• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 669.
#5301 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The first game is going to be called “Tax Shelter”

Games 2 and 3 will be chapter 7 and 11!

BTW Im not a bankruptcy lawyer, so I shall not cease, nor desist.

#5302 4 years ago
4B2A4A78-0960-48A0-A2AC-76F7439E1568 (resized).jpeg4B2A4A78-0960-48A0-A2AC-76F7439E1568 (resized).jpeg
#5303 4 years ago

I hope not ist a zizzle game for 3.5k
Or a standard machine voor 8k.
They sell games from 3.5k to 15k.
Can't wait to see how the pricing is.

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I hope not ist a zizzle game for 3.5k
Or a standard machine voor 8k.
They sell games from 3.5k to 15k.
Can't wait to see how the pricing is.

Given the talent they have amassed, there’s no way this is Zizzle 2.0. I’m patiently, and eagerly, awaiting to see what they have - even if this is just a prototype.

What I *really* want to see is the “innovations” we keep hearing about. 99.9999% sure we won’t see that at Houston, but hope it’s not far behind.

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Given the talent they have amassed, there’s no way this is Zizzle 2.0. I’m patiently, and eagerly, awaiting to see what they have - even if this is just a prototype.
What I *really* want to see is the “innovations” we keep hearing about. 99.9999% sure we won’t see that at Houston, but hope it’s not far behind.

CF0EDC6E-2D5C-41BA-AFAD-274D252536DF (resized).jpegCF0EDC6E-2D5C-41BA-AFAD-274D252536DF (resized).jpeg
#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

It’s far beyond. They are so innovative that they’ve out innovated themselves.

#5307 4 years ago

Maybe they will put jpop in a box and call it the d!¢k in a box pinball.....

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I'd would love to see a hint of the next available games too.
The Deeproot agreement sends me two games for my loss with Zidware. Only potential positives there.

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yeah, let me write an abstract about that [Podcast with Steve Bowden].
- It‘s only a Prototype (2)
- It will have art on it (!!!)
- Animations will blow you away...
- ...but it‘s only a prototype! (Laughing)

And to abstract the interview with Robert Müller from Looser Kid Podcast:

- It's a prototype, with the best innovations (mechs) missing... BUT IT'LL ALLREADY BE WAY BETTER THEN THE COMPETITION!!!

Ah, I missed that!

Looking forward to the weekend.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And to abstract the interview with Robert Müller from Looser Kid Podcast:
- It's a prototype, with the best innovations (mechs) missing... BUT IT'LL ALLREADY BE WAY BETTER THEN THE COMPETITION!!!
Ah, I missed that!
Looking forward to the weekend.

When did he say that? Here is what he said: « I hope you see something that is pretty much on the level where every other game is »

What is the point with bashing couple days before the reveal? After all this time with nothing to say, let’s wait this week end.
I really don’t get some post sometimes...

#5311 4 years ago

Will see what next Monday brings.
News, info, pics. Then we can bitch about that.
Im waiting for Alice. No intrest in zombies.
Theme sounds outdated at this point.

#5312 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

When did he say that? Here is what he said: « I hope you see something that is pretty much on the level where every other game is »
What is the point with bashing couple days before the reveal?

I'm not bashing (never was in this whole thread) and you're holding back the two following sentences he said as well as the whole context (wich is what you use to do an "abstract", you do a "citation" and a shortened one ion favor of your point).

So for the part you kept under wraps:
"We could (if we wanted) sell the prototypes as-is and compete 1 with the best of the competition. However, what those games will not have, is/are most of the innovations that we will not show yet."

So for what I wrote:
"It's a prototype, with the best innovations (mechs) missing... BUT IT'LL ALLREADY BE WAY BETTER THEN THE COMPETITION!!!"

Yeah "compete 1" is not "way better" but for that you have to include what he'd told about other production values.

Basically: I'm right.

And again: I'm not bashing. The opposite. I'm looking forward to the reveal. It'd be not the wisest thing to allready (again) begin to kinda brag and heighten expectations if they'd not really have to show something. They have enough talent to deliver and I'm the only one in this thread that still admits he'd want a new Popadiouk machine.

#5313 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It’s far beyond. They are so innovative that they’ve out innovated themselves.

So innovative, that they are suing themselves for patent infringement!! They cant keep up...

#5314 4 years ago

Why bother showing a watered down, mech missing prototype?

#5315 4 years ago

VR has gotten so big I think that is what they are doing. It will take you 20 minutes to suit up with all the gear to play the machine and it will be so awesome.

But really, who knows, that could be happening with what I have read here with them hiring lots of talent and saying they are turning pinball into the next level.

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Because JPop's fairy dust mechs don't work.

#5317 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Good grief. More strategy from the jpop playbook. No one else does this.

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

VR has gotten so big I think that is what they are doing. It will take you 20 minutes to suit up with all the gear to play the machine and it will be so awesome.
But really, who knows, that could be happening with what I have read here with them hiring lots of talent and saying they are turning pinball into the next level.

I could see some type of augmented reality over VR. I'm not sure how much I would want that in my pinball machine, but I would certainly play it to find out.

#5319 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Because JPop's fairy dust mechs don't work.

Maybe they only work for people over the age of 70, similar to the life insurance policies that Deeproot capital buys to fund their pinball operations.

#5320 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I could see some type of augmented reality over VR. I'm not sure how much I would want that in my pinball machine, but I would certainly play it to find out.

AR pinball came out in 1999.
#revenge-from-mars
#star-wars-episode-i

#5321 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I feel they have to show “something” but yeah it’s a head scratcher as to why they don’t have one complete game yet

#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I feel they have to show “something” but yeah it’s a head scratcher as to why they don’t have one complete game yet

Especially since AP had TWO games almost complete by this same time frame

#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Especially since AP had TWO games almost complete by this same time frame

And the 10 Magic Girl games they initially built.

LTG : )

#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

Revenge From Mars
Star Wars Episode I

Sure, but I'm thinking more on the scale of Pinball FX, put on glasses and things outside of the pinball machine come alive as well.

#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When jjp revealed Potc the hype meter went through the roof , when it finally shipped around a year later all the hype had evaporated . Looks like DR might be making the same mistake .

#5326 4 years ago

They have promised so much, but delivered nothing.

At the very least they need to show something that creates genuine excitement going forward.

#5327 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When jjp revealed Potc the hype meter went through the roof , when it finally shipped around a year later all the hype had evaporated . Looks like DR might be making the same mistake .

And that was AFTER JJP had delivered three machines and had developed a good track record. Deeproot has shipped nothing at all.

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And that was AFTER JJP had delivered three machines and had developed a good track record. Deeproot has shipped nothing at all.

If they come up with something as good as those three I'd be happy

#5329 4 years ago

When you see this partially complete game next week, remember...this is what years of work and $750k a month in costs have produced.

#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

Revenge From Mars
Star Wars Episode I

Sorry,

I do not consider a CRT wedged into the back of a pinball cabinet AR

AR is a lot Deeper than 99 Tech

#5331 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry,

Depends on what you're smoking

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

When you see this partially complete game next week, remember...this is what years of work and $750k a month in costs have produced.

What does it matter to the consumer?

#5333 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry,

You have every right to be wrong.

Edit:
It's of course not the TV Set (the way it is made) but the reflection.
And if it is a reflection on the glas or the glasses are on your nose are no different in terms of definition of "augmented reality".

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What does it matter to the consumer?

Confidence in the long term prospects for the company. Whether they'll be around to support their product. Replacement part availability for all their unique pieces. "10 year warranty" that means more than the paper it's printed on.

#5335 4 years ago

You can put that argument either way.

They took/ take their time. That can be very positive if that means they want to do it right.

We see what is happening when you don't take the time to let glue, clearcoat etc. dry or hastily reveal a prototype that has way more mechs in it then the production machine.

Basically: Wait and see.

#5336 4 years ago

They've promised so much, bashed on everyone else for doing it wrong, and claimed they could deliver a Ferrari in a fraction of the time for the price of a Yugo. I expect them to deliver nothing less or they might as well stay home...

My 2 cents...
Jaz

#5337 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

They've promised so much, bashed on everyone else for doing it wrong, and claimed they could deliver a Ferrari in a fraction of the time for the price of a Yugo.

Actually it was "Ferrari - Fiat", wich is funny because Ferrari is pretty much owned by Fiat, so that original claim basically means nothing.

#5338 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

They've promised so much, bashed on everyone else for doing it wrong, and claimed they could deliver a Ferrari in a fraction of the time for the price of a Yugo. I expect them to deliver nothing less or they might as well stay home...
My 2 cents...
Jaz

Don't forget every playfield will be hit with a hammer, and if it dents it's no good.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5339 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't forget every playfield will be hit with a hammer, and if it dents it's no good.
[quoted image]

What kind of hammer?

Obviously not the kind most pinsiders are thinking of !!!

1EDB4A40-5ACB-43A5-A846-93B1CA11EC50 (resized).jpeg1EDB4A40-5ACB-43A5-A846-93B1CA11EC50 (resized).jpeg2C5CC53F-0067-4765-99D7-3CE9103982E1 (resized).jpeg2C5CC53F-0067-4765-99D7-3CE9103982E1 (resized).jpeg
#5340 4 years ago

In another timeline Robert is silent through the entire process. Deeproot releases a couple of mysterious fb posts, they quietly help the Zidware victims and everyone is incredibly pumped for the release of any kind of solid information. Instead, we live in this timeline where almost the exact opposite happens.

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

3251471 (resized).jpg3251471 (resized).jpg
#5342 4 years ago

A local company building augmented reality (AR) units did an informative bit here in town showing all of the things they were researching and working on to build for there AR units.
I only got to stay for a couple min but they had a ton of awesome products they are developing, one of them was some sort of pinball AR. They had a Black Knight 2000 sitting there with all of the mechs and a set of goggles in front of it.
Like I said I didn’t get to stay long enough to see how they were implementing the AR into the pinball machine. But I did get to use some of there prototype AR goggles and they were awesome!

I’m guessing Deepeoot might be doing something similar, full mechanical machine but the player wears AR goggles to enhance the play.

I have no inside info or news, this is just a guess based on what I saw another company doing.

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Like I said I didn’t get to stay long enough to see how they were implementing the AR into the pinball machine. But I did get to use some of there prototype AR goggles and they were awesome!

Interesting. So could you actually see the pinball game through the goggles or was the ball movement digitalized and viewed virtually through the goggles ?

#5344 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry,

It was Augmented Reality though. Adding virtual elements on the playfield on top of physical pieces, and getting them to react to the actions made on the physical side is exactly what AR is.

#5345 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Interesting. So could you actually see the pinball game through the goggles or was the ball movement digitalized and viewed virtually through the goggles ?

I didn’t get to play the game.
But it was a complete Black Knight 2000 with flippers and all.
there AR goggles are just like wearing clear sunglasses, you can see right through them. You can see everything around you. Then when you turn the goggles on, and turn on whatever program you want it to run, you can still see everything around you but the goggles impose things on the lens that look like they are in reality in front of you.

One of the programs I got to mess with while wearing the goggles was a game where the goggles had fish swimming around and I could reach out and touch the fish with my hands, I could still see everyone around me and the room but the fish were there swimming around too.
The game side of AR is not what this company was mainly focused on, most of the presentation was talking about how they were developing there AR for firefighting (temperature sensors built in, air readings built in, Ext)
scuba diving (plant and fish recognition software built in).
And a ton of other work and real world applications.

#5346 4 years ago

Is 750K a month a real number?

Sounds way out of line.

#5347 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds way out of line.

Seems a little high, but they do have a staff of at least 30ish office people, an engineering lab, and renting a space of 40,000+ square feet. It's mostly a question of how much do they have invested in equipment for prototyping and mass production.

#5348 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of common sense.
Is shooting your mouth off and belittling other competitors OK? Not ever.
Is said action a company ending action? No
Does someone invest that much money with plans to have nothing to show for it? No.
Does someone assume others debt and make good on it to produce nothing? No.
Are they under any obligation to provide updates? Absolutely positively no.

So with this being said, exactly what's the problem here? Debts have been satisfied and the public is owed nothing more. My .02

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds way out of line.

Robert himself boasted about that number, early this year.

#5350 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds way out of line.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-launch-postponed

"TWIP: Is there any concern at deeproot that the launch may never happen?
RM: Zero concern. We are spending over $750k a month now on this project, and that will increase through launch. That is unsustainable without a launch in the short term."

And that was 11 months ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.