• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 669.
#9051 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Oh yeah, a whole new way of pinball manufacturing that will revalutionize the world. Stern will be 2nd in the marketplace and the release of 13 pinball games at once. Amazing what they are able to accomplish! What ever groundbreaking innovation announced was 3 years ago. We now have these things called electric cars since then.

Deeproot have battery powered pinballs?

#9052 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Deeproot have battery powered pinballs?

Why can't Elon Musk make pinballs??
I would buy an awesome SpaceX machine.

#9053 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drove by Deeproot today around 3:30
About 25 cars or so in the parking lot
There is some action going on

You sure they weren’t moving trucks or people cleaning out their offices before the feds show up?

Maybe someone tipped them off.

#9054 3 years ago

40 new posts, Must be a reveal from DR. Opens door, looks around, closes door on way out...

#9055 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I would by an awesome SpaceX machine.

Because Elon Musk is smart?

#9056 3 years ago

Because pinball is hard...it's space flight that is easy.

#9057 3 years ago

made in the usa and at an cost in line with stern and others?

#9058 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because Elon Musk is smart?

Very smart, he's made billions and he's his own engineer at times in his companies. He may be cocky and a jerk at times, but my friends that work at Space X with him say he's super smart and amazing to work with.

#9059 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Very smart, he's made billions and he's his own engineer at times in his companies. He may be cocky and a jerk at times, but my friends that work at Space X with him say he's super smart and amazing to work with.

He seems to be a pretty fun kinda bloke... Lol

... voiced by The Elon Musk

Could see him doing pinball

#9060 3 years ago

Having brilliance is pointless if there's no one to listen
As my grandfather taught me, "God gave you two ears and one mouth. Use them in proportion".

I'd love to see what Elon would come up with for innovation. Its so badly needed IMHO.

#9061 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think you are missing the point here. Musk is smart enough not to want to start a pinball company.

#9062 3 years ago

Musk could name a pinball machine after his child...the pinside abbreviation would be WTF

#9063 3 years ago

Haven’t checked this thread in several months, but I see nothing is new with Deeproot...

#9064 3 years ago

Speaking of Musk, pinball machines are indeed laughably primitive. "Innovations" like LCD screens and RGB inserts are like putting a Ring video doorbell on a 200 year old house. Doesn't change the fact it's 99% ancient.

So yeah, radical innovations are possible. But I doubt they're gonna come from a nut job like Jpop or a boss who seems to think art is all that matters.

#9065 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of Musk, pinball machines are indeed laughably primitive. "Innovations" like LCD screens and RGB inserts are like putting a Ring video doorbell on a 200 year old house. Doesn't change the fact it's 99% ancient.
So yeah, radical innovations are possible. But I doubt they're gonna come from a nut job like Jpop or a boss who seems to think art is all that matters.

There you go practicing law without a license again!

#9066 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There you go practicing law without a license again!

My true sin was giving the correct advice

#9067 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hahahahaha!

#9068 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Doesn't change the fact it's 99% ancient.

Damn right it is... and I'd like to keep it that way (don't disagree with Ben... don't disagree with Ben... Ugh).

Pinball remains ancient because that is what makes it pinball. You can change the materials, you can change the technology. But in the end, it needs to remain pinball. Flippers and contact actuated actions. That is the essence of pinball. For a long time I thought the promise of things like visual pinball were amazing, but in the end, it cannot replace flippers and contact actuated actions happening. Just keep putting lipstick on my pinball pig and I'll be happy.

#9069 3 years ago

The projector on Stranger Things was neat for dynamic artwork. Maybe they’ll refine it for another future game.

I think little one inch OLED screens as inserts would be cool.

#9070 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The projector on Stranger Things was neat for dynamic artwork. Maybe they’ll refine it for another future game.
I think little one inch OLED screens as inserts would be cool.

Yeah if you see it in person works pretty well. Demogorgan shot is still awful though.

#9071 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Or a boss who seems to think art is all that matters.

First time I hear that, usually it’s the opposite. (All the innovations, patents, octo assembly...)

What‘s the scoop?

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

First time I hear that, usually it’s the opposite.
What‘s the scoop?

Havent you noticed, all they release is artwork..

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Where was your "advice" to pinheads when you realized zidware was a fail? you were in the trenches with JPOP, you could have saved people a lot of money and hardship! so don't boohoo it's insulting!.... Mr. Ben Heck the untouchable!

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Where was your "advice" to pinheads when you realized zidware was a fail? you were in the trenches with JPOP, you could have saved people a lot of money and hardship! so don't boohoo it's insulting!.... Mr. Ben Heck the untouchable!

I stopped associating with Zidware once it became clear I was to be an "apprentice" to a has-been instead of making my own game. As many have said John does very good "set dressing" to make things look real and lure people in. Had I stayed associated (Btw I never was paid a single dime) I'd have zilch just like the customers.

Also don't forget it wasn't politically correct to question ANY boutique back then. Like that POS Predator that duped so many.

#9076 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Where was your "advice" to pinheads when you realized zidware was a fail?

Given the amount of money Zidware collected I don't think anyone would have predicted the catastrophic fail that occurred. Delays yes, but complete failure? That said, when John showed up at Expo with empty cabinets and the best he could do was to tout the great advance that was painted vent covers... well, that was a BIG red flag.

#9077 3 years ago

Plenty of Zidware threads. This isn't one of them.

#9078 3 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Given the amount of money Zidware collected I don't think anyone would have predicted the catastrophic fail that occurred. Delays yes, but complete failure?

The guy promised an impossible objective from the start... many people did predict it was a non-starter. The faithful just didn't want to face it. The idea of building just 16 games from the start was raised. And even as it continued to unravel people didn't want to hear it... even trying to run off associates telling their stories of being burned by JPOP. The desire to want success was so strong it blinded so many from their own regular judgement.

Which sounds so familiar here...

#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Given the amount of money Zidware collected I don't think anyone would have predicted the catastrophic fail that occurred. Delays yes, but complete failure? That said, when John showed up at Expo with empty cabinets and the best he could do was to tout the great advance that was painted vent covers... well, that was a BIG red flag.

That was the beginning of the end

The wheels fell off right after that expo

I only went down $4950

Could have been a lot more

Arrogance just destroys. Jpop should have asked for help much earlier

Instead, he kept taking money on that ponzi like effort

#9080 3 years ago

I’m new to the hobby.

Name me a new company that people/buyers threw money at that actually came through for them with a great machine, thus warranting the prerequisite to give money to them without a trusted name and reputation to stand on? Was the product/machine worth “getting in on” before orders were being fulfilled?

#9081 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Name me a new company that people/buyers threw money at that actually came through for them with a great machine, thus warranting the prerequisite to give money to them without a trusted name and reputation to stand on? Was the product/machine worth “getting in on” before orders were being fulfilled?

Illinois Pin Ball ( Big Bang Bar )

Jersey Jack Pinball ( Wizard Of Oz )

LTG : )

#9082 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Illinois Pin Ball ( Big Bang Bar )
Jersey Jack Pinball ( Wizard Of Oz )

I guess I challenge that it was worth the risk. If that game is that good. Then it’s likely it would rereleased.

#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I guess I challenge that it was worth the risk. If that game is that good. Then it’s likely it would rereleased.

Well yes and no.

Illinois Pin Ball was first. There were prototype BBB's out there. Things didn't go as planned. But Gene did get it done.

Jersey Jack Pinball ( in particular Jack ) was a known commodity. People wanted in no matter what, because of who it was. Wasn't smooth sailing but Jack made Wizard Of Oz happen and the company continued.

Unfortunately this opened the door so anyone could announce that they would build a pinball machine. And unfortunately this opened the door to many people thinking it could happen and got burned thinking everyone venture would be successful.

And a couple notables like Spooky Pinball and P3 Multimorphic Pinball, put their nose to the grindstone and are making pinball machines.

#9084 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And a couple notables like Spooky Pinball and P3 Multimorphic Pinball, put their nose to the grindstone and are making pinball machines.

Forgot American Pinball

#9085 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Forgot American Pinball

Not on purpose.

They didn't announce and ask for deposits as I recall. Same as Spooky and P3 Multimorphic. They announced and forged ahead.

Jersey Jack Pinball didn't ask for deposits either. People started offering and wanted in. I believe once they had a building and were moving forward, people could make a deposit and get in line for a game.

#9086 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They didn't announce and ask for deposits

Apologies ... you are correct

#9087 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They didn't announce and ask for deposits

Very Important distinction.

#9088 3 years ago

"Zidware" was Jeremy Packer.

Stern "saved" it the smart way by hiring him.

Change my mind.

#9089 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Zidware" was Jeremy Packer.

Stern "saved" it the smart way by hiring him.

Change my mind.

speechless.jpgspeechless.jpg
#9090 3 years ago

So when things fail one looks for common elements. The obvious one here is JPOP. Interestingly American Pinball did have a link to JPOP but then cut it, got in a designer that could get things done and we now have pinballs from them. I certainly don’t mean to pin deeproot’s issues entirely on JPOP, but there are those who can get things done, efficiently. And then there are those “artists” that have to be managed. Honestly if deeproot does fail you can trace it to the people initially hired. Tells you a lot about a company. Despite reading this story from the beginning I never did understand why they brought JPOP on board and immersed themselves in the baggage he brought with him. Think about how much wasted brainpower and hours that cost them. Could have had a competent designer for a lot less $ and probably would have given themselves a much better fighting chance in the process.

#9091 3 years ago

Is Stern really stockpiling pins at Deeproot facility?

#9092 3 years ago

Looks like 9 days to go until they turn on the spotlight.
Screenshot_20200827-231634_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200827-231634_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#9093 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I hope it's something exciting for their fans and those waiting.

#9094 3 years ago

[quoted image]

THEY STOLE MY JOB!!!

#9095 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

THEY STOLE MY JOB!!!

You get even days. Odd days are for discussing the history of Jpop.

#9096 3 years ago

I'm excited. New jjp coming soon and Deeproot. I'm stoked for any alternative to the newest Stern.

Great days for pinball!

#9097 3 years ago

They seem to keep the promise to release raza in September. The timing is quite perfect before any other releases.

#9098 3 years ago

Here's hoping the launch goes well!

#9099 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's hoping the launch goes well!

JJP-Stern-Deeproot....its going to be a crowded cage match of new games this September! Someone please photoshop Uncle Gary diving off the ropes and bodyslamming Jack, while Robert has a folding chair in his hand attempting to finish the other two off. pleeeease?

#9100 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP-Stern-Deeproot....its going to be a crowded cage match of new games this September! Someone please photoshop Uncle Gary diving off the ropes and bodyslamming Jack, while Robert has a folding chair in his hand attempting to finish the other two off. pleeeease?

Robert is the guy outside the arena selling homemade shirts right now. He hasn't entered the main event yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/182 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.