Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 672.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good point LTG. Why do any prototypes, when you can work on four different titles at once.

It's pretty clear all the RAZA and AIW $$$ went to John's doodling efforts with ZY. And other misguided BS. Steve Marsh was his main asset.

I'm happy that Jeremy is gonna get paid for "eleven sketches" with our funding. I really don't care. Chump change or "crumbs"

Maybe John can actually create something that works with an entire team around him. The massive ego balloon is bound to have shrunk a bit after all this.

#552 6 years ago

I'll admit, I'm really excited.

I'd like to get a little more insight into the time frame before all the projects they are talking about hit the market.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll admit, I'm really excited.

Did RD just run through your screen door again?

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did RD just run through your screen door again?

No, but a little birdy told me instead of Houdini there is a good chance we might finally get that Egyptian Magician pinball machine before the end of the decade.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, but a little birdy told me instead of Houdini there is a good chance we might finally get that Egyptian Magician pinball machine before the end of the decade.

So you are saying by 2020?

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So you are saying by 2020?

Jerky Boys were big in the 90s, so that sounds about right.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We will be taking a hammer to every PF.

flexible OLED playfields are coming.
see hammer test below.

does the P3's playfield screen concept already teeter on obsolescence?

cutting holes in the playfield for mechs? no problem.

#558 6 years ago

There is a field on the claim form that asks “what is owed” based on the contract with John

I don’t owe shit. I’ve paid in. He owes me “crumbs”

Waiting on the smart ass remarks?

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He owes me “crumbs”

Then ye shall get crumby games!

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

cutting holes in the playfield for mechs? no problem.

» YouTube video

to be fair, I don't see video playing on the cutting.. For all we know only the luminescent is working. If that is in fact true, I'd be really curious what a 2 foot x 3 foot sheet of OLED costs. It's one thing to manufacture flexible phone displays, it's another to scale that up for giant TV's (or in this case, multimorphic display without compromising where mechs can get placed or how those mechs are controlled with wires).

#561 6 years ago

Would make great sideblades!!

#562 6 years ago

I'm hoping that Deeproot is able to truly deliver on the promises that are being made. As long as they aren't asking us for money without a finished product, I will be willing to listen to what RM has to say. I haven't been burned, so I hope that they have figured out something truly innovative and are able to deliver in a decent timeframe. Good luck, Deeproot

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

to be fair, I don't see video playing on the cutting.. For all we know only the luminescent is working. If that is in fact true, I'd be really curious what a 2 foot x 3 foot sheet of OLED costs. It's one thing to manufacture flexible phone displays, it's another to scale that up for giant TV's (or in this case, multimorphic display without compromising where mechs can get placed or how those mechs are controlled with wires).

The yield is incredibly low - lots of dead pixels still; it is still very costly to get a fully working rectangular display. Adding in these cuts and flexibility.. yikes

#564 6 years ago

Has anyone heard back after filing a claim? The initial auto reply email went to my spam but haven't seen anything since.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Has anyone heard back after filing a claim? The initial auto reply email went to my spam but haven't seen anything since.

We are going through them one at a time. There were a lot of claims filed and some of them with volumes of proof. We appreciate your patience.

—Robert dT

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We are going through them one at a time. There were a lot of claims filed and some of them with volumes of proof. We appreciate your patience.
—Robert dT

Thank you. I have another one coming for you.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

—Robert dT

Why don't you and John swing by my office down IH-10 so we can get some in person verification? That should save some processing time. You know where I'm at.

#568 6 years ago

As an "advisor" I'd love to hear what you have to offer for my clients since there is nothing like it in the world. Call my office to schedule appt

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 9.10.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-15 at 9.10.18 PM (resized).png

#569 6 years ago

Offer and acceptance

So for example, in my case, I'll be receiving a refund check of $4500 x 50% = $2,250?

OR, I could add an additional $500 and receive "one deeproot tech machine of my choice". Got it

"For RAZA/AIW customers: the benefit depended on the TOTAL amount of payments made on either, or both, RAZA/AIW. Each Plaintiff could pay additional money, to deeproot Tech, to receive greater benefits.
For RAZA/AIW customers who paid under $5,000 by a certain date (combined deposits between RAZA & AIW), they would receive a monetary refund of one-half of the total deposit.
For RAZA/AIW customers who paid at least $5,000 by a certain date (combined deposits between RAZA, AIW and/or additional payments), they would receive one deeproot Tech machine of their choice (shipping and taxes extra).
For RAZA/AIW customers who paid at least $9,500 by a certain date (combined deposits between RAZA, AIW and/or additional payments), they would receive two deeproot Tech machines of their choice (shipping and taxes extra).
For RAZA/AIW customers who paid at least $14,500 by a certain date (combined deposits between RAZA, AIW and/or additional payments), they would receive three deeproot Tech machines of their choice (shipping and taxes extra).
For Plaintiffs who paid at least $5,000 by a certain date, in combined deposits between RAZA, AIW and/or additional payments, the unused excess RAZA/AIW deposits for such Plaintiff would be applied towards the retail price of a separate and additional deeproot Tech Game."

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If that is in fact true, I'd be really curious what a 2 foot x 3 foot sheet of OLED costs

Really, really expensive. Recently worked on a project with a major electronics manufacturer which has some of these in the works (both from a strictly lighting standpoint as well as video) and they had to be purchased, by us, at cost, for use on the project. I don't really want to share nuts and bolts details publicly, but suffice to say we're a loooong way from OLED playfields being a viable production option.

#571 6 years ago

Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous. If Deeproot never signed Jpop, zidware customers would of been left high and dry. And its voluntary, deeproot doesn't owe anything to anybody, regardless of hiring John. They go through the trouble to fix the situation by offering customers cash or machines just to be shit on by a lot of people... Unbelievable. You got people who say "The owner is arrogant" Lol, sounds like confidence to me, which is the best mindset to have when starting a business (you gotta believe in your product) I'm excited to see what deeproot brings to the table... FYI, Im not saying you shouldn't hate John, but hating deeproot and hoping for them to fail is.... Lame

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous. If Deeproot never signed Jpop, zidware customers would of been left high and dry. And its voluntary, deeproot doesn't owe anything to anybody, regardless of hiring John. They go through the trouble to fix the situation by offering customers cash or machines just to be shit on by a lot of people... Unbelievable.

I don't believe its voluntary. In my opinion, taking care of Zidware debt is a part of Jpop's employment agreement. And this may delight the Jpop haters but as naive as I know Jpop to be, it's my guess that Deeproot is taking advantage of him by promising to be his saviour. Possible example: Zidware US Patents which Deeproot posted they are buying. I'll guess they paid one dollar or some nominal fee along with a verbal promise to get Jpop out of legal trouble. (Note: I have no evidence of any of this and I do admit to having a suspicious nature).

No intelligent business person digs into their pocket out of simple generosity. What a ridiculous claim and there has to be a motive. Especially when they go begging to the financial markets for investment money.

So far, Deeproot has shown themselves to be a manufacturer of smoke and mirrors. I see nothing of substance and it only seems a man behind the curtain pulling levers of flames and thunder noise. I am a huge sceptic at this point but I hope they prove me wrong by becoming successful and making all of Jpop's victims whole.

We'll see how they do as their self-imposed deadline of 18 months approaches. Was it July of 2019?

#573 6 years ago

I think most of us want Deep Root to succeed, as in fulfill the promises they have made to Zidware customers. We've just been through it so many times, caution seems warranted.

In terms of P.R., I prefer a more humble; under promise, over deliver approach, but as long as they deliver that isn't really a major issue for me.

Then there is the whole Bible Adventure thing. That seems like a pretty shitty thing to do to a guy like Ben.

At this point they have a lot to prove.

#574 6 years ago

Wasn't Bible adventure a collaborative concept from Ben and Rob? Correct me if Im wrong... I highly doubt Spooky would of released a Bible themed pinball. Ben is no longer with spooky or anybody else, so having deeproot make it seems like more of a possibility

#575 6 years ago

Can anybody at least acknowledge that deeproot signing John was a good thing for the zidware customers? You all hate deeproot for what JOHN did to zidware customers. But bitch at a company who comes along and tries to fix it

#576 6 years ago

Can anybody at least acknowledge that deeproot signing John was a good thing for the zidware customers? You all hate deeproot for what JOHN did to zidware customers. But bitch at a company who comes along and tries to fix it

I think if you read the comments in this and other threads most people think it will be a good thing for everybody, including Zidware customers, if DR is successful.

When you associate yourself with Jpop, whom many people that experienced the whole ordeal from start to finish and felt defrauded and lied to, like Ipeters said, "caution is warranted".

Especially when you come off the way they do before actually accomplishing anything other than spend money, they bring a lot of the BS on themselves.

If they make it work and prove it, that's great.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If they make it work and prove it, that's great.

Amen. Waiting the response from my claims submission.... and 2 DR games.

#578 6 years ago

Signing Jpop does nothing for Zidware customers by itself. That's something others have tried and failed. Hopefully this attempt will be different.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Amen. Waiting the response from my claims submission.... and 2 DR games.

They have their backs against the wall with all the backlash. I believe they realize that in order for this to work and for people to accept them, they are gonna have to smash it out the park. Anything sub-par would be destined to fail. I hope its everything they say its gonna be. You guys deserve the best after all the BS yall went through. Cheers bud

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think if you read the comments in this and other threads most people think it will be a good thing for everybody, including Zidware customers

I saw a lot of post in this thread that were completely out of line. And lot of the post were people talking shit like they already knew how it was going to be made. If they would of actually read or listened to the interviews, they would of heard Robert rule out all the bullshit they were saying the game was gonna have. I kept seeing this lunatic with a Simpsons avatar. I don't know his username but ill just refer to him as "Captain Insano".

#581 6 years ago

I think it's great that they will be able to make all of zidware's customers whole before taking a dime from any other customer if I read it right.

That's forward thinking!

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Really, really expensive. Recently worked on a project with a major electronics manufacturer which has some of these in the works (both from a strictly lighting standpoint as well as video) and they had to be purchased, by us, at cost, for use on the project. I don't really want to share nuts and bolts details publicly, but suffice to say we're a loooong way from OLED playfields being a viable production option.

#583 6 years ago

Wasn't Bible adventure a collaborative concept from Ben and Rob?

NO, just no!

It is very clear that he overhead Ben talking about doing it, interjected his ideas (as he obviously thinks everyone wants to hear them), and then decided to shit in the cherrios.

Ben has been talking about Bible adventures for years and years and years before the lawyer even was in the scene trying to toss around money to buy companies and sue current employees.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You can buy a 55” OLED TV for like 800 bucks

Where?

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

800x2 you mean. The 55" budget OLED made by LG is $1600, which is THE cheapest one ever. It was $1400 on black friday last year

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ben has been talking about Bible adventures for years and years and years/blockquote>

This reminds me of cowboys fans. They always say "were gonna win the superbowl". Lol, I've been hearing that talk for years and years and years but it never happens.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ben has been talking about Bible adventures for years and years and years.

This reminds me of cowboys fans. They always say "were gonna win the superbowl". Lol, I've been hearing that talk for years and years and years but it never happens.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

as Robotoes pointed out, there is a vast difference in price between flexible OLEDs and the tech used in OLED televisions. while flexible OLEDs offer considerable potential/promise for pinballs, their use is not practical at this time due to cost.

#589 6 years ago

gotta love the 'new' account from Texas that just happens to be in here attempting to retell reality to defend his buddy DeerpRoot.

Sorry HMB, but your buddy is a complete DBag for even claiming to be making a Bible adventures and purposefully pissing all over it. Sad to see that he is at least part (a big part) of the reason Ben Heck is done with pinball. He already has a tainted legacy of doing all he can to just be an ass. Not much can save that rep. Just a rich tool that tosses around money and talks big.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Would make great sideblades!!

"Live action internal side art" Quick go register the patent!!!

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love the 'new' account from Texas that just happens to be in here attempting to retell reality to defend his buddy DeerpRoot.
Sorry HMB, but your buddy is a complete DBag for even claiming to be making a Bible adventures and purposefully pissing all over it. Sad to see that he is at least part (a big part) of the reason Ben Heck is done with pinball. He already has a tainted legacy of doing all he can to just be an ass. Not much can save that rep. Just a rich tool that tosses around money and talks big.

Wow, ur a special kind of stupid. I've never met Robert in my life. I've had an account on pinside for a little while. I've always stuck to the marketplace. I would always hear about "pinside drama" I never actually seen it until I did some research on deeproot and came across this thread. Having a pinball company in my backyard is pretty exciting, and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over. I ain't gonna hide behind a keyboard, if u wanna have a conversation id be more than happy to entertain u at Texas Pinball Festival.

#592 6 years ago

Wow, ur a special kind of stupid. I've never met Robert in my life. I've had an account on pinside for a little while. I've always stuck to the marketplace. I would always hear about "pinside drama" I never actually seen it until I did some research on deeproot and came across this thread. Having a pinball company in my backyard is pretty exciting, and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over. I ain't gonna hide behind a keyboard, if u wanna have a conversation id be more than happy to entertain u at Texas Pinball Festival.

If you are genuinely new and not a plant (sorry but Derproot deserves ample suspicion and when a new account shows up claiming lies about how things have already transpired... well...) then my apologies.

The reality is that Ben has been actively doing Bible Adventures stuff for years. He would freely talk to anyone about it and as I understand it, Rob came to WI talking big stuff about wanting to buy Spooky pinball at one point a few years back. They brushed him off and away he went, but on that trip Ben of course talked about Bible Adventures. Rob grabbed on to the idea and then has tried to claim it all as his own. Given his apparent sue happy nature, it seems many players in the industry just dont even want to deal with his bullshit and he appears to know this. He likes to talk big just to try and piss in everyone's cheerios. Sadly with Ben, it appears to have been enough for him to say F it (as you can imagine, pretty shitty to have a dream theme you are actively working on and then some asshole lawyer starts making big claims and sucks 100% of the fun out of it for fear the guy will just sue you into submission since he has the money to do so)

At this point Robert and Derproot has not helped a single person and their net impact has been nothing but bad for the industry.
IF and that is a BIG IF, they pay back all the Jpop people then I will be happy to give them high fives. Until that time comes, they pretty much suck for what they have done to Ben, the claims they have made to try and hurt AP, and just his general BS.

#593 6 years ago

There's 2 sayings that I wanna say "you gotta risk it for the biscuit" and "don't knock it before u try it"... I hope these games turn bad ass and people will jump on board. I really want them to succeed. Pinball is way too expensive so its nice to see a company come along and say they wanna make top tier games and sell them for a fair price. Also it would help the Texas scene. I wanna see pinball grow to what it was in the 90s

#594 6 years ago

"you gotta risk it for the biscuit"

I did. Or more specifically, I risked it for the Biscuit Head.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

"Live action internal side art" Quick go register the patent!!!

On it!

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At this point Robert and Derproot has not helped a single person and their net impact has been nothing but bad for the industry.

You might want to ask Applejuice and Zombieyeti about that. Supposedly, they've been taken care of, so at least that's a start towards cleaning up Zidware's mess.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

You might want to ask Applejuice and Zombieyeti about that. Supposedly, they've been taken care of, so at least that's a start towards cleaning up Zidware's mess.

I dont believe they can talk about stuff, but as I understand it... they sold some of their work to Derproot.

Guessing they also were happy to get anything (even if not what they were owed).

#598 6 years ago

There are many who no longer want John to be associated with pinball, period. In an ideal world, John would refund all Zidware customers and then just disappear from the world of pinball. I get the thought that perhaps signing him is an option for helping Zidware customers, but it's damn near 20 years since the guy has designed a functional machine. Maybe it's time for him to find a different profession and work on paying people back himself. The fact that Ben Heck is leaving pinball before JPop is kind of bumming me out.

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There are many who no longer want John to be associated with pinball, period. In an ideal world, John would refund all Zidware customers and then just disappear from the world of pinball.

It never seemed like he learned anything. That is the problem.

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There are many who no longer want John to be associated with pinball, period. In an ideal world, John would refund all Zidware customers and then just disappear from the world of pinball. I get the thought that perhaps signing him is an option for helping Zidware customers, but it's damn near 20 years since the guy has designed a functional machine. Maybe it's time for him to find a different profession and work on paying people back himself. The fact that Ben Heck is leaving pinball before JPop is kind of bumming me out.

I don't want John associated with this planet, let alone pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.