Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 672.
#8401 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I would love to know when RAZA is going to be released and what other pins are supposed to be coming out.

RAZA will be released "soon"...and many other great titles will be released after that.

Anything else you want to know?

#8402 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, Game Plan the manufacturer of Super Nova from 1980!
A Deeproot remake?

Saw a Game Plan Foxy Lady cocktail game yesterday that might make a good replacement for the patio table I have in my garage.

#8403 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Working on a couple things for TWIP next week, one about COVID and one as a follow up to the Kaneda interview with deeproot.
For deeproot/Robert, how about an AMA reddit style? AMA = Ask Me (HIM) Anything
Post here or PM me your questions or email me at [email protected]
You guys do the interview! What could go wrong?
Get them to me by tomorrow at 7PM Eastern!
- Jeff

Hi Jeff,

this is great but the most obvious questions he will propably not answer, or to be fair, he can't even answer a lot of them.

So I'd have some questions wich are hopefully vague enough to answer.

1) Since we all wan't to know what the prices are and the communication around this has changed a lot (from assuming really cheap machines to super expensive collector items) I'd like to know: "What will be the price RANGE? There was a 50K$ machine (Alice in Wonderland) mentioned - Will there be machines built to compete with a Stern Pro pricewise/ are they (for some machines) aiming to undercut that price."

2) Follow-Up question (partially if dodging the first): "If you aim to get 'every family a pinball machine' how are you planning to do this if not as well trough price? What are the other strategies involved to gain the public interrest that your competitors didn't see? (And if that's a secret, give us one example what the competitors are doing wrong.)"

3) Since people love to hate Mr. Müller or speculate that Deeproot is broke: "Not to dig in the legal actions or the partial downsizing of Deeproot; were there actually people not paid (in time) like it was claimed on pinside? People are worried if you're still able for a marathon, after a year of delays and now this corona pandemic."

4) "Will the 80's licensed game be Battlestar Galactica?"

#8404 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Saw a Game Plan Foxy Lady cocktail game yesterday that might make a good replacement for the patio table I have in my garage.

Just sold a non working one for $150

#8405 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't, I've had 2, its a horrible game. Lol

#8406 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Don't, I've had 2, its a horrible game. Lol

Good to know. Thanks!

I will say that Super Nova was a fun game with good rules and hung around for several months.

I can tell you this though, that the overall build quality of Game Plan seemed kinda cheap.

#8407 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Working on a couple things for TWIP next week, one about COVID and one as a follow up to the Kaneda interview with deeproot.
Post here or PM me your questions or email me at [email protected]
You guys do the interview! What could go wrong?
Get them to me by tomorrow at 7PM Eastern!
- Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I would be super happy for you to ask Robert to show some teaser pictures or drop ANY names of ANY future titles in the works please. Apart from Raza, MG and Alice of course. oh and that one that went sideways, old windows pin ?

Would also like to know what title/s Dennis was working on and how complete it/they got ?

Big ask here,,,,,,, Some..../ Any...... game specifications that show why Deeproot Pinball will have an edge over the existing competition ?
Workmanship, component quality, pricing and level/tier structure being most interesting.
The pin scene is soooo........... stale at the moment.
We could use some tongue wagging
Pinside always provides nice constructive feedback for the manufacturers Mostly........... Sometimes

#8408 3 years ago

How about which game is as complete as RAZA and is not MG or Alice? and who is the designer.

Quoted from RA77:

Hey Jeff,
I would be super happy for you to ask Robert to show some teaser pictures or drop ANY names of ANY future titles in the works please. Apart from Raza, MG and Alice of course. oh and that one that went sideways, old windows pin ?
Would also like to know what title/s Dennis was working on and how complete it/they got ?
Big ask here,,,,,,, Some..../ Any...... game specifications that show why Deeproot Pinball will have an edge over the existing competition ?
Workmanship, component quality, pricing and level/tier structure being most interesting.
The pin scene is soooo........... stale at the moment.
We could use some tongue wagging
Pinside always provides nice constructive feedback for the manufacturers Mostly........... Sometimes

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Jeff... TWIP; questions re: RAZA and other titles, that were going to be available / disclosed, weren't asked or addressed Curious, why not?

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Jeff... TWIP; questions re: RAZA and other titles, that were going to be available / disclosed, weren't asked or addressed Curious, why not?

A couple reasons, but the main one was that I got sidetracked by doing the COVID article so it got put on the back burner for now.

#8411 3 years ago

Can someone post some pics of these games. Please.

#8412 3 years ago
20190803_181304[1] (resized).jpg20190803_181304[1] (resized).jpg
#8413 3 years ago

Is this out or is it in the works. I may have to go in debt

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is this out or is it in the works. I may have to go in debt

No games have been revealed yet for sale.

#8415 3 years ago

That’s quite an old check

#8416 3 years ago

How much were your NSF fees on that cheque?

#8418 3 years ago

Two Thoughts:

1) Regarding the Kaneda RM interview.

Deeproot had to approve the release of the interview before Kaneda could put it up. Normally, Kaneda puts up his episodes the same or next day that he records them. With the Robert interview, it was several days later before it was posted. The only reason he would take that long to post the podcast is if he was waiting on DR's approval. That would also explain why Kaneda didn't follow-up on questionable statements, and why he didn't give Robert any pushback whatsoever. And instead posted his rebuttals (as limited as they were) in a separate follow-up episode. One that wouldn't require DR's approvals.

For all K-mans talk of telling it like it is, and not shilling for manufacturers, Kaneda did compromise those values in order to get the Robert interview.

Which brings me to the next question.

2) Why is Kaneda the only podcaster that Robert will allow to interview him? It seems like a strange choice to me. Especially when there are, or were, several other podcasts that have close to Chris' numbers. And there are so many people that refuse to listen to Kaneda on principle. You'd think RM would want to capture as large an audience as possible and at least hit up one or two other shows. Also, RM doesn't go on pinside because he says it's a sewer, and yet Kaneda was one of the biggest trolls on pinside before he was banned. Seems weird to allow a former pinside-troll to interview you, when people like Chris are why RM left pinside in the first place. Strange. I find RM and Kaneda's entire relationship to be strange.

Anyone have any additional insight into any of this, or into how RM and Kaneda got hooked up in the first place, or why RM doesn't go on TPN, or Loserkid, ect.?

#8419 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone have any additional insight into any of this, or into how RM and Kaneda got hooked up in the first place,

It was online dating. They have now moved in together. This may just be a rumor....

#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Two Thoughts:
Deeproot had to approve the release of the interview before Kaneda could put it up. Normally, Kaneda puts up his episodes the same or next day that he records them. With the Robert interview, it was several days later before it was posted. The only reason he would take that long to post the podcast is if he was waiting on DR's approval. That would also explain why Kaneda didn't follow-up on questionable statements, and why he didn't give Robert any pushback whatsoever. And instead posted his rebuttals (as limited as they were) in a separate follow-up episode. One that wouldn't require DR's approvals.
For all K-mans talk of telling it like it is, and not shilling for manufacturers, Kaneda did compromise those values in order to get the Robert interview.
Which brings me to the next question.
2) Why is Kaneda the only podcaster that Robert will allow to interview him? It seems like a strange choice to me. Especially when there are, or were, several other podcasts that have close to Chris' numbers. And there are so many people that refuse to listen to Kaneda on principle. You'd think RM would want to capture as large an audience as possible and at least hit up one or two other shows. Also, RM doesn't go on pinside because he says it's a sewer, and yet Kaneda was one of the biggest trolls on pinside before he was banned. Seems weird to allow a former pinside-troll to interview you, when people like Chris are why RM left pinside in the first place. Strange. I find RM and Kaneda's entire relationship to be strange.
Anyone have any additional insight into any of this, or into how RM and Kaneda got hooked up in the first place, or why RM doesn't go on TPN, or Loserkid, ect.?

No offense but that's a lot of speculation on your part and most of it I don't believe to be true or I just flat out disagree with it. Maybe someone else wants to respond in detail but it's way too much for me.

#8421 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Two Thoughts:
Deeproot had to approve the release of the interview before Kaneda could put it up. Normally, Kaneda puts up his episodes the same or next day that he records them. With the Robert interview, it was several days later before it was posted.
2) Why is Kaneda the only podcaster that Robert will allow to interview him?

Is that so?

As I remember, that Interview came on the day he announced it and Robert was interviewed by a couple of podcasts and sites, via mail or "live"; from eclectic games, looser kid, twip...

With the assumptions allready lacking the interpretation has no basis.

#8422 3 years ago

Deeproot are now officially the catfish.
Bottom feeder in the pond.
Going to be hard enough to keep the big 3 open and going over the next 18 month.
NIB pinball going to take a massive hit.
Regardless of everyone's hopes, the fears are more the reality.
Location play, taking a serious hit. Quarter drop for location will take a bit, possibly 2 years to come back to normal. Those quarters buy new pins.
Average consumer just isnt going to have excess money for a luxury hobby. Yacht and diamond sales will be down to.
RAZA is a blah game. Not bad, not a hit. Sales will be under 300.
Europe, not buying games for at least 3-5 years. Much worse across pond with smaller population and less money.
It just couldn't be a worse time to be a pinball company making machines.
Just ask Jersey Jack.

#8423 3 years ago

Location play, taking a serious hit. Quarter drop for location will take a bit, possibly 2 years to come back to normal. Those quarters buy new pins.

It'll be at least a year before there's a hope for a vaccine, and at least 2 years for a cure (according to bill gates who is in touch with the worldwide health organization). Even IF people were willing to wear masks, you're still touching a public item that others have touched (and probably not washed their hands), not to mention drinking and pinball go together (can't drink with a mask). Since routed games make up for roughly half of sales, that's a BIG hit. Ask any operator, none of them are buying games (and the ones they have on pre-order are getting resold).

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It'll be at least a year before there's a hope for a vaccine, and at least 2 years for a cure (according to bill gates who is in touch with the worldwide health organization). Even IF people were willing to wear masks, you're still touching a public item that others have touched (and probably not washed their hands), not to mention drinking and pinball go together (can't drink with a mask). Since routed games make up for roughly half of sales, that's a BIG hit. Ask any operator, none of them are buying games (and the ones they have on pre-order are getting resold).

Yep going to be tough for these companies no question. I need to invest in a company making those beer straw helmets.....lol

#8425 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No offense but that's a lot of speculation on your part and most of it I don't believe to be true or I just flat out disagree with it. Maybe someone else wants to respond in detail but it's way too much for me.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is that so?
As I remember, that Interview came on the day he announced it and Robert was interviewed by a couple of podcasts and sites, via mail or "live"; from eclectic games, looser kid, twip...
With the assumptions allready lacking the interpretation has no basis.

So if I was totally out-of-whack with my post on the latest Robert interview, then I am happy to be corrected! But when in recent times has Robert been on any other podcasts? Kaneda is the only person that's done a full audio-interview with Robert for at least 6 months, as far as I am aware. Has RM been on other shows in the last 6 months? If he has, then I stand corrected, and would greatly appreciate a link or time-frame for the other interviews. And I'm aware that he was interviewed in a limited fashion by the TWIP website, regarding COVID. Have they done a longform interview with RM recently? Either way, I was specifically speaking of podcast interviews in my previous post.

As far as speculation goes, my only point of speculation was Kaneda having to get approval from DR to release the episode. This was based on logical reasoning, and on things that Kaneda posted and said. I was under the impression that the interview was recorded sometime on April 8th, and posted on April 10th. I could have misinterpreted things though, and again if that's not the case, then I apologize.

Everything else I said about finding it strange that RM would choose Kaneda for his audio interviews stands. And Kaneda WAS a huge troll on pinside. This isn't opinion, it's fact, and you can look it up if you don't believe me. So again, I'm not seeing speculation here. And if you listen to Kaneda's interview and his follow-up episode, he is much gentler with RM and DR than he's been with any other manufacturer. So again, I'm not really sure how crazy uniformed and speculative my post was. But I am happy to be corrected. I'd rather be wrong, but informed, than blindly right.

#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So if I was totally out-of-whack with my post on the latest Robert interview, then I am happy to be corrected! But when in recent times has Robert been on any other podcasts? Kaneda is the only person that's done a full audio-interview with Robert for at least 6 months, as far as I am aware. Has RM been on other shows in the last 6 months? If he has, then I stand corrected, and would greatly appreciate a link or time-frame for the other interviews. And I'm aware that he was interviewed in a limited fashion by the TWIP website, regarding COVID. Have they done a longform interview with RM recently? Either way, I was specifically speaking of podcast interviews in my previous post.
As far as speculation goes, my only point of speculation was Kaneda having to get approval from DR to release the episode. This was based on logical reasoning, and on things that Kaneda posted and said. I was under the impression that the interview was recorded sometime on April 8th, and posted on April 10th. I could have misinterpreted things though, and again if that's not the case, then I apologize.
Everything else I said about finding it strange that RM would choose Kaneda for his audio interviews stands. And Kaneda WAS a huge troll on pinside. This isn't opinion, it's fact, and you can look it up if you don't believe me. So again, I'm not seeing speculation here. And if you listen to Kaneda's interview and his follow-up episode, he is much gentler with RM and DR than he's been with any other manufacturer. So again, I'm not really sure how crazy uniformed and speculative my post was. But I am happy to be corrected. I'd rather be wrong, but informed, than blindly right.

I'd guess there is no recent long live interview with Robert since there really is nothing to share.

But there were kinda recent interviews with him Pre-TPF, when he showed the prototype and he himself said that he'll now go radio silent till the TPF reveal... wich kinda blew up thanks to Corona.

Kaneda is usually pretty nice in his interviews, wich is just how you're supposed to behave. The "attacking" comes later.
But even here: We're pretty much trough it all, altough people here won't stop.
Everything shitty against Deeproot, Robert, JPop has been said a quadrillion times, now it's just wait and see what, if anything, will happen.

And it's not the first time for him that the interview partner has to greenlight the interview.
When he did an interview with Jared, Stern didn't greenlight it, maybe one reason more for him to "behave" in the interviews.

And in addition, do you think RM would like to give an interview to TPN, with Zach being a distributor and Deeproot not wanting to sell via distributors?
Kaneda can at least be borderline enthusiastic (in both ways), wich he has proven by buying a magic girl.

#8427 3 years ago

Going to be hard enough to keep the big 3 open and going over the next 18 month.

The big 3? Honestly, there is only a big 1 with everyone else fighting for the scraps.

#8428 3 years ago

Good news is Deeproot has been paying out for a long time. They are used to this problem. A downsize for the virus will cut some cost and they'll be back when it's done. Raza will be better than expected, and the other games will kick ass.

War Deeproot!
War Jpop designs!

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

said that he'll now go radio silent till the TPF reveal.

Hey but on the upside, his ass is now covered until TPF 2021, because it's "until TPF reveal"...right?

The person I feel the worst for in all of this is Steve Bowden. I'm utterly fascinated to know exactly what they showed or told him to make him up and quit his career for a non-proven company that so far has barely managed to produce more than hot air. I wanted to believe that him going there was going to be the start of more stuff coming out for people to see but ah......nope. Same old cloak and dagger BS, don't look behind the curtains. Any faith I had that DR is legit went in the crapper when they didn't have any kind of online video after it was known TPF wouldn't be happening. Now just waiting to see who gets suckered bigtime, for the third time since I've been in the hobby.

#8430 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Any faith I had that DR is legit went in the crapper when they didn't have any kind of online video after it was known TPF wouldn't be happening.

We allready had that discussion: What would revealling anything be worth if you can't ship games?
Did it help American Pinball that Hot Wheels os out of the bag and excitement kinda died off allready?
STern did cancel the Heavy Metal reveal as well and you can bet their next game would usually have been allready annaounced allready.

Everyone want's to see stuff rather sooner then later but it just makes no sense at the moment.

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We allready had that discussion: What would revealling anything be worth if you can't ship games?
Did it help American Pinball that Hot Wheels os out of the bag and excitement kinda died off allready?
STern did cancel the Heavy Metal reveal as well and you can bet their next game would usually have been allready annaounced allready.
Everyone want's to see stuff rather sooner then later but it just makes no sense at the moment.

Well, for one thing, it would shut people like me up, that just want to see if they're even PLANNING anything that I'd want to throw money down on... And they've had like...um...three years...? This isn't a coronavirus issue. It's a poor business management issue. They don't have anything to show, that's why there was no announcement. Almost guaranteed that the TPF announcement was ONLY going to cover RAZA and dick-all-else, and they've not even tried to make it seem otherwise.

I'm still looking forward to playing Hot Wheels, as I know at least one of my local places already had purchased one. If excitement has died down...it's because nobody's been able to play the damn thing, which has very little to do with AP's business decisions. That's a pretty big difference to me. I expect that AP, if they walk out the other side of this, will have games to ship and projects in development. Can't really say the same for DR.

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well, for one thing, it would shut people like me up, that just want to see if they're even PLANNING anything that I'd want to throw money down on... And they've had like...um...three years...? This isn't a coronavirus issue. It's a poor business management issue. They don't have anything to show, that's why there was no announcement. Almost guaranteed that the TPF announcement was ONLY going to cover RAZA and dick-all-else, and they've not even tried to make it seem otherwise.
I'm still looking forward to playing Hot Wheels, as I know at least one of my local places already had purchased one. If excitement has died down...it's because nobody's been able to play the damn thing, which has very little to do with AP's business decisions. That's a pretty big difference to me. I expect that AP, if they walk out the other side of this, will have games to ship and projects in development. Can't really say the same for DR.

You have no idea what they were going to reveal, and the problem with the reveal was 100% the virus.

#8433 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You have no idea what they were going to reveal, and the problem with the reveal was 100% the virus.

Ah, and which DR employee are you, again? So...what's the holdup now? We all clearly have access to this thing called the internet. I guess it's harder to wave your dick around like the Next Messiah of Pinball when you can't stand directly in front of 200 people, but that's not really what's preventing them from saying anything.

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ah, and which DR employee are you, again? So...what's the holdup now? We all clearly have access to this thing called the internet. I guess it's harder to wave your dick around like the Next Messiah of Pinball when you can't stand directly in front of 200 people, but that's not really what's preventing them from saying anything.

What would you like to hear them say and What would anyone actually believe?? The entire pinball world is on pause, they will or won’t make games when the world gets back to some form of normal.

#8435 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well, for one thing, it would shut people like me up

That's impossible.

#8436 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's impossible.

Not...really? I've been put in my place plenty of times. But it's going to take more than some fanboy of a barely-existent company to do it.

Quoted from Yelobird:

What would you like to hear them say and What would anyone actually believe?? The entire pinball world is on pause, they will or won’t make games when the world gets back to some form of normal.

Is it going to matter to you what my answer is? Should I have even the tiniest sliver of faith that I can present a coherent point on this board without it turning into a flamewar? Why would I even attempt to answer that at this point.....figure it out on your own, make your own decisions. There's definitely things they could have said that would've made sense to me, and that's as far down that road as I care to go.

Worth noting, seems like their website is down, but I did see this on their domain record:

Updated Date: 2020-04-24T00:31:17Z

Probably just taking a while for the new DNS information to propagate since the record was updated 2 days ago, but I can't access their site from PC or my phone. Wouldn't necessarily read anything into it, just presenting the information.

#8437 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Not...really? I've been put in my place plenty of times. But it's going to take more than some fanboy of a barely-existent company to do it.

Is it going to matter to you what my answer is? Should I have even the tiniest sliver of faith that I can present a coherent point on this board without it turning into a flamewar? Why would I even attempt to answer that at this point.....figure it out on your own, make your own decisions. There's definitely things they could have said that would've made sense to me, and that's as far down that road as I care to go.
Worth noting, seems like their website is down, but I did see this on their domain record:
Updated Date: 2020-04-24T00:31:17Z
Probably just taking a while for the new DNS information to propagate since the record was updated 2 days ago, but I can't access their site from PC or my phone. Wouldn't necessarily read anything into it, just presenting the information.

Honestly I wasn’t actually Trying to be sarcastic with you. More, even if they did Say something would we Believe it. Not a question of your opinion. Your a good dude no punches for you.

#8438 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sure... if you just roll to the new goal line and ignore their previous goals

#8439 3 years ago

I’m taking a wild guess on this one, but maybe they are holding off showing anything because what they are planning on showing won’t display well unless in person.

I’ve thought for a while that DR was going to be releasing games that used augmented reality (AR) to enhance the physical gameplay.
Sounds odd, but think something like pin2000, but rather then a CRT monitor putting an image on the glass, you’ll have glasses you are wearing that add movement and toys to the playfield, at least to the vision of whoever is wearing the glasses.
If the game was fully physical (ball, flippers, basic art) but it’s main groundbreaking feature was AR then it would be lame to launch this via streaming since you couldn’t show off the AR attributes.
This may be why they were putting so much emphasis on a live launch with people in front of it to see and play it.
And may also be why the prototype units they had on display had so many poorly built 3D printed pieces on it. Maybe those aren’t even suppose to physically be there, maybe those would be imposed by the AR unit??? And given movement by the AR into??? And the 3D printed ones were truly “placeholders”.

A company building AR units in my hometown displayed a black knight 2000 with AR hooked to it. I didn’t get to play it, so I’m not sure how the AR interacted with the game. But I do know it was a fully functional BK2000 and it had a AR headset wired into it.

Here’s to hoping that whatever, and whenever, they release something that it knocks it out of the park.

#8440 3 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I’m taking a wild guess on this one, but maybe they are holding off showing anything because what they are planning on showing won’t display well unless in person.
I’ve thought for a while that DR was going to be releasing games that used augmented reality (AR) to enhance the physical gameplay.
Sounds odd, but think something like pin2000, but rather then a CRT monitor putting an image on the glass, you’ll have glasses you are wearing that add movement and toys to the playfield, at least to the vision of whoever is wearing the glasses.
If the game was fully physical (ball, flippers, basic art) but it’s main groundbreaking feature was AR then it would be lame to launch this via streaming since you couldn’t show off the AR attributes.
This may be why they were putting so much emphasis on a live launch with people in front of it to see and play it.
And may also be why the prototype units they had on display had so many poorly built 3D printed pieces on it. Maybe those aren’t even suppose to physically be there, maybe those would be imposed by the AR unit??? And given movement by the AR into??? And the 3D printed ones were truly “placeholders”.
A company building AR units in my hometown displayed a black knight 2000 with AR hooked to it. I didn’t get to play it, so I’m not sure how the AR interacted with the game. But I do know it was a fully functional BK2000 and it had a AR headset wired into it.
Here’s to hoping that whatever, and whenever, they release something that it knocks it out of the park.

You mean like this??

I see this as Waaaay better than wearing some lame arse goggles, and spectators not being able to see what is going on. Deeproot is missing the boat to the innovation party....

#8441 3 years ago

The site still appears to be down. Definitely not the best sign of a healthy company.

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You mean like this??

I see this as Waaaay better than wearing some lame arse goggles, and spectators not being able to see what is going on. Deeproot is missing the boat to the innovation party....

How does this work?It reminds me of what I liked about Zen Pinball

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Honestly I wasn’t actually Trying to be sarcastic with you. More, even if they did Say something would we Believe it. Not a question of your opinion. Your a good dude no punches for you.

All good man. Figuring out tone from text is spotty at best!

Quoted from jeep-mustang:

That's an interesting idea, and would definitely be something I'd consider a fair point to delay on. I could even see why they wouldn't want to say what the delay is at that point, competitive advantage and all that jazz. Pity we're just speculating, though.

#8444 3 years ago

Ask how sales on Hot Wheels are going. I would imagine they are dismal at best. Revealing a pin right now online is dumb idea for any company. To put this in the "deeproot is failing" pile just isn't fair.

#8445 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How does this work?It reminds me of what I liked about Zen Pinball

Basically just pinball 2k ... except implimented in a way that does not count out half of a pinball playfield. This guy certainly has some smart and original ideas ....

#8446 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ask how sales on Hot Wheels are going. I would imagine they are dismal at best. Revealing a pin right now online is dumb idea for any company. To put this in the "deeproot is failing" pile just isn't fair.

Rick And Morty sold out but that was before and how far behind are they?. How sold is heavy metal? Sterns other games on the line?

Hot Wheels Very bad timeing.

Deeproot waited to long?

#8447 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Rick And Morty sold out but that was before and how far behind are they?. How sold is heavy metal? Sterns other games on the line?
Hot Wheels Very bad timeing.
Deeproot waited to long?

JJP...who really cares???

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

JJP...who really cares???

Bad time to move the factory?

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Bad time to move the factory?

I don’t know I would think they could still be having a crew setting up the new place to some extent

#8450 3 years ago

Unless the financial backing for both JJP and AP decide to absorb the hit...they will both go under this year. As far as deeproot goes, they will either continue to show they can operate in the red longer or they too may call it quits and never even launch. Stern has a ton of overhead which could be problematic as well. Spooky should be good at least thru the production of R&M...and then? Unfortunately, I do think there will be a thinning of the herd when it comes to manufacturers. Interesting times ahead for sure...I wish all in the business of pinball the best of luck...I’m pulling for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.