• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 669.
#7701 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That media that does that media thingy. Like reporting and stuff? Outside of pinside?

Except, it isn't.

What I was getting at is that pinball is not covered by regular media in the US almost at all. Many of the press are (as someone noted) podcasts and the rare "pinball is back!" write-up in a local magaazine.

Not unusual? No invites to the grand reveal? No promotion of the event itself ? No anticipatory press release *whatsoever* ?

These guys must be geniuses, because this is not how we do this in my business AT. ALL.

#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The media that does that media thingy. Like reporting and stuff.

Are you expecting heavy attendance by the major news media outlets? Other than TWIP, all I expect is a local gazette to attend the launch and then run an obligatory pinball nostalgia story on their human interest page.

#7703 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No? No invites to the grand reveal? No promotion of the event itself ? No anticipatory press release *whatsoever* ?
These guys must be geniuses, because this is not how we do this in my business AT. ALL.

Your business posts a list of invites on pinside?
Why would they do that?

I'd assume sending out invites to the recepients themselfes, that makes way more sense.
Best to make them very compelling and send them months ago... like deeproot did.

#7704 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Are you expecting heavy attendance by the major news media outlets? Other than TWIP, I expect a local gazette to attend the launch and then run an obligatory pinball nostalgia story on their human interest page.

No, I "expect" nothing but stick to the facts/ official statements given (wich kinda drives some people nuts), that is only one:
22 days left.

You guys keep on speculating.

#7705 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What I was getting at is that pinball is not covered by regular media in the US almost at all. Many of the press are (as someone noted) podcasts and the rare "pinball is back!" write-up in a local magaazine.
Not unusual? No invites to the grand reveal? No promotion of the event itself ? No anticipatory press release *whatsoever* ?

Seems like the open house event is simply to quell the curiosity of Are they doing anything. They have made it pretty clear they Will be at TPF and I would be surprised if they didn't have a last minute podium spot to discuss their new game(s). Without a doubt they Are finally pulling the curtain back and I for one am excited to see what they bring to the pinball world. I have no interest in their previous statements, promises, or business strategies personally as they don't effect or interest me. Bring us some new fun game opportunities and I will be happy!

#7706 4 years ago

Amazing...first people complained deeproot talked too much. The sentiment was shut up until you have a proper reveal and have a final product to show. So, this is what deeproot has been doing. And now people are complaining they are too quiet and don’t know how to launch a product. Has anyone ever heard of “the element of surprise”?...remarkable. And now the debate is what defines media and who should be allowed to “their” launch event...fantastic!

#7707 4 years ago

At times...Pinside can be more entertaining than reading the tabloids while standing in a check out line at the grocery store.

#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Amazing...first people complained deeproot talked too much. The sentiment was shut up until you have a proper reveal and have a final product to show. So, this is what deeproot has been doing. And now people are complaining they are too quiet and don’t know how to launch a product. Has anyone ever heard of “the element of surprise”?...remarkable. And now the debate is what defines media and who should be allowed to “their” launch event...fantastic!

I think it stems more from wishing success for them, than judging and assessing them as incompetent.

#7709 4 years ago

Other than some Jpop haters that want anything he is associated with to fail, I truly believe the majority of Pinsiders do want deeproot to be very successful. It would be good for all of us!

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

only to get an email stating only for Media...

I'm in. Time to bring back Talk Pinball !

LTG : )

#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm in. Time to bring back Talk Pinball !

LTG

I don't need to be Media to be excited and promote their product, I've been vocal with them in the past, just seemed like condescending...

#7712 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have no interest in their previous statements, promises, or business strategies personally as they don't effect or interest me.

There are a few here that will argue and try to tell you otherwise.

#7713 4 years ago

Everyone thinks they can build a pinball machine, and that pinball is easy. Which is easy to say standing in front of the lockbar. Then they get into it and discover its a logistics nightmare, fraught with all kinds of hassles, delays, design fails, supplier fails, and not to mention you need a good art department, a good shipping and receiving department, a good supplier liaison, a sound department, animation and digital assets development department, Legal team and licensing department, a QA and inspection department, plus HR, management, facilities department, janitorial staff, designers, mold makers, toolmakers, screen printers, digital printers, cabinetry and wood working shop...

Setting up and running a manufacturing business is one of the most complex undertakings in business, and requires huge capital investments, time, and personnel.

Designing a pinball machine is easy, on paper. Building a white wood, getting it to flip and flow, and getting all the mechs to run is straight forward engineering. Putting it all together, integrating the theme, artwork, sound, animations, light shows, mechanical engineering, rules and the like to make a profitable and fun title, that’s the hard part of pinball. When new pinball companies take well thought out bites of the pinball industry pie, they tend to be just as successful as the old school players in the game, but all of the established pinball manufacturers learned a long time ago, the squeamish should not try and make sausage or pinball machines. If deeproot learns anything from this exercise, they will either learn to eat crow, or figure out that trying to take too huge of a bite out of the pinball pie is going to make you do one of two things, spit back up a half digested mess, or choke to death on it while desperately trying to chew your way through it.

Everyone keeps saying they wish dr the best of luck and their success will be a good thing for everyone. I might agree except look at what American Pinball has achieved. They have delivered two fully flipping but thematically DOA titles, and even Stern has had some difficulty getting people to buy some of their titles. I look forward to what deeproot will offer, at what price points, but I don’t expect miracles or pricing any cheaper than $5500 FOB. Anyone else think RAZA is going to be another great JPop success?

#7714 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They have made it pretty clear they Will be at TPF

And they are doubling the best in show prizes according to the TPF website.

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/ Scroll down a ways.

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And they are doubling the best in show prizes according to the TPF website.
https://texaspinball.com/tpf/ Scroll down a ways.

Awesome, best get Prada all groomed and in her best outfit to win best in show! lol

#7716 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did a bit of internet sleuthing and there seems to be like zero anything going on promoting this. This thread is as good as it gets, which is sad. This is the culmination of years and millions of dollars.
Deeprootstudios twitter (74 followers) last post was August 2019.
As much as Robert shits on Pinside, you remove this thread and there is NO ONE talking about the big launch, of a game we've already seen (that no one talks about).

Don’t you ever stop ? Always negative negative negative I get it you lost money and more with all this but you just never stop man ! All you do is ruin it for people who want to enjoy the moment and held out until the end !(Like me) You’ve just become a troll and don’t even know it. Sheesh !

#7717 4 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Don’t you ever stop ? Always negative negative negative I get it you lost money and more with all this but you just never stop man ! All you do is ruin it for people who want to enjoy the moment and held out until the end !(Like me) You’ve just become a troll and don’t even know it. Sheesh !

There was a chance to get a refund and it happened so it’s much better to trash them.
Now I don’t know if DR will be successfull but it seems like a lot want them to fail even if they don’t recognize it always saying I wish them the best. yes sure... I still don’t get what is the problem to have more choice on this tiny market with saving cost overpriced pins with ultra-limited edition stupid marketing. I want something different and we’ll see but I have still faith. 3 weeks left....

#7718 4 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Couldn’t agree more.

#7719 4 years ago

Unless you have a personal grudge, we all want Deeproot to succeed. Who of us wouldn't want great new pinball machines, with new innovation at below current market prices?

In less than a month, we will see what Deeproot has been promising. We will see if the hype matches the reality. It's been a long buildup to this point. I'm usually a lurker, but have been watching this with piqued interest. <b>There has been a TON of talent and $$ invested in this venture.</b> Honestly, that alone should make us pinball folk happy. But we will have to wait another few days to see if that effort will bear fruit.

My take - I'm excited to see the results, but skeptical, ...very skeptical.

#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Nice spin. People complained because they trash talked the competition and made astonishing bold claims without showing anything. The sentiment was, “it would have been better to remain in stealth mode and wow us when you have something to show.”

BUT SINCE THEY DID NOT DO THAT, I pointed out that best practices in entertainment (at least in video games, my industry) were to regularly publish dev logs, teasers, interesting bits to build awareness and buzz. They failed to do this.

Now if they actually have something so revolutionary, like iPhone revolutionary, then maybe surprise is what they should have stuck with all along. Only they did not do that either... they showed RAZA back in November. So maybe this is like, PlayStation big. That would be cool.

Because it’s also possible to want them to deliver a great product while pointing out what seem to be glaring flaws in their plan, or issues we see with their product.

#7722 4 years ago

Some people seem to just ignore or misconstrue the information presented over the years. From the writings there is no sense or reason for them, which is understandable considering the apparent disregard for what has been stated.

Never mind.

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did a bit of internet sleuthing and there seems to be like zero anything going on promoting this. This thread is as good as it gets, which is sad. This is the culmination of years and millions of dollars.
Deeprootstudios twitter (74 followers) last post was August 2019.
As much as Robert shits on Pinside, you remove this thread and there is NO ONE talking about the big launch, of a game we've already seen (that no one talks about).

I don't take that entirely as a bad thing. I do think it would be smart for Deeproot to bring in other media besides "pinball media," especially if the goal is to reach more consumers. However, even if that is their plan, why would any of those media outlets be discussing Deeproot three weeks out? Let's say they invite IGN or other mainstream media, they aren't going to be promoting the lead up to the event.

I think concern should be reserved for if they have their announcement event and nobody is talking about them coming out of the event.

#7724 4 years ago

"built and textured for deeproot studios" by digital artist Jeremy Wood. Every theme park needs a soda machine of course... but why such high detail for this relatively banal object? Hmmmm
jeremy-wood-soda-machine (resized).jpgjeremy-wood-soda-machine (resized).jpg

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

"built and textured for deeproot studios" by digital artist Jeremy Wood. Every theme park needs a soda machine of course... but why such high detail for this relatively banal object? Hmmmm
[quoted image]

Probably just some exercise. But did you just find that posted randomly? It's really distorted... the base doesn't match the perspective of the fountain... the dispenser tabs are out of perspective..

#7726 4 years ago

When I think pinball, I know I think feces-tainted public generic soda dispenser!

#7727 4 years ago

That's not a soda machine...it's a "new and innovative" drop target mechanism.

#7728 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When I think pinball, I know I think feces-tainted public generic soda dispenser!

Come on lets make lemonade out of lemons! When you think feces tainted public generic soda dispenser, you can now think pinball. Oh wait...

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Probably just some exercise. But did you just find that posted randomly? It's really distorted... the base doesn't match the perspective of the fountain... the dispenser tabs are out of perspective..

It’s a 3D render so perhaps just a quirky angle. I got it from a portfolio of a visual artist in Sandy, Utah (where deeproot are based). There are some other renders as well such as a kebab A drain cover and a really fat man Wearing a unicorn tshirt in a cartoon style (think Wall-E)

#7730 4 years ago

Yep there is certainly some s#it out of perspective in here that's for sure, and it aint just the renderings!! Lol

#7731 4 years ago

Loving the epic self owns going on here.

#7732 4 years ago

Some more deeproot artwork. The Kebab looks fairly well proportioned with some nice charring on the onion etc. The man, however... well I think that's on purpose. Perhaps he's been printing out all the negative posts about DR on pinside and then eating them?

jeremy-wood-kebab2 (resized).jpgjeremy-wood-kebab2 (resized).jpgjeremy-wood-eatershy (resized).jpgjeremy-wood-eatershy (resized).jpg
#7734 4 years ago

I'm starting to look forward to the "reveal"....

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Amazing...first people complained deeproot talked too much. The sentiment was shut up until you have a proper reveal and have a final product to show.

Quoted from Brijam:

Nice spin. People complained because they trash talked the competition and made astonishing bold claims without showing anything. The sentiment was, “it would have been better to remain in stealth mode and wow us when you have something to show.”

Yeah, they really put themselves in a tough spot. That said, I much prefer the "radio silence" approach versus continuing on with their initial method of communication. I won't be at Texas, but I'm excited to see what they come up with.

#7736 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I'm starting to look forward to the "reveal"....

You should!

Whatever happens will be entertaining.

If they reveal everything promised: Awesome! New, great, cheap games!!!
If they fail hard: Awesome! Enough stuff to troll about on pinside for years!!!
If reality hits (in the middle): Awesome! We get parts of both.

I'm looking forward to TPF. We get Deeproot right before, AP on (what's with JJP?), and propably Stern TMNT 2 days after.

If Deeproot only brings one finished game, that'd still be 3 games in march.

#7737 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You should!
I'm looking forward to TPF. We get Deeproot right before, AP on (what's with JJP?), and propably Stern TMNT 2 days after.

There is also a good chance that CGC will be revealing their next game as well...

#7738 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You should!

Also a Rick and Morty, along with 3 or 4 copies of "Celts" by Haggis pinball.

#7739 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also a Rick and Morty, along with 3 or 4 copies of "Celts" by Haggis pinball.

I meant new & unrevealed (assuming that RAZA will differ from the prototype in a lot of ways).

#7740 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

There is also a good chance that CGC will be revealing their next game as well...

I appreciate what they're doing, but with the time they take for everything I wouldn't hold my breath.
(At the moment and I'm happy to be proven wrong!)

#7741 4 years ago

I've been unplugged for about a month. Has there been any other info leaked/released other than on RAZA or MG?

IMG_5648-small (resized).jpgIMG_5648-small (resized).jpg
#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I've been unplugged for about a month. Has there been any other info leaked/released other than on RAZA or MG?[quoted image]

Just speculation. Here is all we know...

https://deeprootpinball.com/

#7744 4 years ago

It’s amazing some of the things that get downvotes.

#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s amazing some of the things that get downvotes.

Feel free to downvote payback

#7746 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Do what?

#7747 4 years ago
2BF8C53B-F9F1-433C-A443-C0FB179343AE (resized).png2BF8C53B-F9F1-433C-A443-C0FB179343AE (resized).png
#7748 4 years ago

Fyre Festival 2.0

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hey wolfemaaaaaan (you thought 3 a’s was cool...6 is way cooler), you never answered my question...what’s this downvote payback thing you speak of???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.