Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 672.
#5951 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Watching that guy hit both flippers every time was driving me nuts..

tenor.gif_itemid=10878845.cf (resized).pngtenor.gif_itemid=10878845.cf (resized).png
#5952 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Why the fuck would you wish that on Nordman, or anybody else, or want the time wasted? A polished turd is still a turd.

Well, I think it's fixable. It needs a Pinball designer not a Pinball dreamer to fix it.

#5953 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, I think it's fixable. It needs a Pinball designer not a Pinball dreamer to fix it.

Why bother? I'm sure the other designers have been saying "this won't work" and "you should do this", since day one. JPop clearly hasn't listened.

What's worth saving?

#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Button autoplunge directly into the slings? I guess that's one way to keep ball times low...

It is a traditional shooter rod, variable skill shot, and even hitting slings did not look so harsh/drain monster, at all. ?

#5955 4 years ago

Got to love Pinside, People watching a few 30 seconds of play telling some one who is there playing the game how shit it is.

#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Got to love Pinside, People watching a few 30 seconds of play telling some one who is there playing the game how shit it is.

Got that right, and some here still cant comprehend that the vast majority of what is written here in this rubish thread is of no value as "feedback".

Shit lighting and cameras, but people somehow think the way it looks from their armchair is how it will look to the eye. Think that watching noobs have a brickfest gives them more clue about how the game plays than someone whom actually played it.

Pinside is completely irrelivant for deeproots development cycle at this point. Even if some are crying about that fact, and in denial.

#5957 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Got that right, and some here still cant comprehend that what the vast majority of what is written here in this rubish thread is of no value as "feedback".
Shit lighting and cameras, but people somehow think the way it looks from their armchair is how it will look to the eye. Think that watching noobs have a brickfest gives them more clue about how the game plays than someone whom actually played it.
Pinside is completely irrelivant for deeproots development cycle at this point. Even if some are crying about that fact, and in denial.

And yet I don’t hear people screaming “take my money”

Just comparing it to Alien, which will be for sale at the same time, my past Sterns, CGC and JJP?

How does this compete? I don’t care what it costs

The DR development cycle needs to be way beyond this. Maybe it is

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just comparing it to Alien, which will be for sale at the same time, my past Sterns, CGC and JJP?

Why would they scream take my money? .... looks shit from where I'm standing... in pinside.

That is the point, it is not being promoted, or covered.

That does not mean it is shit, just that I have nothing valid to review.

The only posts in here worth Anything gameplay opinion wise are posts from people whom have PLAYED IT!

Reading someone elses review.... not pretending to be an experienced reviewer, for a machine that is not even being released, or covered.

:LOL:

#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Why would they scream take my money? .... looks shit from where I'm standing... in pinside.
That is the point, it is not being promoted, or covered.
That does not mean it is shit, just that I have nothing valid to review.
The only posts in here worth Anything opinion wise are posts from people whom have PLAYED IT!
:LOL:

The ONLY guys opinion I take worth anything who has played it is the guy from Oklahoma that knows what he’s doing

And with that, I judge it myself on the “eyeball test” for me. Thus far, it ain’t passing it and I’m not wrong

But I’m playing one of the best pins of all time right now in JPLE so it’s tough to measure up to that. LOL

They better raise the bar BIG TIME. Are there even any animations to speak of. They look terrible.

If this is gonna end up being a stripped down $5k Stern pro I’m not interested. Seen that and that’s what it looks like to me

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Let’s roll back the clock.
1999, jpop designs his last, real, functional pinball game that is actually produced and shipped.
Star Wars episode 1.
It sucks.
Some years later, he designed sizzle games.
They are what they are.
Zidware, designs no functioning games but takes a lot of money.
2015, pintasia tries to get a working prototype to the north west show.
It’s a barely functioning train wreck.
American pinball hires John to make Houdini.
It’s a box with lights. He then makes a couple dozen more boxes of lights called magic girl.
John working for more than 2 years at deeproot working on a game he has already been working on for 5 years.
This is the end result of 7 years folks.
7 years and this is what the guy gives the pinball world.
Please, place these words into your brain for easy recall.
Jpop is not a genius.
He is a bat shit crazy, sociopath. He cons everyone he meets into buying his bullshit.
He CANNOT DESIGN A GAME FROM START TO FINISH THAT WILL WORK AND SHOOT WELL.
EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES TURNS TO SHIT.
Hopefully, after this shit show Robert will pull his head out of his ass and fire him and let anyone, ANYONE else design a game.
That is the only chance deeproot has of ever getting a game out that anyone wants and will actually play.

For every minute you spend angry, you lose 1 minute of happenis...

#5961 4 years ago

looks like a 5 k game to me .

#5962 4 years ago

Anyone that plays it that hits both flippers on every shot....please don’t review it!

#5963 4 years ago

My early opinion.

I was looking to be much more satisfied with the release then I am.

That being said I consider RAZA as very underwhelming at this point. I thought deeproot would want to hang its hat on something a little more solid. Actually much more solid!!

This is a decent effort but with all the hype and talk that Deeproot put forward. This is less than satisfying.

I hope they put better pins together in the future. That is what would be best for the consumers of Pinball.

My review is “underwhelming at this point.”

#5964 4 years ago

I am looking forward to Oursler and Nordman with Thiel on the sound

#5965 4 years ago

Could it be that this was a two thronged test: 1) to get real world play/test/feedback on the RAZA proto machine and 2) if JPop was going to be welcomed back (forgiven)?

#5966 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice, every time you mention Alien, I get giddy! I remain hopeful

#5967 4 years ago

how late is this project that this prototype doesn't have anything but skeleton code running? It doesn't do anything but score and drive the coils. You can get that virtually for free on proc + skeletongame.

I mean.. even suncoast got further than this in a fraction of the time with two guys on a dog... not an entire staff of industry vets plus hiring a bunch of digital artists.

I get not showing your full hand... but they aren't showing anything here except for the art direction and the whitewood for all intents and purposes. Games done by April and shipping in June? and MULTIPLE games?

Either this is the biggest sandbagging of all time.. or all those dates are fantasy. Or at least.. the idea of 'complete' games is..

ETA: Ok, this video shows more..

I still stand by the last statement... even tho there is more there than coils and scores as I saw from earlier videos. Thx DT for chiming in on more detail

#5968 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

how late is this project that this prototype doesn't have anything but skeleton code running? It doesn't do anything but score and drive the coils. You can get that virtually for free on proc + skeletongame.
I mean.. even suncoast got further than this in a fraction of the time with two guys on a dog... not an entire staff of industry vets plus hiring a bunch of digital artists.
I get not showing your full hand... but they aren't showing anything here except for the art direction and the whitewood for all intents and purposes. Games done by April and shipping in June? and MULTIPLE games?
Either this is the biggest sandbagging of all time.. or all those dates are fantasy. Or at least.. the idea of 'complete' games is..

Fake news. The game was way more than skeleton game. I guess you missed the mode specific animations, visuals, and smooth transitions.

#5969 4 years ago

Not buying anything associated with Jpop.

#5970 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It doesn't do anything but score and drive the coils.

I don't participate in Pinside much except when I see something completely untrue. For the record: the Houston RAZA code is deep but not wide. By that I mean four modes are completely functional with LEFF, DEFF, audio and rules. The main multiball is complete as well. The end of ball bonus sequence scores and has its AV. Extra Ball is wired in and Deeproot studios created a very funny animation for that. Player select-able Skill-shot and Super Skill-shot is being awarded.....There is more but my point is made.

The remainder of the modes, hurry ups, lane games remain to be done.

There is a lot more to come but RAZA programming is, by far, a lot more than skeleton code.

back to your regular programming

ddt

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fake news. The game was way more than skeleton game. I guess you missed the mode specific animations, visuals, and smooth transitions.

By the above you mean simply changing the looping video in the main portion of the screen or was there more? Because I didn't see you do anything but flail and not hit anything.

#5972 4 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I don't participate in Pinside much except when I see something completely untrue. For the record: the Houston RAZA code is deep but not wide. By that I mean four modes are completely functional with LEFF, DEFF, audio and rules. The main multiball is complete as well. The end of ball bonus sequence scores and has its AV. Extra Ball is wired in and Deeproot studios created a very funny animation for that. Player select-able Skill-shot and Super Skill-shot is being awarded.....There is more but my point is made.
There is a lot more to come but RAZA programming is, by far, a lot more than skeleton code.
ddt

Great to hear.. anyone have any video of the above? Would love to see something besides the idle animations I've seen to date.

ETA: ok, I see this video actually showing something besides boucing around -

If that's the complete main multiball you mention...

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

ddt

This thread is depressing. Seems like some know everything guys know with 2 poors minutes in video exactly what was coded in this game and know the skeleton framework. Be my guest who has done skeleton games here? My 2 cents.
The game looks great, looking forward to see more.

#5974 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

By the above you mean simply changing the looping video in the main portion of the screen or was there more? Because I didn't see you do anything but flail and not hit anything.

Do you really think I was playing while holding the phone? That wasn't me playing. I tried to get the best footage I could of gameplay, but when I was playing I was immersed in the game.

My best game was around 14k points, got two multiballs in that one. I hit plenty of things and did not "flail."

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

This thread is depressing. Seems like some know everything guys know with 2 poors minutes in video exactly what was coded in this game and know the skeleton framework. Be my guest who has done skeleton games here? My 2 cents.
The game looks great, looking forward to see more.

The reference to skeletonGame was to reference the amount of progress... not to suggest its based on skeletonGame. For a game that has been in the oven for years... this amount of progress was not encouraging.

#5976 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Another gameplay video which shows some success on the ramp.
I’d say I make the ramp 40 percent of the time. It’s not frustrating to miss either. Just fun when you do.

Looks like the ball spends more time going no where than somewhere.

#5977 4 years ago

I just played the game and enjoyed it. When I first walked up to it I noticed M and I, in ATOMIC, were not lit in attract mode and carried through my game I played. The staff was quick to jump in and look at their log file.

I am looking forward to their actual launch of their first games. I am a very interested buyer just on seeing and playing this prototype here at the Houston Expo.

#5978 4 years ago

I'm not going to keep feeding the trolls in here.

My final word is that I really enjoyed playing it, and I wanted to play it more.

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

.. this amount of progress was not encouraging.

When I read the interview, DR insisted on the fact it was an early prototype with the early purpose is to get feedback. Constructive feedback is better than just negativity. Pinball is (really) hard.

They might also read this thread and get all they can get, who knows...

Edit: from pinballmaniac message: it confirms it

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I just played the game and enjoyed it. When I first walked up to it I noticed M and I, in ATOMIC, were not lit in attract mode and carried through my game I played. The staff was quick to jump in and look at their log file.
I am looking forward to their actual launch of their first games. I am a very interested buyer just on seeing and playing this prototype here at the Houston Expo.

Finally an honest review! (:

#5981 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My final word is that I really enjoyed playing it, and I wanted to play it more.

It Is a open thread of opinions.
Let’s keep It a open line of opinions.

For better or worse.

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It Is a open thread of opinions.
Let’s keep It a open line of opinions.
For better or worse.

It is when people who have not laid hands on the game express misinformed opinion as fact that it becomes a fools errand to try and share our experience with the community.

#5983 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

It is when people who have not laid hands on the game express misinformed opinion as fact that it becomes a fools errand to try and share our experience with the community.

Great way to say it.

#5984 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Most have only seen pics and vids at this point.

While the pics of RAZA look great. The vids of RAZA game play are far from great.

Who can post a link of good game play Video anyone?

#5985 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

While the pics of RAZA look great. The vids of RAZA game play are far from great.

Sadly, people holding out hopes of a stream-worthy video will be disappointed. That isn’t going to happen. Fans taking their personal time out of their day to share any video with the community I would hope would be appreciated, not dissed because they’re not film school graduates. It sure as hell doesn’t encourage me to share (and I’m back home in Dallas, so don’t ask ).

While I share the opinion that this is a PR miss for Deeproot, realize from their standpoint, this was a field test - plain and simple. As such, my advice is to view all of this info through that lens. The real product is yet to come.

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I doubt you're going to get much better than over-the-shoulder cellphone footage without a proper streaming rig setup.

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Derek I love you man but you’d buy anything.
Keep the positive attitude

Back at ya Iceman, hope to have a beer and talk/play pinball sometime soon w/ us being fellow Texans!

There have been plenty of games I didn't like this year, btw. I just don't take time to shit on them, or to tell others they are wrong for liking them.

I'm a maker of things myself, and I have great respect for all these pinball projects that make it to fruition, even if they don't speak to me personally. There are 10000 micro-decisions that go into a project of this scope. Many frustrations, disappointments, and successes get the thing from being an idea to a real product someone would buy and use.

When I evaluate a product, I try to remember the real humans on the other end of the wire who put their blood sweat and tears into making it. If that makes me overly positive, that's a character flaw I think I can live with.

#5988 4 years ago

I would of thought that a super smart group like DP, would present in a more Kanedaean fashion!

#5989 4 years ago

My opinion of RAZA is underwhelming at this point.

Pics look good.

Vids of game play lookS underwhelming.

No not the person playing or taking the video. The game.

Time will tell. Hope RAZA shapes up to be a winner in the end!

#5990 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Watching that guy hit both flippers every time was driving me nuts..

i thought i was the only one. trap the ball, control it... something.

it's like when you have people over playing pinball for the first time, both flipper.... both flipper, drives me crazy.

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Back at ya Iceman, hope to have a beer and talk/play pinball sometime soon w/ us being fellow Texans!
There have been plenty of games I didn't like this year, btw. I just don't take time to shit on them, or to tell others they are wrong for liking them.
I'm a maker of things myself, and I have great respect for all these pinball projects that make it to fruition, even if they don't speak to me personally. There are 10000 micro-decisions that go into a project of this scope. Many frustrations, disappointments, and successes get the thing from being an idea to a real product someone would buy and use.
When I evaluate a product, I try to remember the real humans on the other end of the wire who put their blood sweat and tears into making it. If that makes me overly positive, that's a character flaw I think I can live with.

But people having contrary opinions, doesn't diminish how you feel about the game. So....why care?

People played the game. They have opinions. That's great to read about!

People have looked at photos, and some scattered videos. That's great to read about!

I don't wish to look at life as being full of absolutes, this game is or will neither be all shit, or all rainbows.

And ultimately, time will tell where the arrow points towards.

#5992 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

For every minute you spend angry you lose 1 minute of hap penis.

Deliberate misspelling or Freudian slip?

#5993 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Quoted from zaphX:

Glad you like it.
Thank you to all for providing some video and feedback.

#5994 4 years ago

Thanks to all that actually took time out from attending the event to film RAZA. The majority of us appreciate it.

One other thing, don’t crap on people that double flip. This is why so-called green pinball players feel intimated to play on location when other ‘better’ players are playing around them. They also never attend tournaments for the same reason. Just my 2c. Back to RAZA talk

#5995 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Thanks to all that actually took time out from attending the event to film RAZA. The majority of us appreciate it.
One other thing, don’t crap on people that double flip. This is why so-called green pinball players feel intimated to play on location when other ‘better’ players are playing around them. They also never attend tournaments for the same reason. Just my 2c. Back to RAZA talk

I'm a poor player, and I intentionally try to never double flip. Occasionally it'll happen by reflex. I don't compete in tournaments because I suck. Why waste the platform, time of myself or others to wait on me, or money, if I suck?

Knowing when someone sucks at something, understanding our own limitations, is never intimidating. It's the opposite. Empowers me to make smarter choices, like what I said above.

#5996 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm a poor player, and I intentionally try to never double flip. Occasionally it'll happen by reflex. I don't compete in tournaments because I suck. Why waste the platform, time of myself or others to wait on me, or money, if I suck?
Knowing when someone sucks at something, understanding our own limitations, is never intimidating. It's the opposite. Empowers me to make smarter choices, like what I said above.

You don't suck, your just not as good as the gals you hang with.

#5997 4 years ago

RAZA first impressions:

The art package looks very promising. I like the gameplay. Obviously the cab and apron are still being worked on. I'm very excited to see what animations they will be going.

Overall it looks like it could be a big hit.

#5998 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I spent most of my time at the show playing RAZA. I really like it and I’m excited about it.
I’ll go into more detail later, but here’s the best quality video I was able to get. It was right when the show opened, so it wasn’t very loud yet. You can hear the game sounds.

Don’t beat up on anyone’s videos. One machine was under a super bright light, the other was super dark. Neither was easy to shoot, especially if the person playing was not someone you know. You wanted to give them space.
I do wish I’d had my streaming rig for this.

Thanks for sharing this video. Gives a better feel for RAZA imo. It does look fun to shoot. Were you able to get a ball in the Ferris wheel? Haven’t seen anyone do that yet?

#5999 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for sharing this video. Gives a better feel for RAZA imo. It does look fun to shoot. Were you able to get a ball in the Ferris wheel? Haven’t seen anyone do that yet?

Yes I did! I think one of the two videos shows a ball cycling through the wheel.

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

It is hard to notice but the ferris wheel operation is seen in some video linked in here. Watching again you see things happening that you didn't see, or happened too fast, the first viewing. The video quality does make it a challenge of course, but it is good to have something rather than nothing.

Thankyou to everyone putting up videos for us! ... please don't stop, most of us appreciate it and take it for what it is.

The first video provided by Zach may have missed the ball actually going around the right ramp.... but it does show that the ball makes it all the way, easily, and the rection of the player making the shot... which sounded to me like it was a very Positive reaction. So thanks Zach, the video you sourced is as good as any of the other videos put up here so far. Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/120?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.