Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 672.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It was early, even I was barely posting on pinside at that point. He made plenty of pitches on RGP and PROC forums.

But boy did he pitch it up to us on Wordpress. Artasia at it’s finest. At the time we didn’t appreciate that it was Zombie Yeti’s art.

#802 5 years ago

Dear claimant,

If you are receiving this email, we do not show that you have not submitted any documentation of your claim. Please contact us if you feel this is in error.
Thank you.

dt

I don't know but if this is drafted up by the lawyer himself, just maybe he got his degree from the back of a match book?

#803 5 years ago

Hey Deeproot - I hope you crash and burn and never sell a single game. So far it looks like my wish is going to come true.

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't know but if this is drafted up by the lawyer himself

Well, at least they clarified their unjustified denial on a public forum and not through private communication. You know, like all the professionals do.
Wow.

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If you are receiving this email, we do not show that you have not submitted any documentation of your claim.

So they do have your submitted documentation?

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

So they do have your submitted documentation?

Seems obvious to me, otherwise how did they get my address and know i am remotely interested in pinball, let alone have their head match book lawyer construct this well written email!

#807 5 years ago

Of course they have his documentation, deeproot just wants to play some kind of power game.

#808 5 years ago

Did they ever announce what their "Quad Assembly" is going to be?

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

885bf488f124dcc52d59af34b80ce6ee (resized).jpg885bf488f124dcc52d59af34b80ce6ee (resized).jpg

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

They will, in two weeks.

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

They will, in two weeks.

Two weeks? Oh, is Andrew involved?

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

They will, in two weeks.

money-pit-two-weeks-two-weeks-gif (resized).pngmoney-pit-two-weeks-two-weeks-gif (resized).png

#814 5 years ago

sounds like jpop might need a raise. like a $200k raise.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Four guys, one screwdriver. (the beverage)

#816 5 years ago

Hey, RareHero is back!!

#817 5 years ago

Is Andrew Heighway involved in the Deeproot venture? Hydrofoils weren’t enough?

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is the Deeproot logo?

Used to be this...

471D4432-D5C2-47A8-9D3F-B070E8C4C49E (resized).jpeg471D4432-D5C2-47A8-9D3F-B070E8C4C49E (resized).jpeg

Waaay more sphincter-like in appearance, and a much better depiction of where this company is/was wanting to guide itself.
At least on Pinside that is.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is Andrew Heighway involved in the Deeproot venture? Hydrofoils weren’t enough?

No, I’m saying that what’s happening right now with Heighway is the future of Deeproot (and Dutch). Money + ego doesn’t create a successful pinball company. Not to mention starting a company with a man who’s scammed the pinball community, and then attacking the hobbyists that a new pinball company needs for early sales. Deeproot is DOA.

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Used to be this...

Waaay more sphincter-like in appearance, and a much better depiction of where this company is wanting to guide itself.
At least on Pinside that is.

Geez, was this logo made in-house? If so it could be indicative of concerning approaches in other areas.

#821 5 years ago

Dunno.
I know I laughed MY anus off the first time I saw it.
Dennis should’ve too, knowing his sense of humor.
First meeting:
“You guys know what this logo looks like riiiight? I am signing on for a new PINBALL company, riiiight?”
Ben Doughver CFO:
“What are you talking about Dennis? Our logo represents fresh-cutting-edge-high-end-boutique Pinball!”
Dennis:
“Uhhh, okay.
Can I get paid in cash please?”

#822 5 years ago

If Dennis Nordman ever quits, there's your sign that DeepRoot is in deep shit because that's the red flag that EVERYONE missed with the whole Heighway Shit Show.

-Steve

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

If Dennis Nordman ever quits, there's your sign that DeepRoot is in deep shit because that's the red flag that EVERYONE missed with the whole Heighway Shit Show.
-Steve

Are the signs aren't there now? The PR is abysmal and the constant threats against potential customerd are horrendous.

#824 5 years ago

Based on their current communication, when someone buys a deeproot game they will have to sign a contract to give it a perfect score on the Pinside ranking system. Further you can never make a post indicating there is anything wrong with said game.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When someone buys a deeproot game they have to sign a contract to give it a perfect score on the Pinside ranking system. Further you can never make a post indicating there is anything wrong with said game. That's in the confidentiality agreement.

Wait, how would they find out you didn't? And once you HAVE the game, and posted a non-favorable review, do they come take the game back?

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve

No, it wasn't missed by everyone. I think most people saw what was happening, there were so many signs, but also a lot WANTED to believe it was otherwise. Maybe most people did both? (knowing it just couldn't end well, but still hoping it would).

#827 5 years ago

What if Nordman were to leave for personal reasons like if his wife were to become ill or any life changing event?
I'd hate to see unfair conspiracies coming from Pinside based on the superficial... And please know that it wasn't just Nordman abruptly leaving Heighway, it was his somewhat ambiguous answers as to why he left.

I realise everyone is trigger happy right now but let's not jump to conclusions based on recent Heighway Pinball events.

As far as people filing a claim for what they are owed, I really don't see the issue at this point. Each of us needs to do what is best for ourselves and if I had not been a part of the lawsuit, I would be filing a claim. I'm not saying this will have a good outcome as I don't know but realistically, it's your best option right now, IMO.

#828 5 years ago

The problem I see with tearing a company down prematurely is it can create a self fulfilling prophecy. The people at risk are the employees and the investors.

Until they start asking for pre-order money, I don't see their angle in ripping off the pinball community.

#830 5 years ago

Now im curious.
When will we see a game from this company?

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What if Nordman were to leave for personal reasons like if his wife were to become ill or any life changing event?
I'd hate to see unfair conspiracies coming from Pinside based on the superficial... And please know that it wasn't just Nordman abruptly leaving Heighway, it was his somewhat ambiguous answers as to why he left.
I realise everyone is trigger happy right now but let's not jump to conclusions based on recent Heighway Pinball events.
As far as people filing a claim for what they are owed, I really don't see the issue at this point. Each of us needs to do what is best for ourselves and if I had not been a part of the lawsuit, I would be filing a claim. I'm not saying this will have a good outcome as I don't know but realistically, it's your best option right now, IMO.

A voice of sanity and reason!

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The problem I see with tearing a company down prematurely is it can create a self fulfilling prophecy. The people at risk are the employees and the investors.
Until they start asking for pre-order money, I don't see their angle in ripping off the pinball community.

Look, Robert needs to work on his personal skills, I wouldn't take the Mike at Homepin approach when trying to sell pinball machines. And embracing John and being pompous about it was/is unwise.

That said, there are good people at work making pinball machines and getting paid for it. In other words feeding their families.

Secondly, there are good people with hard earned $$$ invested in this project, passive investors, that hope to receive a return on their investment.

So while it may be fun to blast Robert as he keeps putting his foot in mouth, and oh by the way, Gary Stern doesn't have an ass left its been chewed off down to the bone now, I'm anxious to see what happens here and hope for the sake of pinball, investors and employees that they succeed.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Now im curious.
When will we see a game from this company?

Supposed to see 5 different model games at Texas Pinball Festival 2019 and available for purchase with no wait time. That's my recollection and I would feel better if Robert or someone can confirm or correct me.

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Supposed to see 5 different model games at Texas Pinball Festival 2019 and all available for purchase with no wait time. That's my recollection and I would feel better if Robert or someone can confirm or correct me.

FIVE?

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

and oh by the way, Gary Stern doesn't have an ass left its been chewed off down to the bone now, I'm anxious to see what happens here and hope for the sake of pinball, investors and employees that they succeed.

The difference is Gary is and has been running a successful pinball manufacturing company. You should be saying and doing all the right things when tying to get off the ground...and NOT hiring persona non grata employees.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Supposed to see 5 different model games at Texas Pinball Festival 2019 and all available for purchase with no wait time. That's my recollection and I would feel better if Robert or someone can confirm or correct me.

Ok so that is what the 5 days of Deeproot is?... a new game reveal everyday for 5 days?

#837 5 years ago

You are not alone in being surprised. That's what I said. - Again, I am looking for confirmation or correction on this.

#838 5 years ago

I can't remember either if it was 5 by TPF, but they definitely had this in their literature about the JPop deal:

https   zidware deeproottech com.pnghttps zidware deeproottech com.png

Says multiple titles by the delivery date, which is June 30th, 2019 in that document. 422 days to go.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The difference is Gary is and has been running a successful pinball manufacturing company. You should be saying and doing all the right things when tying to get off the ground...and NOT hiring persona non grata employees.

It’s the mistake of a pinball newbie. Won’t be the first or the last

There r a lot of things that he shouldn’t be saying and doing

Pinheads are a finicky bunch. If he starts acting like a salesman and less like a DB lawyer then things could turn

They still have to produce. If not, the guy will be destroyed. No pre payments

#840 5 years ago

Through the miracle of "quad assembly".

#841 5 years ago

1 physical game, 5 different themes? I think Stern has that down.

#842 5 years ago

Well, well, well....Kman seems to think I'm shiliing for DR pinball?

Can you be any more hypocritical? This guy was a shill for Totan, MG and a lovefest for it AND John while AP was trying to build his game and make it right.

So YOU Kman, while i love you man and your passion, are the hypocritical crybaby complainer here.

I don't wish for doom and gloom and failure. WTF. That's petty and BS so I think many folks need to get the F off their own high horse.

So take your own advice, take a F ing breath and enjoy your weekend and have fun brother.

Root for failure? That bad karma is on you F ers.

Some of you need to get a grip on reality. There are different interests at stake here and the HATE angle is BS.

NOBODY has one F ing dime into DR pinball. Can anybody F ing understand that?

IF they deliver WITHOUT a pre order deposit AND some of the former Jpop buyers get made somewhat whole, and you hate that, then F you.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, well, well....Kman seems to think I'm shiliing for DR pinball?
Can you be any more hypocritical? This guy was a shill for Totan, MG and a lovefest for it AND John while AP was trying to build his game and make it right.
So YOU Kman, while i love you man and your passion, are the hypocritical crybaby complainer here.
I don't wish for doom and gloom and failure. WTF. That's petty and BS so I think many folks need to get the F off their own high horse.
So take your own advice, take a F ing breath and enjoy your weekend and have fun brother.
Root for failure? That bad karma is on you F ers.
Some of you need to get a grip on reality. There are different interests at stake here and the HATE angle is BS.
NOBODY has one F ing dime into DR pinball. Can anybody F ing understand that?
IF they deliver WITHOUT a pre order deposit AND some of the former Jpop buyers get made somewhat whole, and you hate that, then F you.

I have no issues with a new pinball company coming along...none. But when you hire JPOP I now have a problem. He should not be working in pinball ever again...ever. We should not support him. On that note we should not support a company that supports him. That's my take.

Had they come in and hired a bunch of industry people and got to work and said all the right things...great, I'm interested. Let's see what you can do.

But not now...I'm out. (Unless they fire JPOP and change their tune...then I might be back in).

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have no issues with a new pinball company coming along...none. But when you hire JPOP I now have a problem. He should not be working in pinball ever again...ever. We should not support him. On that note we should not support a company that supports him. That's my take.
Had they come in and hired a bunch of industry people and got to work and said all the right things...great, I'm interested. Let's see what you can do.
But not now...I'm out. (Unless they fire JPOP and change their tune...then I might be back in).

Can you support Nordman, Barry and the rest of the crew?

So what if Robert acts like a dick. He has to answer to his investors. Do you think i would buy a Jpop game? No way. Hypocrite Kman will, he loves him as an "artistic genius".

No preorder $$$, a lot of people here have nothing to lose and something to gain. That simple.

Peace and love baby! Make it happen or not. Nobody is out a dime. There are some thick headed M fers that can't seem to grasp that.

Whatever, don't buy anything here. I respect everybody's choice.

Btw, my IMDNLE is arriving next week, so all is good in Pinball world. I didn't flip it.

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

But when you hire JPOP I now have a problem. He should not be working in pinball ever again...ever.

Hire JPOP..

AND go online and be completely jack-assery towards and in front of other potential customers.

Honestly, even if JPOOP wasn't hired by them, their attitude on here completely signed me off of buyin' anything from them. Yeah, Customer Service is still a thing.

#846 5 years ago

"llegitimi non carborundum". My civil procedure professor (former judge) always reminded us in law school, "Don't let the bastards wear you down"

The thing about Pinside and previous pre order scumbags is NOBODY took the initiative at the time to actually go and find out wtf was really going on until it was too late.

Bitch, whine, moan and complain here. What good does that F ing do?

Get your arse over to Robert's office if you care that much and/or it offends you that much and call him out face to face.

The only people man enough so far are the plaintiffs that actually flew to Chicago to stick it up John's ass. Where were the other burn em at the stake cheerleaders? Podcasting?

Once again, DR hasn't taken a DIME of anybody's $$$. Yet if you are so butthurt that they are trying to make pinball machines and don't like it then go picket in front of their offices or some BS.

Create some # movement

#847 5 years ago

Sorry Ice , I have a legit reason to protect my IP Derppoop now thinks is automatically theirs by hiring John. So couple that with the attitude and the way he treats fellow pinsiders, personally, I cant disagree with you more. If they had the decency of reaching out and not coming on here spewing lies and calling me dishonest which I was 100% not then perhaps I could see your points. I would never expect people to stay at a hotel that the owner pissed in his guests or potential guest's cornflakes, so if this guy wants to piss all over his potential customers , then I just have no desire to support anything he's selling.

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Sorry Ice , I have a legit reason to protect my IP Derppoop now thinks is automatically theirs by hiring John. So couple that with the attitude and the way he treats fellow pinsiders, personally, I cant disagree with you more. If they had the decency of reaching out and not coming on here spewing lies and calling me dishonest which I was 100% not then perhaps I could see your points. I would never expect people to stay at a hotel that the owner pissed in his guests or potential guest's cornflakes, so if this guy wants to piss all over his potential customers , then I just have no desire to support anything he's selling.

Go for it Bill, you deserve it, like I've said. That's your call, one person who deserves a whole lot better. John really stuck it up your ass and i don't blame you one bit for wanting to take a pound of flesh. If you can get it, get it. It's all the other drive by looky lou mfers that have zero clue and are hypocrites.

The rest of us, we are gonna see what happens. Nordman and Barry. I haven't given them a DIME. It's happening anyway and I don't really care whether i get a game or not, other than i hope it works for the employees and investors. I wish you well!

He has been a dick, no doubt, dug a deep hole with his stupidity, he's had my friend/his lawyer call me re things i said before. Whatever.

What are you/we out? Chump change/peanuts as California Pelosi would say right? Actually, I acknowledge you are out a whole lot more! But don't let the negative doomsayers with ZERO in this weigh you down. Life is too short brother.

Peace and love to you!

AND I'm less interested in flipping LE's for a profit versus seeing the hobby thrive and succeed.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Supposed to see 5 different model games at Texas Pinball Festival 2019 and available for purchase with no wait time. That's my recollection and I would feel better if Robert or someone can confirm or correct me.

Well, I was hoping Robert would comment on this and maybe he will later. But I tried to find some confirmation on my quote and I cannot. My memory tells me I heard that information on a podcast interview that Robert did, but the one I listened to (again) didn't have it. And I've wasted too much time on this already. Therefore, I retract my comment and this will hopefully teach me not to shoot from the hip again.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve

Not everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/17?hl=heavymetalballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.