Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 672.
#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s go DR! What’s up?

Yeah. DR: Go online and show your stuff !

#8202 4 years ago

FWIW I had heard months ago that DR wasn't making payroll at their Utah office. Second hand information so I wouldn't bet all my horses on it but had heard disconcerting info way before Covid. I'm still rooting for them! If they can pull off a launch I will absolutely be purchasing from them.

#8203 4 years ago

I gave JP money for RAZA. I was never repaid and the court ordered Jpop to pay up. Since i was never paid, I feel I own some of RAZA and would ask Deeproot to kindly pay me back for the percentage of the assets I now own on RAZA. Otherwise I'm going to try and block the launch.

They are trying to release a game they do not own the rights to.

#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

FWIW I had heard months ago that DR wasn't making payroll at their Utah office. Second hand information so I wouldn't bet all my horses on it but had heard disconcerting info way before Covid.

Are you sure it wasn't a February Fools joke?

#8205 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I gave JP money for RAZA. I was never repaid and the court ordered Jpop to pay up. Since i was never paid, I feel I own some of RAZA and would ask Deeproot to kindly pay me back for the percentage of the assets I now own on RAZA. Otherwise I'm going to try and block the launch.
They are trying to release a game they do not own the rights to.

Since you allready ruled out accepting deeproots proposal of getting the game or money from them, it's a horrible idea to "block the launch" and with it to block generating income out of wich JPop may repay his debt to you.

#8206 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since you allready ruled out accepting deeproots proposal of getting the game or money from them, it's a horrible idea to "block the launch" and with it to block generating income out of wich JPop may repay his debt to you.

Jpop will never pay his debt as he still feels he's done nothing wrong. Deeproot is using assets some of us funded. I fully plan on litigating this further. Shame on them. It will bite them in the ass.

#8207 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Jpop will never pay his debt as he still feels he's done nothing wrong.

I don't know US law but if he was judged guilty and has the money you can usually enforce him to pay (IF he is able to).

Quoted from hank527:

Deeproot is using assets some of us funded.

It may resemble the original assets, but they're completely build up from scratch.

Quoted from hank527:

I fully plan on litigating this further.

To accomplish what exactly?

Quoted from hank527:

Shame on them. It will bite them in the ass.

That they hired a guy that is obviously popular enough that you'd throw money at him sight unseen and offered to (partially) refund you or deliver you the game?

#8208 4 years ago

Anyone else looking forward to the Netflix release of Pinball King next fall? Could be fun to see the cast of crazy characters behind deeproot.

#8209 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anyone else looking forward to the Netflix release of Pinball King next fall? Could be fun to see the cast of crazy characters behind deeproot.

You had me for a second there.

#8210 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Somebody needs to shoot that documentary.

Would crush the Tiger King.

#8211 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would binge it faster than Tiger King, that’s for sure.

#8212 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not a chance.

Nobody in pinball is that interesting.

#8213 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not a chance.
Nobody in pinball is that interesting.

“Interesting” is one way to put it....

#8215 4 years ago

It's interesting to look back at Dennis' announcement of leaving Heighway.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-leaves-heighway-pinball?tu=DennisNordman

2 different companies, but my take aways are the comments about losing sleep over what was going on there, what was being said to the public VS his experience in reality.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.34.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.34.05 AM (resized).png
#8216 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's interesting to look back at Dennis' announcement of leaving Heighway.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-leaves-heighway-pinball?tu=DennisNordman
2 different companies, but my take aways are the comments about losing sleep over what was going on there, what was being said to the public VS his experience in reality.[quoted image]

interesting. Thanks for sharing. Maybe, we'll know if he left for the same reasons...

At the same time, I am a happy Alien owner, and I can say that the it's one of the best pin I've ever played by far so too bad for him if was not that involved... but I understand your point anyway.

#8217 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The reality is that post virus "recession" is only a technical term, 2 quarters in a row of declining GDP growth, which will all turn around in a big way in the 3rd and 4th quarters, according to many economists and common sense.
The term "recession" means nothing in reality other than what's happening temporarily due to the virus shutdown.
You guys can believe whatever you want, doom and gloom, blah blah blah, but the economy is coming back much faster than you naysayers and experts think.
So while it's not going to be a convenient process for anybody, it sucks, but looking forward all pinball will bounce right back too, including location pinball.

This is just naive, there are people that lost their jobs for the long term. There are businesses that will snap back, and many others that will take a very long time to get back to where they where. The economy will absolutely return with a vengeance, but not to Feb 2020 levels. That's the real fact.

#8218 4 years ago

Too soon?

f4f51f70291c8c86b1ed4793205d502da4e575cf (resized).pngf4f51f70291c8c86b1ed4793205d502da4e575cf (resized).png
#8219 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That's the real fact.

Er, there is no real fact as nobody known nuthin'! We have to SEE what happens...

#8220 4 years ago

To make the gossip and rumors stop, they have to show something.
There is a crisis, DN can go...Ok. There is company management behind no one knows and could justify things, but at some point you have to jump and show your cards at least to prove your vision is legit.

#8221 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

at some point you have to jump and show your cards at least to prove your vision is legit.

What do they need to Prove or owe us? Seems like when they are ready and it makes sense to do so they will. At this point less might be more as there is little to no buying market now nor an opportunity to build games in the current situation. I for one prefer to see what they offer when it is available and not a vision in the future.

#8222 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

This is just naive, there are people that lost their jobs for the long term. There are businesses that will snap back, and many others that will take a very long time to get back to where they where. The economy will absolutely return with a vengeance, but not to Feb 2020 levels. That's the real fact.

I think that's a bit naive Bmore, you can't say "it won't and that's a real fact" because nobody really knows.

Like today, i make my bets accordingly, not with travel & leisure, but by Feb 2021 travel & leisure will be back, maybe not fully but a longs ways, vaccines etc . The good news will get better and better and the positive reality will set in. But hey, whatever you think man.

As for Deeproot, it wasn't a good sign when Nordman left Heighway but maybe he just doesn't get along with others?

As for NIB pinball machines, that type of high dollar consumer discretionary, yeah it's gonna be tough for awhile.

It's a shame the shutdown hit for DR when it did, along with for every other small business.

I think they REALLY need to show something. Surely its ready because they had to have it done as of TPF?

#8223 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

for Deeproot, it wasn't a good sign when Nordman left Heighway but maybe he just doesn't get along with others?

He's bounced around a lot of companies. Maybe he just likes to wander from job to job.

LTG : )

#8224 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's bounced around a lot of companies. Maybe he just likes to wander from job to job.

i think he's stealing tools!

#8225 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What do they need to Prove or owe us? Seems like when they are ready and it makes sense to do so they will.

Sure. It’s wise at the same time you fall into oblivion. Anyway, let’s wait.. again.

#8226 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

i think he's stealing tools!

Maybe art supplies for his faerie houses ?

#8227 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What do they need to Prove or owe us?

Nothing.

We are starved for some exciting news from them.

#8228 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe art supplies for his faerie houses ?

yes i have seen a few of the ones he built..nicer than the house im living in!

#8229 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

yes i have seen a few of the ones he built..nicer than the house im living in!

Ok, now I'm curious..... Is this a Real statement? And I thought pinball was an unusual hobby.

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is this a Real statement?

Yes. Check out his face book page. He's quite creative with his miniature houses. I grabbed a couple of his pics. Some of the houses are very ornate and whimsical.

90571981_2644946549072929_5847503969554792448_o (resized).jpg90571981_2644946549072929_5847503969554792448_o (resized).jpg90787922_2644946499072934_2422382398420287488_n (resized).jpg90787922_2644946499072934_2422382398420287488_n (resized).jpg
#8231 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, now I'm curious..... Is this a Real statement? And I thought pinball was an unusual hobby.

yes this is a real statement.you would have to see a finished one to believe it..the craftmanship and detail are hard to come by these days.he also does killer work on jukebox restorations

#8232 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Check out his face book page. He's quite creative with his miniature houses. I grabbed a couple of his pics. Some of the houses are very ornate and whimsical.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Holly crap that is amazing detail!! That man has patience and skill. Never knew this very interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

#8233 4 years ago

Dennis Nordman made this steam-punk sculpture and I bought it the moment he announce it for sale on Facebook. This picture is his cover photo from his Facebook profile and I sometimes wonder if he regrets selling it. I asked him to autographed it for me and he used a Dremmel tool on the metal base if you can visualize that. His signature looks like an earth quake was going on. LOL

He is hands down the nicest pinball celebrity I've ever met, at any show. And one of the nicest most gracious gentleman I've ever met period.

49948454_2297897353777852_4778827836142125056_n (resized).jpg49948454_2297897353777852_4778827836142125056_n (resized).jpg
#8234 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, there is no real fact as nobody known nuthin'! We have to SEE what happens...

The facts are real if you open your eyes:

Many people have lost jobs they can not return to and income they can not recover
Most businesses have lost money they will not recover
When this is over some businesses will return to normal fairly quickly, but many will not for a long time.
We are on the tip of facing another mortgage crisis.
Subprime auto loans will come to bite us in the ass
The US is printing and handing out a crap load of money - we don't know the ramifications of this yet
Low oil prices are great for some, and devastating for others - it will cause industry layoffs and bankruptcy
Sports have shut down, can't replay those games and get back that money - that's going to trickle down and hurt a lot

No sure how you can say we know nothing

#8235 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think that's a bit naive Bmore, you can't say "it won't and that's a real fact" because nobody really knows.
Like today, i make my bets accordingly, not with travel & leisure, but by Feb 2021 travel & leisure will be back ....

I agree travel and leisure will be back, but by Feb 2021 when the second round of the virus is hitting us - not so sure
Also, even if it is back by Christmas - that's an extremely long time for a huge chunk of our economy to be down without causing a severe economical impact.

#8236 4 years ago

Impressive.

#8237 4 years ago

Production of Deeproot games has not started yet i think.
So the corona virus give them extra time with minimal lost.

#8238 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Production of Deeproot games has not started yet.
So the corona virus give them extra time with minimal lost.

Do they have a working production line?

#8239 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

LOL you're kidding right!?

#8240 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Was my same thought.

#8241 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If the item they are producing is dust bunnies? Perhaps!

#8242 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Of course that’s why I can’t believe the bullshit they spew

#8243 4 years ago

You have to admit that Deeproot is managing to provide pretty good entertainment value, by doing nothing.

#8244 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You have to admit that Deeproot is managing to provide pretty good entertainment value, by doing nothing.

Yes, it is always entertaining when a company spends millions of dollars, perhaps a lot of it not their own, over the course of a couple or maybe a few years, and has not sold anything or shown anything ready for sale within that time.

#8245 4 years ago

Its not easy for someone with no manufacturing/product background to bring a product to market. Pinball is not easy.

#8246 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Its not easy for someone with no manufacturing/product background to bring a product to market. Pinball is not easy.

But's it's easy to take investors money

#8247 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, it is always entertaining when a company spends millions of dollars, perhaps a lot of it not their own, over the course of a couple or maybe a few years, and has not sold anything or shown anything ready for sale within that time.

Pretty sure he was talking about the comedy gold that is this thread...

#8248 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

But's it's easy to take investors money

A fool and his money are soon parted.

#8249 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Yep, another one that comes to mind is:

How do you make a small fortune?

Start with a large fortune and invest in a pinball company.

#8250 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Yep, another one that comes to mind is:
How do you make a small fortune?
Start with a large fortune and invest in a pinball company.

Nice jab when things are down and people’s jobs are at stake. Any other jokes?

I really don’t think it’s entertaining at all when investors are losing money and people are getting laid off

Pathetic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/165?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.