off if after the initial release Robert came on here and posted a "suck it" animated GIF.[quoted image]

At this point, there is no possible event that could justify Robert having a "suck it" post.

Even if RAZA was released tomorrow, at very low cost, with "Ferrari quality" in large quantities (which is, of course, quite unlikely) he is still...
1) missing his "amazing innovations"
2) missing his "dozen launch titles"
3) missing his "more machines than anyone has ever shipped in a year"
4) 2 years late

#9143 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I just think it‘s 9.X.2020 and not a countdown.
But if it is you‘d write the year as well, wouldn‘t you?
How can one fluke this up?

Maybe 9.x.xxx a.d.

#9144 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

At this point, there is no possible event that could justify Robert having a "suck it" post.
Even if RAZA was released tomorrow, at very low cost, with "Ferrari quality" in large quantities (which is, of course, quite unlikely) he is still...
1) missing his "amazing innovations"
2) missing his "dozen launch titles"
3) missing his "more machines than anyone has ever shipped in a year"
4) 2 years late

I hope you are just as hard on JJP and CGC. JJP started in 2011 and they had a very rough first 6 years. MMR was announced in 2013 but it has been a slow drip from them and the machines are already fully designed.

JJP) 5 games in 9 years
CGC) 3 in 7 years

#9145 3 years ago

If DR eventually pump out decent games , all of this wait will be forgotten - forgiven , just like jjp .
I wish them all the best , especially for people who have money in this .

#9146 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I hope you are just as hard on JJP and CGC. JJP started in 2011 and they had a very rough first 6 years. MMR was announced in 2013 but it has been a slow drip from them and the machines are already fully designed.
JJP) 5 games in 9 years
CGC) 3 in 7 years

Seriously? This kind of deflection "oh don't look at what I did, look at what others did?". Fking lame... neither CGC nor JJP boasted the kinds of crazy stuff deeproot did.. and continued to miss.

#9147 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

JJP) 5 games in 9 years
CGC) 3 in 7 years

Sure, but they didn't start out with comments like "Stern sucks" and "Pinball is easy", and ridiculous brags about shipping "dozens of titles" with Ferrari quality and Kia prices. JJP and CGC have spent far more time and effort building their games and far less time bragging about it.

Extraordinary claims should require extraordinary results. I think everyone (probably even Robert now) realizes that pinball is not easy.

My point was that even if deeproot manages to ship a game soon (and I hope that they do), they don't have much justification to be telling people to "suck it".

#9148 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Sure, but they didn't start out with comments like "Stern sucks" and "Pinball is easy", and ridiculous brags about shipping "dozens of titles" with Ferrari quality and Kia prices. JJP and CGC have spent far more time and effort building their games and far less time bragging about it.
Extraordinary claims should require extraordinary results. I think everyone (probably even Robert now) realizes that pinball is not easy.

I think you missed the interview a year or so ago where Robert clarified all of his previous bullshit. You see, pinball IS easy. It's just designing, producing, and bringing pinball machines to market that is hard.

It's all so simple when you look at it that way.

#9149 3 years ago

*vulgar content removed by moderator*

#9150 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

*vulgar content removed by moderator*

It's really amazing isn't it.

People who don't really like pinball dove into pinball and desperately want a lifeline. All you gotta do is promise to completely change pinball into something these people will actually like and you become a cult figure.

IT'S PINBALL. It's always going to be pinball. Snap out of it people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.