• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 669.
#8751 3 years ago

Nobody wants to be surprised or have there socks blow off just start showing some sneak peaks of progress.

Better then looking hopeless.

Let’s go Deeproot! Keep us interested!

#8752 3 years ago

So it's been over three and half years...

Even Gene Cunningham managed to build a pinball machine in less amount of time...

#8753 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Even Gene Cunningham managed to build a pinball machine in less amount of time...

I do not think Deeproot can blame the virus any longer.

Other pinball companies are shipping new games out now.

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

OH NO YOU DIDNT!

But also... yes.

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I do not think Deeproot can blame the virus any longer.
Other pinball companies are shipping new games out now.

They sure can.. Giving people the chance to see and play a new game on a show is so much better than just releasing it on the web.

I Keep My fingers crossed that something will happen soon, since i still believe in Deeproot

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

I Keep My fingers crossed that something will happen soon, since i still believe in Deeproot

That is very cool that you stay so patient.

I also hope they can come out soon with new cutting edge technology and take pinball to a whole new level.

A year or 2 ago I asked my distributor if he was going to sell Deeproot games.

He said who?

I thought he must be dumb, he does not even know about this company about to take the pinball world to a new level.

A year or 2 later, now I am like 70% of people on here: still hopeful, but losing that hope now.

#8757 3 years ago

A year or 2 ago I asked my distributor if he was going to sell Deeproot games.

He said who?

I reached out to a notable distributor and asked him if he'd be selling Deeproot games. He said he wants to but there is nothing available for him to do so. That was about 2 months ago.
But then I seem to recall something about Deeproot selling direct to customers. Is my memory correct on that?

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

They sure can.. Giving people the chance to see and play a new game on a show is so much better than just releasing it on the web.

Is that true though? Stern is having no problem selling TMNT without all the in-person showings.

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is that true though? Stern is having no problem selling TMNT without all the in-person showings.

Stern is also not a start up company with unproven products or market so a bit different. Play one Stern you know what to expect....

#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

At least Gene gave updates every once in awhile during process.

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To be fair, Gene didn't develop or engineer anything. No concepts, ideas, programming, art, playfield layout, geometry, drawing detailings...

#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At least Gene gave updates every once in awhile during process.

And missed EVERY one lol.

#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And missed EVERY one lol.

That F'n really made me laugh. So true, just like Andrew Highway. But Gene had the game in the end for $4500.

#8764 3 years ago

. But Gene had the game in the end for $4500.

Partially true..... In the end the game had a Inflated keep him alive price which was not 4500 And do remember at that time all NIB games were 3100 so not as amazing by comparison. Gene did pull it off granted with a LOT of help from Many helping hands.

#8765 3 years ago

I thought he must be dumb, he does not even know about this company about to take the pinball world to a new level.

The only "next level" thing in their demo game was the amount of flipper power needed to make a ramp shot. What else was innovative?

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Partially true..... In the end the game had a Inflated keep him alive price which was not 4500

This is very misleading. All games quoted and ordered at 4500 were delivered for that price. Gene found parts to build additional games and sold those at the currently going rate closer to 10K. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it gave a few more people a chance to get a game. I recall they all sold pretty quickly.

#8767 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Partially true..... In the end the game had a Inflated keep him alive price which was not 4500 And do remember at that time all NIB games were 3100 so not as amazing by comparison. Gene did pull it off granted with a LOT of help from Many helping hands.

Nib games cost around $4000 by then, not 3100.

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

To be fair, Gene didn't develop or engineer anything. No concepts, ideas, programming, art, playfield layout, geometry, drawing detailings...

to which we can counter any number of promises from years ago from DP about how far along they were...

The joke was at least the worst business man in pinball got the job done... what about the most boisterous person in pinball?

#8769 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This is very misleading. All games quoted and ordered at 4500 were delivered for that price. Gene found parts to build additional games and sold those at the currently going rate closer to 10K. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it gave a few more people a chance to get a game. I recall they all sold pretty quickly.

Ok. Hence the reason I said “Partially true” And “in the End”. Lol

#8770 3 years ago

I keep saying "what if" and man, I'm starting to run out of those. Robert could absolutely start the sales up. Virtual showing of machines and even if the roll out is slow due to pandemic it's still a start and gives the public one less thing to hang over their heads. I sincerely hope Robert can see that waiting for the spotlight to shine on him is still possible, just not when he wanted it too.

#8771 3 years ago

I'm sure Robert is not worried about what any of us think about the timeline. He's got to answer to the investors for that.

At this point, i'm sure Covid buys him some more time with those people. They don't realize everybody else is producing pinball machines.

#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Can I blame Gene as the reason I jumped at the chance with Jpop? NO... I can only blame myself.
And so, here we are.

#8773 3 years ago

As I've been perusing this thread for months I noticed throughout that it is littered with the word "revolutionary" and about how it's going to "fundamentally change" the game of pinball.

The last time I heard hyperbole thrown about this much and for this long, it was all about "revolutionizing human transport" as I recall. When they lifted the veil, it was this...

sddefault (resized).jpgsddefault (resized).jpg

Not to be a naysayer (I really hope they pull it off), but just I guess the whole Segway debacle turned me into a skeptic.

#8774 3 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

As I've been perusing this thread for months I noticed throughout that it is littered with the word "revolutionary" and about how it's going to "fundamentally change" the game of pinball.
The last time I heard hyperbole thrown about this much and for this long, it was all about "revolutionizing human transport" as I recall. When they lifted the veil, it was this...
[quoted image]
Not to be a naysayer (I really hope they pull it off), but just I guess the whole Segway debacle turned me into a skeptic.

Segway .... one step closer to "Wall-E"

#8775 3 years ago

But at least they actually produced and sold Segways for several years.

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

They sure can.. Giving people the chance to see and play a new game on a show is so much better than just releasing it on the web...

Actually doing both isn't a bad idea either.

#8777 3 years ago

Hopefully DR does not follow Segway or Robert will be killed by one of his own pinball machines

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Hopefully DR does not follow Segway or Robert will be killed by one of his own pinball machines

No chance of that happening. There are no pinball machines, just talk!

#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Technically Jimi Heselden didn't invent the Segway he just bought the company, but I think the joke still has merit

#8780 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Week(s) since last lifesign: 1
(Yes, this one there counts! Resetting the countup.)

Weeks since last lifesign: 2

#8781 3 years ago

I've made my mind up . If there's nothing available , I'm not going to buy anything

#8782 3 years ago

Actually the last 20 years Segway has been making their two-wheeled, self-balancing personal transport device. You can still buy all sorts of models.
However they close the last plant today as a matter of fact so no more new ones will be produced.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90517971/exclusive-segway-the-most-hyped-invention-since-the-macintosh-to-end-production

Quoted from BorgDog:

But at least they actually produced and sold Segways for several years.

#8783 3 years ago

Minor I know but Deeproot is no longer listed as a sponsor of IFPA Pinball. They were a diamond sponsor with Stern as the only other one. No longer on the website at all.

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Minor I know but Deeproot is no longer listed as a sponsor of IFPA Pinball. They were a diamond sponsor with Stern as the only other one. No longer on the website at all.

They've shed all of their expensive sponsorship deals (PAPA is another one) and many, many employees in the last year. THis isn't exactly news.

Seems like the burning cash like no tomorrow days are over. Seems like a lot of stuff is over.

#8785 3 years ago

Yes, I fully expect that the "Five Days of Deeproot" will eventually end up being five days of bankruptcy hearings...

#8786 3 years ago

I really hope they pull through, but if they don't, I hope that David Thiel gets back on a new game in the near future from some other company!

#8787 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I really hope they pull through, but if they don't, I hope that David Thiel gets back on a new game in the near future from some other company!

maybe paperflock will do a book on all the great ideas and games that Deeproot was gonna make...

#8788 3 years ago

Pretty crazy that Suncoast pinball managed to make more machines than Deeproot without spending tens of millions of dollars. Net outcome appears to be the same.

#8789 3 years ago

Maybe a deeproot documentary could be the worthy successor to the Fyre Festival story for Netflix.

#8790 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Well, what's there to currently sponsor? If IFPA tournaments aren't happening, then their website traffic is way down and most of the other things they offer sponsors aren't happening as well. With sponsorship, companies aren't giving the money for free. Sure they want to support events, but they want their logo all over the posters, social media, emails, website, etc. If they have no income coming in and aren't getting a lot out of the sponsorship given what's going on in the world right now, it makes sense.

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Weeks since last lifesign: 2

Three...

#8792 3 years ago

Just checking in after all this time... Has deeproot given up?

#8793 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Just checking in after all this time... Has deeproot given up?

Makes you wonder what really is going on under that roof.....

#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Makes you wonder what really is going on under that roof.....

Robert is still sorting springs and wondering what this coil goes too.

#8795 3 years ago

Robert is still sorting springs and wondering what this coil goes too.

Let's shake down Dennis Nordman and see if we can get him to spill the beans!!

#8796 3 years ago

Robert knows they still haven't sold any pinball games yet.
I'm sure he's digging deep to get to the root of the problem.

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Robert knows they still haven't sold any pinball games yet.
I'm sure he's digging deep to get to the root of the problem.

This is looking like a very sad story.

The excuses, missed timelines, etc... Not even ONE game after all this time and money. Hard to believe.

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is looking like a very sad story.
The excuses, missed timelines, etc... Not even ONE game after all this time and money. Hard to believe.

I had a lot of hope but this is crazy..

#8799 3 years ago

With the confirmations they laid off so many people in the Utah office, only Texas is left. And no word from our friend at the top.

#8800 3 years ago

Turns out pinball is hard after all

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.