Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 672.
#8901 3 years ago

Honestly, Deeproot would have been way better off either investing money in Multimorphic or making games for the P3 platform.

#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Honestly, Deeproot would have been way better off either investing money in Multimorphic or making games for the P3 platform.

Robert rather smugly said he would sell the Deeproot catalog of innovations to any pinball manufacturer except p3. He said that ship sailed years ago...which makes me think Robert was already rejected by p3 in some way. Probably a smart move by Gerry if that was the case. I am really glad to see Heist doing well for them, it looks like a ton of fun.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Deeproot email update came this am
Delayed delivery to September due to Covid and interrupted supply chains

Only lifeline for JPop fans atm (2nd hand btw).

How much will hopes and trust be crushed if this promise is broken by more than a month: Painful blow bc the covid excuse will be used up and there was no need to give that production date.

#8904 3 years ago

Will buy 50k MG.

#8905 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Only lifeline for JPop fans atm (2nd hand btw).
How much will hopes and trust be crushed if this promise is broken by more than a month: Painful blow bc the covid excuse will be used up and there was no need to give that production date.

Does anyone really expect anything at this point?

It will be a bonus in my mind if it happens

For the sake of everybody, employees, investors, etc I hope it happens

The continuous overhead cash burn with nothing coming in isn’t a business model one would have confidence in.....for several years now

You have to wonder what the employees are thinking?

If they can’t start shipping ONE game by September after showing Raza last year and spending all that money to get to here then maybe they ought to pay Spooky or Gerry from Multimorphic to come in and get it done

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m regretting my decision to forego the Jpop payment now.

Don't say I didn't warn ya bro!

Anybody who passed up the chance when Deeproot was handing money out is basically out of their minds or glutton for punishment. I can't fathom just letting it ride at that point.

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't say I didn't warn ya bro!
Anybody who passed up the chance when Deeproot was handing money out is basically out of their minds or glutton for punishment. I can't fathom just letting it ride at that point.

Pretty much compulsive gambling at this point. "Double or nuttin, kid!"

#8908 3 years ago

Noone "knows" anything that is discussed here.

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Noone "knows" anything that is discussed here.
I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Individual people, yes ... businesses, not so much.

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Individual people, yes ... businesses, not so much.

Since every person that works there is now a subject of "discussion" I'd like to remind, again, that these are people working there.

#8911 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So far the only major trust blow was no reveal in March 19.

JJP (also) took 3 years to start production.

#8912 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

So far the only major trust blow was no reveal in March 19.

tenor (7).giftenor (7).gif

As proven by the 'modified' agreements... the payouts they had to make...

Heck, How many hands does it take to count the number of versions of '5 days of deeproot'?

#8913 3 years ago

So what is known about the Utah closure? All those people and resources and money spent there for what purpose?

#8914 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since every person that works there is now a subject of "discussion" I'd like to remind, again, that these are people working there.

Yes, everyone who works there is an individual, but a business isn’t an individual.

Businesses make poor decisions all the time despite the best of intentions of select individuals.

Businesses that continually over-promise and under-deliver will be called out for it... and should be.

Ultimately, consumers choose to buy or not buy products, depending on how much they like/desire/afford the item and trust the manufacturer.

#8915 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Yes, everyone who works there is an individual, but a business isn’t an individual.
Businesses make poor decisions all the time despite the best of intentions of select individuals.
Businesses that continually over-promise and under-deliver will be called out for it... and should be.
Ultimately, consumers choose to buy or not buy products, depending on how much they like/desire/afford the item and trust the manufacturer.

There has to be a product to buy first. Been years now. Terrible execution.

#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

papa.gifpapa.gif

#8917 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put a f ing game out there with all that $$ spent and the last several years FFS
I’m regretting my decision to forego the Jpop payment now. Yeah that was stupid on my part
Call it for what it is. Absolutely terrible execution thus far
The 575 fund is another story. Good luck with that.
The whole thing is turning into a monster shit show

"Turning?" When wasn't it, a shit show? 5 days of deeproot? Cease and desist on bheck? Groundbreaking reveal of RAZA? I could go on.

#8918 3 years ago

This thread is the best illustration of the "gambler's fallacy" I can think of: every time I see new updates I think... well I was wrong the previous 1000 times... there's DEFINITELY got to be some kind of news this time!

But no. Same old.

<still reading though >

#8919 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

modified' agreements

Throwing Jpop clientel under the bus is no major trustbreak. It’s the curse of the dead gods. You get nothing. You lose.

#8920 3 years ago

deeproots RM needs a new mantra :

"my way, or the heighway".

#8921 3 years ago

Don’t sure of myself...is it a thread about pinball?

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It will be a bonus in my mind if it happens
For the sake of everybody, employees, investors, etc I hope it happens
The continuous overhead cash burn with nothing coming in isn’t a business model one would have confidence in.....for several years now
You have to wonder what the employees are thinking?
If they can’t start shipping ONE game by September after showing Raza last year and spending all that money to get to here then maybe they ought to pay Spooky or Gerry from Multimorphic to come in and get it done

If Deeproot was on the Nasdaq they would be de-listed and investigated for fraud by now.

#8923 3 years ago

It's been almost a month since I checked in on this thread . I was going to say things like Steve Bowden , David Thiel , still working there gives me a little bit of Hope , why don't they tease us with something- anything . But all of these things have been said , so there's no point in me posting anything this time

#8924 3 years ago

Games are coming. They will be wonderful.

#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If Deeproot was on the Nasdaq they would be de-listed

look for deeproot 'under the counter' on the 'pink sheets'.

pinksheets (resized).jpgpinksheets (resized).jpg
#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That’s the spirit

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Throwing Jpop clientel under the bus is no major trustbreak. It’s the curse of the dead gods. You get nothing. You lose.

When they first came on the scene they were throwing money around, sponsoring all kinds of events to get their name out, gaining goodwill and promising to right the many wrongs of Jpop. Looking back, none of that bought them much except deeper cash burn. Dennis Leary says that you can sell cigarettes in a black pack with skull and crossbones on it and label it Cancer and people would still flock to smoke them. Deeproot will win or lose based on putting out products people want, goodwill or not. Make great games at a reasonable cost and they will sell regardless of recent disappearing acts and not updating the website. They could even put out crap games with fancy art and the Jpop crowd will buy them . Before they go belly up, I just hope they surprise us and at least put out a couple of decent games to make our friends whole again with a reasonable facsimile of the Jpop games they thought they were buying however many years ago.

#8928 3 years ago

I think its about time to rename this thread from Deeproot to Deepshit.

#8929 3 years ago

or Deepsleep

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If Deeproot was on the Nasdaq they would be de-listed and investigated for fraud by now.

No.

Why would they? They‘re exactly as succesfull as when they got listed in your imagination.

#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No.
Why would they? They‘re exactly as succesfull as when they got listed in your imagination.

Deeplorable!

#8932 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

deeproots RM needs a new mantra :
"my way, or the heighway".

the Heighway is my may!

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Great news!

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dennis Leary says that you can sell cigarettes in a black pack with skull and crossbones on it and label it Cancer and people would still flock to smoke them.

Skull and crossbones would be cool . Our smokes look like this and there's one with a dead guy on it , one with a fucked up mouth , one a with fucked up foot and an eyeball .

IMG20200816153247 (resized).jpgIMG20200816153247 (resized).jpg
#8935 3 years ago

I have no clue why I even keep coming back to this topic, but I still do.

44 posts since last time I was here, I get excited, click, start reading, and nope, same old stuff as usual.

At least no pics of cats here now, for a while that was so old even the mods stepped in.

I was hopeful and pulling for Deeproot, but now after everyone else has been releasing new games, and they have not, I am not so sure about them.

I 100% hope that all turns out well for everyone that is invested in this.

#8936 3 years ago

How long of a contract did David Thiel sign with Deeproot? It should be almost up by now. The sound he did on JJP is amazing and would like for him to return.

#8937 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

How long of a contract did David Thiel sign with Deeproot? It should be almost up by now. The sound he did on JJP is amazing and would like for him to return.

Found a TWIP article about it from June 2018 so sometime around then. It was for 3 years. I know the regular paychecks was a good thing as opposed to being paid on the completion of a contract, but if they never ship product they won't be able to continue and the paychecks will stop before then most likely.

#8938 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m regretting my decision to forego the Jpop payment now. Yeah that was stupid on my part

I never made the deal because I didn't think ANYONE would get anything. But we know there were a handful of guys smart enough to take the money and get out.

Quoted from benheck:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Your legal advice was bang on .

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I never made the deal because I didn't think ANYONE would get anything. But we know there were a handful of guys smart enough to take the money and get out.

Your legal advice was bang on .

I took the deal DR because i wanted to support pinball and their efforts to bring more of it to the hobby.

I also decided i had to take some personal responsibility for making a terrible decision in supporting the JPOP follies during those "noodling" years of nothingness.

No matter how it turns out i made the right decision for myself all the way around. I'm still in a great position here barring some sort of bankruptcy filing.

Even still, as poor as the execution has been by the management team at DR, its hard to fathom that you could blow that much money and pinball talent and end up producing nothing for actual sale.

Bottom line, i'll be made whole, along with others, via that contract signed with DR, in September, one way or the other.

#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I took the deal DR because i wanted to support pinball and their efforts to bring more of it to the hobby.
I also decided i had to take some personal responsibility for making a terrible decision in supporting the JPOP follies during those "noodling" years of nothingness.
No matter how it turns out i made the right decision for myself all the way around. I'm still in a great position here barring some sort of bankruptcy filing.
Even still, as poor as the execution has been by the management team at DR, its hard to fathom that you could blow that much money and pinball talent and end up producing nothing for actual sale.
Bottom line, i'll be made whole, along with others, via that contract signed with DR, in September, one way or the other.

I rather see you get machine(s) that you are owed, as I am wanting to support a new Texas pinball company with a NIB purchase.

#8941 3 years ago

Has anyone in the San Antonio area decided to drive by Deeproot HQ and see if there is any sign of life there? Does it look like a facility staffed and prepping to assemble products filled with 250lbs of parts? Are there five cars in the parking lot and not much else?

#8942 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What happens to that contract if DR is dissolved?

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I rather see you get machine(s) that you are owed, as I am wanting to support a new Texas pinball company with a NIB purchase.

Totally agree brother. Been saying that all along. They have some great talent

Quoted from okgrak:

Has anyone in the San Antonio area decided to drive by Deeproot HQ and see if there is any sign of life there? Does it look like a facility staffed and prepping to assemble products filled with 250lbs of parts? Are there five cars in the parking lot and not much else?

Will take a ride over there during the week sometime. Zero cars on weekend last weekend

They still have multiple job postings on Glassdoor. Look it up. Maybe old and outdated?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What happens to that contract if DR is dissolved?

Poof. Gone

Not sure but that 575 fund that supports the “affiliates” is a much bigger issue

Funny that Robert wasted time and money on handing out worthless “cease and desist” letters like candy

If he doesn’t deliver this time he’ll be facing Breach of Contract claims. Not worthless

#8944 3 years ago

A little glimmer of hope from Zach Meny at The Pinball Show.

719EC24F-12DC-430D-80C3-A3D38AD7E76B_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg719EC24F-12DC-430D-80C3-A3D38AD7E76B_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#8945 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A little glimmer of hope from Zach Meny at The Pinball Show.

???????????

#8946 3 years ago

It's an easter egg that Deeproot has placed on the playfield.

#8947 3 years ago

another snippet of art, wow. I mean, I suppose all those artists he has working for him should be doing something.

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

another snippet of art, wow. I mean, I suppose all those artists he has working for him should be doing something.

I agree that it's not much.

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A little glimmer of hope from Zach Meny at The Pinball Show.[quoted image]

And people said they were blowing through all that money with nothing to show for it...now they have a drawing of a cartoon airplane.

Another couple of years, and they'll have another drawing to show.

#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A little glimmer of hope from Zach Meny at The Pinball Show.[quoted image]

Wow! ... Amazeballs! ... That's some Mind Blowing stuff!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.