Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 672.
#7251 4 years ago

We are jumping to conclusions here.

Maybe deep root will include 2 free toppers on every game!

#7252 4 years ago

I'm happy with a layer of dust.

#7253 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are jumping to conclusions here.
Maybe deep root will include 2 free toppers on every game!

Or maybe a topper and a bottom...er? Undercab lighting or a projector to put animated graphics on the floor in front of the pin.

#7254 4 years ago

Hey don't knock it, deeproot is offering free drinks and snacks, and will be throwing a luncheon to boot.

#7255 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or maybe a topper and a bottom...er? Undercab lighting or a projector to put animated graphics on the floor in front of the pin.

Yeah when is someone gonna do that? Kind of surprised it hasn’t happened.

Check out the sweet projection on the mustang I rented last weekend

F0A86AC0-DEBA-45CA-865A-978F7DAEB508 (resized).jpegF0A86AC0-DEBA-45CA-865A-978F7DAEB508 (resized).jpeg
#7256 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Check out the sweet projection on the mustang I rented last weekend[quoted image]

Extremely surprising, could be a $100 mod with a $5 BOM.

#7257 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Check out the sweet projection on the mustang I rented last weekend[quoted image]

I messed around with the car door ones on a jjPotC, but the resolution was pretty crap due to the very small size of the slide and limited projection power so the image projected on the floor in front of the machine was what I would call unacceptable. HOWEVER a decent pico projector could put up very cool and inviting animated video on the floor in front of the machine. Would be very awesome if done right (aka, not Stern).

#7258 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I messed around with the car door ones on a jjPotC, but the resolution was pretty crap due to the very small size of the slide and limited projection power so the image projected on the floor in front of the machine was what I would call unacceptable. HOWEVER a decent pico projector could put up very cool and inviting animated video on the floor in front of the machine. Would be very awesome if done right (aka, not Stern).

#SternBurn

#7259 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Check out the sweet projection on the mustang I rented last weekend.

They're called pony projector lights (one on the underside of each side view mirror). First available on the 2013 Mustang only in a package with heated seats and heated outside mirrors. My wife has them (and many other options) on her Mustang GT premium.

#7260 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Extremely surprising, could be a $100 mod with a $5 BOM.

I actually bought a pair of these (with a different pic) for ~3$ from Ali Express.

#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I actually bought a pair of these (with a different pic) for ~3$ from Ali Express.

But the quality for anything beyond simple vector images is poor.

#7262 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They also released them around the time of the game, not 2 years later. So yeah, things are worse now.

Unless you got a Rick and Morty!

Only thing is your topper could well be ready a year before your game is! Lol

#7263 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sign of the times when a piece of crap topper is no longer included from some companies but is a $600- $800 optional add on.

Kind of like some new cars that do not include a spare tire....

#7264 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Kind of like some new cars that do not include a spare tire....

Getting rid of the spare tire is as much a cost savings as it is a weight reduction tool to help vehicles meet MPG rules. Both reasons are poor though, in my opinion.

#7265 4 years ago

Making progress...67.

#7266 4 years ago

Screenshot_2020-01-17 deeproot Pinball (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-01-17 deeproot Pinball (resized).png

66 ... and a bit

So, is this clock regionally adjusted? .... even though it is for a single local event?

18 hours from right now is 9am, here in Australia. I thought the event would start about 2am Australian time.

Does this mean we will get to access the launch info on the website 16 hours in advance? .... what happens to the website when the clock reaches zero?

Just curious questions Lol

btw, I do believe they must have something in store that is going to make an impact. Some of the 2yr old interviews describe pretty closely what is going on in the present leadup to launch, albeit delayed. What the (RAZA) First DR prototype non market pinball would be intended to represent (as far as DR is concerned), among other stuff I'd forgotten or missed.

DR Website : The ... "event will feature the long-anticipated launch of the deeproot Pinball company after several years of safeguarded R&D."

.... If all is going according to plan, then we all have no Idea about the big things, no Idea about most of what is new, nor about what is going to be brought to the arena in 2 months time.

Look at what we know. 2 year old prototype. That's basically it. Plus some interviews... Sounds about right.

#7267 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
66 ... and a bit
So, is this clock regionally adjusted? .... even though it is for a single local event?
18 hours from right now is 9am, here in Australia. I thought the event would start about 2am Australian time.
Does this mean we will get to access the launch info on the website 16 hours in advance? .... what happens to the website when the clock reaches zero?
Just curious questions Lol
btw, I do believe they must have something in store that is going to make an impact. Some of the 2yr old interviews describe pretty closely what is going on in the present leadup to launch, albeit delayed. What the (RAZA) First DR prototype non market pinball would be intended to represent (as far as DR is concerned), among other stuff I'd forgotten or missed.

All are excellent questions...”time” will tell!

I truly do believe deeproot WILL be a game changer. Honestly, the pinball industry needs it.

#7268 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I truly do believe deeproot WILL be a game changer.

I truly do believe deeproot IS trying to finish a game. Within 66 days.

#7269 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After years and millions of dollars i hope so. One game would be great!

#7270 4 years ago

Here is my pledge right now.

If i want a DR game in the future i'll buy one myself.

I want my $4950 that i lost to Jpop, refused to file a lawsuit against him, and got a credit from DR, to go to pinball charity guys, Ken Cromwell et al

Send a game or the $$$ if DR will agree to it. I see the airfare, hotel rooms etc. going to deserving people but i'd like to give my lesser amount to charity versus airfare, hotels and whatever else

Can we make that happen?

#7271 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

i'd like to give my lesser amount to charity

I thought you already wrote if off as charity.

#7272 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought you already wrote if off as charity.

I did. But they gave me credit. Email sent.

I've written a shit load of stuff off as charity and feel good about it. This feels right

Hotels, airfare etc. I'd like to put it better use

I will post whatever Deeproot replies to me

#7273 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My silly GUESSes for DR at TPF:

-I rekon they will show with 3 titles For Sale.

-They will "sneak peek" another 3-6 Coming Titles.

-RAZA + Licenced Theme + Dennis Nordman Unlicenced Theme.

-I really think PB Alien could well be the Licenced theme, to demonstrate their "customisable package" or "contract capabilities". Makes sense and explains alot of goings on. Also if this were correct it would be super secret... and well... we seem to have no verified or definitive info, no clear statments?.

-Sneak Peek at AIW and Magic Girl.

Actually maybe not too silly. I think most of this would be reasonable to assume.

There are plenty of questions!

Is there going to be a Theme adopted that may have a MASSIVE following worldwide?

What other licence/s might DR have for their BIG Licenced theme?

*Obviously not Rick and Morty

#7274 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I want my $4950 that i lost to Jpop, refused to file a lawsuit against him, and got a credit from DR, to go to pinball charity guys, Ken Cromwell et al
Send a game or the $$$ if DR will agree to it. I see the airfare, hotel rooms etc. going to deserving people but i'd like to give my lesser amount to charity versus airfare, hotels and whatever else
Can we make that happen?

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

#7275 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

It's "possible" if THEY want to f ing do it? Get it?

Wow, the stupidity of it all is sometimes mind blowing. Really not. Par for the course

#7276 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can we make that happen?

Your the man Ice!

#7277 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's "possible" if THEY want to f ing do it? Get it?
Wow, the stupidity of it all is sometimes mind blowing. Really not. Par for the course

Hey Ice...I got it...let’s see if you can “get it”. Sorry for whatever you went thru with Jpop, it’s unfortunate. But honestly, I don’t care about your pledge, whether or not you go to the launch event, whether or not you like what they have to offer, whether or not you buy a future pin from deeproot and if you do how you pay for it, whether it be your deeproot credit or out of your piggy bank...don’t care...get it? I am legitimately excited for what they are about to show us in just over two months. The industry needs a legitimate competitor to Stern which will benefit all of us. Stern is basically a monopoly with a few other companies fighting for the scraps. I love Stern pins but they can be so much more both in innovation and quality but have no need to change as they are currently manufacturing at 100% of their capacity. They need challenged and right now deeproot is the pinball industry’s best shot. Sorry for counting down the days until deeproot launches and sorry for being excited. Carry on with downvoting my excitement for deeproot and what the future of pinball may have in store for us because of them. I know I just wasted my time as I’m sure it’s just more stupidity in your eyes...carry on.

#7278 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Hey Ice...I got it...let’s see if you can “get it”. Sorry for whatever you went thru with Jpop, it’s unfortunate. But honestly, I don’t care about your pledge, whether or not you go to the launch event, whether or not you like what they have to offer, whether or not you buy a future pin from deeproot and if you do how you pay for it, whether it be your deeproot credit or out of your piggy bank...don’t care...get it? I am legitimately excited for what they are about to show us in just over two months. The industry needs a legitimate competitor to Stern which will benefit all of us. Stern is basically a monopoly with a few other companies fighting for the scraps. I love Stern pins but they can be so much more both in innovation and quality but have no need to change as they are currently manufacturing at 100% of their capacity. They need challenged and right now deeproot is the pinball industry’s best shot. Sorry for counting down the days until deeproot launches and sorry for being excited. Carry on with downvoting my excitement for deeproot and what the future of pinball may have in store for us because of them. I know I just wasted my time as I’m sure it’s just more stupidity in your eyes...carry on.

I was kinda trying to work out what all the DVs were for... I guess I just figured it was that time of the month, or just coz it's the DR thread, or something?. Only two more to go. Months that is

#7279 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will post whatever Deeproot replies to me

I know one thing for a fact.....Deeproot follows this Thread!

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I know one thing for a fact.....Deeproot follows this Thread!

Poor, poor, guys...

#7282 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

My silly GUESSes for DR at TPF:
-I rekon they will show with 3 titles For Sale.
-They will "sneak peek" another 3-6 Coming Titles.
-RAZA + Licenced Theme + Dennis Nordman Unlicenced Theme.
-I really think PB Alien could well be the Licenced theme, to demonstrate their "customisable package" or "contract capabilities". Makes sense and explains alot of goings on. Also if this were correct it would be super secret... and well... we seem to have no verified or definitive info, no clear statments?.
-Sneak Peek at AIW and Magic Girl.
Actually maybe not too silly. I think most of this would be reasonable to assume.
There are plenty of questions!
Is there going to be a Theme adopted that may have a MASSIVE following worldwide?
What other licence/s might DR have for their BIG Licenced theme?
*Obviously not Rick and Morty

It would be wise for them to announce their license I think, regardless of how far off the actual game is. Would get people interested again.

Nothing gets the NIB community hard like a good license. Only drawback is it could possibly cannibalize some RAZA sales but not sure how much meat is on that carcass anyway.

#7283 4 years ago

There are a lot of mysteries with this company, one of them is why they didn’t hire a proper marketing team with their big budgets.

I won’t be buying a RAZA. As an operator I don’t think it will draw quarters from pinheads unless there is something radical they held back from the prototype. And I don’t believe the theme will appeal to kids anywhere near as much as Jurassic Park, Stranger Things or Rick & Morty will. And I completely don’t understand the tiny DMD, given the investment in ex-Disney animators. I hope that was some kind of mistake.

I really hope to see the promised major innovations from them, but based on RAZA my expectations are low at this point.

#7284 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

There are a lot of mysteries with this company, one of them is why they didn’t hire a proper marketing team with their big budgets.
I won’t be buying a RAZA. As an operator I don’t think it will draw quarters from pinheads unless there is something radical they held back from the prototype. And I don’t believe the theme will appeal to kids anywhere near as much as Jurassic Park, Stranger Things or Rick & Morty will. And I completely don’t understand the tiny DMD, given the investment in ex-Disney animators. I hope that was some kind of mistake.
I really hope to see the promised major innovations from them, but based on RAZA my expectations are low at this point.

VERY good question that To my knowledge has not been asked to date. Hm. You’d think a very stable genius like Robert would know that perception is reality, and marketing is key.

#7285 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be wise for them to announce their license I think, regardless of how far off the actual game is. Would get people interested again.

Oh man, if they started doing that I would definitely think they are finished. That's straight out of the Heighway Playbook. Announce your next game because no one is talking about the one you have for sale.

#7286 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be wise for them to announce their license I think, regardless of how far off the actual game is.

Yes, and if it's not Sledge Hammer!, I'm probably done even giving them the time of day anymore.

Lets's just say, they had their chance.

#7287 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You don't care, so don't make a f ing smartass comment on what i was attempting to do then......Get it? I'm thinking you must care though with that reply. LOL

I have supported Deeproot much longer than you have, along with Jpop, and continue to do so! I'm also excited. That's why i didn't take the cash payout.

I have pinball machines coming out of my ass and figured it would be a nice thing to do.

Btw, Deeproot has already gotten back to me so that should be a good sign for "customer service" in the future. And what they have already done for former Jpop customers. All good.

So...carry on

#7288 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Didn't they?

You can't buy anything from them yet.
So why should they do marketing?

You're buying stuff the others market... as soon as you can buy it.

Deeproot will start to market their stuff when it's ready.
What're you thinking this countdown clock for "deeproot Launch Media & VIP Information" event is?

You're (not you, people here in generall) basically saying:
I BET THEY'RE ALLREADY COMPLETELY BROKE WITH ALL THAT INVESTOR MONEY, BUT I'M GENIUS, THEY SHOULD SPEND ADDITIONAL MILLIONS INTO MARKETING FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T EXIST YET!!!

You're all pretty genius.

#7289 4 years ago

So do these guys have the BTTF license? Wasn’t that a rumor at one point?

I’m hoping they show up to Texas with a truckload of games ready to sell & pickup immediately. Anything less will be a let down after two years of hype.

#7290 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

So do these guys have the BTTF license?

Not sure if that would spell doom for them, but hope that's not their ace in the hole.

#7291 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Didn't they?
What're you thinking this countdown clock for "deeproot Launch Media & VIP Information" event is?
I BET THEY'RE ALLREADY COMPLETELY BROKE WITH ALL THAT INVESTOR MONEY, BUT I'M GENIUS, THEY SHOULD SPEND ADDITIONAL MILLIONS INTO MARKETING FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T EXIST YET!!!

Um, anything produced by DR, be it art they have shown in regards to pinball, or the trailers, is marketing.

#7292 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I’m hoping they show up to Texas with a truckload of games ready to sell & pickup immediately. Anything less will be a let down after two years of hype.

Now would be a good time to start letting yourself down easy.

#7293 4 years ago

pinside needs a snooze button so I can just snooze this thread until the March reveal

#7294 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

pinside needs a snooze button so I can just snooze this thread until the March reveal

Just don’t visit this thread for the next 65 days.

#7295 4 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#7296 4 years ago

I don’t know, but if they did, I would say that they chose... unwisely.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I’m confused. Your position is that they are or are NOT marketing?

And it’s not my job to educate you on the benefits of marketing prior to launch, but let me ask you, when do you think marketing should start on a pinball machine?

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh never mind, you’ve already answered that. That may be the most ill-informed thing I’ve read on this thread, and that is saying a lot.

You really don’t know a thing about marketing, do you?

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think it’s 50% arrogance, 50% amateur hour.

Approximately five people are talking about the countdown here, including you and I. That’s not a win.

There’s a reason most arcade/pinball products are launched at shows. Think about it.

Look, they’re not Tesla. They’re a well-funded startup in a niche, intensely competitive industry. From what I can see they have two strengths: legendary, highly seasoned pinball designers and a very large number of talented movie animators.

Will those two things, plus money and time, be enough to overcome their primary deficit: a leader with zero experience in any form of entertainment or marketing? I don’t know, but I don’t even want to imagine the firehose that guy must be trying I to drink from just to process what is going on, let alone form a coherent strategy and execute.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That’s a straw man argument. Literally nobody here is saying that. Some people are wondering about where their money comes from based on a statement their main guy made, and I think I’m the only person who has ever asked about marketing, and it wasn’t to suggest spending millions on it.

Maybe lay off the drunk posting, eh?

#7297 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

From what I can see they have two strengths: legendary, highly seasoned pinball designers and a very large number of talented movie animators.

We know about some of the pinball designers, but do we really know anything about the "talented movie animators", other that RM claiming he has them?

I've worked with some "talented movie animators" and believe me, they are hard to come by (and "a very large number" of them seems unlikely).

#7298 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Maybe lay off the drunk posting, eh?

Yes, you should definately do that.

The marketing starts when you have something people can order.

What would you now despite the date when they're pull the curtain (wich they are doing)?

And why is it bad marketing to do what Stern does as well?
(Wich is not to talk or market unannounced stuff.)

#7299 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

but do we really know anything about the "talented movie animators", other that RM claiming he has them?

Yes and as always it's a pinside fuckup.

They got guys from the Disney Infinity layoff (wich was a video game) wich translated to "WHOA THEY GOT DISNEY ANIMATORS".

Well, of course they claim to have talented animators as well.

#7300 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes and as always it's a pinside fuckup.
They got guys from the Disney Infinity layoff (wich was a video game) wich translated to "WHOA THEY GOT DISNEY ANIMATORS".
Well, of course they claim to have talented animators as well.

Several of the names on LinkedIn are former Pixar animators. From MOVIES. For example, one guy lists Toy Story 4. I think that counts as a “Disney Animator”.

The other workers seem to be folks who just live in the area. There are a LOT of people who also have a company listed in which they themselves are the CEO. In other words, they formed an LLC and they’re likely the only employee. This smells bad, as if they’ve got their hands in too many buckets, and Deeproot employment is INO. Could be nothing though. Could be something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/146?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.