• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 669.
#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That's what I love about this Deeproot thread, since there are no pinballs there, it leaves the door open to a lot of cool topics !

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5202 4 years ago

Doesn’t mean squat. Just google red soles shoes and look how many designers have them and they don’t have legal cases against them.

It’s been going on since 2011 , it’s hilarious that a man sells shoes with a red sole for crazy amounts of money then has to use that money to try to defend to be the only one to have shoes with red soles. What a waste of time. Like this thread.

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Doesn’t mean squat. Just google red soles shoes and look how many designers have them and they don’t have legal cases against them.
It’s been going on since 2011 , it’s hilarious that a man sells shoes with a red sole for crazy amounts of money then has to use that money to try to defend to be the only one to have shoes with red soles. What a waste of time. Like this thread.

Louboutin $85MIL
Deeproot Pins $0

So sounds like Squat is at least $38Mil?

What did we learn here?

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/richest-designers/christian-louboutin-net-worth/

#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Always good to hear from the experts.

I am a fucking expert.

#5205 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Louboutin $85MIL
Deeproot Pins $0
So sounds like Squat is at least $38Mil?
What did we learn here?
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/richest-designers/christian-louboutin-net-worth/

Drained...

#5206 4 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#5207 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

A waste of time that created a shoe maker almost worty a billion dollars. Not your every day Al Bundy brand.

#5208 4 years ago

These expensive, these is red bottoms, these is bloooooody shoes

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey everyone. We would like to keep this thread on topic. We have issued several moderations and deleted a bunch of off topic posts over the last day.
If there is nothing to say about or in some way relating to Deeproot then please simply say nothing rather than post off topic photos that simply fill space. Thank you -
Moderation Staff

Is that still in play?

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that still in play?

I am with you. Every time I see 12 new posts I am like hey, must be some new news about this new pinball company, then click on it, and nothing I was expecting.

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that still in play?

No

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that still in play?

Definately not. Unless red F'n soles is somehow related to DR.

#5213 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am with you. Every time I see 12 new posts I am like hey, must be some new news about this new pinball company, then click on it, and nothing I was expecting.

You have to wait til you see 70 new posts. That usually means Deeproot posted a new drawing on twitter.
At 100 new posts it’s because Robert is about to sue someone.

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Definately not.

Then let's get back to business.

sledge_nuke.gifsledge_nuke.gif
#5215 4 years ago

How many of you have paid a deposit on a DR pin?

How many of you have gotten reimbursed on the Jpop disaster from DR?

I took the pin versus a lesser cash benefit. Others took the cash and got PAID

Anyone bitching about DR coming soon has ZERO credibility other than they are either bored to tears like Odiner with nothing else to do all day but opine on Pinside.

It's not long now. The pitchforks are just getting warmed up for the haters no matter what. F ing hilarious because all you geniuses know wtf is going on.

I'm LMAO right now while i eat a bowl of chili.

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hope you are drinking a beer with that chili.

Glad you picked getting a pin over the money. I would have done the same if I was in that boat. I almost got reeled in on AIW on the tale end of it, as I was very close to sending in a deposit.

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anyone bitching about DR coming soon has ZERO credibility other than they are either bored to tears like Odiner with nothing else to do all day but opine on Pinside.
It's not long now. The pitchforks are just getting warmed up for the haters no matter what. F ing hilarious because all you geniuses know wtf is going on.

I bitch about DR because the guy has been bragging for years anywhere between pinball is easy and wait til we come and show to every pinball maker how all they did was crap.

#5218 4 years ago

Hope you are drinking a beer with that chili.

You don’t have to hope. Iceman’s definitely drinking beers with that chili, and almost certainly harder stuff as well. His liver has filed numerous restraining orders on him.

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Literally what has happened to me 20 times on this thread....

This is why I am going to HAP. I want to see what's going on. No BS. No hype train. Simply what they have ready to show.

I hope.

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then let's get back to business.[quoted image]

It’s about time we got back on track...with Sledgehammer

#5221 4 years ago

Anyone else think their statements on Houston are some sort of deception, and the game they show in Houston will be complete and available for purchase?

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Anyone else think their statements on Houston are some sort of deception, and the game they show in Houston will be complete and available for purchase?

With a 10'x20' booth, I think not.

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

With a 10'x20' booth, I think not.

Their statement that 1) 2 early prototypes will be present, and 2) game will ship early next year are not really conversant with each other.

They've been working on RAZA for more than 2 years, JPop a total of 7 or 8. If it is an 'early' prototype, then is development likely to speed up exponentially over the course of a few short months? Seems unlikely. Of course they could just be managing expectations by saying early, and it is almost ready to go.

Their spectacular misses tend to suggest otherwise though. If it truly is 'early', I think we can take it as read that things are going very, very badly.

#5224 4 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

I'm guessing you are in the minority on this one.

#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm guessing you are in the minority on this one.

Oof. Those are some long odds... chance of new game 1:10000. Chance of lots of smoke & mirrors? 100%

#5226 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You don’t have to hope. Iceman’s definitely drinking beers with that chili, and almost certainly harder stuff as well. His liver has filed numerous restraining orders on him.

Lol. I NEVER drink the harder stuff. Maybe tequila once a year. My liver is great, along with all of my other numbers

Beer and chili are Texas staples as Pinballmaniac knows

Throw in some jalapeños, on everything, and you’ll live a long time!

Nobody disputes Robert acted like a grade A jerk early on. He’s a lawyer, I think he’s learned his lesson

#5227 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I NEVER drink the harder stuff. Maybe tequila once a year. My liver is great, along with all of my other numbers

I drink beer, the harder stuff, and roll numbers. Then I wake up to find some nine ball turned the clock back an hour. My liver doesn't seem to mind.

#5228 4 years ago

Wow I havent heard of anyone referring to that as “rolling numbers” since the Freak Brothers. Thats old school for sure lol.
Are they still selling “lids” over there?

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then let's get back to business.

perv.gifperv.gif

#5230 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Wow I havent heard of anyone referring to that as “rolling numbers” since the Freak Brothers.

"Rolling numbers, rock and roll, got my Kiss records out..."

And there you have it, Cheap Trick will be the next up to date pinball theme. lol.

#5231 4 years ago

Less than 2 weeks away.....I'm going to fill out an application while there...ijs

#5232 4 years ago

So I haven't seen this discussed ... or at least in this thread ... Why is deeproot linked on the ifpa main menu? Seems ambitious unless they gave them lots of $$$....

#5233 4 years ago

If you go to About > Sponsors on the IFPA site, you’ll note that there are exactly two “Diamond Sponsors”: Stern and Deeproot. These are the two companies that have presence on the top nav bar of the site.

#5234 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oof. Those are some long odds... chance of new game 1:10000. Chance of lots of smoke & mirrors? 100%

350 (resized).png350 (resized).png
#5235 4 years ago

With all the hype, will it include self cleaning playfield??

#5236 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

With all the hype, will it include self cleaning playfield??

Joking aside, there are such things as self-repairing "smart coatings" that can also repel dirt. It poses some questions like; How expensive would it be to coat an entire playfield in it? Would it offer protection against pitting as opposed to just scratches? etc

It's something that hasn't been done in pinball yet... but it might prove to be too expensive to implement regardless of it being a new "innovation".

#5237 4 years ago

And where will all the dirt go thats now usually on the playfield ?

#5238 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey when is that Alien Vault coming again?

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

And where will all the dirt go thats now usually on the playfield ?

These can be made smaller

#5240 4 years ago

Excited to see what is revealed and what is the timeline for the release of games. Hoping it's only a small wait as we have a lot of interested customers.

#5241 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Excited to see what is revealed and what is the timeline for the release of games. Hoping it's only a small wait as we have a lot of interested customers.

Don't hold your breath.

#5242 4 years ago

I am expecting a TPF reveal and ready to ship shortly after.

#5243 4 years ago

I am expecting a TPF reveal and ready to ship shortly after.

Yes, Deeproot even confirmed multiple game reveals at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival 2019 in March. The 5 days of Deeproot.

#5244 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes, Deeproot even confirmed multiple game reveals at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival 2019 in March. The 5 days of Deeproot.

Now we'll see part of what they are up to with the RAZA prototypes next week at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo. This is why I am confident in saying TPF2020 will be the big reveal. Sure some of the games maybe shown or announced sometime before then, but I would believe TPF will be the first time for the public to play any production games.

#5245 4 years ago

I was in area visiting a client and drove by DR offices today

Def not in manufacturing ramp mode

#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was in area visiting a client and drove by DR offices today
Def not in manufacturing ramp mode

What else can you tell us?

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What else can you tell us?

There is a building and a parking lot.

#5248 4 years ago

There is a building and a parking lot.

How many cars are in the parking lot ?

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

How many cars are in the parking lot ?

I only seen a picture of the building and parking lot, nothing more. I hope to visit that facility in the future.

#5250 4 years ago

if you visit find out if the rumors are true that they have clark bars in their candy machine.thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/105?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.