Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 672.
#7351 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

With Stern's crazy production schedule, the market had become pretty saturated.

Stern releases as many titles as are needed to keep their factory humming. If their release schedule has increased that tells us each title is selling less.

#7352 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-fixesplease-keep-everything-else-in-the-other-thread#post-5425765

Interesting post #13

Deeproot just need to have some good reliable games, and not root it up!

#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Stern releases as many titles as are needed to keep their factory humming. If their release schedule has increased that tells us each title is selling less.

Yes and no... because of lead times you pretty much commit to things and either you keep piling stuff up (sitting on inventory) or you use it. They have to forecast their production schedule well ahead of their actual sales performance. For instance Stranger Things selling now in January... the parts funnel to feed the factory for Jan and Feb was put in motion months ago. You can change course, but you'd still have those parts for the stuff you didn't build. So you can only change so much or so frequently before your pile of 'prior plan' parts becomes overwhelming.

The bigger indicator is re-runs. They can hedge their bets and make initial runs smaller... and then turn to re-runs to fill demand if it's there.. instead of going risky with bigger initial runs and hoping it sells.

Stern can manage soft sales by managing/planning the production schedule with titles that are easier to pull forward in the schedule.

Stern has optimized their factory for pivoting between titles... but the supply chain and ramp up for production is still there. That means stockpiling inventory and managing the lead times.

If Stern had a steady stable of 'hit games' they could produce, you could say "well stop/slow development of new titles not yet in production... aim for 3 releases instead of 4...". But that kind of decision is more a long range outlook change.. not something you can do on a quarterly basis. And at least in recent times, Stern seems content to push the size of their catalog to grow the addressable market.

#7355 4 years ago

I think RAZA could have a playfield display ....

6495d0d389aff4b091945637a2eb567a1fc2a035 (resized).jpg6495d0d389aff4b091945637a2eb567a1fc2a035 (resized).jpg

The entire area is void of inserts.

This is also the kind of inventory that can apply to multiple titles...

#7356 4 years ago

I srsly hope for no display there, you need that space for dome center artpiece.

One thing came to mind what I wish of deeproot:
Instant on! (Short loading times.)

I got into the hobby because videogames (PS3 era) got me mad, having to download gigabytes of patches, installing games and wait for lots of intros, when I occasionally have time to play.

So I got my first pin that just... flips „on“.
Spike 1 and 2 are different allready but still bearable. But srsly don‘t take longer please.

#7357 4 years ago

Is Mark Ritchie one of the guys working at Deeproot? ...

#7358 4 years ago

David Thiel is working at Deeproot

Just got off my Alien. He is a HUGE asset

#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes he is. Great guy too.

The party coming up at Deeproot is going to be exciting. That is for sure.

I hope parts of it can be posted after the fact.

LTG : )

#7360 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I sense there’s a euphemism or two in this post.

#7361 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes he is. Great guy too.
The party coming up at Deeproot is going to be exciting. That is for sure.
I hope parts of it can be posted after the fact.

Some of the workshops and presentations are planned to be live-streamed (which is a bit of a misnomer as it will technically be on delay and not actually live), other bits will be recorded and viewable at a later time.

Presentations which will be streamed:
-Launch presentation
-Launch Q&A
-RAZA playthrough by Steven Bowden

Presentations which will be recorded and uploaded to view at a later date
-Mechanical Engineering Panel and Q&A
-Game Design panel and Q&A
-Sales & Distribution Panel
-Electrical Engineering panel and Q&A
-deeproot Studios panel and Q&A

#7362 4 years ago

43 days...

#7364 4 years ago

Thanks...I’ve been slacking!

#7365 4 years ago

I love how this company could potentially be one of the biggest things to happen to pinball, yet this thread is dead.... lol

#7366 4 years ago

I think people are tired of talk talk talk. Thankfully they are going to be showing (and shipping?) real games soon.

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think people are tired of talk talk talk. Thankfully they are going to be showing (and shipping?) real games soon.

Man I totally forgot about this thread and company. Hopefully they show you know... something eventually. I saw they made 3 of the Zombie games ... so that’s nice. But it’s been what.. 3+ years ?

#7368 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I totally forgot about this thread and company. Hopefully they show you know... something eventually. I saw they made 3 of the Zombie games ... so that’s nice. But it’s been what.. 3+ years ?

The prototype RAZA games at the Houston show in 2019 were the first games they have shown to the public. They have an full unveiling event the week of Texas Pinball Festival.

https://deeprootpinball.com

#7369 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The prototype RAZA games at the Houston show in 2019 were the first games they have shown to the public. They have an full unveiling event the week of Texas Pinball Festival.

Yep. Although I believe the “full unveiling” language has been walked back a bit

#7370 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I love how this company could potentially be one of the biggest things to happen to pinball, yet this thread is dead.... lol

Shhh...

It‘s (way) better this way.

Just sit, wait and eventually enjoy the show; whatever it‘ll be.

#7371 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They have an full unveiling event the week of Texas Pinball Festival.

I would not expect to see nothing other than RAZA based on the last interview that Robert did with Kaneda.

#7372 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I would not expect to see nothing other than RAZA based on the last interview that Robert did with Kaneda.

The 5 days of RAZA? What a letdown compared to the earlier expectations that Robert was setting.

#7373 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The 5 days of RAZA? What a letdown compared to the earlier expectations that Robert was setting.

He learned the hard way not to announce anything beforehand.

#7374 4 years ago

Um. We’ve already seen the game. Fine, they’ll reveal their backglass now.

There’s not much more to talk about despite the all-day event schedule.

#7375 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Shhh...
It‘s (way) better this way.
Just sit, wait and eventually enjoy the show; whatever it‘ll be.

Too late, it's rooted again. So much vacuous pesimism Lol

#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I love how this company could potentially be one of the biggest things to happen to pinball, yet this thread is dead.

This thread maybe did more harm than good. For them, pinball, and Pinside.

Maybe they'll wait until TPF and let things sort themselves out afterwards.

#7377 4 years ago

Wait, are you saying you do expect something else besides RAZA or you dont expect to see anything other than RAZA? This double negative is confusing me.

#7378 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Wait, are you saying you do expect something else besides RAZA or you dont expect to see anything other than RAZA? This double negative is confusing me.

I did not realize how tired I was when I had typed that. Just RAZA is all I expect to be revealed.

Double negatives don't make a positive.

#7379 4 years ago

Double negatives don't make a positive.

Mathematecally it is.

In terms of language usage it depends from where you are from.

(I don't want to smart-ass you. Just a common language barrier problem.)

#7380 4 years ago

Gotcha. Well that will be disappointing to say the least. Id like to see a game apiece from each designer. If not, what the hell have they been doing this whole time?

#7381 4 years ago

Gotcha. Well that will be disappointing to say the least. Id like to see a game apiece from each designer. If not, what the hell have they been doing this whole time?

Each designer has 3 games in different levels of design. Robert mentions that in the interview. He mentions generically how far along some are, but not specifically mentioning designer names/games.

Fret not, they will be releasing games throughout the year.

#7382 4 years ago

If not, what the hell have they been doing this whole time?

It does take much longer to build a company from scratch, especially when they are making their own board set.

#7383 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting a number of game designs and specifications finished, then they manufacture the exact numbers ordered by customers as they go -- not committing to xx number of units per design. This would explain their previous claim they would have such a large number of games available for purchase within a year.

Kind of manufacturing just what they need to, to fill orders.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer custom options for each design, as well.

We'll see, could be interesting.

My avatar tells me that I must order that cool-looking Alice in Wonderland game -- if it is well done

#7384 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't want to smart-ass you

Didn’t you mean to say that you don’t want to not be a smartass?

#7385 4 years ago

I personally was rooting for Deeproot, but I no longer believe a damn thing that Robert says. He reminds me of a fake politician that spins the truth to suit his needs. Deeproot will go nowhere and it has failed before it started like so many before them. The very people working for the company know this and are just happy to milk the cow while they can.

#7386 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I personally was rooting for a Deeproot, but I no longer believe a damn thing that Robert says. He reminds me of a fake politician that spins the truth to suit his needs. Deeproot will go nowhere and it has failed before it started like so many before them. The very people working for the company know this and are just happy to milk the cow while they can.

Thats a fairly broad brush there. It almost sounds like you are saying the employees believe or know this is a scam.

#7387 4 years ago

I personally was rooting for a Deeproot, but I no longer believe a damn thing that Robert says. He reminds me of a fake politician that spins the truth to suit his needs. Deeproot will go nowhere and it has failed before it started like so many before them. The very people working for the company know this and are just happy to milk the cow while they can.

Do you, @thedarkknight77, think the launch will happen in 42 days as scheduled?

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Do you think the launch will happen in 42 days as scheduled?

Looks like it will.

#7389 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like it will.

I definitely think it will...anticipation is growing! I wasn’t very clear...I was asking thedarkknight77 if he thinks it will happen.

#7390 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Didn’t you mean to say that you don’t want to not be a smartass?

*smart-arse

Double negatives are the flavour of the day!

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer custom options for each design, as well.

Robert said in the last interview some titles will have options/tiers and some titles will not.

#7392 4 years ago

You are in the dark, knight..

#7393 4 years ago

You are in the dark, knight.

About deeproot? Aren't we all?

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

About deeproot? Aren't we all?

I am strictly talking about his assumptions that the company is going to fold even before the launch that is happening in less than 43 days.

#7395 4 years ago

I personally was rooting for a Deeproot, but I no longer believe a damn thing that Robert says. He reminds me of a fake politician that spins the truth to suit his needs.

These are very successfull I‘ve heard.

#7396 4 years ago

In Roberts last interview, he definitely walked back his earlier boasts about pricing and pivoted to "best value for the money", which tells me these games are going to be expensive. He is also banking on outselling Stern in every way. Can the market really absorb a large quantity of titles at a high price point? I don't think this is possible. $8k, $9k and up is going to price Deeproot out of a big chunk of the market. I think if you want to inflict pain to your competitors, you need to have some games priced below Stern Pro pricing with better features. Selling all of your games at or above Stern Premium pricing just makes you another boutique manufacturer.

#7397 4 years ago

Deeproot trademarked "Every family needs a pinball...Every pinball needs a family"

https://trademarks.justia.com/875/31/every-family-needs-a-pinball-every-pinball-needs-a-87531117.html

as well as "Pinball for the masses"

https://trademarks.justia.com/882/82/pinball-for-the-88282791.html

which would imply a mass-market price, or that was their original intent.

Being the best "value" at boutique pricing isn't a mass-market solution.

#7398 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

which would imply a mass-market price, or that was their original intent.
Being the best "value" at boutique pricing isn't a mass-market solution.

All marketing data points to appeal to the largest demographic for a luxury home entertainment device, think TV, entertainment system, pool table,etc., the top price point is, give or take a few dollars is $3K.
To mass market a pinball machine for the "non-pinball" to the mass home market a manufacture would need to:

1. Create a desire for a substantial percentage of the average home owner to want a pinball machine in their home.
2. Keep the price point under $3K.

1. would take a multi media multi million dollar marketing campaign
2. would result in a machine that most people in the pinball community would not consider a "real" pinball machine.

my $0.02

#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

All marketing data points to appeal to the largest demographic for a luxury home entertainment device, think TV, entertainment system, pool table,etc., the top price point is, give or take a few dollars is $3K.
To mass market a pinball machine for the "non-pinball" to the mass home market a manufacture would need to:
1. Create a desire for a substantial percentage of the average home owner to want a pinball machine in their home.
2. Keep the price point under $3K.
1. would take a multi media multi million dollar marketing campaign
2. would result in a machine that most people in the pinball community would not consider a "real" pinball machine.
my $0.02

Arcade 1up and Toyshock are already doing this with digital pinball. Well, the 1up machine isn't out yet...but it's set to drop shortly.

#7400 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Arcade 1up and Toyshock are already doing this with digital pinball. Well, the 1up machine isn't out yet...but it's set to drop shortly.

And I hope they are hugely successful and hold out hope they will be "gateway" machines to the traditional machines!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/148?hl=mercifull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.