Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 672.
#8702 3 years ago

Speedy recovery for Barry!

Deeproot email update came this am

Delayed delivery to September due to Covid and interrupted supply chains

So maybe August ish announcement?

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Next will be delayed delivery until TPF 2021 due to second wave of COVID in the fall.

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Next will be delayed delivery until TPF 2021 due to second wave of COVID in the fall.

Jackpot!!!!!

#8705 3 years ago
DR.jpgDR.jpg
#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Actually to at least September.

#8707 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I see it as a neutral omen for Deeproot

I'm kinda disappointed none of the spelling/grammar police got me on that one. Neutral Omen is an oxymoron I was proud to create.

#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm kinda disappointed none of the spelling/grammar police got me on that one. Neutral Omen is an oxymoron I was proud to create.

How could you make that mistake? What are ya, an oxy moron?
Is that better?

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

...Delayed delivery to September due to Covid...

Did they mention the year?

JK, wishing them the best.

#8710 3 years ago

A 3-4 month delay seems very reasonable. I would assume this was expected.

#8711 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

A 3-4 month delay seems very reasonable. I would assume this was expected.

LMFAO!

Hasn’t it been a 3-4 year delay!?

#8712 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

LMFAO!
Hasn’t it been a 3-4 year delay!?

No... this is in regards to the COVID issue that set everyone back. A 3-4 month delay is very understandable.

#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No... this is in regards to the COVID issue that set everyone back. A 3-4 month delay is very understandable.

We've already had a 3-4 month delay due to COVID. This is another 3-4 month delay on top of the original 3-4 month delay. They were initially supposed to start production in April (Same as AP). Somehow American, Spooky, Dutch, and CGC are all able to overcome global supply chain issues and produce games, yet Deeproot can't. JJP is moving and setting up a new factory half way across the Country and will also likely beat DR to the punch.

#8714 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

We've already had a 3-4 month delay due to COVID. This is another 3-4 month delay on top of the original 3-4 month delay. They were initially supposed to start production in April (Same as AP). Somehow American, Spooky, Dutch, and CGC are all able to overcome global supply chain issues and produce games, yet Deeproot can't. JJP is moving and setting up a new factory half way across the Country and will also likely beat DR to the punch.

Why are you worried? Do you have preorder money sent in?

#8715 3 years ago

Like a train in an old movie with greased tracks, just spinning with no advancement...

#8716 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why are you worried? Do you have preorder money sent in?

I'm not worried. I just think it's time for Deeproot to shit or get off the pot. Aren't they the company that boasted that they would ship more games than Stern in 2019? I just want to see them start backing up some of their bluster. Honestly, if they would have taken a more humble approach instead of denigrating the other Pinball Companies in the process I would be more forgiving.

#8717 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not worried. I just think it's time for Deeproot to shit or get off the pot. Aren't they the company that boasted that they would ship more games than Stern in 2019? I just want to see them start backing up some of their bluster. Honestly, if they would have taken a more humble approach instead of denigrating the other Pinball Companies in the process I would be more forgiving.

I hear that. On top of that, I hate to see them rush out games and then scramble to resolve major issues on games they had shipped.

I looked passed those bold statements long ago, especially since JJP took 3 years to get WOZ out the door originally.

I plan to purchase a game and I sure would like to see the first few games go out with very few minor issues.

#8718 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Speedy recovery for Barry!

I did not get this and I'm on their email list. Can you post the exact wording?

#8719 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I did not get this and I'm on their email list. Can you post the exact wording?

Zidware vapor owners received the email. I am sure something more public comes after all the owners have been contacted and a new resolution has been met for each one.

#8720 3 years ago

Some of you guys here are just the typical Pinside whiners. Bob made some comments here early on that hurt some feelings and now some are hoping for Deeproot failure.

Yes, the trials and tribulations of today’s sensitive society.

#8721 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some of you guys here are just the typical Pinside whiners. Bob made some comments here early on that hurt some feelings and now some are hoping for Deeproot failure.
Yes, the trials and tribulations of today’s sensitive society.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/81#post-5721867

Uncle Razor prescribes a teaspoon of Cement... and says Harden the Fu@# up!!

People had the right to be offended by Bob... ... the rest of us are entitled to think it is reasonable for him to point out, and to not give Two Roots about peoples over-sensitivity!

#8722 3 years ago

Deep root was going to show at TPF, they had a couple of prototypes out there , so they do have something . My guess is they are waiting to announce something until they are ready to ship . So they can keep their promise of , you can have it in 2 weeks . Or maybe Robert is just going to chuck it in and write it off as learning experience . But I doubt that .

#8723 3 years ago

I do find it amazing Deep root has so many experienced pinball people , millions of dollars and after a few years they still don't have anything you can buy .
Meanwhile - Damian at Haggis who knew nothing about pinball three years ago , has pretty much single-handedly built a quality game which is really fun . I would not have chosen the theme and I like a modern playfield with ramps but for a first time effort I would give him an A . It really is a quality , fun playing game .

#8724 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I do find it amazing Deep root has so many experienced pinball people , millions of dollars and after a few years they still don't have anything you can buy .
Meanwhile - Damian at Haggis who knew nothing about pinball three years ago , has pretty much single-handedly built a quality game which is really fun . I would not have chosen the theme and I like a modern playfield with ramps but for a first time effort I would give him an A . It really is a quality , fun playing game .

Anything to buy? They barely have anything to show. Their website (and deeproot studios website) is a barely modified Wordpress template. Their last post on Instagram was in 2018 and they have zero presence on Facebook. They literally refer you to interviews on other sites to find out more information about the company...... in June of 2020 after most likely millions of dollars burned. The company is either mired by incompetent management, or lacks any kind of marketing forward business acumen. They may still pull a a miracle and pull some magic out of their hats, but what would you bet on at this point?

#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anything to buy? They barely have anything to show. Their website (and deeproot studios website) is a barely modified Wordpress template. Their last post on Instagram was in 2018 and they have zero presence on Facebook. They literally refer you to interviews on other sites to find out more information about the company...... in June of 2020 after most likely millions of dollars burned. The company is either mired by incompetent management, or lacks any kind of marketing forward business acumen. They may still pull a a miracle and pull some magic out of their hats, but what would you bet on at this point?

What I’ve said all along: Whether on purpose or just a safety net, I think this business is a tax haven for the owner’s insurance business, to show massive losses to offset profits in that area

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What I’ve said all along: Whether on purpose or just a safety net, I think this business is a tax haven for the owner’s insurance business, to show massive losses to offset profits in that area

It certainly seems that way. I'm no tax expert, but how else do you explain having a Parent LLC with multiple subsidiaries, including an art studio, contract manufacturer, pinball company and private equity funds in some convoluted business arrangement? Most likely the PE funds funnel money into the Pinball company, which then pay royalties to the Tech/Manufacturing LLC and the Art Studio. Any lawyers or tax experts here care to weigh in with a professional opinion?

#8727 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

It certainly seems that way. I'm no tax expert, but how else do you explain having a Parent LLC with multiple subsidiaries, including an art studio, contract manufacturer, pinball company and private equity funds in some convoluted business arrangement? Most likely the PE funds funnel money into the Pinball company, which then pay royalties to the Tech/Manufacturing LLC and the Art Studio. Any lawyers or tax experts here care to weigh in with a professional opinion?

IANAL, and lawyers are too smart to comment on wild inferences. I have no info, just seems like what one would do from a business standpoint.

#8728 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IANAL, and lawyers are too smart to comment on wild inferences. I have no info, just seems like what one would do from a business standpoint.

Makes sense, just curious why other Pinball manufacturers are not setup this way. Stern Studios?

#8729 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

. So they can keep their promise of , you can have it in 2 weeks .

Sure, that way they can hang their hat on the one promise they did meet, forget about the dozens of other things they promised or said they would do. Of course that was part of a promise that over a year ago (or was it two?) we would see multiple models to choose from as well. Be interesting to see a list of all of the crazy ass promises and bluster from Robert, guess he is about 0/20 right now on following up on his bravado. Reality is despite Robert saying 'pinball is easy' (which of course he has backed off of and tried to dance around many time since, "pinball is easy, what we are doing is hard" -- yeah, right, whatever), and despite having massive resources in both money and experienced people, clearly pinball is a lot harder than he thought. Impossible to see how they can recover what they have already spent, but, been a fun story to watch and who knows where it will eventually lead to.

#8730 3 years ago

Damn you too? Well, it is a holiday weekend!

#8731 3 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

Robert, guess he is about 0/20 right now on following up on his bravado.

I apologize, Robert does deserve credit for making good on his promise to refund jpop victims. Not sure all have been made whole, but, they did write checks to at least some, so, 1/20

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Like a train in an old movie with greased tracks, just spinning with no advancement...

I was in India once, on the station i asked when the train was due to arrive, " Any minute now Sir" they kept repeating for 8 hours : D

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

I apologize, Robert does deserve credit for making good on his promise to refund jpop victims. Not sure all have been made whole, but, they did write checks to at least some, so, 1/20

That’s fine with other people’s money

At some point it’s time to deliver something

No excuses

#8734 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Zidware vapor owners received the email. I am sure something more public comes after all the owners have been contacted and a new resolution has been met for each one.

Yeah, I was a Zidware customer. Going to email Robert.

#8735 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Hoping you get a response.

#8736 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Were you in on the initial Goodwill Agreement?

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Were you in on the initial Goodwill Agreement?

Yes. No answer as of this morning.

#8738 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So maybe August ish announcement?

Week(s) since last lifesign: 1

(Yes, this one there counts! Resetting the countup.)

#8739 3 years ago

{{~~ yawn ~~}}

#8740 3 years ago

Octo manufacturing should be the breakthrough needed to pay back all those ripped off by Jpoop.

#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

If Dennis Nordman ever quits, there's your sign that DeepRoot is in deep shit because that's the red flag that EVERYONE missed with the whole Heighway Shit Show.
-Steve

This aged well from two years ago. Post #822 in this thread.

#8742 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8743 3 years ago

Just doing my monthly check to see if anything is happening at Deeproot. Doesn't look like it.

zGHQb4O.gifzGHQb4O.gif
#8744 3 years ago

Now there are 2 threads going about nothing!

#8745 3 years ago

Strange, they were ready to go earlier for the Texas Pinball festival right?

#8746 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

#8747 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Pinside is not the place to start applying logic.

#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

There is no way to apply logic to Deeproot.

#8749 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

There is no way to apply logic to Deeproot.

Where is the perfect place for deeproot then?

#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Where is the perfect place for deeproot then?

a tabloid?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/175?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.