• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 669.
#8251 3 years ago

Paging Elbert Hubbard...

#8252 3 years ago

I look at most investments like a trip to Las Vegas.

Upfront it is known you are taking a gamble. There is a chance you might win.

But it is when you leave Las Vegas with empty pockets that you will show your true colors.

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nice jab when things are down and people’s jobs are at stake. Any other jokes?
I really don’t think it’s entertaining at all when investors are losing money and people are getting laid off
Pathetic

Quoted from iceman44:

Nice jab when things are down and people’s jobs are at stake. Any other jokes?
I really don’t think it’s entertaining at all when investors are losing money and people are getting laid off
Pathetic

I love seeing the arrogant rich get fucked once in awhile. They are stupid investors if they knew they were investing in a pinball startup

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I love seeing the arrogant rich get fucked once in awhile. They are stupid investors if they knew they were investing in a pinball startup

It's nice when the ordinary peasants can celebrate a moment of glory, isn't it?

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pathetically, yes haha

#8256 3 years ago

After 8256 posts we still don't know if we ever can buy a deeproot game.

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

After 8256 posts we still don't know if we ever can buy a deeproot game.

Well said. They say they will go online, maybe soon, maybe next months, maybe next year, maybe never...

#8258 3 years ago

At this point don't they legally owe some people games? Their agreement kept people from going after JPop for their money.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Count De Monet - Sir, the peasants are revolting!
King Louis - You said it. They stink on ice.

#8260 3 years ago

At this point Deeproot is in Deepshit.Dug themselves a deephole with delays do to arrogance and poor marketing.
Logo and name along showed that they didn't have the pulse of pinball in the 21st century.
Now Nordman skips town as a tell tale of a company similar to Highway pinball. When the money is gone, so is Dennis.

#8261 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Now Nordman skips town as a tale tell of a company similar to Highway pinball. When the money is gone, so is Dennis.

He's like the canary in the coal mine.

#8262 3 years ago

K man is saying that he will have Robert on his podcast Friday

#8263 3 years ago

Has K in the past lobbed softballs? Robert seems comfortable going there.

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He definitely didn't press him that hard, but maybe he will this time around? who knows

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Full on batting practice !

#8266 3 years ago

I think it was his show where the "my money" quote came from and went unexplored.

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Full on batting practice !

Yeah, because pinball media is chock-full of hard-throwing interviewers.

#8268 3 years ago

Its pinball podcast not a 60 Minutes ambush. I don't always agree with Kaneda but I always find him entertaining. Maybe I'm the only one that notices but his unfiltered, quips from the Id, I find hysterical. Better than the subject matter sometimes. I'm looking forward to his Friday show.

#8269 3 years ago

Last time K-man interviewed Robert, no one expected Chris to rude to Robert, or give Robert a grilling. But it would have been nice if Chris would have followed up on some of Robert's answers. Like the "It's my money." comment or the "Pinside is a Sewer." comment. Both of those statements definitely deserved some response. I think Chris could have found a way to be respectful but also not just give Robert a free-pass on everything that he said. Oh well, we'll see what Friday brings.

#8270 3 years ago

I hope the interview sum up will not be: there is crisis, there is no date plan, we have the best products, wait for it... and everything is under control.

At least, DR give us a new date and go online!

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

unfiltered

Like an unfiltered fish tank?

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

comment or the "Pinside is a Sewer." comment.

Yeah, that was far too nice if I read around here!

#8273 3 years ago

Listened to k-show. Summary:

* Covid shutdown china supply chain, had to re-shop for parts domestically for higher cost
* Boards for 15 games JUST came in from local supplier
* Were going to see multiple versions of RAZA
* They were going to have a physical version of 3d space cadet, but had to retheme because nobody from EA games and microsoft wanted to deal with the license. It's going to have hollywood CGI graphics, and the plan is to release that in 2021
* First RAZA's would have been delivered early April
* RAZA was never meant to be launch title. They don't want to clog production, want to move onto the next game. Robert will be upset if he has to make more than 500 of them.
* Sales Chain - direct sales is cheaper (domestically). International - distribution partners
* How much has changed on RAZA since houston show? Ramp has been adjusted (not as steep). Code had to be adjusted because of it. Playfield and cabinet art changed. There will be 4 art packages (2 space themed, two nuclear green).
* 6-8 modes programmed
* Robert sometimes loses passion working on multi-industry for 2.5 years now. Gets re-invigorated everytime he plays RAZA because he's proud of what they were able to create from scratch.
* Respects Gerry from multimorphic for pushing the envelope
* JPOP has other games he's working on besides alice in wonderland and magic girl that are less complex that will likely come out first
* Dennis Nordman left in December. He had several titles he was working on. Robert won't talk about the departure.
* Robert said before covid-19 he would have been able to put out 9 titles a year. Thinks all manufacturers are going to be pulling back on sales
* Team ready to turn on production at a moments notice.
* The person that posted about deeproot on here has been dealt with legally (hence the retraction)
* Streaming not a good way to reveal games. Needs to be hands on
* JPOP is good at conceptualizing a concept and prototype a layout without spending a lot of money
* Barry is a workforce, could make a table every week if he wanted to.
* Dennis Nordman worked remotely in Chicago and only came down on occasion.. he develops a general layout and let's others fill in the blanks
* Robert originally had the hot wheels license, Jon Norris had an amazing layout for this theme. Robert is working on a license that's hotter and harder to get than harry potter that this layout is going to be used for
* There's 5 different areas with coding (narrative scripts), translated by steve bowden, then goes to allison and matt that scripts the code, then the code goes through an engine, then the unity frontend GUI is done by a separate studio.
* RAZA never leaves the 2 office locations, not even for Bowden.

deeproot image (resized).pngdeeproot image (resized).png
#8274 3 years ago

Major positive in this interview is that there were no big foot-in-mouth moments, and Robert was very complimentary of others in the industry and even his own employees. Kinder, gentler Robert is a more likeable Robert. Definitely a positive step in the right direction. He's also paying his employees during the shutdown.

#8275 3 years ago

He also mentioned Deeproot wanted the Hot Wheels theme.

#8276 3 years ago

9 titles a year- LOL

#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

* Covid shutdown china supply chain, had to re-shop for parts domestically for higher cost
* They were going to have a physical version of 3d space cadet, but had to retheme because nobody from EA games and microsoft wanted to deal with the license. It's going to have hollywood CGI graphics, and the plan is to release that in 2021
* RAZA was never meant to be launch title. They don't want to clog production, want to move onto the next game. Robert will be upset if he has to make more than 500 of them.
* Sales Chain - direct sales is cheaper (domestically). International - distribution partners
* How much has changed on RAZA since houston show? Ramp has been adjusted (not as steep). Code had to be adjusted because of it. Playfield and cabinet art changed. There will be 4 art packages (2 space themed, two nuclear green).
* 6-8 modes programmed
* Robert sometimes loses passion working on multi-industry for 2.5 years now. Gets re-invigorated everytime he plays RAZA because he's proud of what they were able to create from scratch.
* JPOP has other games he's working on besides alice in wonderland and magic girl that are less complex that will likely come out first
* Dennis Nordman left in December. He had several titles he was working on. Robert won't talk about the departure.
* Robert said before covid-19 he would have been able to put out 9 titles a year. Thinks all manufacturers are going to be pulling back on sales
* The person that posted about deeproot on here has been dealt with legally (hence the retraction)

Thanks.

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Major positive in this interview is that there were no big foot-in-mouth moments, and Robert was very complimentary of others in the industry and even his own employees. Kinder, gentler Robert is a more likeable Robert. Definitely a positive step in the right direction. He's also paying his employees during the shutdown.

Completely agree. Life has a way with beating us all down and its intelligent people that can learn and adapt. I agree this was Robert's finest moment so far and I have altered my attitude towards him and Deeproot. Kaneda asked some difficult questions while being respectful and Robert answered them appropriately.
I really enjoyed the show.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Completely agree. Life has a way with beating us all down and its intelligent people that learn and adapt. I agree this was Robert's finest moment so far and I have altered my attitude towards him and Deeproot. Kaneda asked some difficult questions while being respectful and Robert answered them appropriately.
I really enjoyed the show.

Agreed...I can definitely get behind Deeproot more now that Robert has decided to be a more positive and less egotistical figurehead of the company.

#8280 3 years ago

Streaming not a good way to reveal games. Needs to be hands on

I would agree, but until teleportation technology becomes common, streaming is the way almost everyone will see the game. So with that being the case, how do you make sure that it's the best reveal possible?

Pretending the people on the internet aren't there and focusing only on the in-person means lots of bad cell phone videos.

#8281 3 years ago

"RAZA was never meant to be launch title" -- Then why did they make it first? His bailout of JPOP customers wasn't a promise to deliver RAZA... they simply promised 'deeproot' titles.

From his original FAQ - "The Goodwill Terms refer to Claimant's choice of a deeproot Tech machine generically. deeproot Tech plans to have multiple machines available for selection by the Delivery Date"

Upset if he has to make a lot of them? Why would the business guru make a title he never plans on make enough on to make good money on it? This sure sounds like rewriting history to me. "Oh RAZA isn't going to sell well? Thats fine.. I never wanted it to sell alot of them anyways..." OHHKAYY.. *rolleyes*

Doesn't want to 'clog production' with RAZA... yet in the same hour says he could make 9 titles a year... but doesn't have any other titles ready to go either. So what's it competing with?

Supply chain issues with China doesn't explain why the game isn't done - Didn't he chastise others in the past for shipping incomplete games?

A theme even bigger than Harry Potter... Yes, we have the best themes... the best! Everyone knows it... we have bigly themes...

'the person that posted here..' - I guess it wasn't an april fools joke huh? Funny how he needs lawyers involved instead of just saying "not true.." - why is it so complex to address?

"* Team ready to turn on production at a moments notice." -- lol... like we've never heard that before. It's not STARTING that is hard... it's doing it well. Everyone remember when Heighway 'started' production?

Look, not being able to ship games right now due to china... I get. But not having your game done? There is no one to blame but themselves. Just remember... he entered contracts to have MULTIPLE games *DONE* and ready to ship no later than June 2019.

#8282 3 years ago

Still sounds to me like playfield display is one of the RAZA options. How many other ways are there for two playfield art package styles to suddenly become four different art packages?

Is it an accident that there are no inserts at all in the centre of the playfield?

One of the really great things about Heighway games.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Robert originally had the hot wheels license, Jon Norris had an amazing layout for this theme. Robert is working on a license that's hotter and harder to get than harry potter that this layout is going to be used for

Sounds like it could turn into the Fast and the Furious.

#8284 3 years ago

In case your wondering whats cropped out the image
art (resized).JPGart (resized).JPG

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I would agree, but until teleportation technology becomes common, streaming is the way almost everyone will see the game. So with that being the case, how do you make sure that it's the best reveal possible?
Pretending the people on the internet aren't there and focusing only on the in-person means lots of bad cell phone videos.

You do a promo with edited footage hyping up the assets, art, layout, people behind the game, outside people giving their first impressions (if they get to play it ahead of time) and release the game on the same day for purchase. This showcases the best parts of a game in a clear message.

A stream reveal that last several games exposes flaws very quickly in both design and rulesets imo.

A promo would be the best reveal for a company in maximizing the capture of sale. Streaming is best for the consumer to maximize their decision making when purchasing.

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

In case your wondering whats cropped out the image
[quoted image]

That green ooze is ejaculating

Looking forward to that FnF Pinball

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Propaby „The Beetles“. You know that Disney (and other) racing movies with the VW Beetle?

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The facts are real if you open your eyes:
Many people have lost jobs they can not return to and income they can not recover
Most businesses have lost money they will not recover
When this is over some businesses will return to normal fairly quickly, but many will not for a long time.
We are on the tip of facing another mortgage crisis.
Subprime auto loans will come to bite us in the ass
The US is printing and handing out a crap load of money - we don't know the ramifications of this yet
Low oil prices are great for some, and devastating for others - it will cause industry layoffs and bankruptcy
Sports have shut down, can't replay those games and get back that money - that's going to trickle down and hurt a lot
No sure how you can say we know nothing

In the beginning of the year some money people were predicting slow down in 2021. If that was the case, what’s it going to be like now, with the country gutted in 2020? No jobs, no money, no spending. And a lot of people’s health is going to suffer too. Making things worse.

And then there was the whole bond inversion thing, which always negatively impacts the market a couple years after it happens. Hmm, so 2022 and 2023?

Not to mention all the fake financial instruments built on sand out there that really aren’t any different than the sub-prime fiasco from 2007/8. That chicken will roost before it’s all over.

Plus the fact that the 10 year bull was really stoked with perennially low interest rates, and now those can’t get any lower.

This “healthy” economy isn’t very healthy at all. It’s just been manipulated to high heaven. That never ends well, when there’s nothing left to fudge.

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

we have bigly themes

ROTFL

#8290 3 years ago

Just listened to the K-Pod #477 with Robert.

Man what an emotional roller coaster it's been with DP's RAZA & TPF reveal. Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel, in the next couple months... fingers crossed.

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Except I can't imagine that license is harder to get than Harry Potter.

How many sit down and other arcade Fast and Furious games have there been so far? Either way, it would be another a little too late title.

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

At what pace?
Didn't he also say they just received 15 board sets? That does not sound production ready.

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

At what pace?
Didn't he also say they just received 15 board sets? That does not sound production ready.

I'd put money on Spooky building and shipping more games than Deeproot this year. Any takers?

#8294 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd put money on Spooky building and shipping more games than Deeproot this year. Any takers?

I have a feeling Charlie and his now skeleton crew are still hard at work as we speak. Whatever parts he does have are certainly being assembled.

#8295 3 years ago

The moment his state governor announces back to work day, Spooky sends out invoices for 750 machines.

#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The moment his state governor announces back to work day, Spooky sends out invoices for 750 machines.

I'm ready!

At least they are making something I am still interested in.

#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

* 6-8 modes programmed
* Streaming not a good way to reveal games. Needs to be hands on
* JPOP is good at conceptualizing a concept and prototype a layout without spending a lot of money
* Barry is a workforce, could make a table every week if he wanted to.
* Dennis Nordman worked remotely in Chicago and only came down on occasion.. he develops a general layout and let's others fill in the blanks
* Robert originally had the hot wheels license, Jon Norris had an amazing layout for this theme. Robert is working on a license that's hotter and harder to get than harry potter that this layout is going to be used for
* There's 5 different areas with coding (narrative scripts), translated by steve bowden, then goes to allison and matt that scripts the code, then the code goes through an engine, then the unity frontend GUI is done by a separate studio.
* RAZA never leaves the 2 office locations, not even for Bowden.[quoted image]

I VERY seriously Doubt they could get production up an running in 5hrs......that requires line workers!

#8298 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

At what pace?

I think he meant when things resume (IE stay at home order is over, china has shipped large quantity of production boards at a reasonable cost), the production area is ready to build product because the game is complete. They obviously couldn't start production tomorrow. It also sounds like his goal is to make RAZA buyers whole and isn't focused on building many games beyond that (unless there is a large demand).

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like it’s not a victory for the peasants yet!

Great to see all the jobs and opportunity created along with some hopefully great pins

Here’s hoping DR makes their rich arrogant investors a shit load of $$$!

#8300 3 years ago

So.... what’s the plan now? Re-shop for parts domestically and then what?
At least before there was a lunch date. Now it’s blurry . They should spread their market product infos... I don’t know why they don’t go online. I don’t get their strategy... maybe it’s just me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/166?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.