• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 669.
#7901 4 years ago

"It is unfortunate that the unprecedented COVID-19 (Chinese coronavirus)"

I'm assuming Robert wrote this. Only he would be dumb enough to include racism in the message. Fox News started this BS.

#7902 4 years ago

^ WTF?

If you see racism in that message I would suggest is says more about your own preoccupation with race than anything about Robert's views!!!

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm assuming Robert wrote this. Only he would be dumb enough to include racism in the message. Fox News started this BS.

Dumb and racist. For someone you've never met, I assume, that's awfully presumptuous.

No wonder the guy stays outta this sewer!

Seriously...it's fatiguing all the insta judging and branding we do to one another, often total strangers. How does that make daily life more mellow, enjoyable and peaceful?

#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

How is it racist to say that something that came from China came from China? People that take anything and turn it into being about race when it has nothing to do with race are extremely infuriating (I've been told that preferring white milk over chocolate milk is racist). Please take that elsewhere.

#7905 4 years ago

I’m sorry but white milk<chocolate milk always and forever. No other opinion is valid. You racist!!!!

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I cannot wait for this launch party! This is no doubt going to go down as one of the biggest, most over hyped jokes in pinball history! Robert is already backpedaling and spinning. Just remember Robert, we cannot be wrong, we are the buyers of your games. When your Deeproot launch is met with disappointment and laughter by the community, you won’t be able to wordsmith your way out if it. This is not fake Corporate America, this is the real word! Games shipping in 2099!

Such a ray of sunshine

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Not only is that fine but it's also PC correct to call it the Wuhan virus... weird huh? lol

#7908 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I cannot wait for this launch party! This is no doubt going to go down as one of the biggest, most over hyped jokes in pinball history! Robert is already backpedaling and spinning. Just remember Robert, we cannot be wrong, we are the buyers of your games. When your Deeproot launch is met with disappointment and laughter by the community, you won’t be able to wordsmith your way out if it. This is not fake Corporate America, this is the real word! Games shipping in 2099!

Wow, first he's too brash and a prick, then it's too late to change the tone, now it's backpedalling...

Why can't you just wait and see what actually happens? - Wich IS actually changing (to the whole market) due to chinese Corona...

...wich maybe is not meant as racism but Robert only thinks people are dumb and he's talking about the beer (wich just makes hundreds of millions of loss due to people actually thinking that these are related)?

Summarized: Robert thinks you're dumb, I've just proven that as an absolute fact.

- Tetsuo

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Science actually called it that until 2 weeks ago (2019-nCoV, COVID-19, COVID-19 virus, Wuhan coronavirus und Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus), but the chinese city of wuhan and the country of china somehow didn't want the honor of being named as origin of the disease (like they allready are for the chinese rat coronavirus), so you're not entirely wrong. Only 99,9%.

#7910 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wow, first he's too brash and a prick, then it's too late to change the tone, now it's backpedalling...
Why can't you just wait and see what actually happens? - Wich IS actually changing (to the whole market) due to chinese Corona...
...wich maybe is not meant as racism but Robert only thinks people are dumb and he's talking about the beer (wich just makes hundreds of millions of loss due to people actually thinking that these are related)?
Summarized: Robert thinks you're dumb, I've just proven that as an absolute fact.
- Tetsuo

I haven't had a Corona in years but I'm tempted to buy a six pack just to show the other customers how ballsy I am

#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure their investors are a lot happier they put their money into deeproot pinball instead of the regular stock market.

I’m HIGHLY doubting that Spicoli since it happened long ago

For example, Apple was trading at $145 around Xmas of 2018

Now, today it closed at $277 a share

So, if we do the math Spicoli, what do you think Mr. Hand would say?

Then again Mr Spicoli I’m sure math was never your strong suit! But a few tasty buds and waves bro....

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

what do you think Mr. Hand would say?

"You're a wanker"?

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"You're a wanker"?

Lol. I’m a realist. Germans don’t call people wankers!!! Wtf

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So, if we do the math Spicoli, what do you think Mr. Hand would say?

Talk to the hand?

The Hand.gifThe Hand.gif
#7915 4 years ago

Wonder if they have time to make a 6th pin based on the pandemic. Valley Girl Vinnie in Virusville

#7916 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. I’m a realist. Germans don’t call people wankers!!! Wtf

I would never, I just imagined what our hands would tell us if they could speak.

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I would never, I just imagined what our hands would tell us if they could speak.

Mr. Hand was Spicoli's teacher and nemesis in the Fast Times movie. Hadn't thought about that one in years. Ray Walston from "My Favorite Martian".

Looks like Ice has a nickname for Odin that he's happy with

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

According to the Chinese, its was the US Army!!!!

Soo, whats it like walking about ready to be super offended. You must be a joy to hang with lol!

Too bad about all these cancellations though, real people are going to be affected by a virus that was cooked up in a Chinese lab, to divert attention from HK, that got out of control.. Or did it???

#7919 4 years ago

I thought this was a forum to discuss deep Root pinball? Maybe I walked through the wrong door again... anyone seen an exit sign?

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

According to the Chinese, its was the US Army!!!!
Soo, whats it like walking about ready to be super offended. You must be a joy to hang with lol!
Too bad about all these cancellations though, real people are going to be affected by a virus that was cooked up in a Chinese lab, to divert attention from HK, that got out of control.. Or did it???

I'm rarely offended by much, really. But the name of the virus is clear: Covid 19. There has been an uprise if violence toward Chinese ppl since the outbreak. Changing the name to something racial does nothing good. And I never said Robert was a racist. I just said, as I have before, he's an idiot when it comes to p.r.

#7921 4 years ago

Actually Covid 19 is the name of the disease you get from the virus... if we are counting chickens...

SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus.

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Actually Covid 19 is the name of the disease you get from the virus... if we are counting chickens...

Damn! I got a case of Corona! AND...I touched my face 3 times!

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn! I got a case of Corona! AND...I touched my face 3 times![quoted image]

With 24 to get through, I would hope more than three... touched your face.

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

From DR Website:
"deeproot Launch Information
UPDATED 3.12.2020
our launch day events will continue as-is

It’s irresponsible to hold anything but a virtual event given the pandemic.

#7925 4 years ago

It's irresponsible to buy so much toilet paper.

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn! I got a case of Corona! AND...I touched my face 3 times![quoted image]

But do you have toilet paper before you touched your face?

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There has been an uprise if violence toward Chinese ppl since the outbreak. Changing the name to something racial does nothing good.

I agree and thought the same when I read those words: why call it the Chinese coronavirus? That doesn't help a bit and has no purpose at all.

About Deeproot: good that they're revealing online. I do hope they present some nice games, with a Barry Oursler or another designers game, but I do fear it will disappoint. We'll see: whatever the reveal is, I always like to see new game(s), even if it's only just a game that's been improved since last showing. I don't know if that'd be enough to keep/get Deeproot out of trouble though (if they're not in big trouble already, that is).
In 10 days we'll be wiser than now (thanks to DS_Nadine for counting ).

#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I thought this was a forum to discuss deep Root pinball? Maybe I walked through the wrong door again... anyone seen an exit sign?

Agreed. Other than the direct impact the virus may have on deeproot’s launch, it’s just not relevant to this thread. I am not minimizing the seriousness of the situation we are all in, but it is not necessary for every thread to get infiltrated with coronavirus talk...there are other threads here on Pinside dedicated to it.

#7929 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

But do you have toilet paper before you touched your face?

Some people are afraid to shake hands because of the Corona virus.

I'm afraid to shake hands because of the shortage of toilet paper.

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed. Other than the direct impact the virus may have on deeproot’s launch, it’s just not relevant to this thread. I am not minimizing the seriousness of the situation we are all in, but it is not necessary for every thread to get infiltrated with coronavirus talk...there are other threads here on Pinside dedicated to it.

Yes and no.

Of course it affects the Deeproot reveal, but it'll affect them (and the others) after that as well.
I srsly hope for DR to have some breath left, because I assume business as a whole will slow down for a while, since a lot of people have other things to take care of now.

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes and no.
Of course it affects the Deeproot reveal, but it'll affect them (and the others) after that as well.
I srsly hope for DR to have some breath left, because I assume business as a whole will slow down for a while, since a lot of people have other things to take care of now.

For sure- Many, Many wont be Buying NIB for awhile.

#7932 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm afraid to shake hands because of the shortage of toilet paper.

c6c (resized).jpgc6c (resized).jpg
#7933 4 years ago

There’s zero chance this event happens in two weeks. Unless they are about to run out of money and seriously have no other option.

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I agree and thought the same when I read those words: why call it the Chinese coronavirus? That doesn't help a bit and has no purpose at all.
About Deeproot: good that they're revealing online. I do hope they present some nice games, with a Barry Oursler or another designers game, but I do fear it will disappoint. We'll see: whatever the reveal is, I always like to see new game(s), even if it's only just a game that's been improved since last showing. I don't know if that'd be enough to keep/get Deeproot out of trouble though (if they're not in big trouble already, that is).
In 10 days we'll be wiser than now (thanks to DS_Nadine for counting ).

what are we going to call chinese food now?!!!!

#7935 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

you are an asset to pinside

#7936 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s zero chance this event happens in two weeks. Unless they are about to run out of money and seriously have no other option.

They will be ok - they would be way under the 250 person threshold for gatherings I would think.
If they got 50 people to show up I'd be surprised.
Let er rip. Do the big reveal.

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

They will be ok - they would be way under the 250 person threshold for gatherings I would think.
If they got 50 people to show up I'd be surprised.
Let er rip. Do the big reveal.

They did mention it will be well below 100 people. Don’t know if that reflects the original attendance or the anticipated attendance post-CovidFest 2020.

There’s a really small part of me that thinks I will still drive down for it, but given that I am currently sick (just a plain cold, no fever), I don’t want to be “that guy” who unwittingly infects others.

Even prior to this, the majority of the world was going to experience the reveal via the Internet. I don’t see how this changes things that much for the launch itself.

#7938 4 years ago

@ cjhand - Kudos for exercising good judgement in regards to health and health of others. Everybody should do this. Thanks.

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did Barry say if it was a licensed or unlicensed theme? I am looking forward to it as well.

I don't really care if its licensed or not, too many people see that as being the most important.The 2 games I have by Barry are not licensed and I love them. Thats why I'm excited about this company and the titles. They aren't hiding behind a license to cover up a bad game like you know who.

#7940 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I don't really care if its licensed or not, too many people see that as being the most important.The 2 games I have by Barry are not licensed and I love them. Thats why I'm excited about this company and the titles. They aren't hiding behind a license to cover up a bad game like you know who.

I'm super excited for unlicensed themes. I was more motivated to buy DI because it was unlicensed. As long as the games are great, I'll do my best to support!

#7941 4 years ago

I have to say, this thread gets the Seinfeld award. Almost 8000 posts about nothing. I saw it getting hot and low and behold, it was about Robert being racist now. At this point I never want to see the pins released at risk of this thread dying

Keep it going Deeproot thread about nothing!

B914FCA4-C88D-4A9F-AB48-A927CE00917B (resized).pngB914FCA4-C88D-4A9F-AB48-A927CE00917B (resized).png
#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I have to say, this thread gets the Seinfeld award. Almost 8000 posts about nothing. I saw it getting hot and low and behold, it was about Robert being racist now. At this point I never want to see the pins released at risk of this thread dying
Keep it going Deeproot thread about nothing![quoted image]

then exit stage right.

#7943 4 years ago

I'm very much looking forward to the rebroadcast of the reveal.

TPF would have been awesome but I'm dying to know what titles they have planned and if possible, when they expect to release them.

#7944 4 years ago

Barry has an impressive list of unlicensed themed games that are very popular.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/barry-oursler

Seems Dennis was more involved with licensed themes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/dennis-nordman

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wrong.

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm rarely offended by much, really. But the name of the virus is clear: Covid 19. There has been an uprise if violence toward Chinese ppl...

Did the Spanish get there asses kicked in 1918?

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm rarely offended by much, really. But the name of the virus is clear: Covid 19. There has been an uprise if violence toward Chinese ppl since the outbreak. Changing the name to something racial does nothing good. And I never said Robert was a racist. I just said, as I have before, he's an idiot when it comes to p.r.

These virus’s start in China.Their marketplace is a combination market and slaughterhouse.Blood and virus’s from bats rats and civet cats oh my.Something in China needs to change call me a racist!

#7948 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Keep it going Deeproot thread about nothing![quoted image]

No soup for you!

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

These virus’s start in China.Their marketplace is a combination market and slaughterhouse.Blood and virus’s from bats rats and civet cats oh my.Something in China needs to change call me a racist!

O.K. You are a racist.

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Did the Spanish get there asses kicked in 1918?

"Was it over when the Germans bombed pear harbor?"

AH quote.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/159?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.