• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 669.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A little glimmer of hope from Zach Meny at The Pinball Show.[quoted image]

The only thing that could conjure up a glimmer of hope would be a full parking lot at the Deeproot factory

#8952 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A little glimmer of hope from Zach Meny at The Pinball Show.[quoted image]

Take my money Robert, take my money right this second !

#8953 3 years ago

Any day now I can just feel it. Okay maybe not

#8954 3 years ago

118130428_321493472400131_88986368790461861_n (resized).jpg118130428_321493472400131_88986368790461861_n (resized).jpg

#8955 3 years ago

Where was this posted?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8957 3 years ago

For those who don't want to watch the video...

The series is now sponsored by Deeproot Pinball
The reveal of the production model of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland and the reveal of Deeproot Pinball will be in September.

#8958 3 years ago

nice, finally we'll have something new to talk about

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Where was this posted?
[quoted image]

At last !

#8960 3 years ago

[obligatory comment....]

September of this year?

#8962 3 years ago

Resetting "Countup" to zero.

(Gimme a Date to Countdown to!!!)

#8963 3 years ago

Can't wait to see the same version of RAZA we've seen before, and give Robert Mueller $8,995 to preorder a game that will ship "soon".

#8964 3 years ago

I'm slightly excited not because I necessarily want to play one, but because something is actually happening. It'll be interesting to see how everything is executed, especially manufacturing (and whatever secret sauce that's under the hood).

#8965 3 years ago

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance....

#8966 3 years ago

What is everyone's predictions for price/models?

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

no price
no models

#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think RAZA 6999

#8969 3 years ago

Now the question is will he pull a Stern and include shipping or will it be plus shipping?

#8970 3 years ago

Assuming RAZA and MG are the primary focus, nobody is seeing workers at the factory yet .... looks like AIW is at LEAST a year out from being officially announced and then potentially another year before they ship it. Just wanted to say damnit. Just so much damnit.

I'm seriously perplexed as to why they would choose to release two original titles based off of "nothing" instead of a proven time worn "and more relatable" title like AIW? Is this a JPOP vision they're chasing money be damned or?
How many Disney based cartoon pins have we seen? Man, it just looks like they're betting on the wrong pony here.

#8971 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Assuming RAZA and MG are the primary focus, nobody is seeing workers at the factory yet .... looks like AIW is at LEAST a year out from being officially announced and then potentially another year before they ship it. Just wanted to say damnit. Just so much damnit.
I'm seriously perplexed as to why they would choose to release two original titles based off of "nothing" instead of a proven time worn "and more relatable" title like AIW? Is this a JPOP vision they're chasing money be damned or?
How many Disney based cartoon pins have we seen? Man, it just looks like they're betting on the wrong pony here.

they committed to fullfilling promises to execute goodwill in order to hire JPOP. also would you really want the first title out of the gate to be a disney license? almost feels like the original titles are practice while the company gets its bearings. same reason you never buy the first production car off the assembly line, they are still working the bugs out.

#8972 3 years ago

Disney license? Eh?

#8973 3 years ago

Robert already said RAZA will be a limited run, one and done to satisfy obligations. He said there are better games coming.

#8974 3 years ago

Alice in Wonderland cartoon is a disney property. This is not a disney AIW that is in progress (supposedly). All I've seen is a black and white drawing from years ago, hope they got further than that.

Quoted from CLEllison:

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Robert already said RAZA will be a limited run, one and done to satisfy obligations. He said there are better games coming.

Yes. Actually the limited run thing was really linked to the fact that RAZA was not a key product for them which seems odd since it seems to be their only title ready after all this time.
I hope they will make a communication of what they are really planning.

#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Yes. Actually the limited run thing was really linked to the fact that RAZA was not a key product for them which seems odd since it seems to be their only title ready after all this time.
I hope they will make a communication of what they are really planning.

Disclaimer: All of this is pure assumption but I have a lil' background in product development.

While they claimed to design a lot of machines they also claimed (simplified) to design a
new platform in parallel (and not in advance).
This doesn't work very well, since you would have to adapt each game with each change to the platform that is made.

Since Deeproot games are basically "just pinball" it is very well possible that all games are with very basic functionallity, or some P-Roc Boards or whatever and just Raza was their test & development game that went trough every iteration there was (and because of this is the furthest along altough it might not be their greatest property).

That would make sense... and explain when Robert says he likes it when it's finally out of the door, he can't see it anymore.

Also, since they still have to get their manufacturing capabilities up and running, it's better to start a bit smaller.

#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Alice in Wonderland cartoon is a disney property. This is not a disney AIW that is in progress (supposedly). All I've seen is a black and white drawing from years ago, hope they got further than that.

Did the drawing look anything like this?

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did the drawing look anything like this?
[quoted image]

I hear that proto has progressed to balsa wood form

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well shit... I don't want this one then... Oh yeah, I get two.

I ain't even giving a thumb's up yet.

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Well shit... I don't want this one then... Oh yeah, I get two.
I ain't even giving a thumb's up yet.

Two something's beats a $10k hole in my wallet every day.

Let's see how the next month goes.

#8981 3 years ago

This (RAZA in Sept) is encouraging news

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

This (RAZA in Sept) is encouraging news

BUT, will it be a pinball machine, or a new art drawing?

#8983 3 years ago

I am sure my quarry was discussed up-thread . Guys is Magic Girl confirmed to go into production ? I have wanted this title since May 2014 Thank you.

Magic Girl (resized).jpgMagic Girl (resized).jpg
#8984 3 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am sure my quarry was discussed up-thread . Guys is Magic Girl confirmed to go into production ? I have wanted this title since May 2014 Thank you. [quoted image]

If Deeproot can find it‘s place in the market and stays in business it is at least planned.

But it‘ll look different!

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Alice in Wonderland was written in 1865 by Lewis Carroll and is public domain. DR require no permission whatsoever to proceed unless they use the likenesses of the Disney movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures_in_Wonderland

#8986 3 years ago

September is in 12 days.....
Goodluck.

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Alice in Wonderland was written in 1865 by Lewis Carroll and is public domain. DR require no permission whatsoever to proceed unless they use the likenesses of the Disney movie:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures_in_Wonderland

He wrote „Alice in Wonderland CARTOON“.

(Wich also is incorrect because there are multiple AiW animated movies or tv series.)

#8988 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Goodluck.

And a whole 30 days long...

#8989 3 years ago

So... after all the negative Nancy, is there something you actually "want" from deeproot? Generally speaking.

Apart from "variety" (not shotwise but... you know it's a Stern when you see a Stern) I WANT THE SLEDGEHAMMER!!!

Srsly, with all the playfield issues it'd be nice to see if they can make a difference, like they stated.
(And I'm not a big fan of composite material, like Haggis sticking laying a plastic layer on top. You don't know -yet- if it'll yellow, the glue inbetween will get foggy oder break.)

#8990 3 years ago

All I want is what Robert promised...Ferrari quality at a Kia price - with revolutionary innovations - at quantities more than any company has ever produced.

oh...sorry...you said seriously...

At this point, if they could actually produce something "almost as good as a Stern" for "only a little more cost than a JJP" and can ship "almost as many as Spooky" - I'd give them a win.

#8991 3 years ago

i want the game release day to be 9-16..international talk like a pirate day..i want deeproot to supply a free eye patch,a shoulder parrot and want a game delivered by pirate ship ..

#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

All I want is what Robert promised...Ferrari quality at a Kia price - with revolutionary innovations - at quantities more than any company has ever produced.
oh...sorry...you said seriously...
At this point, if they could actually produce something "almost as good as a Stern" for "only a little more cost than a JJP" and can ship "almost as many as Spooky" - I'd give them a win.

Seriously. Is this too much to ask?

If they aren’t completely changing the game and revolutionizing pinball in each and every possible way - as they promised us many, many tines - why even bother?

RAZA just looked like another shitty half baked Jpop game.

#8993 3 years ago

New FB page is up. https://www.facebook.com/deeprootpinball

#8994 3 years ago

Whoa. I know it‘s only laughable babysteps for a lot of people (and not unjustified) but they really seem to finally pick up the pace (and start the marketing machine).

Now, plz for that website of yours...

And again, I know it‘s still next to nothing... but compared to the nothing we had before this is a huge improvement. XD

#8995 3 years ago

Goodluck.

Didn't say what year

#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Didn't say what year

That really is hilarious. <Very heavy sarcasm>

#8997 3 years ago

Apparently, Dennis has 2 in the pipe before he left the company. Looking forward to seeing what those are. I recall him saying this was his chance to do his dream theme.

#8998 3 years ago

Facebook is easy, just like pinballs !

#8999 3 years ago

Goodluck.

Thus will start the "30 Days of Deeproot"

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Two something's beats a $10k hole in my wallet every day.
Let's see how the next month goes.

It was the "better games coming" part... a little sarcasm here on Pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/180?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.