Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 672.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I also went back and listened to the Robert and Steve Bowden podcasts and is it me or do they genuinely sound uninterested. Clearly that reveal did not go well in their mind. Maybe it’s just me???

I found RM's comments about losing enthusiasm for pinball peculiar when they haven't shipped a single title.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I found RM's comments about losing enthusiasm for pinball peculiar when they haven't shipped a single title.

Maybe realizing it isn't easy to build pinball machines. And all that has gone on good and bad. May be wearing on him.

The view going in is always different than the view once you are there.

Hopefully he perks up once things start rolling.

LTG : )

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe realizing it isn't easy to build pinball machines. And all that has gone on good and bad. May be wearing on him.
The view going in is always different than the view once you are there.
Hopefully he perks up once things start rolling.
LTG : )

I interpreted that he was disappointed in his team. Basically that he hired the wrong people. If he wanted to beat Stern, he needed to hire George Gomez, not JPOP. He put his cards and money on the wrong people. In my opinion the only good hire was Barry, who is a machine when it comes to designing games fast.

#6854 4 years ago

I interpreted that he was disappointed in his team. Basically that he hired the wrong people. If he wanted to beat Stern, he needed to hire George Gomez, not JPOP. He put his cards and money on the wrong people. In my opinion the only good hire was Barry, who is a machine when it comes to designing games fast.

If I was starting a pinball company, my first move would be to do everything I could to hire George Gomez to run it. Then Lyman Sheats as lead coder. As far as designing games fast, that really isn’t the bottleneck. I don’t need a fast designer, I need an innovative designer.

#6855 4 years ago

After seeing Spooky’s Rick and Morty thread blow up, I am reminded how difficult a battle it will be for Deeproot with non-licensed themes. Spooky hasn’t even showed their game and they already have 20X the reaction/press.........and it’s positive. I also went back and listened to the Robert and Steve Bowden podcasts and is it me or do they genuinely sound uninterested. Clearly that reveal did not go well in their mind. Maybe it’s just me???

I think they have hugely overestimated the pinball market.

Especially as a secondary player needing to sell Stern type numbers.

#6856 4 years ago

I'm getting depressed... I want my money back.

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm getting depressed... I want my money back.

Keep calm. March reveal at Deeproot is around the corner. Are you attending?

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Keep calm. March reveal at Deeproot is around the corner. Are you attending?

I'm good... been keeping calm for years now. this ain't nothin'.

#6859 4 years ago

All part of the plan.

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If I was starting a pinball company, my first move would be to do everything I could to hire George Gomez to run it. Then Lyman Sheats as lead coder. As far as designing games fast, that really isn’t the bottleneck. I don’t need a fast designer, I need an innovative designer.

If I was starting a pinball company, my first move would be to do everything I could to not hire George Gomez. I'm the rare person excited to see jpops creations come to fruition. Gomez has a few great games, but more stinkers come to mind. Remember, Transformers and Avengers exist because of him.

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I was starting a pinball company, the first move would be to do everything I could to not hire George Gomez. I'm the rare person excited to see jpops creations come to fruition. Gomez has a few great games, but more stinkers come to mind. Remember, Transformers and Avengers exist because of him.

What you are completely missing here is that George Gomez knows how to run a successful pinball company and Jpop doesn't.

Gomez knows reality while Jpop knows only bullshit and fairytales.

Gomez can steer a pinball company through turbulent times, Jpop can steer a company only into failure, bankruptcy, and tears.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What you are completely missing here is that George Gomez knows how to run a successful pinball company and Jpop doesn't.
Gomez can steer a pinball company through turbulent times, Jpop can steer a company only into failure, bankruptcy, and tears.

Good thing jpop had been reduced to a designer. I love his designs.

#6863 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

don’t hold back - tell us what you really think about jpop.

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Good thing jpop had been reduced to a designer. I love his designs.

If that's true, who is actually running things over there?

I thought Jpop was the "senior designer" or what have you. If it isn't Jpop, who has the grand plan?

And who is going to reign in Jpop like they did at Bally/Williams?

#6865 4 years ago

Mr Popadiuk is an authentic genius from one side.
I was in his lab in the October 2015.
And.. there was the same (or like the same) version of RAZA.
He knows what he do. About MAKE pinball. About CREATE games.
But he was not able to produce adequate software for his new pinball machines and as you can see in the few units produced by the magic girl he was not able to design a compact and modern hardware.
In fact, I had asked him and two friends to help him with the development of the cards.
I built a complete set for him.
But my American friend who had to give them to him had repeatedly asked him to have permission to produce the Magic Girl for the European market, granting us the rights. Since he was not interested in producing this pinball for the European market.
Rightly, only America existed in its perspective.
After several attempts we came to a conclusion.
Popadiuk is a genius but only in some pinball processes.
And in my opinion the situation was unmanageable.
He, as far as I know, wanted the cards before signing the contract. Be work. Which in reality he did not want to sign any authorization for European rights. But he wanted the old way that everything was certified by a handshake.
My friend didn't like it very much.
So after it came to nothing and after discovering that it was already working with another person on software and hardware, we gave up.
This is what I know.
So the choice to leave it alone as a designer seems to me more correct.
He himself admits in a recent interview that he is unable to finish a pinball by himself.
So for me that's it.
Popadiuk have to make what he could make better: design.
I'm surprised that he take his old project, like it was, and showed to all now in the 2019, after 4 years.
Little changes, but project was the same. RAZA

#6866 4 years ago

George Gomez is the ultimate Jack of all Trades in each and every aspect.

But most people don‘t give a shit who does what and just look at the game so let‘s do this also and don‘t ask in wich direction JPop wipes his bottom.

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

George Gomez is the ultimate Jack of all Trades in each and every aspect.
But most people don‘t give a shit who does what and just look at the game so let‘s do this also and don‘t ask in wich direction JPop wipes his bottom.

Side to Side?

#6868 4 years ago

Companies need idea people, they need practical people, and they need money people.

jPop is an idea person - he’s the dreamer, the “visionary” if you choose to use that word. George Gomez is more of the practical side. He has to figure out HOW to make the idea person’s ideas into reality without bankrupting the company - or to tell him no. The money person (not sure who that is at Stern or DR) is not the person with the pocketbook, but the one whose job it is to manage the BOM and fixed costs, etc.

Al companies need these 3 distinct roles. It is exceedingly difficult to find a person who can do more than 1 of these roles (forget about all 3) and make a successful company work, because it requires mastery of multiple things, stepping outside yourself and getting out of the way of your own ego. Clearly JPop is not a money guy or a practical guy. GG definitely has great ideas too but his calling seems to be in the practical of getting the games out the door.

#6869 4 years ago

It doesn't make a difference at this point. We're at "rubber meets the road" time. Whether or not they considered it their reveal, RAZA has been revealed and this thread is already dead.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ya but the problem is, look what happens when people don't consider who does what and only look at a game... you get the original RAZA, Dutch Pinball, etc... lots of money thrown at a game, and a lot of boned customers.

#6872 4 years ago

Are there plans to build more magic girl pins ??

#6873 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Are there plans to build more magic girl pins ??

Yup!

Whatever your heart desires, Deep Root has plans to build it.

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You son of a bitch, I'm out.

actually lol at this!

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from eneatoluzzo:

Mr Popadiuk is an authentic genius from one side.
I was in his lab in the October 2015.
And.. there was the same (or like the same) version of RAZA.
He knows what he do. About MAKE pinball. About CREATE games.
But he was not able to produce adequate software for his new pinball machines and as you can see in the few units produced by the magic girl he was not able to design a compact and modern hardware.
In fact, I had asked him and two friends to help him with the development of the cards.
I built a complete set for him.
But my American friend who had to give them to him had repeatedly asked him to have permission to produce the Magic Girl for the European market, granting us the rights. Since he was not interested in producing this pinball for the European market.
Rightly, only America existed in its perspective.
After several attempts we came to a conclusion.
Popadiuk is a genius but only in some pinball processes.
And in my opinion the situation was unmanageable.
He, as far as I know, wanted the cards before signing the contract. Be work. Which in reality he did not want to sign any authorization for European rights. But he wanted the old way that everything was certified by a handshake.
My friend didn't like it very much.
So after it came to nothing and after discovering that it was already working with another person on software and hardware, we gave up.
This is what I know.
So the choice to leave it alone as a designer seems to me more correct.
He himself admits in a recent interview that he is unable to finish a pinball by himself.
So for me that's it.
Popadiuk have to make what he could make better: design.
I'm surprised that he take his old project, like it was, and showed to all now in the 2019, after 4 years.
Little changes, but project was the same. RAZA

Thanks for sharing this story. Interesting . Sure that refusing a handshake over a contract was a wise decision. I have to say that it’s a bit disappointing for the european market but at the end, the whole project fall off, so..

#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

so as the gravestones of so many dead pinball companies reads... "if I just made a better game, everything else would have been just fine..."

If you want to succeed, you should make sure you actually have product to sell.. not just a dream factory.

#6877 4 years ago

So is it possible that all the 'games' they say they have in process are all unfinished older ideas that they are completing? Thus why they claim they can get them out quickly? They aren't starting from scratch on anything maybe...

#6878 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

jPop is an idea person - he’s the dreamer, the “visionary”

jPop is an idea person - he’s the dreamer (con man), the “visionary” (thief)

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

HAHA you say potato... LOL

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Ya but the problem is, look what happens when people don't consider who does what and only look at a game... you get the original RAZA, Dutch Pinball, etc... lots of money thrown at a game, and a lot of boned customers.

I mean in "real" business, where you buy a product, wich is actually right there in front of you - not some future promises.

DR doesn't take any money yet, and as someone from overseas I don't deal with the manufacturer anyways.
If you stand right before it and you like it it doesn't matter who made it, how they lead their company or whatnot...

SPooky is something in the middle I suppose, with their non refundable deposit, but they've prooven they can make it.

#6881 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

SPooky is something in the middle I suppose, with their non refundable deposit, but they've prooven they can make it.

33 pages and over 1600 posts later, they've also shown that a modern, relevant theme not yet peaking in popularity, can get people excited even if many on pinside are not yet familiar with it.

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

33 pages and over 1600 posts later, they've also shown that a modern, relevant theme not yet peaking in popularity, can get people excited even if many on pinside are not yet familiar with it.

I don't give a shit (I mostly don't) but I'm open to everything; if it's a fun game and a cohesive package I'm in, but nothing I get excited about "blindly".

That's why I'm pretty relaxed about RAZA also. I'm not wetting my pants in anticipation regarding the theme or what I've seen until now, but it comes together nicely (it's on a good way imho), that's wonderful.

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't give a shit (I mostly don't) but I'm open to everything; if it's a fun game and a cohesive package I'm in, but nothing I get excited about "blindly".

After owning TNA for over a year, and seeing the commitment to customer and quality that is Spooky, along with a theme that has me more enthused than anything else in pinball over the last 5 or more years, I have to admit, I am super excited, and only partially blindly.

But since this is the deeproot thread, I'll try not to derail it with off topic comments.

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

along with a theme that has me more enthused than anything else in pinball over the last 5 or more years

THIS!!!

That 80's synthwave (Cyberpunk) Style was something completely different (I love it, that's why I imported one - wich is quite difficult).

You won't get things like that with Stern or JJP, so I root with the others.

#6885 4 years ago

I remember getting in on BHZA in the beginning. I even flew into Chicago and visited John and he showed me mind blowing things and art that would make any pin jealous. Then he took me/us for our money. IF deeproot gave me 2x my money with a 50% off coupon i would not touch this thing with a 10 foot poll. Nothing close to the hopes and dreams he had. The only good memory of the trip was meeting up with Gweempose.

#6886 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I remember getting in on BHZA in the beginning. I even flew into Chicago and visited John and he showed me mind blowing things and art that would make any pin jealous. Then he took me/us for our money. IF deeproot gave me 2x my money with a 50% off coupon i would not touch this thing with a 10 foot poll. Nothing close to the hopes and dreams he had. The only good memory of the trip was meeting up with Gweempose.

Yes, the Kool-Aid was very strong back then.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-off-the-phone-with-jpop-cool-guy

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Did you get the cash back from deeproot?

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

The only good memory of the trip was meeting up with Gweempose.

brian is a kind dude

#6889 4 years ago

Shill post: I played the game in Houston and give my last opinion on RAZA until release.
The Classic Pinball Podcast #19

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I remember getting in on BHZA in the beginning. .... IF deeproot gave me 2x my money with a 50% off coupon i would not touch this thing with a 10 foot poll.

Be the ball (resized).pngBe the ball (resized).png

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

THIS!!!
That 80's synthwave (Cyberpunk) Style was something completely different (I love it, that's why I imported one - wich is quite difficult).
You won't get things like that with Stern or JJP, so I root with the others.

I think O-din was refering to something other than TNA.

#6892 4 years ago

Please... no Rick and Morty here. Please.

#6893 4 years ago

Until last week I thought it might actually be one of the surprise themes from DR... obviously not.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from eneatoluzzo:

Please... no Rick and Morty here. Please.

Why not?! This thread contains everything else under the sun: the good, the bad, the horror, the joy, the indifferent... !!

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Why not?! This thread contains everything else under the sun: the good, the bad, the horror, the joy, the indifferent... !!

I was kinda thinking exactly the same Lol

Womens shoes don't ket kicked off topic, but potential kinds of pinball themes that could be great for pinball is off topic?

It's pretty funny really!

In an alternative reality this thread is Blowing Up with sneak peeks of the new Deeproot Rick and Morty pinball machine!

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Reminds me of this Steve Miller Band song ..... " I'm a joker, I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker"

#6897 4 years ago

... as all forum when you call something DEEPROOT THREAD people talk about all without touching what forum have been created. ahahahha
Ok, ok... talk about sun, mushrooms but not about JPOP pinballs. ahhahaha

I coudln't resist. For me you can talk about everything. But remember to talk something about RAZA. If not this tread become like others, full of everything. And for me it's non sense

#6898 4 years ago

I think people will get their Rick and morty pins before Deeproot releases 1 pin

#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I was starting a pinball company, my first move would be to do everything I could to not hire George Gomez. I'm the rare person excited to see jpops creations come to fruition. Gomez has a few great games, but more stinkers come to mind. Remember, Transformers and Avengers exist because of him.

Agreed, Glad Gomez is making pinball games but the replay value on his games stink. J-pops games are just different and immersive to play. If you hate J-Pop personally because he dicked you, I get that too.

Now if J-Pop turns out a boring Gomez pin, well then I’ll be the first person to say he jumped the Shark. But not looking to be the case and time will tell

#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

I think people will get their Rick and morty pins before Deeproot releases 1 pin

Yeah this thread died once R&M got announced. Never watched an episode of R&M but based on how hot that thread is, looks like a winner for Spooky. Danesi seems to be Spookys best asset but he has also has to exceed the hype. Time will tell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.