Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 672.
#5651 4 years ago

A few more pics from the show floor. There is a TON of stuff going on in there, and a few shots/targets that I will have to see in play to see how they actually work. The main ramp has multiple exit areas depending on the strength of the shot up the ramp, and there are at least two vertical u turns in use, one on each side of the cabinet (including the shooter lane).
IMG_20191115_013551.jpgIMG_20191115_013551.jpgIMG_20191115_013630.jpgIMG_20191115_013630.jpg
IMG_20191115_013615.jpgIMG_20191115_013615.jpgIMG_20191115_013620.jpgIMG_20191115_013620.jpgIMG_20191115_013639.jpgIMG_20191115_013639.jpgIMG_20191115_013646.jpgIMG_20191115_013646.jpgIMG_20191115_013650.jpgIMG_20191115_013650.jpgIMG_20191115_013658.jpgIMG_20191115_013658.jpgIMG_20191115_013702.jpgIMG_20191115_013702.jpg

#5652 4 years ago

I also think the bg/cab art is just a place holder.

Game looks fantastic, proper Bally williams feel to it which i like. I also feel the screen lends it self very well to pinball. with the ususal 4:3 ratio you need to constantly swap between playing animation / video clips with the scores/modes data or float them on top some where. With this resolution you just keep that information to the side and run your animations in the middle. I think it's perfect for pinball. Your playing pinball not watching a full HD movie on it!!! The pure size of it immerses your self in the video.

I don't care about all the crazy innovation bullshit. If they can make this style game that is reliable/maintainable for the right price they will sell! and put a dent in the competition.

Cleargate could not have come at a better time for them! There are a lot of NIB buyers out there with money waiting to burn and they might just spend it with deeproot now? Could get 2 of these for the price of a JJP

Definitely following with interest. Hopefully there is a decent UK distribution.

#5653 4 years ago

WOW..... now i like it even more after seeing it in action (youtube).

#5654 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I'm also think the bg/cab art is just a place holder.

Not "think". DR stated (Emphasised!) this is Not the final art!.

i.e. B/G and Cab is all Placeholder. Until March.

Just that nobody has read the memo.

#5655 4 years ago

Kind of looking like a sequel to AFM - which is a good thing.

If it plays like a B/W game and is coded like a modern Stern, we have a winner.

#5656 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not "think". DR stated (Emphasised!) this is Not the final art!.
i.e. B/G and Cab is all Placeholder. Until March.
Just that nobody has read the memo.

I probably should read the article and not just look at the pretty pictures

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I probably should read the article and not just look at the pretty pictures

Looks like all your "readings" of Playboy back in the last century or so have given you some bad habits

#5658 4 years ago

This is hilarious: a new Trojan horse rolls into town with some on lookers fawning all over it. Something smells, as DR investors might be being scammed (For example: DR built an unneeded auditorium, instead of building and selling even their first machine - do like everyone else does and show at a convention and save investor money for building up inventories of something that actually brings in revenue - pinball machines). Some people are giving DR kudos for JPop work done years ago when he had Zidware.

Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so some are giving DR a pass, but what about the poor DR investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $750,000.00 (DR claimed expenditure figures, not mine) a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time. Hope what appears to be possible isn’t. Just my opinion from looking at it closer.

DR confirmed game list is JPop titles he began years ago.

(Unless observations are nothing but positive...downvotes)

#5659 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is hilarious: a new Trojan horse rolls into town with some fawning all over it. Something smells, as DR investors might be being scammed (DR built an unneeded auditorium, instead of building and selling even their first machine - do like everyone else does and show at a convention and save investor money for building up inventories of something that actually brings in revenue - pinball machines). Some people are giving them kudos for JPop work done years ago when he had Zidware. Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so everyone is giving DR a pass, but what about the poor investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $7.5 million a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time.

Having a rough morning?? You might want to adjust down the $7.5M a month......after you’ve had a complete breakfast.

#5660 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is hilarious: a new Trojan horse rolls into town with some fawning all over it. Something smells, as DR investors might be being scammed (DR built an unneeded auditorium, instead of building and selling even their first machine - do like everyone else does and show at a convention and save investor money for building up inventories of something that actually brings in revenue - pinball machines). Some people are giving them kudos for JPop work done years ago when he had Zidware. Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so everyone is giving DR a pass, but what about the poor investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $7.5 million a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time.

Jeez that must be some giant sized carrot you got stuck up in there! .... you might want to get that looked at hey?

#5661 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is hilarious: a new Trojan horse rolls into town with some on lookers fawning all over it. Something smells, as DR investors might be being scammed (For example: DR built an unneeded auditorium, instead of building and selling even their first machine - do like everyone else does and show at a convention and save investor money for building up inventories of something that actually brings in revenue - pinball machines). Some people are giving DR kudos for JPop work done years ago when he had Zidware.
Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so some are giving DR a pass, but what about the poor DR investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $7.5 million (DR claimed expenditure figures, not mine) a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time. Hope what appears to be possible isn’t. Just my opinion from looking at it closer.

You might check the other thread:
you seem a bit stressed out. Hobby here.

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so some are giving DR a pass, but what about the poor DR investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $7.5 million (DR claimed expenditure figures, not mine) a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time. Hope what appears to be possible isn’t. Just my opinion from looking at it closer.

I am as big of a DR skeptic as anyone, but for the love of god...at least get your facts straight. Its 750k a month, not 7.5 million.

#5663 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am as big of a DR skeptic as anyone, but for the love of god...at least get your facts straight. Its 750k a month, not 7.5 million.

Thanks, corrected it. Still a very high figure for what has been shown to date.

#5664 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks, corrected it. Still a very high figure for what has been shown to date.

It’s not the only high thing around here.

#5665 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Having a rough morning?? You might want to adjust down the $7.5M a month......after you’ve had a complete breakfast.

Damn you’re up early

#5666 4 years ago

The outlanes look sttng brutal. Looks like it might be fun tho!

#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sure they haven’t taken pinball money yet, so some are giving DR a pass, but what about the poor DR investors??? Their money is being spent like no tomorrow $750,000.00 (DR claimed expenditure figures, not mine) a month and this is all they have to show for years of work??? A machine that DR claims is not the finished version and almost everything on the machine is going to change? Wow, are we expected to believe the Trojan horse is a great gift? Looking at this, causes great concerns. Hope the investors don’t lose out on their hard earned investment monies, because if this is all they have at this point in the business cycle that began 2016/17 and I we’re an investor, I’d be worried big time. Hope what appears to be possible isn’t. Just my opinion from looking at it closer.

Investors are capable of making 'big boy' decisions and to do due diligence.

People saying they won't buy a JPOP game due to principles and then they go and play their Ghostbusters.......

#5668 4 years ago

Can anyone take a pic of the “duck” target (under the left ramp return, just above the left sling)?

In the TWIP interview, JPop says it’s a unique type of spinning target but all the photos and videos so far haven’t shown it.

#5669 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is hilarious: a new Trojan horse rolls into town with some on lookers fawning all over it. Something smells, as DR investors might be being scammed

I don't DV people but this doesn't even need a downvote. It's just so sadly transparent.

So you're actually worried about DR's investors all of a sudden? Suuure.

You just want some attention so now you're gonna troll this thread all you can.

We get it... you'd rather nobody got compensated for JFlop and hope they will just fold their tent right now.

Please at least don't repeat yourself... everybody now knows your opinion so don't become a broken record.

#5670 4 years ago

Would be neat to see video of someone working that ramp a bit!

I wouldn't put too much stock into whether it seems "drainy," could simply be setup hard for the show. It was challenging getting on a JP3 at ReplyFx and E3 at Expo, only two machines gonna be long lines!

#5671 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Would be neat to see video of someone working that ramp a bit!
I wouldn't put too much stock into whether it seems "drainy," could simply be setup hard for the show. It was challenging getting on a JP3 at ReplyFx and E3 at Expo, only two machines gonna be long lines!

The posts on the outlanes look like they are lower than normally found on games, hence my sttng comment.
By design it should be a drain monster. With any type of speed the ball will just slope off

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from Hardsuit:

A few more pics from the show floor. There is a TON of stuff going on in there, and a few shots/targets that I will have to see in play to see how they actually work. The main ramp has multiple exit areas depending on the strength of the shot up the ramp, and there are at least two vertical u turns in use, one on each side of the cabinet (including the shooter lane).
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I do understand that 3D printing is awesome for fasf prototyping, but I really hope they won't dare using it for production.

#5673 4 years ago

#5674 4 years ago

Has anybody had a chance to look under the playfield or backbox? It would be interesting to learn what kind of electronic hardware this game is based on.

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Has anybody had a chance to look under the playfield or backbox? It would be interesting to learn what kind of electronic hardware this game is based on.

It’s got to be their own stuff. There’s now way it would take this long to get one game to a ‘demo’ state if they went with a pre-existing platform.

#5676 4 years ago

Super curious why this metal cutout was necessary. Im guessing choosing to have the ball return here kept hitting the sling?

image-15 (resized).pngimage-15 (resized).png
#5677 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Super curious why this metal cutout was necessary. Im guessing choosing to have the ball return here kept hitting the sling?[quoted image]

Yeah, that’s wacky. Couldn’t get the ramp exit low enough for a controlled release? Blocked too much view?

#5678 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Super curious why this metal cutout was necessary. Im guessing choosing to have the ball return here kept hitting the sling?[quoted image]

Yes, my Full Throttle had that problem due to the lack of a stop at the end of the clear ramp. Unreliable rejects.

It looks like Deeproot does not have a stop (piece of rubber etc) at the end of their ramp either, making the loop a great idea.

My guess is that they preferred the clean tech look and adding a cut metal part which looks nice as well over a gob of rubber, right in sight.

#5679 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, that’s wacky. Couldn’t get the ramp exit low enough for a controlled release? Blocked too much view?

I’m wacky

#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Yes, my Full Throttle had that problem due to the lack of a stop at the end of the clear ramp. Unreliable rejects.
It looks like Deeproot does not have a stop (piece of rubber etc) at the end of their ramp either, making the loop a great idea.
My guess is that they preferred the clean tech look and adding a cut metal part which looks nice as well over a gob of rubber, right in sight.

I’m curious if that ball gate will hold up. The rubber softens the movement of the ball so it doesn’t eventually crack the ramp; without it (couldn’t they use translucent rubber/silicone?) it seems there would be a risk the ball would bend that metal stop with some awkward downward force. Depends on how thick it is, I guess.

On the flip side - Is there any risk of damaging the ball if it hits off center?

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I think Robert has done an amazing job. To have a vision so encompassing that he uses his own company money to front not only building a pinball company but creating a brand deeproot plus studios for animation and coding, manufacturing set up, patents and rethinking how a pinball machine is built, maintained, and lastability, not 1 but at least 5 new pinball designs in various levels of pre and post production. To ask nothing ZERO of his future clientele but feedback on his 1st product so that major issues dont happen once it's in consumers hands. To generously offer to pay back zidware preorders yes it was PR but it worked he has my respect as a businessman (very smart) and will have at least 2 machines bought from me upon release. I am the voice my money is my voice, buying is a voice of accomplishment not trolling online. His creative teams he selected his business choices , he is learning that's what you do when you put everything on the line for something you believe in and have passion for. It's not a matter of who's better stern, jjp, spooky, cgc or deeproot. It's what all these brands do for us as the buyers not whiners on a forum. They create better choices, if u dont like one pass on it like I do. Tell them why with your dollars not just empty words, they wont listen until you stop buying and voice specifically why something is good or not. Value is what Robert is creating like the Tesla brand you have to think down the road not just now or 2 years from now. We have a location with 27 pins in it. It's not meant for tournament players, we are growing the next generation of players and buyers by focusing on classic and themes that appeal to all ages, kids particularly and what will keep pinball going strong for them not us.

#5682 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

People saying they won't buy a JPOP game due to principles and then they go and play their Ghostbusters.......

This gave me my first smile of the day. Thank you and well done.

#5683 4 years ago

I just watched the available videos on it and it looks " ok " . Glad to see any company making new pins . I didn't see any knock your socks off wow Factor . Where's the best animations we have seen in Pinball . It doesn't even come close to JJP's first release WOZ , that was a game-changer . After what I saw , I would get so many other current titles before I would consider this one . I would give them ALOT more slack if they had'nt repeatedly boasted how they were going to blow the competition away .

#5684 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Congrats to TWIP for this scoop. I like what I see and read so far.

I hope you're not going to transcribe any of his interviews for your website

#5685 4 years ago

I am really hoping they nailed the quality - that's what's going to give the other guys a run for their money, not a few hundred $ discount.
If they can build a solid machine with a good PF that doesn't breakdown .................................

#5686 4 years ago

I give RM full credit for saying it like it is, about the pinball industry. Bravo!

Don't get why everyone wants to have a big old sook about it. I say good on you DR, for wanting to do something about it!.

No need to get all antsy. I guess the truth hurts though, for some.

I hope Deeproot sends a Stern message for the complacent manufacturer/s. A lasting one that makes them think about pulling thier act together and stop being cheapskates, if they want to survive.

#5687 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

I do understand that 3D printing is awesome for fasf prototyping, but I really hope they won't dare using it for production.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am really hoping they nailed the quality - that's what's going to give the other guys a run for their money, not a few hundred $ discount.
If they can build a solid machine with a good PF that doesn't breakdown .................................

Pretty sure this is indeed an 'early prototype' as they initially stated, and not "something that any other manufacturer could release right now, but we're not going to" - paraphrasing.

Jack (Dead Flip) went through the whole thing, part by part, on stream last night. It has a lot of strange, janky, and very proto looking stuff. IMO they're going to need at least the 6 - 7 months they've allowed themselves to get this to production, if it's already taken them 2+ and JPop 8+ years to get to this stage.

I'd be very surprised if what we are seeing now doesn't require major revision.

#5688 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Maybe in place of the current backglass will be a big big ol' screen? Animations seem important to what Deeproot is doing
Mehhh, kinda doubt it though. No back glass might wig people out?

I thought this as well. Wide screen at bottom will be for scores and more static. Full big screen above to use Deeproots animation team.

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

IMO they're going to need at least the 6 - 7 months they've allowed themselves to get this production....

According to Mr Pinball, who says he just recieved an update from DR, "they will start building games in a few Months".

I guess only time will tell.

#5690 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Can anyone take a pic of the “duck” target (under the left ramp return, just above the left sling)?
In the TWIP interview, JPop says it’s a unique type of spinning target but all the photos and videos so far haven’t shown it.

IMG_20191115_013627.jpgIMG_20191115_013627.jpg
#5691 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

According to Mr Pinball, who says he just recieved an update from DR, "they will start building games in a few Months".
I guess only time will tell.

End of June is only a few months ...

However, it would not surprise me if some of the non-Popadiuk games are further along than this is, in terms of what's under the glass.

#5692 4 years ago

I think the large lcd's look out of place on new games. I like the look of this screen more than those. Some of the best pins have a dmd for cryin out loud. Don't understand why so many people seem hung up on the screen. Look's like it's proportions suit a pinball machine more than what other's are currently offering.

#5693 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I think the large lcd's look out of place on new games. I like the look of this screen mire than those. Some of the best pins have a dmd dor cryin out loud. Don't understand why so many people seem hung up on the screen. Look's like it's proportions suit a pinball machine more than what other's are currently offering.

Here, here!

Big screens on pinballs are soooo over-rated. Such a pointless waste of resourses imho.

I'd much rather see that value not wasted and put into More stuff where it actually means something.... on the playfield! . A playfield mounted screen maybe, a-la Alien... or some other interesting fun mech.

Besides I'd much prefer a great looking backglass.

#5694 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I hate that people keep saying RAZA has a Zombie theme. I mean I get that its in the name, but art-wise it seems a lot more like a retro sci-fi theme, mixed with some carnival type stuff. The only zombies I see look more like space-zombies that could just pass for martians. Maybe it needs a name change.

Agreed. Honestly, after playing it last night, I came away with a Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane vibe. JPop even referenced this in his interview on TWIP.

#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I think the large lcd's look out of place on new games. I like the look of this screen mire than those. Some of the best pins have a dmd dor cryin out loud. Don't understand why so many people seem hung up on the screen. Look's like it's proportions suit a pinball machine more than what other's are currently offering.

The screen looks alright and will probably work well for this game but if down the road they get movie titles I don't think it will work so well , a big translate is good when is turned off but I want it to be awesome when it's turned on . I don't get why people have such a hard time looking up , you have so many opportunities to look up , when you shoot an orbit, shoot a ramp , lock a ball , ect . Most of the time the call outs tell you what to do anyway .

#5696 4 years ago

Lots of $ on the sidelines with the JJP/Stern unresolved playfield issues. Lots of people looking at their recent games pooling and chipping, and no word from either company. Timing is perfect for DR unless JJP/Stern fix their existing issues.

#5697 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got to play RAZA tonight and meet some of the Deeproot team. The display On the back box is really nice. I love the wide screen that goes completely across the width of the machine. I can’t wait to see the final product![quoted image][quoted image]

OMG I didn't realize on the left hand side there is a WIGGLER TRACK.
When the outlane kickback shoots the ball up it is put on top of a translucent plastic that wiggles the ball as it goes down. OK I was skeptical at first, especially with the waving standup target, but that kind of throwback now just delights me.

The wiggle track AND the left ramp dumping the ball above the sling and not in the outlane seem like brave choices and I'm all here for it.

RAZA wiggle (resized).jpgRAZA wiggle (resized).jpg
#5698 4 years ago

not understanding why the ball is dropping in front of the left sling instead of the inlane, what benefit does that provide? One of the benefits of hitting a ramp is to score the inlane shot. Also, how much wear is that area going to see with no ability to protect it like a cliffy switch protector would. will be kind of an eyesore when it's worn to wood like you see with most switch slots over time.

looks like a cool game, but lots of unknowns right now.

#5699 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

End of June is only a few months ...

The end of June is over 7 months away

#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

not understanding why the ball is dropping in front of the left sling instead of the inlane, what benefit does that provide? One of the benefits of hitting a ramp is to score the inlane shot. Also, how much wear is that area going to see with no ability to protect it like a cliffy switch protector would. will be kind of an eyesore when it's worn to wood like you see with most switch slots over time.
looks like a cool game, but lots of unknowns right now.

It's only to 'score an inlane shot' in games designed for that. Dialed In dumps in front of the sling. Monopoly Dumps in front of the sling from the train. High speed dumps in front of the slings. Big Guns too. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/114?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.