Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 672.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

If you're going to make fun of John, I'd appreciate you *not* using a picture I took to do so...

Hah! I'm making a tee shirt with it!

#702 6 years ago

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

jpoppants (resized).jpgjpoppants (resized).jpg

#703 6 years ago

That is great! Now someone please do a version where the pants completely go over his head. Just arms and pants.

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That is great! Now someone please do a version where the pants completely go over his head. Just arms and pants.

But keep the hair!!

#705 6 years ago

i'm not even good at this but sometimes you just get inspired.

jpoppants2 (resized).jpgjpoppants2 (resized).jpg

#706 6 years ago

when you're on a roll

jpoppants3 (resized).jpgjpoppants3 (resized).jpg

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Could you put slits in the pants with his hair coming through?

#708 6 years ago

you know, i was feeling shitty today. a good laugh is so healthy for you. I'm pissing myself looking at these pics, even though I made them.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

you know, i was feeling shitty today. a good laugh is so healthy for you. I'm pissing myself looking at these pics, even though I made them.

LOL Frolic. Lmao!

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Perhaps my favourite Pinside posts of all time. So great.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I am glad I held off posting something about the pants when I first saw the original picture and waited to see if someone else would say anything.

#712 6 years ago

That is damn hilarious

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

#714 6 years ago

I was having a lousy day too, those pics made me burst out loud with laughter. Thank you

#715 6 years ago

I hate when people use the LOL in text (cause they are never actually doing that), but I seriously LOLed for like 20 mins.

That’s some Tim and Eric type awesomeness right there.

#716 6 years ago

Hey hey hey!

Who does J-Pants remind you of?

D559CB1F-6183-40E7-A9DA-6BDA546C4676 (resized).jpegD559CB1F-6183-40E7-A9DA-6BDA546C4676 (resized).jpeg

#717 6 years ago

"Jpop you're like a school in the summertime; no class."

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hey hey hey!
Who does J-Pants remind you of?

unknowncomic (resized).jpgunknowncomic (resized).jpg

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

lmao, thanks, now i'm gonna have to clean my keyboard!

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What was the total price on RAZA? I'm filling out the proof of claim form for Deeproot and I don't know what to put in for the "amount I still owe Zidware" field. Doesn't it only matter how much I've put in thus far?
I paid in $4995, so what do I put in the still owe field?

I simply entered $0 owing in that field.
Given the wording of the question and the legal at the submission point, I didn't want to state anywhere that I admit to owing anyone anything in relation to this project.

In the only text field provided, I simply stated that, "under the terms of the agreement" JPOP never lived up to his progress timeline so I don't owe him or zidware anything. Easy

Now, to go and dig up years of emails with JPOP and old carbon copies of Canadian bank transfers to zidware.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I simply entered $0 owing in that field.
Given the wording of the question and the legal at the submission point, I didn't want to state anywhere that I admit to owing anyone anything in relation to this project.
In the only text field provided, I simply stated that, "under the terms of the agreement" JPOP never lived up to his progress timeline so I don't owe him or zidware anything. Easy
Now, to go and dig up years of emails with JPOP and old carbon copies of Canadian bank transfers to zidware.

My situation was pretty cut and dried, email from John stating "You're official" and an electronic check image from my bank. Got the call a day after my submission that I'm accepted.

#722 6 years ago

Interesting mention that Barry is working on a farm or produce themed pin- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-farm-or-produce-themed-pin

Quoted from deeproot:

Give us a little time. Barry O has one in the works.
--dT

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL Frolic. Lmao!

I'm waiting for deeproot to thumbs up one of my pics. Come on, show a sense of humor! It's funny!

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Interesting mention that Barry is working on a farm or produce themed pin- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-farm-or-produce-themed-pin

Big Juicy Peaches?

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It almost seems like deeproot is trying to find new untapped markets (IE not barcades). I don't know, would anyone still play pinball at a grocery store (and would they care if it matched the theme?).

#726 6 years ago

The aspect I find most interesting is Deep Root is rediscovering the same difficulties of working with JPop that BLY/WMS figured out with titles such as WCS94 over 25 years ago, not even discussing considerations of fast forwarding to the modern age in mid 2015 period with AP. The similarities are more than comparative.

Good ideas do not transfer into good engineering without solid experience or backup support. Being a pinball historian and realist has its merits.

Keep flipping.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It almost seems like deeproot is trying to find new untapped markets (IE not barcades). I don't know, would anyone still play pinball at a grocery store (and would they care if it matched the theme?).

In order to introduce pinball to additional markets, there must first be a plan for a directed functional distribution model, which is not presently evidenced by my involvement in the industry. This is beyond understanding and action of the fundamentals of design, contracting for parts, manufacturing (direct or outsourced), and shipping. Ties to corporate industry giants (for markets) are costly, complicated, and often unproductive from the standpoint of niche products such as pinball. Stern already attempted this action in the past, and it proved wasteful in the long term. It can turn into a money pit.

Breaking the order of development (investment, team, management, development, design, prototype, contracting, distribution, manufacture, construction, market advertisement, shipping/receiving) unless full multitasked by separate teams also can lead to failures. Some areas are intertwined, some areas are repeated or continuous. Manufacture and and construction for example are not the same thing, but interrelated, because manufacture includes areas such as facility oversight, which construction does not in the industrial definition. Distribution planning of a new product comes early in the process, not later, long before actual construction.

This is yet another fundamental of developing a pinball company for game production and long term viability.
There is substantial work to be accomplished in a little over a promised year, especially since there is presently no product to either provide within a distribution model or a market, let alone the other areas mentioned.

What people should be asking upfront is who is actually leading this group of hired individuals to success and bringing them together as a cohesive team?
This I cannot answer, but no amount of litigation or lawyer language can remove the requirements of substantial experience needed in industrial manufacturing for the future.

Best of Fortune.

#728 6 years ago

Dude every time I read your posts I think, “Is this a bot or a genius?”

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Dude every time I read your posts I think, “Is this a bot or a genius?”

All bad writers are in love with the epic.

#730 6 years ago

Is there an estimation on when the "Days of Deeproot" reveal is supposed to happen?

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Is there an estimation on when the "Days of Deeproot" reveal is supposed to happen?

Between now and when the games are due to start shipping in June 2019. I would expect sometime in Spring 2019 before we see some sizable information.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe they can be the first to nab the Food Rocks license from Disney.

foodrocks_entrance2002cb (resized).jpgfoodrocks_entrance2002cb (resized).jpg
Kitchen-Kabaret (resized).jpgKitchen-Kabaret (resized).jpg

#733 6 years ago

Looks like the time frame for the infamous 5 days of deeproot has been announced. Day 5 of 5 will be in about 1 year - at next year's TPF (photo taken from the TPF main thread).

afd9d70cb94808b7bd342d80b4570c6ac52bf7df (resized).jpgafd9d70cb94808b7bd342d80b4570c6ac52bf7df (resized).jpg

#734 6 years ago

Logo still looks like a butt w/ plug. The Aussie slang doesn't help the impression any.

#735 6 years ago

Makes sense, being based in Texas, that they would launch at TPF.

However, that exposes their weak business model, IMO. Selling to pinball fans at shows. That works for Spooky and the numbers they push, but that is failure for anyone trying to be bigger than "boutique".

Pinball shows are low hanging fruit, but there isn't much.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Logo still looks like a butt w/ plug. The Aussie slang doesn't help the impression any.

I can't now unsee that

#737 6 years ago

So basically the 365 Days of Deeproot. Fascinating.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ps.

5 days of Deeproot could be painful indeed

#739 6 years ago

Is it Day's or Daze?

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Makes sense, being based in Texas, that they would launch at TPF.
However, that exposes their weak business model, IMO. Selling to pinball fans at shows. That works for Spooky and the numbers they push, but that is failure for anyone trying to be bigger than "boutique".
Pinball shows are low hanging fruit, but there isn't much.

They have taken a beating on Pinside without people seeing games. They need to change that narrative and let pinsiders get to actually know the company, good or bad.

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They have taken a beating on Pinside without people seeing games. They need to change that narrative and let pinsiders get to actually know the company, good or bad.

You don't think they'd have been better off not letting us get to know them?

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't think they'd have been better off not letting us get to know them?

Not if they are trying to see you a product.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is it Day's or Daze?

IMG_0176 (resized).JPGIMG_0176 (resized).JPG

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Now they just need to produce. I don't really know what else they could say at this point. If I were advising them, I'd tell them to perhaps release a short update each month, but beyond that just work on the machines.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Indeed. They definitely should consider rebranding. I thought the name alone was bad, but then saw the logo. You are so right. It does look like something is penetrating an arsehole..lol.

That has got to be the worst logo and name combination I have ever seen. Australia is a huge market for pinball and something got lost in translation here. This just cracks me up (Makes me laugh).

#746 6 years ago

I think in the deeproot pinball logo, it is trying to represent a 'pinball' in the center.
It varies in other deeproot entities.
(only my opinion so it could certainly be wrong!)

Messages Image(2055979197) (resized).pngMessages Image(2055979197) (resized).png
Messages Image(3077993264) (resized).pngMessages Image(3077993264) (resized).png

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Indeed. They definitely should consider rebranding. I thought the name alone was bad, but then saw the logo. You are so right. It does look like something is penetrating an arsehole..lol.
That has got to be the worst logo and name combination I have ever seen. Australia is a huge market for pinball and something got lost in translation here. This just cracks me up (Makes me laugh).

You must be mistaken as everyone knows high flying attorneys have their pulse on branding more than the stupid average joe like us.

#748 6 years ago

Sell a ton of pins?

Jimmy Buffet

Get it done

1 week later
#749 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Looks like the time frame for the infamous 5 days of deeproot has been announced. Day 5 of 5 will be in about 1 year - at next year's TPF (photo taken from the TPF main thread).

Does anyone else feel uneasy about this banner? Making weird time frame promises, like a weirdo company. Rather than an exciting announcement it comes of as desperate promises. Everyone hold onto your butts.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from ObiJohnKenobi:

Does anyone else feel uneasy about this banner? Making weird time frame promises, like a weirdo company. Rather than an exciting announcement it comes of as desperate promises. Everyone hold onto your butts.

Exactly

Put Up or Shut Up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/15?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.