Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 672.
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Apparently I have to reach 100 thumbs-up before I'm allowed to use the "Only show real information" checkbox. Only 5 more to go!

Come for the rampant, often baseless speculation. Stay for the Iceman drunk posts

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

...because they do eventually need to earn money, and that has to be done by selling people the machines they have rather than the machines they wish they will eventually have...

There's a saying for that in the engineering world: "Paralysis by Analysis"

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

There's a saying for that in the engineering world: "Paralysis by Analysis"

Also used in boardgaming to describe the tedium that occurs when a player has to ponder for ages before making each move. This triggers other players' deep-rooted frustration, much like some pinball players' Deeproot frustration.

#8554 3 years ago

Good news is on the way!

#8555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Good news is on the way!

This year or next year?

#8556 3 years ago

Good news is on the way!

Wishful thinking or is this a scoop ?

#8557 3 years ago

Good news is on the way!

You may reignite my faith with via PM...

#8558 3 years ago

Man it doesn’t take much to get people back into “holy shit take
My money!” Mode does it?

#8559 3 years ago

People can be interested to see what they are releasing without having any interest in buying.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My money!” Mode does it?

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My money!” Mode does it?

How soon they forget.
I will be more than happy to get a Deeproot pin when the time is right.
For me, thats when there an established company and have been around for at least 3 years. This way I know there is more substance than past talk. Reliable track record. Have made at least 2000 pins. They show that they have reliable customer service.
The list is actually endless. They have a lot to prove and live up to. I wish them luck, I really do. Im just not so optimistic at this point.

#8561 3 years ago

Still nothing relevant in this thread... except that there are a lot of miserable people in this world... which I already knew... carry on miserable people!

#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DR and their execution

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#8563 3 years ago

Good news is on the way!

...12 weeks since the last update.

#8565 3 years ago

Well, just to add a little anticipation... very little at this point...

The amendment to the Goodwill Agreement which originally set a delivery date of 6/30/19 was modified to 6/30/20.
We are going to be coming up to that date in a wee bit over a fortnight.

I don't recall a viral pandemic clause.

#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

...12 weeks since the last update.

Stay tuned....

#8567 3 years ago

For another 12 weeks of no news -

I liked the RAZA theme I don’t need licensed themes like everyone else, I thought RAZA could be like BBB in colors and kind of space ish theme.

But I think nothing special will come of this, maybe nothing at all.

#8568 3 years ago

Just share... via PM if you like.

I‘m very trustworthy!

*cough*

#8569 3 years ago

Does anyone visit this thread out of anything other than morbid curiosity?

#8570 3 years ago

Spill the beans darint!

#8571 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I keep hoping people start getting their games and are pleased with them.

LTG : )

#8572 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I keep hoping people start getting their games

hope is a good thing.
maybe the best of things.
and no good thing ever dies.

#8573 3 years ago

Since they are based in Texas, I can't help but want to root for their success. I am looking forward to what all the designers have to offer in these new games they have been working on for 2 to 3 years now.

I enjoyed playing the RAZA prototype at the Houston Arcade and pinball Expo back in November. It will be nice having new games revealed at this show.

Unleash the games!!

#8574 3 years ago

Since they are based in Texas, I can't help but want to root for their success. I am looking forward to what all the designers have to offer in these new games they have been working on for 2 to 3 years now.
I enjoyed playing the RAZA prototype at the Houston Arcade and pinball Expo back in November. It will be nice having new games revealed at this show.
Unless the games!!

Not to take from that but that's not the reason you wrote what you did, was it?

I Wish everyone nothing but the best, but I don't see this ending well anymore.
If they're still existing they'd have to pump out games soon; yet there was no sign of live for nearly 3 months, with their website still featuring the march event cancellation.

They're either blowing us away with a game within the next days, are searching for investors or are long broke...

#8575 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I Wish everyone nothing but the best, but I don't see this ending well anymore.
If they're still existing they'd have to pump out games soon; yet there was no sign of live for nearly 3 months, with their website still featuring the march event cancellation.
They're either blowing us away with a game within the next days, are searching for investors or are long broke...

Seems like the only one that Knows what needs to be done is Deeproot? Everything else as always is simply speculation. Until they Announce failure I will await their offering personally.

#8576 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not just looking forward to the reveals, but actually wanting to support the company by purchasing one game this year, which is all I am able to afford to buy NIB every 2-3 years. I am not just going to jump and purchase the first title out the game, unless it really appeals to me in all aspects. More games they reveal, more chances for Deeproot to get my money over the other companies.

I almost sent in my AIW deposit to JPOP years ago before things started to flop. It was a close call. I was just waiting to see the potential playfield layout and to my knowledge, that did not happen at that time.

Keep the faith, just as I am. JJP took 3 years to get WOZ out and I never expected Deeproot would had been able to do any better starting a company from scratch.

#8577 3 years ago

Not just looking forward to the reveals, but actually wanting to support the company by purchasing one game this year, which is all I am able to afford to buy NIB every 2-3 years. I am not just going to jump and purchase the first title out the game, unless it really appeals to me in all aspects. More games they reveal, more chances for Deeproot to get my money over the other companies.
I almost sent in my AIW deposit to JPOP years ago before things started to flop. It was a close call. I was just waiting to see the potential playfield layout and to my knowledge, that did not happen at that time.
Keep the faith, just as I am. JJP took 3 years to get WOZ out and I never expected Deeproot would had been able to do any better starting a company from scratch.

I am also hoping they pull off something great. I was hoping Stranger Things would have been my first NIB, but it was just another Stern, which is not my cup of tea. I am at least gonna wait to see what comes out of Deeproot at this point.

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am also hoping they pull off something great. I was hoping Stranger Things would have been my first NIB, but it was just another Stern, which is not my cup of tea. I am at least gonna wait to see what comes out of Deeproot at this point.

No harm in waiting, especially if you are still considering any NIB Stern. Might as well let the code progress more before purchasing.

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

papadook (resized).jpgpapadook (resized).jpg
#8580 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I come for the Sledge Hammer updates, and of course stay for the horderves and open bar.

#8581 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My money!” Mode does it?

8A0A30A4-A182-4647-BE35-0AD38A701551 (resized).jpeg8A0A30A4-A182-4647-BE35-0AD38A701551 (resized).jpeg
#8582 3 years ago

Ok, just listened to TPN Podcast and it seems Deeproot is not giving in but ramping up...

#8583 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok, just listened to TPN Podcast and it seems Deeproot is not giving in but ramping up...

See? Stay tuned!!

#8584 3 years ago

Ok. Hopeful again.

Buuut, I want to see them play their cards until July 1st!
(Germany is dropping it's sales tax for 5 months as an economy "stimulus" and I would want to buy a BKSoR if there's nothing of interrest on the horizon for me. )

#8585 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok. Hopeful again.
Buuut, I want to see them play their cards until July 1st!
(Germany is dropping it's sales tax there for 5 months as an economy "stimulus" and I would want to buy a BKSoR if there's nothing of interrest on the horizon for me. )

I guess that would depend on how many games they reveal before the end of July. Good luck on your decision.

#8586 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Just another Stern, that is physically built and exists in the world, and you can buy it. Unlike Deeproot games.

#8587 3 years ago

...how many games they reveal before the end of July...

I have a number in mind...can you guess what it is? I bet you can.

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I have a number in mind...can you guess what it is? I bet you can.

Is it :
0 <= x < 1 ?

#8589 3 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Just another Stern, that is physically built and exists in the world, and you can buy it. Unlike Deeproot games.

I am not telling anyone to like or not like a Stern. I just don't care for them. Thunderbirds exist and can be bought, but it doesn't mean I want one. I do enjoy how people get bent about a harmless comment that is simply my opinion. I didn't even say anything negative about them. Just that its not for me.

#8590 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Is it :
0 <= x < 1 ?

x + 1 = 1

#8591 3 years ago

On my side for July 2021:
-1 < x <=1

I am optimistic.

#8592 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am not telling anyone to like or not like a Stern. I just don't care for them.

I think it's great that we all have different tastes in which pinball machines we like.
You and I have 17 pins each and we do not have any games in common with each other.
There's room for everyone in the hobby.

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Deeproot is not giving in but ramping up...

Better than ramping down, I guess.

FeuaWI.gifFeuaWI.gif
#8594 3 years ago

For the calculus/math buffs out there:

Number of games = pi * log(10)* sine(90) * d/dx (a), where 'a' is an integer.

#8595 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Better than ramping down, I guess.[quoted image]

Deeproot may end up wishing the downramp was this short..

#8596 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

For the calculus/math buffs out there:
Number of games = pi * log(10)* sine(90) * d/dx (a), where 'a' is an integer.

sucks (resized).pngsucks (resized).png
#8597 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

For anyone who's trying to decide if it's plausible that Deeproot is "ramping up"- remember, preorders for "Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland" were going to start in 2012. Then, it changed names to RAZA and was "coming along nicely" in 2013. At this point, seven years ago, the chatter among pinsiders was that the game "wasn't some long overdue vaporware", and it was rumored for a 2015 release. Jump to 2019, and Robert Mueller claims that Deeproot is going to release more games in a year than any other manufacturer. Then, Deeproot was going to launch at TPF in March 2019. Then, Deeproot was going to launch at their headquarters in March 2020.

Based on this evidence, the most likely scenario is that Deeproot has one or two flashing boxes that look like pinball machines. Their only concrete accomplishment has been to carry the torch for a John Popadiuk scam from almost 9 years ago, while supposedly spending $750k/month to do so. If your child had been born 9 years ago, they could build a pinball machine today out of cardboard and marbles that would be more real and tangible than anything released by Deeproot. If your child then sold that pinball machine to your neighbor kid Ricky for one dollar, they would be more profitable than Deeproot has been over the same time period. Don't worry, though- they're "ramping up".

#8598 3 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

For anyone who's trying to decide if it's plausible that Deeproot is "ramping up"- remember, preorders for "Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland" were going to start in 2012. Then, it changed names to RAZA and was "coming along nicely" in 2013. At this point, seven years ago, the chatter among pinsiders was that the game "wasn't some long overdue vaporware", and it was rumored for a 2015 release. Jump to 2019, and Robert Mueller claims that Deeproot is going to release more games in a year than any other manufacturer. Then, Deeproot was going to launch at TPF in March 2019. Then, Deeproot was going to launch at their headquarters in March 2020.
Based on this evidence, the most likely scenario is that Deeproot has one or two flashing boxes that look like pinball machines. Their only concrete accomplishment has been to carry the torch for a John Popadiuk scam from almost 9 years ago, while supposedly spending $750k/month to do so. If your child had been born 9 years ago, they could build a pinball machine today out of cardboard and marbles that would be more real and tangible than anything released by Deeproot. If your child then sold that pinball machine to your neighbor kid Ricky for one dollar, they would be more profitable than Deeproot has been over the same time period. Don't worry, though- they're "ramping up".

Savage... LOL

#8599 3 years ago

I hope Deep Root is ramping up what they are planning to do when that old photo that's been floating around for years of Barry O in full blackface/pimp costume starts circulating a little more.

Yikes!

#8600 3 years ago

So many racist plots through the years it’s hard to keep track.. Archie Bunker, George Jefferson... even Howard Stern in black face alongside George Jefferson. But that was back when we could laugh.

Now we’re cancelling kid’s cartoons because they represent heroic cops stopping bad guys.

There is a problem here somewhere.

But back to Deep Root. (:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/172?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.