• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 669.
#5551 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Keeping the critical information closer to the playfield is an AWESOME design choice IMO.

Good Point.

#5552 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That display is 29" across with the frame. Given the pictures, and the size of a standard Cabinet/Head - that's bigger than what they're using.

Drop the frame

And as i wrote: "something like that" . The street prize for the one i have mentioned is 850 € . Way too expensive for pinball.

#5553 4 years ago

I've seen some mention this will be in the $4k to $5k price range, and I would certainly like to have some of what they have been smoking.

#5554 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's possible and even likely that the cool display is meant for lower end priced games and that premium games will have a larger monitor.

To me, this is the absolute optimal display solution. Full width, 50% taller than DMD and colour. Perfect. There is no for-premium opgrade.

I've expressed this in the past. And when they did Attack From Mars remake, I thought, nooow these guys got it. Only the speakers on CGC games are squeezed in. It just doesn't work (they have the Willy heritage for better and worse). I am not too sure on the speaker solution on Deeproot. But the display is just monster awesome.

#5555 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Yup. Let’s review.
Ramps, ok. Some cool stuff there but nothing mind blowing.
Some sculpted figures,
Nothing new.
A moving target. Nothing new.
A toy on a spring, see Star Wars,
A Ferris wheel, see cyclone and hurricane.
Maybe some magnets,see every other jpop game.
Nice art, very reminiscent of Big Bang bar as far as color palette goes.
Cool theme, I guess. So, in a nut shell.
Nothing we haven’t seen before.
Nothing mind blowing or really innovative.
What will really sell this? Price, and ruleset.
If it shoots well it could be a fun game.
But I’m not overly impressed with what I’ve seen yet.
But it’s all about how it plays.
We will wait and see.

There is info in the interview... which your post suggests you have not read.

#5556 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as they get the TV screen right, as far as pinside is concerned, the rest is minor details.

Maybe it's a 3D screen and you wear bifocals

#5557 4 years ago

Looks pretty good to me, typical Jpop in design, a bit too bright on the greens, but maybe in person it looks great.

#5558 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is info in the interview... which your post suggests you have not read.

I read it, and at one point J-Pop mentions-

"Naturally Gottlieb games from the 50’s and 60’s did this well, using seemingly little on the playfield but having great play and flipper shots."

I suppose Gottlieb also invented all those Williams features from the 50s and 60s he likes to use so well.

#5559 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've seen some mention this will be in the $4k to $5k price range, and I would certainly like to have some of what they have been smoking.

Exactly Odin!
I’m guessing a few or couple hundred less than a stern premium. They will boast about their quality of construction vs stern and what a bargain their machines are for what they are charging.
It’s great they are going to make machines but time will tell if they hold up to commercial abuse and I can’t wait to hear reviews/feedback from pinside early adopters.

#5560 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

To me, this is the absolute optimal display solution. Full width, 50% taller than DMD and colour. Perfect. There is no for-premium opgrade.
I've expressed this in the past. And when they did Attack From Mars remake, I thought, nooow these guys got it. Only the speakers on CGC games are squeezed in. It just doesn't work (they have the Willy heritage for better and worse). I am not too sure on the speaker solution on Deeproot. But the display is just monster awesome.

I agree!
thank god it’s not a giant screen like JJP uses. Maybe I’m in the minority but I like playing pinball not watching movie clips. I guess they are good for observers but all I think of is the hitler rant video when WOZ was released.
“I’m trying to keep the ball in play...Who cares about a large display!”
I’d always Choose a machine with a few really cool toys on it and a tiny dataeast style display over one that had less interactive/creative toys with a giant screen.

#5561 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing those Ferraris at Kia prices as promised. Was it Kia or Hyundai, I don't remember?

Actually I'm more looking forward to seeing Ford Vs. Ferrari tonight.

#5562 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm not sure what the complaints about the screen are about? It looks a lot bigger than a traditional DMD to me. And you can fit a nice backglass above it.
[quoted image]

#5563 4 years ago

Deeproot gonna slay the competition I just have a hunch.

#5564 4 years ago

Half the people on here are asking questions and making assumptions that are already answered in the freaking article!! Jesus

#5565 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He certainly did...
..."some"...
...but then reading through here sometimes I ask myself why I've not yet deleted my account and killed myself.
Srsly what I read here (simplified):
A: "We'll present you 3 green triangles!"
B: "How many?"
C: "What shape?"
D: "What color?"

Solid Gold!! ... Thank you!!!

(not saying the triangles are gold, I'm not lazy or illiterate, I did bother to read that they are green! Lol)

#5566 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Please tell me you're joking. If that is the case and if AIW is a title I want, I will be asking DR if it's possible to have a non cleared pf sent to Kruzman and then back to them.

That idea popped into my head after hearing reports about EHOH playfields cratering and I feel the same way about AIW. The original artwork was pretty amazing but all this NIB play-field quality BS is F’n ridiculous !!!

#5567 4 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

Half the people on here are asking questions and making assumptions that are already answered in the freaking article!! Jesus

Muhammad

#5568 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I read it, and at one point J-Pop mentions-
"Naturally Gottlieb games from the 50’s and 60’s did this well, using seemingly little on the playfield but having great play and flipper shots."
I suppose Gottlieb also invented all those Williams features from the 50s and 60s he likes to use so well.

Gottlieb bossed Williams in the 50's!

Impulse flippers anyone

#5569 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I don't mind this format at all either. Just not sure the JJP fans are going to jump in without a more standard screen option.

#5570 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

The new dominant manufacturer if their claims and directive have any substance, that seems obvious. Not hard either to do better than the poultry stern build quality/value nowdays with their blown out price for what you get, that is for sure.

I think their initial price point will be the same or less than Haggis Celts ..... so that is <$5250

#5571 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not hard to do better than the poultry stern build quality

Sterns were so much better when they used free range chickens in their builds, not these modern factory farmed things.

#5572 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gottlieb bossed Williams in the 50's!

I like the Gottlieb disappearing pop bumper that made a reappearance on Cirqus Voltaire.

#5573 4 years ago

4999.00 or below and they sell like hot cakes.

That's if the QC, play and code is quality.

#5574 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the Gottlieb disappearing pop bumper that made a reappearance on Cirqus Voltaire.

I’m not a big fan of that game but that is pretty damn cool!

#5575 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’m not a big fan of that game but that is pretty damn cool!

Lets not forget Gottlieb's 24 volt games that made Williams 50 volt games seem so slow.

#5576 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It looks like a scoop with a drop target in front. That's innovation!

TNA has a scoop with Three drops in front of it! .... Old hat stuff right there, now

#5577 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the 1975 Williams Triple Action spinning posts that made a reappearance on TOTAN.

#5578 4 years ago

so your thinking they are gonna release a slayer game?

#5579 4 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

I like the 1975 Williams Triple Action spinning posts that made a reappearance on TOTAN.

That goes way back to 1967 on a Rally game called Playboy.

And the Gottlieb thing was sort of a sarcastic response as the disappearing pop or jet bumper was a Harry Williams creation that first appeared on Gusher in 1958. Without impulse flippers as those went away in the early 50s.

#5580 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I agree!
thank god it’s not a giant screen like JJP uses. Maybe I’m in the minority but I like playing pinball not watching movie clips. I guess they are good for observers but all I think of is the hitler rant video when WOZ was released.
“I’m trying to keep the ball in play...Who cares about a large display!”
I’d always Choose a machine with a few really cool toys on it and a tiny dataeast style display over one that had less interactive/creative toys with a giant screen.

Why not get both? I mean aside from cost. Why is having a fully loaded game with a killer display undesirable?

#5581 4 years ago

First impression is better than expected. Pretty weak on the back glass tho...hope they make an improvement there. look forward to seeing video gameplay.

#5582 4 years ago

giphy (7).gifgiphy (7).gif
#5583 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

First impression is better than expected. Pretty weak on the back glass tho...hope they make an improvement there. look forward to seeing video gameplay.

Backglass AND cabinet art HAS to be a placeholder. Looks super-generic and doesn't match the playfield art.

#5584 4 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Drop the frame
And as i wrote: "something like that" . The street prize for the one i have mentioned is 850 € . Way too expensive for pinball.

Not all of them are such a rediculous price, depends on supply I guess......

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60842585826/Factory-direct-ultra-wide-advertising-display.html?s=p

2019-11-15-09-37-44.png2019-11-15-09-37-44.png

2019-11-15-09-37-25.png2019-11-15-09-37-25.png

... and I'm sure DR could source them even cheaper than I can, while still having adequate quality/durability.

#5585 4 years ago

I love the lower right side of this playfield. Just a few items I see.

1. Scoop in shooter lane that looks like it shoots the ball back under the ramp and into the middle of the playfield.
2. Magnet above the D insert.
3. The classic bingo spring seperating the shooter lane from the right outlane.
4. Standup target directly at the top of the oulane.
5. And I really like the artwork all the way down both sides of the shoot lane.

#5586 4 years ago

While wanting to keep prices low, my guess is Robert will pick $5.5k. While $5k would be nice, a fully featured, high end pin will have a large bill of material, expect to pay $5.5k. Just below Stern’s pro. Goody bag includes a 30 lb sledge hammer, for testing playfields.

#5587 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

While $5k would be nice, a fully featured, high end pin will have a large bill of material, expect to pay $5.5k. Just below Stern’s pro.

By the time these are ready to actually be produced, the Stern pro will probably be hitting near the $7K range, so if true expect closer to $6.5k.

However, with the overwhelming response to what has been shown already, and the increasing number of pinsiders drooling for more, they may abandon that strategy, and price them closer to a premium., which will probably be $10k by X-Mas.

#5588 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Oh my neighbor had those sneakers back in the day. Big fad that sold well.

#5589 4 years ago

"user error"

#5590 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Backglass AND cabinet art HAS to be a placeholder. Looks super-generic and doesn't match the playfield art.

lol Somebody actually DV'ed you just for repeating what the announcement already stated: The art is not finished for the cab or backglass. Plus it says that AGAIN in the TWIP article and interview.

This is where JFlop yet AGAIN fails to actually apologize for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from customers and giving them zilch. Oh but he's "humbled". Then he compares himself to Leonardo da Vinci.

Yeah that's humble alright... oy vey!

You can see how he and Robert might bond nicely. Still I wish DR nothing but success. More pinball (and more choices) is a good thing.

#5591 4 years ago

In another thread the question came up are these pictures of an actual machine, or some CGI rendering?

#5592 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In another thread the question came up are these pictures of an actual machine, or some CGI rendering?

You can see the grainy surface of the plastics as if they were done with a 3D printer for the prototype and since they are going to be showing it off soon I don't see what would be the point. The PF seems legit... whether everything actually FUNCTIONS - let's hope it's not MG 2.0.

Maybe the unfinished cab and backglass art though...

#5593 4 years ago

I got the Perfect place for a RAZA, right in between CV and Totan.
Anyone know where I can send my full price pre-order check
JK i like what I see so far but i will still play it first but pretty sure I'm a buyer.

20191114_192057 (resized).jpg20191114_192057 (resized).jpg
#5594 4 years ago

It looks to me that there are insert lights above the left outlane that can only be lit/activated by draining when the kickback is lit. I dont think Ive seen anything like that before.

#5595 4 years ago

So how long before o-din changes his avatar from Supreme to Deep Root?

#5596 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Screw that! I changed it to something really exciting happening TODAY.

#5597 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Anything but that crap Odiner. Come on man

You want one don’t ya

#5599 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anything but that crap Odiner. Come on man
You want one don’t ya

Look at my avatar. That's what I am enthused about today. If the general pinball community doesn't get it, not my worry. We got tickets for 9:30.

#5600 4 years ago

Overhype via outlandish and offensive claims? YES.

Did they produce a freakin’ awesome looking Jpop machine? YES!

Here are some ifs:

IF the game plays like a classic jpop, and IF the code is good, and IF the qc is good, and IF they price it right, and IF they can distribute in a timely fashion, and IF Stern will not make it right with customers that have PF issues, deeproot could be on its way to dethroning the current penny-pinching, ostrich head-in-the-sand qc modeled Stern. I really hope we can move on to higher quality matched with more affordable pricing.

IF!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/112?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.