• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 669.
#8151 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks for offering some actual information.

Actual info based on what? Would you believe I work for Santa Clause?

#8152 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Actual info based on what? Would you believe I work for Santa Clause?

I have seen this movie before.

#8153 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep. It was a nice dream for a while though, wasn't it? And the timeline shows it wasn't related to the virus. Too bad for all the workers.

Wow, didn’t know quotes could be deleted like that. My assumption is there was a reason behind that. My theory: Robert is still reading Pinside. Dude: some actual info would be a lot better than threatening people. Sorry things aren’t going your way. This isn’t the way to get the community on your side.

#8155 3 years ago

Well Ice couldn’t show his face in the actual COVID thread due to his early comments on the subject. Figured it would come out somewhere. But the DR thread?

#8156 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, didn’t know quotes could be deleted like that. My assumption is there was a reason behind that. My theory: Robert is still reading Pinside. Dude: some actual info would be a lot better than threatening people. Sorry things aren’t going your way. This isn’t the way to get the community on your side.

I’m confused by what your claiming? It was an April 1 prank not DR.

#8157 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

they tried to bury the heighway tipsters too...

#8158 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

How’s that?

#8159 3 years ago

I was just asking as it appeared you were replying to Robert yet I didn’t see a post? Just confused if I missed something nothing more.

#8160 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was just asking as it appeared you were replying to Robert yet I didn’t see a post? Just confused if I missed something nothing more.

Just a lame AF joke.

#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just a lame AF joke.

It wasn't a joke.

#8162 3 years ago

Uh... okay?

AB639C26-C786-4D4E-BF91-E24E9F786099 (resized).pngAB639C26-C786-4D4E-BF91-E24E9F786099 (resized).png
#8163 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh... okay?[quoted image]

Maybe it would make more sense if you didn't have every other post ignored.

#8164 3 years ago

I don't know if that was a joke or not, if you follow their employees on linked in you can see several points in time where more than 1 person indicated their job ended.

#8165 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh... okay?[quoted image]

You didn't miss anything meaningful

#8166 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't know if that was a joke or not, if you follow their employees on linked in you can see several points in time where more than 1 person indicated their job ended.

The truth is out there....

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Over a dozen I’m told. Looks like many people have left (for whatever reason) recently.

#8168 3 years ago
A8E4D6CC-554F-4D8F-B527-E820AF4D6BB6 (resized).jpegA8E4D6CC-554F-4D8F-B527-E820AF4D6BB6 (resized).jpeg
#8169 3 years ago

Maybe they left or got laid off because of some pandemic or something.

#8170 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maybe they left or got laid off because of some pandemic or something.

No, that's just a democratic hoax to try to make Trump look bad...

#8171 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The truth is out there....

The internet is written in ink. Not pencil. Even deleted stuff can often be found if you are good at digging.

LTG : )

#8173 3 years ago

OK someone fill us in here. Why is everyone beating around the bush? What happened, and what was posted?

#8174 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I looked this up as well on LinkedIn. Seems almost all were from the Utah Studio. Wasn't there some mention in the past of this office being closed and everything being consolidated in their San Antonio office or am I thinking of something else?

#8175 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

OK someone fill us in here. Why is everyone beating around the bush? What happened, and what was posted?

I don’t know if my post will be removed as well but it seems there was lay off within the design team from DR before the crisis. Seems weird but that was the info.

#8176 3 years ago

Edit - Removed my own post at the request of the person whose previous post I was discussing.

#8177 3 years ago

Why are we deleting what could be very useful information for potential customers and those that are already invested in DR? Because it could have been an April fools joke?

#8178 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Why are we deleting what could be very useful information for potential customers and those that are already invested in DR? Because it could have been an April fools joke?

People sending Cease and Desist notices has that kind of impact...

#8179 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Because it could have been an April fools joke?

Maybe violated someones NDA ?

#8180 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe violated someones NDA ?

That was my thought as well

#8181 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Even if true, I highly doubt Any cease and Desist notice could stop someone from saying they lost their job.

#8182 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think it was deleted by the poster...

#8183 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I don't think it was deleted by the poster...

Maybe that’s the first real info since november...
I still hope they will deliver...

#8184 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Even if true, I highly doubt Any cease and Desist notice could stop someone from saying they lost their job.

The poster wasn't talking about losing their job (they said they quit) - they were talking about the activities at deeproot studios and their actions involving layoffs after they left.

I can imagine a NDA being part of a separation agreement... especially if there is any severance involved. But this sounds like multiple people inbetween.

I'm not the one claiming the right to make someone C&D.. so no idea what their basis is

#8185 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

they were talking about the activities at deeproot studios and their actions involving layoffs after they left.

And we don't know everything. Consolidating their operations into one state isn't unheard of in any industry. Especially if they are ramping up for production.

Time will tell.

#8186 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And we don't know everything. Consolidating their operations into one state isn't unheard of in any industry. Especially if they are ramping up for production.
Time will tell.

Well I have a few issues with that...

1) Just look at their boast on linkedin from middle of the year - talking about expanding and room for 150 ppl
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.28.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.28.11 PM.png
2) When you're a very hands-on, collaborative type of work... that relies almost exclusively on your talent.. relocating 1,200 miles away isn't just a 'consolidation'. You'd expect to lose most of your talent unless you pay to relocate them.
3) Everyone (minus 1) on linkedin who associates themselves with deeproot studios still lists their location at UT... So if there was a relocation... it's not likely yet

In the animation field it is far more common to have remote clusters of workers... because they tend to host where the talent or economic conditions support it. Lots of small groups contributing together on a central project.. rather than one big consolidated group.

#8187 3 years ago

And just like that, more posts were deleted. Guess we can only talk about DR news in PM's guys. Try to keep DR news and rumors out of the DR thread, please.

#8188 3 years ago

It’s really hard to operate an agency (what I gather the Utah location primarily was) and simultaneously develop in-house IP (pinball and video games). I know, I have done it.

If the Utah location was primarily an agency, it would make sense to shut it down given the current economic outlook.

However, I think those layoffs might not impact pinball production or development. Especially since RAZA (as shown) had such a tiny screen compared to modern pinball machines.

I’d be more concerned if there were big layoffs or walkouts in Texas.

Is it confirmed that Dennis Nordman left?

#8189 3 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

If the Utah location was primarily an agency, it would make sense to shut it down given the current economic outlook.

This happened before the COVID stuff according to the source.

#8190 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The poster wasn't talking about losing their job (they said they quit) - they were talking about the activities at deeproot studios and their actions involving layoffs after they left.
I can imagine a NDA being part of a separation agreement... especially if there is any severance involved. But this sounds like multiple people inbetween.
I'm not the one claiming the right to make someone C&D.. so no idea what their basis is

Even if the poster was under an NDA, that wouldn't apply to Pinside. So hopefully the post wasn't deleted by a moderator. Because Pinside is in no way obligated to abide by an NDA that they're not a party to. That would be a crazy overreach.

#8191 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Even if the poster was under an NDA, that wouldn't apply to Pinside. So hopefully the post wasn't deleted by a moderator. Because Pinside is in no way obligated to abide by an NDA that they're not a party to. That would be a crazy overreach.

You've not been here long enough to know Pinside will cater to Manufacturer's requests around non-public material...

So if deeproot were to reach out to pinside and say "hey, that information is leaked, not public, whatever..." don't count out them removing it.

#8192 3 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

It’s really hard to operate an agency (what I gather the Utah location primarily was) and simultaneously develop in-house IP (pinball and video games). I know, I have done it.

Just look at who works there and decide what you think the location was for.

Remember, deeproot studios isn't supposed to be just about the pinball games... they were trying to double-dip and make a digital media team that would sell and contract themselves for all kinds of projects. It was meant to be yet another leg in the deeproot portfolio of businesses...

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well I have a few issues with that...

I understand. But things change. And right now we don't know if it's decisions made, or problems involving money.

And they have a history of bragging. Then reality sets in when accomplishing goals.

Right now, I just wish every manufacturer success in these crazy days ahead.

#8194 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just look at who works there and decide what you think the location was for.
Remember, deeproot studios isn't supposed to be just about the pinball games... they were trying to double-dip and make a digital media team that would sell and contract themselves for all kinds of projects. It was meant to be yet another leg in the deeproot portfolio of businesses...

Oh I’ve looked. Judging by the makeup of the team, their website and the LinkedIn of that bizdev guy I posted weeks ago, it could have been an attempt at building an agency. Very light on project management though.

Too bad we don’t have more concrete information. It could be money problems, it could be a realization that at best you can expect 20% margin on agency work (although paying salaries and bennies at top market would cut severely into that), or that agency work is actually quite hard to come by when you’re based in Utah. It could be a decision to focus on pinball instead.

#8195 3 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Oh I’ve looked. Judging by the makeup of the team, their website and the LinkedIn of that bizdev guy I posted weeks ago, it could have been an attempt at building an agency. Very light on project management though.
Too bad we don’t have more concrete information. It could be money problems, it could be a realization that at best you can expect 20% margin on agency work (although paying salaries and bennies at top market would cut severely into that), or that agency work is actually quite hard to come by when you’re based in Utah. It could be a decision to focus on pinball instead.

Or simply, that pinball is hard.

#8196 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

No, that's just a democratic hoax to try to make Trump look bad...

Three weeks ago called,and they want their talking points back.Wow you guys can’t even stop with the end of the world as we know!

#8197 3 years ago

This thread got weird.......er.

#8198 3 years ago

Will this story end up on American Greed. I'm not sure, but its not a good time to be a start up business.

#8199 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Well Ice couldn’t show his face in the actual COVID thread due to his early comments on the subject. Figured it would come out somewhere. But the DR thread?

Let’s go DR! What’s up?

#8200 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This thread got weird.......er.

Its got everything, except anything related to deeproot Pinball!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.