Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 672.
#5351 4 years ago

Hi all, as long as everything comes together tonight as planned (knock on wood), This Week in Pinball will be sharing images of the Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland prototype machine tomorrow morning on TWIP. We'll also have interviews with Steven Bowden, John Popadiuk, and Robert Mueller.

#5352 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hi all, as long as everything comes together tonight as planned (knock on wood), This Week in Pinball will be sharing images of the Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland prototype machine tomorrow morning on TWIP.

I hope it does, and is close to production, for Deeproot and customers.

This thread will explode tomorrow.

LTG : )

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is 750K a month a real number?
Sounds way out of line.

Sounds like it's seriously low balling. Aside from all the pinball stuff in Texas, they supposedly have a studio of 30+ ex-Disney & Dreamworks animation people, plus a bunch of coders. Presumably the 750k a month was exclusive of capital expenditure, or at least didn't include the 7 figure sums, if not 8 figures, they'd spend whilst setting up the factory and hiring for production.

#5354 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This thread will explode tomorrow.

1075848_o.gif1075848_o.gif
#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry,
I do not consider a CRT wedged into the back of a pinball cabinet AR
AR is a lot Deeper than 99 Tech

It is as augmented reality as it gets, seeing something else than what really exists in the physical space. Augmented. Reality. Simple or complicated. Same.

Acknowledging or not doesn't change the fact it is a decades old concept that many are only just discovering existed long ago.

#5356 4 years ago

More artwork and a box of lights. Never seen before.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5357 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-launch-postponed
"TWIP: Is there any concern at deeproot that the launch may never happen?
RM: Zero concern. We are spending over $750k a month now on this project, and that will increase through launch. That is unsustainable without a launch in the short term."
And that was 11 months ago.

Saw that URL and immediately thought, "OH NOOES!" Glad, as you pointed out at the end, that was from last year.

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hi all, as long as everything comes together tonight as planned (knock on wood), This Week in Pinball will be sharing images of the Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland prototype machine tomorrow morning on TWIP. We'll also have interviews with Steven Bowden, John Popadiuk, and Robert Mueller.

"If" you care to share... why would you down vote this?

#5360 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

This is not the Deeproot Thread you are looking for.

But srsly, better start a new Thread with that info, all hope is lost here and'll vanish in eternity...

#5361 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I hope for O-din it’s Sledgehammer Pinball tomorrow!

#5362 4 years ago

From reading the statement is seems like this RAZA "prototype" will not be missing any gameplay or playfield feature mech "innovations", it sounds like robert is not classifying these aspects as "innovations" but merely what pinball already should/has had. Stuff that cost cutting by others has taken away.

I think the things missing that He calls the innovations will be alot of stuff inside, like operator features, servicability, playfield slide out/hang device, Augmented reality, VR, cabinet design.

System/Platform innovations, nothing missing that might impact on the ability to properly location test a complete, fully functional playfield/game in the public show setting. This scenario the bits/innovations that may be not revealed I guess may have little to nil impact on the ability to successfully fully test the Complete (with all the fantastic mechs) RAZA playfield prototype.

I dont think the insides of these games will be seen. Probably just in a standard generic cab, for testing the RAZA game on it's own.

Just my guess, based on the trickled statments.

#5363 4 years ago

No matter what is released tomorrow, this thread is going to need

J-Pop_Hugs (resized).jpgJ-Pop_Hugs (resized).jpg
#5364 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I hope for O-din it’s Sledgehammer Pinball tomorrow!

Sure would be better than just another fairy theme.

#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

From reading the statement is seems like this RAZA "prototype" will not be missing any gameplay or playfield feature mech "innovations", it sounds like robert is not classifying these aspects as "innovations" but merely what pinball already should/has had. Stuff that cost cutting by others has taken away.
I think the things missing that He calls the innovations will be alot of stuff inside, like operator features, servicability, playfield slide out/hang device, Augmented reality, VR, cabinet design.
System/Platform innovations, nothing missing that might impact on the ability to properly location test a complete, fully functional playfield/game in the public show setting. This scenario the bits/innovations that may be not revealed I guess may have little to nil impact on the ability to successfully fully test the Complete (with all the fantastic mechs) RAZA playfield prototype.
I dont think the insides of these games will be seen. Probably just in a standard generic cab, for testing the RAZA game on it's own.
Just my guess, based on the trickled statments.

I love watching you guys parse this stuff out like it’s the Rosetta Stone. Reminds me of the days when our greatest minds were tearing apart every letter of the latest “stern of the Union” to decipher if a ghostbusters code update was coming this week.

#5366 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love watching you guys parse this stuff out like it’s the Rosetta Stone. Reminds me of the days when our greatest minds were tearing apart every letter of the latest “stern of the Union” to decipher if a ghostbusters code update was coming this week.

Don't really care Lol ... just an observation/interpretation of the info. Without the staple negative bias.

#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tbh I haven't checked the SOTU thread since GB code was released.

#5368 4 years ago

What could possibly not go as planned?!!

#5369 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL you mean last month?!

#5371 4 years ago

I hope we finally get to see that new and improved, totally revolutionary, redesigned hinge.

#5372 4 years ago

FIRST LOOK: deeproot Pinball’s Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland, plus Interviews with John Popadiuk, Steven Bowden, and Robert Mueller

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland-plus-interviews-with-john-popadiuk-steven-bowden-and-robert-mueller/

deeproot_Pinball_Raza_Top_Half_PF_11.2019 (resized).pngdeeproot_Pinball_Raza_Top_Half_PF_11.2019 (resized).png
#5373 4 years ago

Game looks great. I like the jump ramp!

#5374 4 years ago

Negative:
- Cab & BG Artwork seems not final (hopefully)
- Apron looks kinda naked also

Positive:
- All the rest

Srysly that looks stunning.

Interrested in seeing that DMD and Lightsystem in action!

Edit:
And to put it in the words of a certain podcaster: It's great that the first pictures we get are some high-res images and not some blurry leaked photos or private snapshots from the convention this weekend.

#5375 4 years ago

I'm loving the playfield design and playfield art. Can't wait to play it.

#5376 4 years ago

The playfield artwork looks much better than the typical Stern machine.They actually injected some style in the fonts for the inserts.

#5377 4 years ago

8478A417-DFD1-4769-91E8-2506D3DC5ED0 (resized).png8478A417-DFD1-4769-91E8-2506D3DC5ED0 (resized).png03612985-A43C-4AB5-98F6-52F74F885FE1 (resized).png03612985-A43C-4AB5-98F6-52F74F885FE1 (resized).pngF23ADD01-CB17-406C-AF36-DE39B767874F (resized).pngF23ADD01-CB17-406C-AF36-DE39B767874F (resized).pngA623BE7E-E00F-4E74-B252-A18FFBCA7178 (resized).pngA623BE7E-E00F-4E74-B252-A18FFBCA7178 (resized).png2D473B53-4450-47EE-9FFE-B5453E1C0E63 (resized).png2D473B53-4450-47EE-9FFE-B5453E1C0E63 (resized).png212E69E2-7453-43DC-AA50-A8C04A0D2260 (resized).png212E69E2-7453-43DC-AA50-A8C04A0D2260 (resized).png

#5378 4 years ago

Looks very reminiscent of C.Voltaire. Art is CV with zombies / aliens. Layout is ostensibly simple with a few interesting toys. Typical JPop.

Don't like the decision to go with a super wide, vertically narrow display. Especially when they're spending millions with their animation studio. It seriously limits the amount of information available to the player, and what they can do with animation. A waste, IMO.

Looks solid, but nothing really breathtaking, either in terms of art (some recent Sterns and ACNC do it better), or the stuff you play (JJPs are way more interesting still). Indeed, this looks much closer to typical Sterns in features and value for money of what you play than one of JJP's widebodies or DI.

I'm sure all of us would feel much more positive about it if there hadn't been so much hyperbole and shit-talking everyone else whilst insisting your products are going to be in a different galaxy in every respect.

On the positive side, it does look like it has the potential to be a decent machine, and they appear to have done away with JPop's stupid high sided cabinets.

#5379 4 years ago

Looks awesome. Can't wait to play, and see that Fiat pricing! And with the all the staff they have and the 750k/mo expenditures maybe we will see code updates in Months not years!

#5380 4 years ago

I'm proud to say that I've been on the deeproot bandwagon since day 1. Looks like I'll be making my first nib purchase. Somebody buy my Seawitch I have listed, lol

#5381 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It seriously limits the amount of information available to the player, and what they can do with animation.

How so? - The aspect ratio changed, not the screen space.

It might even help a lot if you define areas on the side for Player 1 & 2 info data,
since a lot of newbish players really have problems to figure out when it's their turn or what their score is with the small scoring counters on most Stern LCDs.
Old games (and TNA) with 4 seperate score displays are much more clearly arranged.

#5382 4 years ago

Really curious about how the pricing will humble the competition. If they are able to sell these things for sub-$4k, we are in for a wild ride.

#5383 4 years ago

Looking good. Thanks for posting.

#5384 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Really curious about how the pricing will humble the competition. If they are able to sell these things for sub-$4k, we are in for a wild ride.

Why not for free?

#5385 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think even if it is in the 4k-5k range it would be interesting. Looks more packed than a Stern Pro...and at that pricing would still be less.

#5386 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

How so? - The aspect ratio changed, not the screen space.

The vertical measurement is much smaller than everbody except CGC (with remakes they have a reason to preserve continuity - this is just nostalgia). Any information is going to be extremely peripheral - right at either end, and for the most part the centre of the display will be a dead zone re: info - where player's eyes are. When have ultra wide aspect monitors with nominally much smaller vertical measurements been a thing in computer monitors or TVs? Never. They're totally impractical.

#5387 4 years ago

March 25, 2020 at 8:55am = the official launch of deeproot Pinball

#5388 4 years ago

Just wondering what happened to the cool back glass art? Now it's just a logo?

#5389 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The vertical measurement is much smaller than everbody except CGC (with remakes they have a reason to preserve continuity - this is just nostalgia). Any information is going to be extremely peripheral - right at either end, and for the most part the centre of the display will be a dead zone re: info - where player's eyes are. When have ultra wide aspect monitors with nominally much smaller vertical measurements been a thing in computer monitors or TVs? Never. They're totally impractical.

Well, we'll see.

As said, screen space is the same so for me it's awesome that you've allready set up your mind that this is destined to be shit, without ever having seen anything.

The mentioned problems of a "dead zone" are correct, of course, but occur with mot modern games also... just look ad Batman, Munsters and Elvira.
You have a Fake Television in the center, and stuff for Modes left and right... and additionally stuff on the bottom.

I'm not saying this will be great, I'm just intrigued and you should be "open" too, at least until you see it in action.

#5390 4 years ago

Playfield cool. Cabinet ...i want to puke.....

#5391 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Just wondering what happened to the cool back glass art? Now it's just a logo?

Per the article/interview the art is not final.

#5392 4 years ago

Looks cool and I wish Deeproot luck. Even if they are not successful, additional competition in the marketplace will force all players to up there game. I know this site hates Stern QC, but I think their games in the past decade have become better playing due to increased competition from the likes of Jersey Jack.

Unfortunately, I also think that the additional competition will likely result in some casualties in the manufacturing market. I don't see a market big enough to support all of this competition simultaneously.

Good luck Deeproot! And if the developers/company people are reading this thread, I really dig the non-horror zombies.

#5393 4 years ago

This thread

IMG_20191115_005015 (resized).jpgIMG_20191115_005015 (resized).jpg
#5394 4 years ago

Always liked how JPop games shot, and the art direction he goes with.. now hopefully everything else will come together.

#5395 4 years ago

Looks good but I don't think Stern or JJP are shaking their boots - yet .

#5396 4 years ago

Great layout.
Like the superwide hires display and graphics.
Can have more colors on the playfield and/or less green.
Looks like a solid "90's" game.
cant wait to play.

#5397 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks good but I don't think Stern or JJP are shaking their boots - yet .

They will if deeproot Pinball can shock and awe with pricing.

#5398 4 years ago

at last. Let's see the pin in action now. I have to say that the art is stunning for the playfield but a bit off for the cabinet and BB, hopefully it will change.

here are the difference with the first proto, seems like the main design remain after all.

RAZA (resized).pngRAZA (resized).png
#5399 4 years ago

The playfield looks cool! Cabinet and translite art has to be a placeholder I would think? If pricing is the same or less than a Stern Pro they have my attention. Hopefully the rules will be better than JPop's other games.

#5400 4 years ago

What is the boardset they are using?
Also, what are the source parts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/108?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.