• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 669.
#7151 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, if it is as he supposedly said that it is his own money, then that makes him the eccentric millionaire or billionaire with a super expensive hobby, the likes of which pinside perhaps has not seen before. I do still seriously doubt many if any invested in the pinball division.
But throw in "it's company money", then that could mean quite a few things.
I don't really care because it is not my money, but am interested to see how this all plays out once the dust settles.

Wealthy people get wealthy and stay wealthy by risking OPM

That’s “other people’s money”

Poor people and startups too use OPM to get rich . Or stay broke trying

#7152 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

No offense, but you are completely missing the point of why a lot of us are interested in Deep Root's finances. A lot of us care about their financial situation because we want to know that we'll be able to acquire replacement parts, and continue to receive support, from the manufacturer after the purchase of an expensive machine. As we all know, pinball machines contain components that wear out or break, and need to be replaced. Owners won't be able to get those replacement parts if the company that made them is out of business. Its a simple concept. A lack of replacement parts is why some people are scared to own TBL or Alien machines.
And we've seen A LOT of start-up pinball companies go under, so DR going out of business is a valid concern. The fact that DR will supposedly be using a lot of unique, exclusive components makes the concern even more valid.

All I'll say is you need a pinball machine before you will ever need any parts. We're nowhere near that. So putting the cart well before the horse! . Pointless speculation and assumptions that are most likely misguided anyway.

Also, if it's been made once it can always be made again (sometimes better). If the OEM goes belly up and people want parts, someone will make them. For me I would just remake what I need myself, as has been history with pinball going back to before parts were so easily available.

People overanalysing something that is not even revealed yet, with snippets of sketchy info and guesswork. You'll all have something that is actually Relevant to talk about in a few months.

#7154 4 years ago

77 days. For Raza Re-reveal?
Deeproot continues to be both a great power of pinball future and joke. To be fair there are better jokes, but this one uses ‘his money’.

It will be a great metaphor for something someday. (Probably a wealthy person using other people’s money)

#7155 4 years ago

I predict this will be a reenactment of Fyre Festival.

#7156 4 years ago

One game that has essentially already been revealed? I thought they were going to have five games polished and ready to go at once? What is going on with Nordman?

#7157 4 years ago
23BC6B2F-D91D-4A9B-A7EE-12925F805C26 (resized).jpeg23BC6B2F-D91D-4A9B-A7EE-12925F805C26 (resized).jpeg
#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I predict this will be a reenactment of Fyre Festival.

lol that is a great watch for any one who has not seen the documentary.

#7159 4 years ago

Received confirmation e-mail for March 25, 2020 Deeproot Pinball launch event @TPF

Excited!

#7161 4 years ago

You remember........
"How to become a millionaire in the pinball business?"
Start as a billionaire.....

#7162 4 years ago

Financial talk aside our Deeproot playfield arrived today and I must say it is refreshing to see pinball art like this alive and well. Really is rather beautiful in person. Have not had a chance to play the game yet but Very much looking forward to it!!

IMG_4600 (resized).jpgIMG_4600 (resized).jpg
#7163 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Financial talk aside our Deeproot playfield arrived today and I must say it is refreshing to see pinball art like this alive and well. Really is rather beautiful in person. Have not had a chance to play the game yet but Very much looking forward to it!![quoted image]

Found the new Deeproot tech they have been talking about....invisible inserts!

#7164 4 years ago

"Thanks for cleaning under the plastic."

Nice touch.

#7165 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Financial talk aside our Deeproot playfield arrived today and I must say it is refreshing to see pinball art like this alive and well. Really is rather beautiful in person. Have not had a chance to play the game yet but Very much looking forward to it!![quoted image]

I like the reduced color palette for that classic screen printing look!

#7166 4 years ago

From their site:

deeproot Launch Media & VIP Information

On Wednesday March 25, 2020, deeproot Pinball is hosting a day long launch event starting at 8:55am Central.

This invitation-only event will feature the long-anticipated launch of the deeproot Pinball company after several years of safeguarded R&D.

A tentative schedule of events is as follows:

Start End Description
8:00 AM 8:45 AM Arrival / Registration
8:45 AM 8:55 AM Seating
8:55 AM 10:40 AM Launch Presentation *
10:40 AM 11:10 AM Break / Facility Tours
11:10 AM 11:45 AM Launch Pres Q&A *
11:45 AM 11:55 AM Bowden RAZA Play through *
11:55 AM 12:00 PM Break / Transition to Luncheon
12:00 PM 12:55 PM Tex-Mex Luncheon / Play Games
12:55 PM 1:00 PM Transition back to Auditorium
1:00 PM 1:30 PM Mechanical Engineering Panel (Q&A) ^
1:30 PM 2:15 PM Game Design Panel (Q&A) ^
2:15 PM 2:45 PM Sales & Distribution Panel ^
2:45 PM 2:55 PM Break
2:55 PM 3:30 PM Electrical Engineering Panel (Q&A) ^
3:30 PM 4:15 PM deeproot Studios Panel (Q&A) ^
4:15 PM 5:30 PM Wrap up / Linger Longer / Play Games

* Streamed to public on delayed broadcast

Event Details
We welcome invited VIP’s, qualified members of the pinball or broader technology media, and select others to apply for credentials to deeproot Pinball’s launch. Limited spots are available. Network infrastructure for live streams will be available. With notice, rooms for recording or interviews can be made available.

Discounted hotel rooms are available for Tuesday night March 24th and Wednesday night March 25th. Free drinks and snacks, as well as a luncheon, will be provided to all attendees on March 25th. Please inform us of any food allergies.

Flights or other transportation costs are attendees’ responsibilities unless a waiver is requested.

Please do not make plans or arrangements to attend until you receive a confirmation from us approving your credentials. We expect a lot of requests and may have to regrettably deny some requests. Since there is limited space in the auditorium, we reserve the right to provide alternate viewing rooms by video feed for guests if the approved guest count exceeds the auditorium capacity.

#7167 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Received confirmation e-mail for March 25, 2020 Deeproot Pinball launch event @TPF
Excited!

But...is this happening at TPF? TPF is March 27-29th. This is two days earlier. Also, I don't see TPF listed in the information on their site. I think this will be in San Antonio at their HQ...?

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

our Deeproot playfield arrived today and I must say it is refreshing to see pinball art like this alive and well.

lol

20290252 (resized).jpg20290252 (resized).jpg
#7169 4 years ago

Raise your hand if you are planning on making a trip across the country to go see Raza played again?

#7170 4 years ago
1BD2D06C-7E96-4C22-81BD-E3114E9C8F5C (resized).jpeg1BD2D06C-7E96-4C22-81BD-E3114E9C8F5C (resized).jpeg
#7171 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Raise your hand if you are planning on making a trip across the country to go see Raza played again?

Yep, and going to the launch event. Looking forward to it actually.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Beautiful.
Is that one of the placeholder Mirco playfields or an original Deeproot?

#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Free drinks and snacks, as well as a luncheon, will be provided to all attendees on March 25th

Shasta and select lunch meats?

#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Beautiful.
Is that one of the placeholder Mirco playfields or an original Deeproot?

The prototype from Deeproot. Was auctioned off for the children's hospital event. Uncut art proof. Bravo to Project Pinball for all their hard work for the kids.

#7175 4 years ago
R-387487-1242562463.jpeg (resized).jpgR-387487-1242562463.jpeg (resized).jpg
#7176 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

But...is this happening at TPF? TPF is March 27-29th. This is two days earlier. Also, I don't see TPF listed in the information on their site. I think this will be in San Antonio at their HQ...?

What's not to comprehend??

5 days of Deeproot... ends on the 29th?

How does that add up to starting any day other than Wednesday 25th of March??

Or, what, you think it should finish 2 days after TPF when everyone has gone home?

#7177 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bottomless Dr Thunder.

#7178 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That's a beauty all right. Have you tried hitting it with a sledge hammer yet? Maybe follow that up with the old jack hammer slammer. I heard it was indestructible.

#7179 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's a beauty all right. Have you tried hitting it with a sledge hammer yet? Maybe follow that up with the old jack hammer slammer. I heard it was indestructible.

Doesn’t have to be indestructible. Just has to be more durable than what Stern and CGC have been putting out lately. If DR can do that it will be a win in my book.

Bottom line is these pin companies should be trying to make an all around quality machine. Especially the most important piece of every pin. The playfield. I doubt if any of these other pin companies will ever make as many pins as Stern so if they were smart they would try to compete in other ways. Better quality, more features/mechs and more assets from copyright themes is how to take customers away from Stern IMO.

Competition can be a great driver of innovation and improving quality. We will have to see how things go the next few years.

#7180 4 years ago
3lo3i0 (resized).jpg3lo3i0 (resized).jpg
#7181 4 years ago

Defiantely didn't listen you did. Mirco did ziz.

#7182 4 years ago

Guess we will never know granted I take marketing for what it is. Marketing. Lol. If that’s in print on the warranty page different story. Should be a crazy year for Pinball exciting for sure.

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I will be there. Looking forward to it.

#7184 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Don’t truly understand what 5 days of Deeproot is really supposed to mean, but the TPF website does list them as a vendor.
https://texaspinball.com/tpf/vendors/vendors2020/

#7185 4 years ago

Deeproot Zidware customers..

Check your email.

Oh Baby!

#7186 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Check your email.
Oh Baby!

Plz tell! If you must via PM, I'll be quiet!

#7187 4 years ago
Quoted from Kvothe:

Don’t truly understand what 5 days of Deeproot is really supposed to mean

Me neither, but they've got that cool countdown clock just like Dutch Pinball did for Lebowski.

#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Check your email.
Oh Baby!

Please share. After 144 pages of this threat, i can’t wait for real info!

#7189 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Please share. After 144 pages of this threat, i can’t wait for real info!

No "real info", just some very good will. I don't see a "no share" statement so this is the offer.

---------------------
Hi!

We are sending this message to you as a Zidware Claimant who chose to extend his/her Goodwill Terms agreement to June 2020. In gratitude, we would like to offer you to be our guest (including flights, accommodations, and deeproot VIP room access) at the Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco Texas from March 27-29.
---------------------

#7190 4 years ago

So..

I've been offered 2 machines for the money I lost with Zidware.
Never been asked to pay a dime at this point.
Got offered airfare, accommodations and passes to the TPF.

Not a bad deal so far.

#7191 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

we would like to offer you to be our guest (including flights, accommodations,

Hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked out of those 737s by then.

#7192 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked out of those 737s by then.

No Iranian missile sites that I know of between Tennessee and Texas.

#7193 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..
Not a bad deal so far.

That seems pretty amazing to me.

#7194 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

No "real info", just some very good will. I don't see a "no share" statement so this is the offer.
---------------------
Hi!
We are sending this message to you as a Zidware Claimant who chose to extend his/her Goodwill Terms agreement to June 2020. In gratitude, we would like to offer you to be our guest (including flights, accommodations, and deeproot VIP room access) at the Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco Texas from March 27-29.
---------------------

Thanks. Seems like a nice offer.

#7195 4 years ago

Is everyone still mad a J-pop or does he have to give a back massages at the VIP event to be exonerated?

#7196 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..
Not a bad deal so far.

Sweet, good for you.

#7197 4 years ago

Very generous and classy move by deeproot...awesome news for Zidware customers. Thanks for sharing Fulltilt and hopefully more good things come your way!

#7198 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Is everyone still mad a J-pop or does he have to give a back massages at the VIP event to be exonerated?

Yes, we get the back massage.

#7199 4 years ago

Wow! If Deeproot made me that deal, I'd cancel my plans and go!

#7200 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Post of the Fukien year sir! Bravo!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/144?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.