Topic Stats

• 2,145 posts
  • 354 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by wolfemaaan
  • Topic is favorited by 114 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 206 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG0029_1.jpg
!!e!VRp!!WM_$(KGrHqJ,!hYE0fG)ZqRWBNP4Pt8huQ___1 (resized).jpg
55942664 (resized).jpg
e86d288c-8468-11e8-ad57-41bbac1aa85d-780x501 (resized).jpg
71WRkNFA87L._SX425_ (resized).jpg
Nelson_Ha-Ha (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181107-111543_Chrome (resized).jpg
deer (resized).png
Deadflip BTTF2 (resized).jpg
BED72155-B0FF-42A3-B723-0C14BCB86876 (resized).jpeg
wkrp (resized).jpg
C3308468-7A6D-43F2-AFFD-74A9CF0AC369 (resized).jpeg
3D02657D-922C-4A60-A104-1F04F55ADF3A (resized).jpeg
F7E7E4E3-F410-408F-95FD-2D1824272A13 (resized).jpeg
BE893090-0C88-4177-867D-E2C7A6D2E32B (resized).jpeg
46299E10-7041-4A7B-8FD4-C96D866C3AE9 (resized).jpeg

There are 2145 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 43.
#601 9 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did. Or more specifically, I risked it for the Biscuit Head.

That is F ing hilarious Frolic! Yet so true.

We know how the story ends here.

You can't change who people are.

#602 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe it's time for him to find a different profession and work on paying people back himself

I don't know how you pay back a million dollars (and still have some minimal salary to live on) without some high risk high return profession (pinball), or team up with a lawyer who is going to negotiate you out of this mess (Robert), or in this case both. Supposedly John was doing sub-contract work as an independent artist between End of Williams and Zidware (beyond zizzle). As much as these announcements by deeproot sound like a lot of hot air, this is honestly John's best chance of getting out of this giant mess.

#603 9 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

You can buy a 55” OLED TV for like 800 bucks

Sorry, not the same thing.

#604 9 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

this is honestly John's best chance of getting out of this giant mess.

Yes, absolutely and I'm one of the few people that has given Jpop credit in the past for trying to right his wrongs, even though I'm suing him.

I'm not forgiving or forgetting the lies JPOP told straight to my face nor his deception and unethical business methods. But I can departmentalize my anger and admire Jpop for trying to rise from failure while doing the best he can to support his family.

Unfortunately for John, he is a spectacular fuck up outside of designing a game. If Deeproot says they can manage him, I say great, give them a chance and let’s see what they can do.

But if people are only partially satisfied in recovery or if people are shut out for some flimsy loophole reason, then I don't think Jpop will ever receive redemption. And much of that blame will fall to Deeproot having now taken on his responsibilities.

#605 9 months ago

Deeproot 575 Fund, LLC per SEC public filing

Filing is as of 8/8/17. You can see plenty of $$ has been raised so far for this "alternative investment"

42 total investors of which 16 are "non accredited" and at an average investment of approx. $159,000 per investor

Gotta give em credit for promoting and raising those funds

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 5.33.52 PM (resized).png

#606 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nothing to sneeze at. Without seeing a business plan, no idea if its a smart bet or not, but 42 people thought so. And jpop is glad to get a paycheck again.

#607 9 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Nothing to sneeze at. Without seeing a business plan, no idea if its a smart bet or not, but 42 people thought so. And jpop is glad to get a paycheck again.

And that's as of last August so good or bad, genius or stupidity, these guys will be around for awhile to give it a go.

The idea that they tried to buy Spooky pinball is somewhat baffling other than they needed something to show for investor $$$.

If you are getting a claim satisfied you have the investors to thank for it.

They obviously needed "big name" designers with a track record and IP assets and a team to support the venture, including Jpop with a history that could be sold without the dogshit and biscuit head stories to unknowing investors.

It's certainly a different approach to pinball.

#608 9 months ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

... and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over....

"Might be helping" would probably be more accurate. I have nothing so far including a response to my claim.

#609 9 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know how you pay back a million dollars (and still have some minimal salary to live on) without some high risk high return profession (pinball), or team up with a lawyer who is going to negotiate you out of this mess (Robert), or in this case both. Supposedly John was doing sub-contract work as an independent artist between End of Williams and Zidware (beyond zizzle). As much as these announcements by deeproot sound like a lot of hot air, this is honestly John's best chance of getting out of this giant mess.

I don't totally disagree. Perhaps what should have happened was for deeproot to reach out to zombie and applejuice right away. Negotiate deals with them in secret and then just start working on machines. Hire whoever they want, but don't announce or reply to anything...total radio silence. When machines are ready, make this huge splash by announcing to all Zidware customers that they can come and pick up their machines. The entire pinball world would have had a "WTF" moment. Zero drama, just a standing round of applause.

EDIT: Is pinball a high return profession?

#610 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When machines are ready, make this huge splash by announcing to all Zidware customers that they can come and pick up their machines.

I've dreamed of that moment for about 6 years.

#611 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's certainly a different approach to pinball.

Wouldn't be the first time an investor group litigated/intimated an industry with a hand full of competitors and significantly high barriers to entry.

#612 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

but don't announce or reply to anything...total radio silence. When machines are ready, make this huge splash by announcing to all Zidware customers that they can come and pick up their machines

I think that was Robert's original intent, but there are too many pinside slueth's that stumbled on his website.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Is pinball a high return profession?

As a designer, for some. I meant more that the pinballs themselves are low volume, and hence typically high margin. Unlike someone who works at Stern and makes a straight paycheck, it's possible deeproot promised Jpop a percentage of sales.

#613 9 months ago

I've always stuck to the marketplace. I would always hear about "pinside drama"..

I saw a lot of post in this thread that were completely out of line. And lot of the post were people talking shit like they already knew how it was going to be made.

Yep it checks out...he's new.

#614 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Filing is as of 8/8/17. You can see plenty of $$ has been raised so far for this "alternative investment"
42 total investors of which 16 are "non accredited" and at an average investment of approx. $159,000 per investor

Iceman buddy you have great pinball browsing taste

#615 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the first positive indicator I've seen outside of the hyperbole. Good for Deeproot and I will follow with interest.
I still maintain they will never make their 18 month deadline for direct sales, especially of multiple titles. But at least they have something legitimate to point to now.

#616 9 months ago

I'm still wondering whats going to happen with the IP rights to even make these games, that they likely don't have.

#617 9 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think that was Robert's original intent, but there are too many pinside slueth's that stumbled on his website.

As a designer, for some. I meant more that the pinballs themselves are low volume, and hence typically high margin. Unlike someone who works at Stern and makes a straight paycheck, it's possible deeproot promised Jpop a percentage of sales.

I hope they are successful and have a positive impact on the overall future of pinball.

#618 9 months ago

Well I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Deeproot today to tell me my Zidware claim was approved and I would be receiving paperwork soon in the mail. That's more positive communication than I have received in about 5 years.

#619 9 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Well I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Deeproot today to tell me my Zidware claim was approved and I would be receiving paperwork soon in the mail. That's more positive communication than I have received in about 5 years.

Can you break down your deal? When were you originally in and for how much? Then how much do you owe, when and for what?

#620 9 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Me too. I got my approval a few days ago. Like you said, it's more positive communication than we've had since the beginning.

#621 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you break down your deal? When were you originally in and for how much? Then how much do you owe, when and for what?

In on RAZA starting in 2/12. Paid up in full except the final payment.

#622 9 months ago

I paid $4,750 into RAZA... do you think I should come aboard?

#623 9 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I paid $4,750 into RAZA... do you think I should come aboard?

According to the Goodwill Terms, that would give you at least 1/2 your money back or for another $250, a Deeproot game.

#624 9 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You misunderstood. We will be taking a hammer to every PF.
—dT

To drive in the T-nuts on the backside, right?
(Edit: someone beat me to it).

#625 9 months ago

Does anyone have the adi and name you are suppose to send in receipts to? Also do they realize they do not have the IP secured for any of Johns games?

#626 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have the adi and name you are suppose to send in receipts to? Also do they realize they do not have the IP secured for any of Johns games?

PM sent.

#627 9 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

In on RAZA starting in 2/12. Paid up in full except the final payment.

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

#629 9 months ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

If you already paid John 5k and have level of proof, you're good for 1 game.

#630 9 months ago

what if you have 4995?

#631 9 months ago

My proof of claim is the Pinside thread I started years ago. I didn’t go through yrs of BS for the fun of it

I can’t go back and get canceled checks from that far back

#632 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd hassle my bank for that. They gotta be somewhere in digital land.

#633 9 months ago

Here they are again for general reference.

https://zidware.deeproottech.com

#634 9 months ago

Quote from webpage: "In the coming weeks, deeproot Tech will complete the acquisition of some of Zidware's assets, including the IP related to the games".

#635 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Quote from webpage: "In the coming weeks, deeproot Tech will complete the acquisition of some of Zidware's assets, including the IP related to the games".

They really need to read the contracts that John has.He was to complete and ship 100% working pinball machines in order to transfer the IP I haven,t opened mine however from what i have been reading they are very far from complete?

#636 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

They really need to read the contracts that John has.He was to complete and ship 100% working pinball machines in order to transfer the IP I haven,t opened mine however from what i have been reading they are very far from complete?

Those contracts are probably buried under a mountain of paper somewhere, and John probably thought they weren't important enough to bring to deeproot's attention. lol.

#637 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

but they are complete... GARBAGE

zing!

#638 9 months ago

Anyone else have trouble with the "Start a claim" link on this page ? I want to file my claim but the link doesn't work for me

#639 9 months ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Anyone else have trouble with the "Start a claim" link on this page ? I want to file my claim but the link doesn't work for me

Hi. It appears working just now. If it is not working right for you we need a little more information to recreate the scenario and fix. Please PM if any personal info.

Thanks —dT

#640 9 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hi. It appears working just now. If it is not working right for you we need a little more information to recreate the scenario and fix. Please PM if any personal info.
Thanks —dT

it must be my laptop browser or something , I just tried it on a different computer & was able to successfully file my claim Thanks!

#641 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My proof of claim is the Pinside thread I started years ago. I didn’t go through yrs of BS for the fun of it

Sooo, you got out lawyered. Nice.

#642 9 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sooo, you got out lawyered. Nice.

Nope, DR has been really good and responsive about the claim. They discovered my payments through John's info. I only had $4250 in RAZA and AIW and had written that off long ago.

I'm on team DR now! Hoping for the best and success in this new venture.

#643 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope, DR has been really good and responsive about the claim. They discovered my payments through John's info. I only had $4250 in RAZA and AIW and had written that off long ago.
I'm on team DR now! Hoping for the best and success in this new venture.

Thats cool. I am too actually. Not sure why Deeproot gets so much hate, but if they help get you guys paid back or a game, shouldn't we all be pulling for them?

#644 9 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats cool. I am too actually. Not sure why Deeproot gets so much hate, but if they help get you guys paid back or a game, shouldn't we all be pulling for them?

Absolutely! But because of all the prior fiascos, people are going to be skeptical until games and/or checks start coming out. Right now it's all talk.. which is all that ever came from JPop. And Heighway & DP arent' much further along yet...

#645 9 months ago

I just received an email from Deeproot regarding my RAZA payments. I am hoping that this will turn out to be something that not only gives a bunch of burned customers some happiness and closure but also gives a new pinball manufacturer some credibility in there startup phase. If they do as they hope to, it will surely give them a big head start among the collectors and enthusiasts. I am very pleased that they contacted me since I hadn't followed the thread about their startup. Lets hope for the best.

#646 9 months ago

Zidware Claims Update
Hi!

We want to thank the 21 people who have filed claims thus far. Of the 21, 15 have been approved and we anticipate the remaining 6 will be approved shortly. We believe there are ~78 non-plaintiffs that have not yet filed claims. If you are one of those non-plaintiffs, please do file a claim whether or not you think you qualify or have enough proof. Please let us try to help you.

Please see here for the Goodwill Terms: https://zidware.deeproottech.com/

Please click here to Start a Claim: https://zidware.deeproottech.com/claim/create

Thank you!

--deeproot Pinball

#647 9 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Zidware Claims Update
Hi!
We want to thank the 21 people who have filed claims thus far. Of the 21, 15 have been approved and we anticipate the remaining 6 will be approved shortly. We believe there are ~78 non-plaintiffs that have not yet filed claims. If you are one of those non-plaintiffs, please do file a claim whether or not you think you qualify or have enough proof. Please let us try to help you.
Please see here for the Goodwill Terms: https://zidware.deeproottech.com/
Please click here to Start a Claim: https://zidware.deeproottech.com/claim/create
Thank you!
--deeproot Pinball

Ted, I'm curious about these updates you have received and posted. I didn't think you were in on any of Jpop's games or had a claim. Matter of fact, I'm fairly confident you were not in on any of this.
Just curious...

#648 9 months ago

I contacted them and they now send me updates.

#649 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely! But because of all the prior fiascos, people are going to be skeptical until games and/or checks start coming out. Right now it's all talk.. which is all that ever came from JPop. And Heighway & DP arent' much further along yet...

I'm hardly a Heighway cheerleader, my frustrations are pretty public, but there are over 100 Aliens shipped, and however many Full Throttles, maybe less than that, but still a real game you could actually play. The company is struggling, their communication sucks, they're constantly digging out of the hole Andrew left them, and I'm not blaming anyone for being frustrated with them too. But games have shipped, the code is real (that's a big one), I don't think they belong next to vaporware.

Quoted from Roostking:

Not sure why Deeproot gets so much hate, but if they help get you guys paid back or a game, shouldn't we all be pulling for them?

It's not that I want anyone to get boned, I have friends who lost money with Jpop. But I have a tough love approach to it personally. People took a risk, they got conned, and they lost their money. It sucks. For most people it wasn't a huge sum, but legit thousands. I just don't really think the lesson should be "don't worry, someone will bail you out" and then Jpop gets to have a job again. He should never get to work in the industry again, instead of being enabled. That's my perspective at least.

I'm not losing sleep over it, and if someone is crazy enough to try and take on his debt and make his customers whole I can't be mad about that part. I hope it turns out well.

#650 9 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hardly a Heighway cheerleader

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,699.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.99
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Bright Lights Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 2145 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside