• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 669.
#8001 4 years ago

Deeproot's site is still showing a countdown for me. Have they officially cancelled?

#8002 4 years ago
Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#8003 4 years ago

If they can keep it going it’s probably in there favour tbh, as basically nothing else is going on now in this pinball world all eyes will be on them they got 100% attention right now.

#8004 4 years ago

They cancelled with the single goal of keeping this thread consistent.

#8005 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I look forward to ds_nadine hopefully resuming his “job” as the official countdown device for Pinside regarding deeproot’s launch.

Another "job" I lost today.

We'll there's a chance in everything. Just make the best of it!
Deeproot unintendedly got more time to prepare their launch and refine their product and I assume there's a lot of open jobs in the health care system.

#8006 4 years ago

Sad it's cancelled. Looking forward to when it does go ahead

#8007 4 years ago

The timing to launch a company that produces high-price, non-essential luxury toys just couldn't be better.

#8008 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The timing to launch a company that produces high-price, non-essential luxury toys just couldn't be better.

I pretty much said that over a year ago.

Quoted from o-din:

what if the stock market and economy tanks and we go into another deep recession?
This whole dream is living on borrowed time IMO.

Quoted from o-din:

I guess the point is if you are starting another company during a pinball boom it is probably best to get the games out there before that boom starts petering out or you end up in a situation like Capcom. Lots of great ideas and promise, but just a little late to the game.

Quoted from o-din:

If nothing else, this could end up being one big tax write off for deeproot.

You're welcome.

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're welcome.

Well somebody is a real O-din Downer

81554271-0DB6-4C8F-8F7D-36BE0EE17647.gif81554271-0DB6-4C8F-8F7D-36BE0EE17647.gif
#8010 4 years ago

It really wasn't that hard to see this coming. I hope for the best, but the outlook at the moment is very bleak.

Carry on...

#8011 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It really wasn't that hard to see this coming.

Ow, come on.

There always a down after an up, but that has nothing to do what is happening now.
You're sounding just like Kaneda: "I SAID IT! I SAID IT!" - Trick is he's saying everything all over the place...
...to be fair, noone contradicts honeself like he does.

It has nothing to to with the likes of Capcom, jumping into a business at it's heigh point just to be the low thech soon after and getting outperformed by arcade & video games. Heck, Deeproot didn't even start yet.

Of course it's very possible that the market will get saturated and as said, of course there'll be just bad times for the economy.
That happening because of a pandemic, a war or an alien invasion is still nothing you take into account when setting up your business.

#8012 4 years ago

I said it because no economic boom in American history had lasted more than ten years and we were already there. The warning signs were evident even before the outbreak.

Keep riding your happy horse and be in denial and all will turn out just fine.

#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What a bummer to wake up to...
I kind of wonder why they just wouldn't push forward with a video push event. It would still garber massive attention, especially with all conventions and announcements shut down.

Agreed. The thing is: the counter bring curiosity and then what? We have no clue of when we’ll have any info. I think it would have been great to at least get infos on one pin, to least, get more interest. Time is tough but that’s already been a while that this felt as a ghost company, maybe spreading some info to keep interest would have been great. Now we go back to where we were one year ago with no release date...
DR bring a video! Give us piece of infos on your pins.... come on!

#8014 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I said it because no economic boom in American history had lasted more than ten years and we were already there. The warning signs were evident even before the outbreak.

This can well be but this is not what is happening now.

You'd still be yelling "THERE I SAID IT, THE ECONOMY IS COMING DOWN" because of a Zombie army attacking the US from Outer Space?

#8015 4 years ago

In 2008 it was the housing market with subprime loans. Were you saying "This is not what is happening now?"

You are just in denial. This was inevitable, any event out of the ordinary could have triggered it.

But do enjoy the deeproot reveal, I hope you get all the games you are dreaming of.

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In 2008 it was the housing market with subprime loans. Were you saying "This is not what is happening now?"
You are just in denial. This was inevitable, any event out of the ordinary could have triggered it.

No it was a bubble. It still is.
Only about 10% of the derailed world economy is made from real goods an labour, the rest 90% is a giant balloon of financial speculation having no foot in reality. That is bad and it will burst, maybe it just did, as you said.

So you have Stock traders that just go nuts at the moment, BUT this time at least for a reason based solely in reality, not some fairytale self made-up credit bubble wich was a hoax to begin with.

And THIS can happen any time. Even at the lowest lowpoint (so even while we have Corona we could also have a world war and the resurgence of Hair Metal). So therefore it has nothing to do with your speculation.

This is all. We're not disagreeing on that it'll be hard for everyone now, just disagreeing on how/ why it came to this.

#8017 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

the resurgence of Hair Metal

One can only hope!

#8018 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're welcome.

Well played sir!

#8019 4 years ago

This is why Gary has cost cut so terribly. He knew the pinball bubble wouldn't last forever. I doubt it's dead, but we're going to be hitting one hell of a slow down.

#8020 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What a bummer to wake up to...
I kind of wonder why they just wouldn't push forward with a video push event. It would still garber massive attention, especially with all conventions and announcements shut down.

Their problem seems to be less about having an audience and more about having something to ship (or buyers..)

#8021 4 years ago

To "resume" you'd have to stop!
I'd never!

X-2 days left!

#8022 4 years ago

Glad deeproot decided to cancel, it was the right thing to do.

#8023 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

To "resume" you'd have to stop!
I'd never!
X-2 days left!

Nice!

#8024 4 years ago

So after 2 years and 8000+ posts, the Deeproot product launch is finally here...

5F34DA82-2C17-4E6B-A070-651F45455F3E.gif5F34DA82-2C17-4E6B-A070-651F45455F3E.gif
#8025 4 years ago

Pinball is easy...dominoes are hard.

#8026 4 years ago

I do really feel for the whole dp team. They must have been working super hard and to have to keep their mouths shut about whatever it is they're doing. To be /this/ close to being able to finally talk about it... and WHAM. That's just really painful.

This will pass, though not as fast as we all hope.

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I do really feel for the whole dp team. They must have been working super hard and to have to keep their mouths shut about whatever it is they're doing. To be /this/ close to being able to finally talk about it... and WHAM. That's just really painful.

Can I still get my machines?

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I think they’re going to have to put the focus on actually selling something at some point soon. Just forget about the huge launch and fireworks and just reveal a final product.

#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Can I still get my machines?

Better check if there are post apocalyptic terms in the paperwork Deeproot gave you......

#8030 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Better check if there are post apocalyptic terms in the paperwork Deeproot gave you......

"post"?

#8031 4 years ago

Yes. What DR will do for you post apocalypse. I’m sure they will take care of you and maybe have more titles for you to choose from when the time comes.

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Yes. What DR will do for you post apocalypse. I’m sure they will take care of you and maybe have more titles for you to choose from when the time comes.

I’m not sure apocalyptic was in the language...
With Zidware, well maybe.

#8033 4 years ago

X-3 days left!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#8034 4 years ago

X-4 ?

Ok, I stop.

For the moment.

Stay healthy guys!

[Edit: And gals!]

#8035 4 years ago
Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#8036 4 years ago

Two Turtle Doves

#8037 4 years ago

First 4 day gap in how long in this thread?

Do they release any bits this week, what do you think?

#8038 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Robert already said he’s not going to do the launch in the current climate. Say they announced the 13 most kick ass pins ever. They can’t make them because of all the shutdowns. So, why launch now?

They will work offline as best they can and re-emerge once this all clears.

#8039 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Even DS_Nadine has given up on Deeproot releasing anything.

I think we will see what we have been seeing over the last year, not much!

#8040 4 years ago

I mean stick a fork in it. At this point only companies who have actually released you know.. anything at all.. are in the running

#8041 4 years ago

This is a tough dealing of the cards.

A year ago a decision was made for an additional year of cash burn, but I doubt there's room for another year.

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Even ds_nadine has given up on Deeproot releasing anything.
I think we will see what we have been seeing over the last year, not much!

No.

There‘s just now more important things happening that it would make no sense to launch a product in an event noone can attend, for products you can‘t manufacture or ship at the moment.

#8043 4 years ago

I have a feeling the new Heist game by p3 is going to be far more innovative than anything Deeproot was going to release anyway. And it sounds like Dennis Nordman is no longer with the company? Kaneda heavily hinted he moved over to CGC?? Dennis is like the town bike...everyone in the biz has had a ride on him now.

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And it sounds like Dennis Nordman is no longer with the company? Kaneda heavily hinted he moved over to CGC?? Dennis is like the town bike...everyone in the biz has had a ride on him now.

Dennis has a very good Bullshit-o-meter......

#8045 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Dennis has a very good Bullshit-o-meter......

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is a tough dealing of the cards.
A year ago a decision was made for an additional year of cash burn, but I doubt there's room for another year.

Well... on the bright side... if they were actually DONE... you could say it would be easy to go into a reduced cost model... get rid of everyone... save money.. and then try to reemerge when the time is right and spin back up. They don't have to be burning all this money when nothing is happening and waiting out a good sales time.

But if they aren't really done... and still need 6months of work to get to selling in volume.. Maybe you see a sell-off.

#8047 4 years ago

Anybody take bets on what date Deeproot announces they are closing shop for good? I say May 1st

#8048 4 years ago

No, they won't say that. It will be something like...

"In light of recent events, the Deeproot team has been forced to delay our many amazing product releases indefinitely."

They will then quietly lay everyone off, and we will never hear about them again (except for mentions in various court proceedings).

I hope that I am wrong, however.

#8049 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

No, they won't say that. It will be something like...
"In light of recent events, the Deeproot team has been forced to delay our many amazing product releases indefinitely."
They will then quietly lay everyone off, and we will never hear about them again (except for mentions in various court proceedings).
I hope that I am wrong, however.

Or.... like most any vendor or manufacturers currently they will wait for this major global event to pass or calm and continue on when it makes sense. Nobody of right mind is looking to buy any new pins in this economy forecast and unveiling their work at this time would do nothing positive for business. No telling how long this will take but I suspect they will rise from this with a new line of products many will love. Till then it is costing us nothing to sit back and wait out the storm.

#8050 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody take bets on what date Deeproot announces they are closing shop for good?

Okay, gloom.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Deeproot will lay everyone off and we will never hear about them again.

Okay, doom.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I suspect they will rise from this with a new line of products many will love.

Okay, mister optimistic.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Till then it is costing us nothing to sit back and wait out the storm.

And...the voice of reason.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/161?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.