Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 672.
#7201 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..

I've been offered 2 machines for the money I lost with Zidware.
Never been asked to pay a dime at this point.
Got offered airfare, accommodations and passes to the TPF.

Not a bad deal so far.

Congratulations. I hope you have a safe trip. Lots of fun on the trip. And get two great games !

LTG : )

#7202 4 years ago

I applaud deeproot for making good and offering a free trip to the one J-pop customer that didn't take the refund and stayed the course.

#7203 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I applaud deeproot for making good and offering a free trip to the one J-pop customer that didn't take the refund and stayed the course.

I’m the second one

But got the Shasta shaft!!

#7204 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m the second one

Sounds like I will be getting my Rick and Morty before you get the games you pre ordered after all.

#7205 4 years ago

RAZA has yet to have a dedicated thread created, yet Rick and Morty has a thread with over 7,000 posts. The anticipation is off the charts.

#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m the second one

They are sending you on a free trip to Jersey to talk to Deeproots accounting dept. They thought you would be more interested in the 5 Days of Numbers package. On the upside they might have Fanta and chips/salsa.

#7207 4 years ago

Shasta, Fanta... they both mix well with vodka. And the lunch meats sampler and salsa tray sounds great!

#7208 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

They are sending you on a free trip to Jersey to talk to Deeproots accounting dept. They thought you would be more interested in the 5 Days of Numbers package. On the upside they might have Fanta and chips/salsa.

#7209 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..
Not a bad deal so far.

So you will get a RAZA and if there are any other DR titles at the TPF you can choose one of those? Sounds like an exciting trip to me. Good luck with it.

#7210 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

RAZA has yet to have a dedicated thread created, yet Rick and Morty has a thread with over 7,000 posts. The anticipation is off the charts.

Sure there is!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-buy-a-zombieland-pin-from-jpop

#7212 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..
Not a bad deal so far.

Wow.

Whatever will come out of this, there is no denying that they really mean it!

#7213 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Whatever will come out of this, there is no denying that they really mean it!

Sometimes those frequent flyer miles really come in handy.

#7214 4 years ago

Yep... got DR email tonight. It's a classy offer indeed. I'm now going the TPF for sure and I'm in a the RAZA.

#7215 4 years ago

We have two now. Better double up on those Oscar Meyer cold cuts.

#7216 4 years ago

No, these guys are serious. I bet when they say they are throwing a luncheon, they mean it.

market-cafe-hyatt-hotel-manila-buffet-jotan23-grilled-steak-oysters-shrimps-and-lobsters (resized).jpgmarket-cafe-hyatt-hotel-manila-buffet-jotan23-grilled-steak-oysters-shrimps-and-lobsters (resized).jpg

stock-photo-breakfast-eggs-omelette-omelette-bar-easter-buffet-56fbeb18-02da-43c3-8d0c-7cbc78fe6123 (resized).jpgstock-photo-breakfast-eggs-omelette-omelette-bar-easter-buffet-56fbeb18-02da-43c3-8d0c-7cbc78fe6123 (resized).jpg

#7217 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

No "real info", just some very good will. I don't see a "no share" statement so this is the offer.
---------------------
Hi!
We are sending this message to you as a Zidware Claimant who chose to extend his/her Goodwill Terms agreement to June 2020. In gratitude, we would like to offer you to be our guest (including flights, accommodations, and deeproot VIP room access) at the Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco Texas from March 27-29.
---------------------

Watch that no one tries to steal a kidney...

#7218 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, these guys are serious. I bet when they say they are throwing a luncheon, they mean it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So they’re taking everyone to Sizzler?

#7219 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So they’re taking everyone to Sizzler?

Last of the big spenders.

#7220 4 years ago

We goin’ sizzler, we goin’ sizzler....

#7221 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We goin’ sizzler, we goin’ sizzler....

I thought you were going to go get one of Banning's finest burritos.

#7222 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have two now. Better double up on those Oscar Meyer cold cuts.

Correction: There are at least three. Fulltilt and I are in similar positions w/r/t the Zidware G/W Settlement.

I'm very interested and extremely appreciative of their warm gesture. Can't say yet if I can make it due to a conflict with an annual ski trip in Breckenridge. Matter of fact this is why I've never been to TPF... bad timing. But this may very well be the year that changes.

Not sure I mentioned it before but I did go to the Houston expo this year and played the RAZA prototypes. Realizing that not many pins tick everybody's boxes, my gut says RAZA will develop a cult following and bring pleasure to many.

Now it's time to go work on convincing the Mrs we should add a stop in Dallas to our itinerary...

#7223 4 years ago

I'm glad they have stopped talkin' the talk and walkin' the walk instead. Good on Deeproot. Still have some nightmarish memories of Robert that refuse to dissipate and hate their shoddy attempt at manufacturing exclusivity, but I'm still super excited to see the new Jpop games. TOTAN has the best ramp in all of pinball IMHO, so I hope the new ramps are equally cool.

#7224 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Correction: There are at least three. fulltilt and I are in similar positions w/r/t the Zidware G/W Settlement.
I'm very interested and extremely appreciative of their warm gesture. Can't say yet if I can make it due to a conflict with an annual ski trip in Breckenridge. Matter of fact this is why I've never been to TPF... bad timing. But this may very well be the year that changes.
Not sure I mentioned it before but I did go to the Houston expo this year and played the RAZA prototypes. Realizing that not many pins tick everybody's boxes, my gut says RAZA will develop a cult following and bring pleasure to many.
Now it's time to go work on convincing the Mrs we should add a stop in Dallas to our itinerary...

As you know, the snow is great just got back from Breck.

Same for me with TPF, Breck and spring break!

This year we did Xmas break so if I’m not in Vegas for NCAAA hoops tourney I’ll be at TPF

Agree it’s been a nice gesture all the way around by DR

#7225 4 years ago

I've caught a pretty good cold these days and while I was fevering in my sleep I dreamt of the deeoproot reveal...

- XD srsly I'm not making that up XD -

Forgot the most anyway but they had at least a second game and it was "Django" (the italian, not "unchained", wild west movies).

There actually would be room for a new Wild West Game I suppose.

550px-Django_VLC (resized).png550px-Django_VLC (resized).png
#7226 4 years ago

It would need to be “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”

Instant buy

#7227 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Instant buy

Actually anything besides „Wild Wild West“ would be fine. XD

#7228 4 years ago
AD5ADBAF-42C1-49D5-99F3-4AD33FC738DE (resized).jpegAD5ADBAF-42C1-49D5-99F3-4AD33FC738DE (resized).jpeg
#7229 4 years ago

Where th white women at?

The sherrifs a .........

#7230 4 years ago

Blazing Saddles instant buy

#7231 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Instant buy

So much could be used with this classic film!!

#7232 4 years ago
MV5BZTczZGM0M2MtMWRjOC00NTMxLTg2ZDYtMjczOGNjNmMxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNjgzODE@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BZTczZGM0M2MtMWRjOC00NTMxLTg2ZDYtMjczOGNjNmMxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNjgzODE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
#7233 4 years ago
E23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).pngE23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).png
#7235 4 years ago

So if DR want to represent the "best value" in pinball, the standard for value has just been raised by Spooky. Interactive animated RGB controlled topper INcluded for 7k!

If they can't do the same, or a better level of product, for the same or lower price... what hope have DR got if they can't provide better overall value than a small, low volume, boutique pinball manufacturer?

#7237 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So if DR want to represent the "best value" in pinball, the standard for value has just been raised by Spooky. Interactive animated RGB controlled topper INcluded for 7k!
If they can't do the same, or a better level of product, for the same or lower price... what hope have DR got if they can't provide better overall value than a small, low volume, boutique pinball manufacturer?

Value isn't just price, in pinball it's fun for the money, which is also closely related to resale value. Spooky is getting there, but they're just now (IMO) on the cusp of getting a handle on engineering and funfactor which feed stable resale values. If DR falls between Spooky and Stern, they'll be fine. I seriously doubt they're shooting for the gap between Stern and JJP.

#7238 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Value isn't just price, in pinball it's fun for the money....

That forms part of my point. Since Spooky revealed RM the bar for overall Value has been rising, the goalposts have moved a little.

I realise volume restrictions soften the impact it could have on larger manufacturers, but Spooky is in cometition for Pinball Money just like all the others. They did gather their full quota in a matter of hours, just recently.

#7239 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That forms part of my point. Since Spooky revealed RM the bar for overall Value has been rising, the goalposts have moved a little.
I realise volume restrictions soften the impact it could have on larger manufacturers, but Spooky is in cometition for Pinball Money just like all the others. They did gather their full quota in a matter of hours, just recently.

All fair but as nobody has played nor seen live R&M it might be a bit Early to use it as an example of pinball success. I am hopeful as I have one on order but way early to call it the definition of success yet.

#7240 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Spooky needs to crystallize their engineering before they'll be a threat to anyone in the value/resale category. There's still too many weird shots, misplaced switches, and ball traps to be a serious contender. ACNC is MUCH better than what came before, but still has key problems in common with AMH and RZ. I think they're getting there and will eventually arrive, but not sure if that's on R*M (seems too soon) or some future pin, although R*M could be their Harley Davidson pin (that fans buy over and over regardless of whether it's actually a good/fun pin just because of the license/rabid fans).

If Deeproot lands between Stern and Spooky with reasonable engineering and fairly complete code at launch, they'll be fine.

#7241 4 years ago

Wow Lol...

All I ever meant was.... Free Interactive Topper!!, you know... Included In Price!.

7K - Interactive topper included. This is in fact presently clear, and indisputable.

AND ... sold out 750 in 4 hours, before any prick even knew about any topper!

Right now.

Yeah of course there is more unknown, yet to come... lol

Just saying. Sorry

Back to the regularly programed Cheery thread

#7242 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Wow Lol...
All I ever meant was.... Free Interactive Topper!!, you know... Included In Price!.
7K - Interactive topper included. This is in fact presently clear, and indisputable.
Right now.
Just saying. Sorry

Thanks much for the Spooky update? Just sayin.

#7243 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Wow Lol...
Right now.
Just saying. Sorry

I feel like your next post is going to be...

giphy-tumblr.gifgiphy-tumblr.gif
#7244 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks much for the Spooky update? Just sayin.

nevermind Lol

#7245 4 years ago

Williams was giving away “free” toppers in 1986.

Is this really the “value bar” now?

#7246 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know right, things been goin backwards for a long time....

#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

sometimes they would, and often it would be a single piece of plastic and an off the shelf beacon light. other times it would be a really creative piece of foil that would look like water falling that apparently cant be reproduced in 2020.

#7248 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sign of the times when a piece of crap topper is no longer included from some companies but is a $600- $800 optional add on.

#7249 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sign of the times when a piece of crap topper is no longer included from some companies but is a $600- $800 optional add on.

Toppers are Free Again!

#7250 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They also released them around the time of the game, not 2 years later. So yeah, things are worse now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.