• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 669.
#8801 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And no word from our friend at the top.

Read harder!

Quoted from iceman44:

Deeproot email update came this am
Delayed delivery to September due to Covid and interrupted supply chains
So maybe August ish announcement?

#8802 3 years ago

I still have hope. They were just about to launch and the worst pandemic in over 100 years happened. Strange you guys can't give them any sort of understanding, even when the world shuts down.

#8803 3 years ago

Inside Deeproot with Gary gnu

#8804 3 years ago

The thing is Stern still managed Turtles ( just a bit late) American Pinball has in production Hot Wheels. Deep Root debuted their game in November 2019, some 8 months prior . I understand the covid thing , not sure offhand how long Texas was in a " lockdown" before , as each state was different.

#8805 3 years ago

The two raza prototypes just might end up being the most expensive pinballs ever made , 15 million dollars plus , each

#8806 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I still have hope. They were just about to launch and the worst pandemic in over 100 years happened. Strange you guys can't give them any sort of understanding, even when the world shuts down.

I'm a product designer, and you better bet management doesn't care there's a panademic right now. If you use the covid excuse in a meeting for not keeping your projects on time, you'll get all the stories about layoffs and paycuts at other companies, and you should thank your lucky stars our company is doing well. I work 4 days a week from home and one in the office, but if I need to get sh*t done, you better believe they expect me to go into the office with mask on and get it done.

#8807 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm a product designer, and you better bet management doesn't care there's a panademic right now. If you use the covid excuse in a meeting for not keeping your projects on time, you'll get all the stories about layoffs and paycuts at other companies, and you should thank your lucky stars our company is doing well. I work 4 days a week from home and one in the office, but if I need to get sh*t done, you better believe they expect me to go into the office with mask on and get it done.

This. People need work. Texas isn’t shut down, there isn’t a better time to find Labor at low cost in recent memory

#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This. People need work. Texas isn’t shut down, there isn’t a better time to find Labor at low cost in recent memory

Not until the Federal unemployment bonus ends for good. Most cheap labor has figured out its better to wait it out at home. The temp worker market is barren right now. That ends this week if they do not renew it.

#8809 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I can only speak for my company but we receive parts and products from all over the world and there's only been slight delays . Maybe labour is their problem ?

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can only speak for my company but we receive parts and products from all over the world and there's only been slight delays . Maybe labour is their problem ?

Yeah, definitely their help. Not their leadership. Riiiiiiight.

#8811 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The difference is your argument refers to continuing with business as usual.

It‘s a different thing when you‘re just about to get things in place, build a line and hire people and this thing hits.
They can‘t return to normal when there never was a ‚normal‘.

#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The difference is your argument refers to continuing with business as usual.
It‘s a different thing when you‘re just about to get things in place, build a line and hire people and this thing hits.
They can‘t return to normal when there never was a ‚normal‘.

According to the updates, they had a factory in place and were ready to start manufacturing pinball back in late February (ready to show at TPF at the end of March). Yes, they haven't actually fired up production (maybe a small pilot run to vet out the manufacturing setup), but it sounded pretty normal to me. I can't think of a single reason they wouldn't start making machines if it's truly ready. If they think they need to show it at a pinball show, they are wrong. Rick and Morty has NEVER been at a show and it sold out in 4 hours (and there are still people wanting one). TMNT has never been at a pinball show, and lots of people are buying them.

#8813 3 years ago

This is probably irrelevant, but does this seem odd to anyone else?

From the deeproot funds website:
Phone
Please call us toll-free at (888) 316-2935. Extensions include:
Opt 1 – Fund Customer Service
Opt 2 – Sales
Opt 3 – deeproot Pinball
Opt 4 – Broker, Advisor, or Representative
Opt 5 – Executive Offices

Deeproot pinball doesn't have their own phone number?

#8814 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

According to the updates, they had a factory in place and were ready to start manufacturing pinball back in late February (ready to show at TPF at the end of March). Yes, they haven't actually fired up production (maybe a small pilot run to vet out the manufacturing setup), but it sounded pretty normal to me. I can't think of a single reason they wouldn't start making machines if it's truly ready. If they think they need to show it at a pinball show, they are wrong. Rick and Morty has NEVER been at a show and it sold out in 4 hours (and there are still people wanting one). TMNT has never been at a pinball show, and lots of people are buying them.

Covid is no excuse here

I thought Robert said he wanted to have his “grand announcement” with media etc.

I agree, just start producing and shipping games. Have the big grand opening next year

#8815 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Phone
Opt 2 – Sales
Opt 3 – deeproot Pinball

Straw business . There’s nothing there

#8816 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Phone
Opt 2 – Sales
Opt 3 – deeproot Pinball

Fun fact: All 5 extensions go to Robert's office phone.

#8817 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Fun fact: All 5 extensions go to Robert's office phone.

Should we all start leaving messages?

#8818 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

According to the updates, they had a factory in place and were ready to start manufacturing pinball back in late February

Did they Actually Say that or is that what we want to hear and pick apart by assumption. Seems to me they wanted to Unveil a title or titles (least that’s what the invite said) nothing else that I recall? With so little information we certainly all know everything about this company. Lol

#8819 3 years ago

I think it's safe to assume a few things here:
None of us truly know what's happening there and Roberts silence on the matter is potentially hurting if not destroying the companies image.
As I previously stated (and reaffirmed by the Rick and Morty comparison stated earlier) there is NO reason why they can't do a HD video ad and start selling them. But, we also don't know if he actually has the product to sell. At this point I'd assume no and why he's being quiet.

I can totally understand Robert wanting to have this BIG coming out production. Everyone wants to be in the limelight once in their lives. But is holding out for that moment worth the potential failure of the entire operation?? I wish I knew him personally. I'd encourage him to focus on the future of becoming a legend which is WAY better than a temporary limelight. My .02
Keeping going DR - waiting to buy AIW.

#8820 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I think it's safe to assume a few things here:
None of us truly know what's happening there and Roberts silence on the matter is potentially hurting if not destroying the companies image.
As I previously stated (and reaffirmed by the Rick and Morty comparison stated earlier) there is NO reason why they can't do a HD video ad and start selling them. But, we also don't know if he actually has the product to sell. At this point I'd assume no and why he's being quiet.
I can totally understand Robert wanting to have this BIG coming out production. Everyone wants to be in the limelight once in their lives. But is holding out for that moment worth the potential failure of the entire operation?? I wish I knew him personally. I'd encourage him to focus on the future of becoming a legend which is WAY better than a temporary limelight. My .02
Keeping going DR - waiting to buy AIW.

Agreed though for me pushing a video release and sell from a known company would be a no issue like Stern. A start up with possibly proprietary boards, mechs, etc I personally would like to See or play their offering before jumping in blind. Actually understand why he would wait as you only get to pull the curtain back and unveil once on a company or product line. No matter how badly We want something now anyway.

#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed though for me pushing a video release and sell from a known company would be a no issue like Stern. A start up with possibly proprietary boards, mechs, etc I personally would like to See or play their offering before jumping in blind. Actually understand why he would wait as you only get to pull the curtain back and unveil once on a company or product line. No matter how badly We want something now anyway.

Some way. Some how. In these crazy times. I hope they still have the private party that they planned before. And then have a major unveiling.

People have invested in this, interest in this, and it would be nice to see it come to fruitation.

I wish nothing but the best for everybody and everything these days.

LTG : )

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Roberts silence on the matter is potentially hurting if not destroying the companies image.

Silence is far preferable to the nonsensical puffery of some of their early statements.

Their talk is irrelevant at this point. When they produce a game people will care. Until then anything they say will mostly be disbelieved and picked apart ad nauseum.

I don’t find it unusual that COVID set them back significantly. The supply chain has changed worldwide and has yet to settle into a new normal.

Don’t give up hope.

#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A start up with possibly proprietary boards, mechs, etc I personally would like to See or play their offering before jumping in blind

True.. but it DID show up to one show so the public did get to play it. Not like they couldn't show us what's under the hood on streaming video. I realize it's tough to sell games when you're a new company, but every company has to start somewhere (even spooky started with essentially nothing but a podcast and ben heck as competency). Look at how many people bit to buy a zidware game or Skit-b without seeing it (or a business plan). Granted that was a different era (most have wised up), but I would think the better thing to do is move along business as usual (build a small stock of games), announce they are for sale then plan production runs accordingly to sales. Sure beats burning money. I guarantee there won't be a public pinball show until at least next year, and even then the attendance is likely to be lower. Just look how empty Disney is right now:

#8824 3 years ago

"About the575 Investment Fund

the575 Fund by deeproot Funds offers hybrid Preferred Equity Class C Shares, backed by insurance policies and affiliates, with a 5 year term, and choice of 35% lump sum return (i.e. 7% internal simple deferred per annum growth), or 5% annualized periodic (monthly) payments. the575 also features a large account bonus option."

That's the Deeproot575 fund that raised $32 million as of last year September. 7% on a 5 yr. product is a big number in this interest rate environment.

Wondering if any of that $$ went to fund pinball? "backed by insurance policies and affiliates" whatever that means.

How many business ventures are you aware of that can go years with huge overhead expense and zero revenues coming in?

If you had a game ready to build in RAZA and ship, and other companies are finding the parts and building, why not start trying to bring in some revenue? I don't get that but hey, maybe there is a grand master plan.

They showed RAZA back in November at the Houston show.

I too would like to see that AIW! And whatever else they have cooked up.

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Phone
Opt 2 – Sales
Opt 3 – deeproot Pinball

This isn’t that unusual for an offshoot company really, the pinball company is probably sharing a lot of the same Back end

#8826 3 years ago

Weeks since last livesign: Four

(We're still within the last communicated timeline. But if we don't get a reveal in August I'd call it quits.)

#8827 3 years ago

This thread is a couple years old and you're now counting weeks for communication, information, tangibles, etc ?

Years would be much easier.

Pretty tough to have much optimism at this point.

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

This thread is a couple years old and you're now counting weeks for communication, information, tangibles, etc ?
Years would be much easier.
Pretty tough to have much optimism at this point.

Years since last livesign: 0,0767123

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

(We're still within the last communicated timeline. But if we don't get a reveal in August I'd call it quits.)

August what year?

#8830 3 years ago

I won't give up..............
Looking for the wild ride that will be Alice.

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." ...

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." ...

"We're all mad here." ...

Some wild art ideas to keep the dream alive.

Go well Team DR, hope you have a win !

A1 (resized).jpgA1 (resized).jpgA2 (resized).jpgA2 (resized).jpg
#8831 3 years ago

Lol, Alice is pre-pubescent...

#8832 3 years ago

Yeah I don’t think that rack is big enough. Stop kowtowing to political correctness!!!!

#8833 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I don’t think that rack is big enough. Stop kowtowing to political correctness!!!!

Thats the spirit!

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I won't give up..............
Looking for the wild ride that will be Alice.
"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." ...
"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." ...
"We're all mad here." ...
Some wild art ideas to keep the dream alive.
Go well Team DR, hope you have a win ![quoted image][quoted image]

J Scott Campbell cranks out some amazing artwork.

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

cb82f44732c8d9df8c048f67e739147b_400x400 (resized).jpegcb82f44732c8d9df8c048f67e739147b_400x400 (resized).jpeg
#8836 3 years ago

Yeah thats just gross.

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Weeks since last livesign: Five

Someone told me it‘s only days away...
While you also can measure eternity in days, it‘s nice to hear that they‘re still on it and some people believe in them.

#8838 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah thats just gross.

Oh wow. It sure is. I wish I could unsee that.

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Someone told me it‘s only days away..

I am wondering if that would be for the people who are owed games, not necessarily a full public reveal.

#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

wondering if that would be for the people who are owed games,

No. It’s for the vip‘s to visit the factory like Cardy and (maybe not anymore) Kaneda. The old Jpop clientele doesn’t play a part here their role is to keep their mouth shut and be thankful to deeproot for getting discount or refund when RM decides the time is right.

#8841 3 years ago

The most hilarious part about Deeproot is that their own website, which is still lacking any shred of useful content, is sending you off to a defunct podcast to find out more information about the company. Complete amateur hour over there. It’s almost as if they want to fail.

#8842 3 years ago

There is a golden window for a release in October 2020 not sooner.

#8843 3 years ago

RAZA and MG in October id order at least 1.

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

There is a golden window for a release in October 2020 not sooner.

What makes you think that October is a golden window vs. Now? By October there will likely be another Stern, JJP, and possibly a CGC game to compete with. Right now is prime time as Stern can't even keep up with demand.

#8845 3 years ago

He already said MG is a LONG ways off.

Something beside RAZA should be coming

#8846 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What makes you think that October is a golden window vs. Now?

Now as you said TMNT is still on full steem no premium and le delivered yet. That should have cooled off in 2 months.

I dont see any new reveal til November. Next stern title reveal likely earliest in November bc of above reasons. JJP just said no reveal before production I dont see that before November either. There is absolutely no sign for a CGC reveal before November 2020.

Quoted from iceman44:

He already said MG is a LONG ways off.

Damn any other than JPOP game I´m out.

#8847 3 years ago

I doubt we'll see anything out of Deeproot (other than maybe some vague promises) before the next TPF.

And even at TPF, I suspect that all we'll see is a slightly-improved version of RAZA that will be available "soon".

#8848 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

slightly-improved version of RAZA

The agony of dreamers of the JPop myth would continue until deeproot is finally belly-up. Though my hopes would at least get cut in half if there is no reveal til November.

I dont need a JPop pin and dont really have room for 1 (anymore) but if one is revealed and working Im forced to buy it.

#8849 3 years ago

Why not create informational videos talking about:
The board sets they've chosen to use and why?
Manufacturing processes?
Who's making the playfields? (would love to see a process video of that hopefully it's not Mirco)
How the idea came about for the specific title/s.
Interviewing the artist/s.
Are they going to allow a "Custom shop" option where a person could send the playfield to a person like Kruzman to clear coat.

I'm just spit balling ideas here but they could keep their current based energized and potentially energize potential customers. I wish them best, sincerely I do. I'm in no hurry whatsoever and willing to wait as long as needed to get an AIW.

#8850 3 years ago

The interesting thing about this thread is it doesn't matter when the last time you checked it was, it's the exact same conversation in perpetuity.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.