• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 669.
#8301 3 years ago
3w6j3a (resized).jpg3w6j3a (resized).jpg
#8302 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like it’s not a victory for the peasants yet!
Great to see all the jobs and opportunity created along with some hopefully great pins
Here’s hoping DR makes their rich arrogant investors a shit load of $$$!

What jobs, I've been waiting for job announcements since November when they told me where and when to look, I have it set to notify me, so far ... nothing

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Now it’s blurry . They should spread their market product infos... I don’t know why they don’t go online. I don’t get their strategy... maybe it’s just me.

Similar tactics have been used many, many times. They are red flags that at best signal the entity using them is facing significant challenges.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

#8304 3 years ago

Enjoyed the interview, appreciated Roberts new attitude, although I still think he is full of BS! Some of his answers are comical, first off, 9 games a year?? Hello Robert, Kaneda was trying to give you an opportunity to earn back some respect. Secondly, A license that is harder than Harry Potter to get? Hello Robert, there is no license that is harder to get, especially not Fast and Furious. Third, just admit that RAZA is no where near done. You continue to lose credibility because you stretch the true beyond a reasonable point. Lastly, stop acting like there is some big mystery regarding your innovative platform. We all know it’s swappable playfields!

Nice job Kaneda, I agree with you, it doesn’t make sense to attack Robert, in fact, it would be foolish. Roberts is clearly similar to JPOP, he is trapped in his own imaginary world.

#8305 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I hope the interview sum up will not be: there is crisis, there is no date plan, we have the best products, wait for it... and everything is under control.
At least, DR give us a new date and go online!

I just listened to the interview. I think I was not too far... : we have great projets, working on big licence, RAZA is only our show room but will be the only title available you have to play it to buy it (WTF...).
It could be almost like it was good for them to get more time for developement. They were ready for nine titles a year but can’t show even the first one. Now: no date, no plan, nothing.
I can’t say that I wouldn’t like to see their title, I hope them the best, but some things sounds wrong...

#8306 3 years ago

So for anyone that doesn't like to listen (understand) or read long texts, here is the drama-free but still pinside-specifically tailored excerpt:

They "shrunk/ focus" their business endeavours mainly down to pinball to get that out of the door and with Corona months before allready shutting down supply chains they allready were kinda struggling (to get that boards built locally for instance) with their launch.

But with china getting back to business Deeproot intends to launch as soon at this Corona thing will let it seem reasonable.
(The intention seems to be to cash in on us "starving for something new and still wealthy" buyers, before anyone else does.)
"Reasonable" defined as: Being able to build and ship these things wich, as noone noticed, is kind of hard with cut supply chains and people (workers) on lockdown.

The original plan for march was different (launching with multiple titles), but since noone knows how the market will behave after Corona, Deeproot will only launch with an intentional small (limited?) run of RAZA, wich will come in 2 flavors with 2 art packages each.

-

I'm still looking forward to it.

That "shrunk" thing most likely has more to do with cutting expenses then real focussing, but in itself is no reason to panic.
In this situation it's just the logical thing to continue with the stuff that is nearest to the finish line.

#8307 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"RAZA was never meant to be launch title" -- Then why did they make it first? His bailout of JPOP customers wasn't a promise to deliver RAZA... they simply promised 'deeproot' titles.
From his original FAQ - "The Goodwill Terms refer to Claimant's choice of a deeproot Tech machine generically. deeproot Tech plans to have multiple machines available for selection by the Delivery Date"
Upset if he has to make a lot of them? Why would the business guru make a title he never plans on make enough on to make good money on it? This sure sounds like rewriting history to me. "Oh RAZA isn't going to sell well? Thats fine.. I never wanted it to sell alot of them anyways..." OHHKAYY.. *rolleyes*
Doesn't want to 'clog production' with RAZA... yet in the same hour says he could make 9 titles a year... but doesn't have any other titles ready to go either. So what's it competing with?
Supply chain issues with China doesn't explain why the game isn't done - Didn't he chastise others in the past for shipping incomplete games?
A theme even bigger than Harry Potter... Yes, we have the best themes... the best! Everyone knows it... we have bigly themes...
'the person that posted here..' - I guess it wasn't an april fools joke huh? Funny how he needs lawyers involved instead of just saying "not true.." - why is it so complex to address?
"* Team ready to turn on production at a moments notice." -- lol... like we've never heard that before. It's not STARTING that is hard... it's doing it well. Everyone remember when Heighway 'started' production?
Look, not being able to ship games right now due to china... I get. But not having your game done? There is no one to blame but themselves. Just remember... he entered contracts to have MULTIPLE games *DONE* and ready to ship no later than June 2019.

Since Robert doesnt want to make more than 500 of RAZA, maybe its the cheap entry game to get the JPOP guys paid off, then the real fun/innovation begins?

#8308 3 years ago

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Your beard is impressive!

#8310 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Since Robert doesnt want to make more than 500 of RAZA, maybe its the cheap entry game to get the JPOP guys paid off, then the real fun/innovation begins?

Yes. In a previous interview it’s what he said : a first entry title. Doesn’t mean it will not great and comparing with what...

#8311 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The original plan for march was different (launching with multiple titles), but since noone knows how the market will behave after Corona, Deeproot will only launch with an intentional small (limited?) run of RAZA, wich will come in 2 flavors with 2 art packages each.

#8312 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

What jobs, I've been waiting for job announcements since November when they told me where and when to look, I have it set to notify me, so far ... nothing

There are people currently on the payroll?

Obviously they aren’t making pins yet.

I Guess you will have to have a little patience given the current environment

#8313 3 years ago

Must be kind of a sad time for the “peasants” waiting for their $8k pins to be delivered.

Tough life I know

Last time I checked this isn’t a Bricks and Mortar thread

Trolls need to stick to your happy talk

#8314 3 years ago

A real show of good faith would be deeproot delivering gourmet meals to all those whose free trip to the seminar and buffet got cancelled.

#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A real show of good faith would be deeproot delivering gourmet meals to all those whose free trip to the seminar and buffet got cancelled.

I think you should pay for it since you are so concerned troll

Why don’t you mix up a batch of chili and send it out to the needy pinball “peasants”

#8316 3 years ago

As soon as all that extra money the president is sending me for doing nothing over the next couple months arrives, I may have to do something like that.

#8317 3 years ago

Someone in this thread is drunk, but I won't tell you who it is!

On a sidenote:
Just saw Citroen (French cars) announced a 6000 bucks (including tax) electric car, a month or so ago,...
...so with a new car being cheaper then a Stern Pro costs here, I think my interrests suddenly have suddenly shifted a bit.

#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

trip to the seminar and buffet got cancelled.

One thing for sure. Since the beginning of Deeproot. All the things that were embellished, or didn't happen. The one thing you can't blame them for is the private party they planned.

Invited people. Provided them with air fare and passes to the event. Probably already lined up food and stuff. Etc. Etc.

That event being canceled was out of their control. No one could see that coming. Not fair to any manufacturer, attendees, fans, anyone directly involved. To have the rug pulled out from under them by a virus.

I'm sorry for Deeproot, the people excited about going. And pinball fans, because at some point we may have gotten more news or pictures.

A terrible day for anyone that was excited about the event.

LTG : (

#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Someone in this thread is drunk, but I won't tell you who it is!
On a sidenote:
Just saw Citroen (French cars) announced a 6000 bucks (including tax) electric car, a month or so ago,...
...so with a new car being cheaper then a Stern Pro costs here, I think my interrests suddenly have suddenly shifted a bit.

It`s Scheissman

#8320 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As soon as all that extra money the president is sending me for doing nothing over the next couple months arrives, I may have to do something like that.

Your's do this now too?

I suddenly have all this money and needs pinballz but everything is closed!!!

#8321 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

It`s Scheissman

Is that Icemans real name?

Oh, wait know I... feel dumb. XD

It's late.

#8322 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One thing for sure. Since the beginning of Deeproot. All the things that were embellished, or didn't happen. The one thing you can't blame them for is the private party they planned.
Invited people. Provided them with air fare and passes to the event. Probably already lined up food and stuff. Etc. Etc.
That event being canceled was out of their control. No one could see that coming. Not fair to any manufacturer, attendees, fans, anyone directly involved. To have the rug pulled out from under them by a virus.
I'm sorry for Deeproot, the people excited about going. And pinball fans, because at some point we may have gotten more news or pictures.

LTG, I feel far worse for your situation or others like yours than any multimillion dollar company making non essential items, or those expecting a free trip. Or any multimillionaires in general.

Hope you can ride out this storm unscathed.

#8323 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

LTG, I feel far worse for your situation or others like yours than any multimillion dollar company making non essential items, or those expecting a free trip. Or any multimillionaires in general.
Hope you can ride out this storm unscathed.

Go troll some other thread

It’s a Deeproot pinball thread

All the usual downvote crew. No surprise there

#8324 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One of the truly good guys. LTG

I don’t get haters that root for failure

Actually I do get it. Not hard to figure out

Keep up the faith Lloyd

#8325 3 years ago

It's not hard to root for modest, helpful, and humble guys like LTG at all.

#8326 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's not hard to root for modest, helpful, and humble guys like LTG at all.

This is a Deeproot pinball thread

Humble Lloyd hopes for the success in everybody. Maybe you should pay attention to what he just said and stop trolling

Can’t even come into a thread about something people like myself have an actual hopeful positive outcome without the usual crap

#8327 3 years ago

In certain times it is better to hope that everybody can just survive.

This is a deeproot thread.

#8328 3 years ago
EC302AF0-D61F-4080-B119-5754C0B52F5A (resized).jpegEC302AF0-D61F-4080-B119-5754C0B52F5A (resized).jpeg
#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Just saw Citroen ... 6000 bucks (including tax) electric car...

I wish Citroën all manner of success with the Ami, but when I hear the price, all I can see is...

Citroen-2cv-1960 (resized).jpgCitroen-2cv-1960 (resized).jpg
#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

I wish Citroën all manner of success with the Ami, but when I hear the price, all I can see is...[quoted image]

Renault brought the Dacia for 5000, that actually was a descent comfortable car (but very unefficient).

I assume you have to „rent“ the Battery like with the Twizy, if not 6000€ is a steal! - At least if you allready have two cars in the family.

#8331 3 years ago

Lol @ the past 15 hours of this thread.

#8332 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lol @ the past 15 hours of this thread.

Wait until Ice is back awake and drunk!

#8333 3 years ago

Drinking? No way dudes, I’m gonna have what you are having. Roll up some tasty Doobies and fire up the crack pipe later!

Should be fun times

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drinking? No way dudes, I’m gonna have what you are having. Roll up some tasty Doobies and fire up the crack pipe later!
Should be fun times

Crack is wack dude.

#8335 3 years ago
3w9wge (resized).jpg3w9wge (resized).jpg
#8336 3 years ago

I can’t be the only one who noticed that the longhorns Logo looks just like that diagram of the female reproductive parts they showed us in sex Ed in 5th grade, right?

I’m assuming they have sex Ed in Texas?

#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Day two they show the movie Brokeback Mountain.

#8338 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can’t be the only one who noticed that the longhorns Logo looks just like that diagram of the female reproductive parts they showed us in sex Ed in 5th grade, right?

What for? It's right outside, and your parents have to explain it. "Some mornings you could walk out of Grandma Hale's back door and every living thing you could see was screwing, with the exception of the people." -Leon Hale, Texas writer.

Not Christmas longhorn (resized).jpgNot Christmas longhorn (resized).jpg
#8339 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think he runs TPF. @ed_in_texas

#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Day two they show the movie Brokeback Mountain.

You already on the puff Odin?

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s the average in Cali? $100 a week seems a bit steep!!!

Free here dude.

But I am considering investing my stimulus money in deeproot

This is a deeproot thread.
DSCN6780 (resized).JPGDSCN6780 (resized).JPG

#8344 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Free here dude.
But I am considering investing my stimulus money in deeproot
This is a deepmroot thread.
[quoted image]

Lol. Yeah there is still a few slots open I’m sure

Could be the next Stern Pinball? Look how much money those rich dudes have made investing in Pinball

You ought to roll your entire retirement into Deeproot stock!

Even though he’s acted like an arrogant prick at times and brought a lot of this on himself there is some great talent at DR

#8345 3 years ago

You know I still love you Ice.

And for some reason I just can't quit you.

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You know I still love you Ice.
And for some reason I just can't quit you.

love you too brother!

#8347 3 years ago

It was nice to have someone besides myself to drink with last night.

#8348 3 years ago

Out here in Cali, we don't always have quite the fun you longhorns do when we drink.

It was a nice change of pace.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even though he’s acted like an arrogant prick at times

Don't we all?

Besides that: He is a lawyer, he is obligated to be a prick.

#8350 3 years ago

I'm a very patient man.

So I'm hoping for the big Sledge Hammer! reveal by Christmas now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.