• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 669.
#5801 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I mean, you can be the best player in the world, but the first ball you play on a brand new game you've never seen before isn't going to be pretty. That's just a fact.
Pinside has a lot of cynicism and criticism and, criticism is fine. But Steven in recent interviews has emphasized that constructive criticism is good, and I agree with him fully.

That is not incorrect (I'd argue that they could gave at least made ANY shot) but it's still a horrible "gameplay video".

I'm not cynical or overly critical I's say (trolling trolls I do), I'm just seeing pics of a very nice looking game that I want to see in action... In a kinda representative way.

I'm not into the theme AT ALL but seeing the duck target and ferris wheel rotate it kinda looks really imaginative and joyfull/ delightfull. It makes me happy to see that and makes me wanna explore that.
I give'em credit for that!

#5802 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Stern .... "may not like that!"

He's still the "general" pinball ambassador, right? *cough* *cough*

#5803 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

MG had shots that lead to nowhere, this guys here just don't hit any ...
(Why so negative?)
In addition I might add it'll look the same if I'd do a video trying to hit the Iron Maiden ramps.
I would LIKE to say it's the game's fault...

So does this. Half the game is placeholders.

#5804 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Since you're obviously there and have played it a lot, fill us in.

#5805 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The ball doesent roll on the external of the cabinet ....

#5806 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since you're obviously there and have played it a lot, fill us in.

You appear to be choosing not to acknowledge the content of the photos and videos.

#5807 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You appear to be choosing not to acknowledge the content of the photos and videos.

I do. I see a pretty game and some shitty players. If the game plays shitty is tbd since the players would have to hit something else then the posts.

So feel free to fill us in where the dead shots are.

I begin to acknowledge something else though...

#5808 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is not incorrect (I'd argue that they could gave at least made ANY shot) but it's still a horrible "gameplay video".

I'm not cynical or overly critical I's say (trolling trolls I do), I'm just seeing pics of a very nice looking game that I want to see in action... In a kinda representative way.

I'm not into the theme AT ALL but seeing the duck target and ferris wheel rotate it kinda looks really imaginative and joyfull/ delightfull. It makes me happy to see that and makes me wanna explore that.
I give'em credit for that!

I can dig it, all good! I actually find your takes to be among the more reasonable and least cynical in these parts

I would like to see some video that shows some of the shots and gameplay too, wish the video didnt cut away the one time the ramp got hit!

Seems like a fairly front loaded, not super open layout, suspect there will be a fair amount of bricking by all til we get a few games on it

#5809 4 years ago

I'm excited for Deeproot to finally get a prototype product after 4 years of planning and preperation. It certainly looks like a Jpop designed pinball machine. Gameplay is very hard to tell....doesn't look like very good players were playing it in the video. I'm excited to actually play one.....the arrow definitely seems to be pointing up for Deeproot.

#5810 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

FIRST LOOK Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA) Gameplay

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#5811 4 years ago

The players in the video are almost as terrible as the camera work. Not a good way to do a game justice. Guess it’s just a rush to be the first one out with a video.

#5812 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The players in the video are almost as terrible as the camera work. Not a good way to do a game justice. Guess it’s just a rush to be the first one out with a video.

Or Zach plain hates'em, cause they want to sell their games without the help of distributors.

#5813 4 years ago

My first take. Placeholder artwork aside. It has a good variety of playfield features and it seems a pretty well thought out layout.

But between the animations, the sounds, the theme in general, and what seems like the standard soullessness of most of today's games, I can see myself playing it to see how it shoots, but with no desire to own one.

However, if it comes in at a price similar to Thunderbirds are Go, it will make a good affordable entry level game with a light hearted theme for someone without the skills to repair or desire to own an older game.

#5814 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

How was the movie last night?

#5815 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How was the movie last night?

Amazing! I could definitely see myself owning a Ford Vs. Ferrari pinball machine, old man theme or not.

#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh my gosh Zach...
Did you gather the 3 most untalented players around for that video?! They don't make ANY shot, that's a pure brickfest.
Number 4 hits at least an orbit it seems when the video is ending. O.o;
Really, the game looks horrible to play in that video, can't believe it's that bad for real.
My, Houdini is a tight game and I love it.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Paging Steve Bowden. Really hope he's there and will do a walkthrough video with Zach.

Damn! Haha I’m not there. I asked someone there to shoot some video on their cell phone so I could get everyone some gameplay since I wasn’t finding much online. Just trying to get everyone some video but I can’t control the filming. Put down the pitchforks you mean cruel fellow pinheads hahaha still love ya but hurt that you think I filmed that (me crying alone in a corner trying to help).

#5817 4 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this discussion. Debating targets, ramps, drop zones, display, colors, lighting...
Last week it was "vaporware"

THIS IS GREAT! I actually believe I'm going to get a RAZA machine after 7+ years...

Carry on Pinside.

#5818 4 years ago

OMG is that Jpop?!

jpop (resized).jpgjpop (resized).jpg

#5819 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn! Haha I’m not there. I asked someone there to shoot some video on their cell phone so I could get everyone some gameplay since I wasn’t finding much online. Just trying to get everyone some video but I can’t control the filming. Put down the pitchforks you mean cruel fellow pinheads hahaha still love ya but hurt that you think I filmed that (me crying alone in a corner trying to help).

How about replacing it with a better video?

#5820 4 years ago

So no streaming of this game online by goood players this weekend?

#5821 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

OMG is that Jpop?!
[quoted image]

FUCK....better than Trudeau...

#5822 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

OMG is that Jpop?!
[quoted image]

I don't know. Kinda reminds me of this dude.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#5823 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Correct, it’s “DETHRONED”
Knocking Stern off wasn’t hard because they were never in the chair

Blasphemy!

#5824 4 years ago

I like that the rotating obstruction only has the one peg, rather than two...

#5825 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

FUCK....better than Trudeau...

Haha! I miss your podcast man. You were so great!

#5826 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

OMG is that Jpop?!
[quoted image]

Nope. Thats Eddie Cramer from New York. Most people here don't know him but he's a great guy and I'm loving to see some of the original RAZA artwork in the game. Especially seeing him there.

#5827 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So no streaming of this game online by goood players this weekend?

To stand in front of this thing, you would probably have to pay somebody real goooood.

#5828 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

OMG is that Jpop?!
[quoted image]

Nope. That's actually Eddie Cramer, New York pinball restoration guy and official NYCPC tech.

NYC legend operator Al Cihak (pinaholic) in the right outlane. Not that anybody over at Deep Root actually knows this, they are just using the 5-year old zombie yeti art they tried to steal.

there's a story behind it but I absolutely have no idea how those two ended up in this playfield art in the first place. One thing is for sure, they probably sold about 20 games to Al by doing it!

#5829 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

OMG is that Jpop?!
[quoted image]

Looks like Alice Cooper.

#5830 4 years ago
robertplant.jpgrobertplant.jpg
#5831 4 years ago

After watching that video, Stern, JJP, CGC and Spooky have nothing to fear, unless it is priced really well.

#5832 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

After watching that video, Stern, JJP, CGC and Spooky have nothing to fear, unless it is priced really well.

LOL... keep trying. Take that drink and toss out another one

#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Nothing to fear but themselves producing mediocre code, dimpled & pooling playfields, same boring shots, no mechs to speak of, and just forgettable boring play.

This is why 90’s pins cost as much as new pins

#5834 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Amazing! I could definitely see myself owning a Ford Vs. Ferrari pinball machine, old man theme or not.

Glad you dug it! Definitely my must watch in the theater, till years' end!

#5835 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This is why 90’s pins cost as much as new pins

I'm playing one of the cheaper ones and it is so much fun.

#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

How about replacing it with a better video?

I’m not there or I’d be happy to film the heck out of it for everyone

#5838 4 years ago

Cool design, but needs a bit a bit of tweaking to make it shoot better in my opinion (Maybe Nordman can help him). The ramp is obviously too steep, also DR can also save money by removing the Duck mech and maybe adding drops instead..? I would've also moved the atomic shop out of the way and moved it to the side where the spinning disc is located. This move would have helped with the flow on that side, but just my opinion. Nice LCD and animations tho. I think more competition is healthy....Best of luck DR!

#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m not there or I’d be happy to film the heck out of it for everyone

Steve Ritchie doing Scorpion impression: "GET OVER HERE!!!"

#5840 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Give him proper instructions, like: FILM BETTER!!!

#5841 4 years ago

Anyone else going to the official launch of deeproot Pinball on March 25th? Hope we get an invite

#5842 4 years ago

Well, it has potential but the right ramp needs to be makeable.

Shame it has low scoring like JJP games.

Still liking the display but no other wow moments yet!

#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone else going to the official launch of deeproot Pinball on March 25th? Hope we get an invite

Looking forward to seeing the finished and polished version of Raza. The game oozes potential, and it’s an early prototype.

#5844 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, it has potential but the right ramp needs to be makeable.

That's what you get for weaning your teeth on Gottlieb.

#5845 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what you get for weaning your teeth on Gottlieb.

And getting used to scoring Millions on the woodrails!

On a serious note, I think it is basic psychology that higher scores make people feel better, so they play more.

AFM, looking at you

#5846 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And getting used to scoring Millions on the woodrails!
On a serious note, I think it is basic psychology that higher scores make people feel better, so they play more.
AFM, looking at you

It's quite easy to fix "low score" games by simply adding a decimal to the existing point value and then multiplying up. That avoids "high" scores with loads of 000s at the end.

#5847 4 years ago

Looking at Ed’s video,way to much of the alien green on playfield.You would think that they would use a piece of invisaglass or equal.Also the lighting looks pretty basic,after playing Wonka and other new pins.
After all this time this pin should be perfected,especially with all the talent down there.

#5848 4 years ago

It would be easier to accept this as a first pin effort if we hadn’t been getting years of hubris and grandiose talk. Now here we are watching shitty cell phone footage of bad players playing what appears to be just another pinball.

#5849 4 years ago

So they took this game to a show to get feedback ? I don't know that's it's going to be real positive.

#5850 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So they took this game to a show to get feedback ?
Looking at the videos etc I think feedback isn't going to be good. They may have folks tell them to start over. Maybe that was the plan all along.
If they say they have to start over they can fart around for a couple more years and still produce zero. Something isn't right with the big picture.
Where did they set up in the show ? Whats with the hotel chairs jammed around the machine ? If you can't set up a proper booth to showcase your product, what are you doing back at the shop.
Doesn't look very promising for a game that has had a couple years work off a previous design. Not a great presentation.

Peolple are always complainig about everything. At least now we have a game to look at and it looks great. No one still knows really how it plays but the bashing already started.
If you can no longer feel joy regarding new project maybe some here should change hobbies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/117?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.