• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 669.
#5101 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Apparently not all of them hated what they saw. Softbank just threw WeWork a 5 billion dollar lifeline for a massive 80% company stake tonight.
Neumann gets $1.7 billion for his (almost?) con and agrees to step down and give up his voting rights. Not bad.

Maybe he is an investor in deeproot

#5102 4 years ago

Is there some reason we're comparing WeWork and deeproot? They don't seem to have much in common. For starters, WeWork actually has a product that you can buy and use right now in dozens of cities around the world. And their finances are at least somewhat public now, while none of us know anything about deeproot's finances other than that they're presumably still spending money, and they haven't got anything on the market that could generate revenue.

#5103 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

We can express our opinions after we see what Deeproot reveals, but all this negativity towards a company promising to deliver a world under glass is disheartening.

Yikes. You're on a discussion forum telling people not to discuss their opinions about deeproot in the deeproot thread? You're disheartened by negativity towards a company that repeatedly belittles other companies in its space, promises the moon, preaches about how easy pinball is, hires a designer who took full pre-order payments from hundreds of excited customers and never delivered anything to most of them while paying himself a nice salary, and has repeatedly missed the milestones that it created for itself?

I find it disheartening the some people overlook arguably unethical and downright rude behavior towards others because of lofty claims that so far have been completely unjustified and in many cases proven to be bogus.

If you don't work for deeproot or have family that does, I'd be surprised.

#5104 4 years ago

I want Deeproot to succeed and for Popadiuk to redeem himself as one of the most prolific designers in the pinball industry! For those that express disappointment for Popadiuk let’s give him another chance to wow us as kids all over again with his designs and allow Deeproot to make this happen

I was going to respond to your points until I got to this point... you're under the spell. No point.

#5105 4 years ago

Deeproot has a collaborative mindset dream team of experienced designers/engineers

That's when I stopped reading...

#5106 4 years ago

Let’s see what Deeproot showcases at Houston Pinball and Arcade Expo and go from there. We are all making speculation until they deliver something for us to see and play. Keep in mind many pinheads were fascinated by the white wood of TNA at TPF and there obviously was no artwork, but people really liked the design and how it played. It ended up being a huge hit for Danesi and Spooky. And it didn’t have any special mechs. It is all about how fun the game plays. If we get that from Deeproot it will not matter how it looks, but how it plays.
If Robert wants us to focus on the mechs as well as test them I think that is the right approach. He wants input from us Pinsiders. If the mechs have contraptions that do things to the ball that are revolutionary and are reliable, it will be something we all want in pinball like we experienced in the 90’s era of Williams and Bally as kids/young adults. If not, then people have valid arguments for all the statements Robert promises to deliver. I think it is a smart move to not show the finished product as of yet. They want to field test it and see people’s reactions and listen to their feedback. Then they make the improvements and modifications to manufacture the game and it will be shipped in a timely manner. Better than having a game displayed in production stage and then have complications causing delay in shipment like we experienced from other companies. If we are intrigued and mesmerized by the design and shot layout by itself, it will be safe to say the game will speak volumes when it is at its finished state.
We can express our opinions after we see what Deeproot reveals, but all this negativity towards a company promising to deliver a world under glass is disheartening. Don’t we want any pinball company to succeed so we can play more variety of games? It seems like the majority of this thread wants to see Deeproot fail! Don’t we want to see competition in the pinball market so we have better pricing, better features, and better themes that we expect from pinball companies? We spend our hard earned money on EXPENSIVE toys. We deserve to have games that wow us. Lately, we have experienced the same cookie cutter designs that are getting old and not showing any innovation. But even with the cookie cutter approach the games can still be fun to play, if the rules are set up in a way that makes us as pinball players want to have that one more game feeling to beat the game.
Now imagine if the rules are deep, but simple to understand, mechs are new designs we have never seen, artwork blows our mind, coding/animation is top notch comparable to the video game industry, and pricing is at lower costs with high quality we have a winner on our hands. That is what Robert is conveying. Let’s hope Deeproot delivers our expectations.
Here are the 5 Positive Things About Deeproot we can reflect on:
1. Robert reimbursed money lost from Popadiuk‘s business failure to people who got burned not receiving their machines.
2. Deeproot has a collaborative mindset dream team of experienced designers/engineers that made awesome games in the past that we loved as kids and enthralled us into that magical experience what got us into pinball in the first place.
3. Deeproot has Steven Bowden employed with rules and code development in a collaborative team of experts in the industry.
4. Deeproot has a huge manufacturing facility ready to produce games.
5. Deeproot has its own animation department to develop original stories and themes to go along with the games.
Let’s wait and see and reserve judgement. Then when everything is ready to go let the Pinside Forum about Deeproot become more relevant and meaningful in our conversations.
I want Deeproot to succeed and for Popadiuk to redeem himself as one of the most prolific designers in the pinball industry! For those that express disappointment for Popadiuk let’s give him another chance to wow us as kids all over again with his designs and allow Deeproot to make this happen. For the remaining designers and engineers I can’t wait to see what they imagine and make into reality. What a great time for pinball to succeed and flourish in our lifetime. Let’s focus on that!

17E8FDAF-F55B-492E-9EFD-6BA241E8B0AF (resized).jpeg17E8FDAF-F55B-492E-9EFD-6BA241E8B0AF (resized).jpeg
#5107 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

On a new podcast, Christopher Franchi talked about how Deeproot wanted to work with him. Franchi then didn't hear from them and eventually went back to Stern.
According to Franchi, this pissed off Mueller who told Chris that he'll never work for Deeproot.

In my business, if a place ghosts you, then it’s kinda on them that you don’t work for them. It must be a nightmare working for a bunch of babies who get all mad like that

#5109 4 years ago

My prediction is he shows up with a box of blinking Christmas lights.

#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

My prediction is he shows up with a box of blinking Christmas lights.

If I was DR that's what I would do, bring a pinball cab ,throw a bunch of Christamas lights in it and watch Pinside have a melt down

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

If I was DR that's what I would do, bring a pinball cab ,throw a bunch of Christamas lights in it and watch Pinside have a melt down

That would be hilarious!

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Your an optimist!

Yea, figured i would see glass half full!!

#5113 4 years ago

It's a virtual pinball machine

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It's a virtual pinball machine

It's also powered by vaporware.

#5115 4 years ago

4. Deeproot has a huge manufacturing facility ready to produce games.

Waitwhat?!

If I remember correctly the last time Jeff from TWIP went there, there was nothing there resembling a manufacturing facilitys interior.

And in that latest statements that this is one of the setbacks (getting the assembly ready/ hire workers).

Don't quote me on that, since this is just what I have in the back of my head but I never, ever heard or read that the manufacturing facility is "ready".

#5116 4 years ago

20 days till RAZA!

http://deeprootpinball.com/

657CE313-8BBF-404B-B1BC-385EB76F3E3A (resized).jpeg657CE313-8BBF-404B-B1BC-385EB76F3E3A (resized).jpeg
#5117 4 years ago

I'd love to hear what's up at the company. Even more I'd like to /see/ what's up.

The last public statement from the company shut down all the negative comments, at least in this thread, for over a month.

#5118 4 years ago

So they want unlicensed lawyers to provide feedback about a prototype? Sounds risky.

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I'd love to hear what's up at the company. Even more I'd like to /see/ what's up.
The last public statement from the company shut down all the negative comments, at least in this thread, for over a month.

Also may have been the lack of any news or progress in any way..

#5120 4 years ago

I'm super excited to learn about the "Deeproot package of innovations" that they seem to be licensing out. I've searched extensively and they have only received one patent so far ( https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/28/c2/14/0a5dd78e980396/WO2018183948A1.pdf ), which is the removable playfield mechanism. They don't have any pending, provisional, or even filed patents for review for anything else. So this "revolution" will essentially be a pinball machine that looks and plays exactly the same, but the playfield comes out of the cabinet into a vertical position. I'm sure Stern is shaking in their boots. The cost of building this cabinet has to be at least 2 - 3X what a normal cabinet with simple playfield hinge must cost.
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.09.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.09.02 PM (resized).png

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm super excited to learn about the "Deeproot package of innovations" that they seem to be licensing out. I've searched extensively and they have only received one patent so far ( https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/28/c2/14/0a5dd78e980396/WO2018183948A1.pdf ), which is the removable playfield mechanism. They don't have any pending, provisional, or even filed patents for review for anything else. So this "revolution" will essentially be a pinball machine that looks and plays exactly the same, but the playfield comes out of the cabinet into a vertical position. I'm sure Stern is shaking in their boots. The cost of building this cabinet has to be at least 2 - 3X what a normal cabinet with simple playfield hinge must cost.
[quoted image]

Wich is why they don't use that design, as allready has been stated, when that patent was found for the first time.

#5122 4 years ago

Anyone else question the physics of this shot? The center of gravity must be way out towards the elevated playfield.

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.16.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-26 at 4.16.00 PM (resized).png
#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wich is why they don't use that design, as allready has been stated, when that patent was found for the first time.

Have they confirmed that?

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Have they confirmed that?

Robert is a lawyer. There is allways some vagueness or a loophole, but yes they pretty much did.

#5125 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anyone else question the physics of this shot?

Not until the thing breaks off and lands on someones foot.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not until the thing breaks off and lands on someones foot.

Maybe they have pioneered the use of balsa wood and other nanotechnologies to create a populated playfield that weights under 10lbs?

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anyone else question the physics of this shot? The center of gravity must be way out towards the elevated playfield.[quoted image]

Everyone on pages 52-56.

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Maybe they have pioneered the use of balsa wood and other nanotechnologies to create a populated playfield that weights under 10lbs?

Looks like they are pioneering the use of shit that was never needed.

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Solving problems that don’t exist was probably their pitch for raising 15M from investors.

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Solving problems that don’t exist was probably their pitch for raising 15M from investors.

Solving problems that don’t exist on a niche market would be one step closer to the truth

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Everyone on pages 52-56.

It costs thousands of dollars and months if not years of time to file and approve a patent. With 5+ inventors listed, no one thought at any point that this didn’t have a chance to actually work and still went through the trouble of filing it?

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like a rotisserie in the game itself...

...as an optional extra.

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

It costs thousands of dollars and months if not years of time to file and approve a patent. With 5+ inventors listed, no one thought at any point that this didn’t have a chance to actually work and still went through the trouble of filing it?

The Forum thinking this will not work is an indication for... nothing.

Since the prototypes exist I'd guess it works.

But what I'm trying to tell you is, really go back to about page 52, read all that stuff and don't start it all over again.

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'd like a rotisserie in the game itself...
...as an optional extra.

It will certainly make replacing that indestructible playfield with the 10 year warranty a lot easier.

#5135 4 years ago

All the new posts... I was fooled again into thinking something had happened...

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

[quoted image]

Good thing they got the patent. I'm sure all the other manufacturers would be stealing and using that design if they didn't.

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was fooled again into thinking something had happened.

I know you have a lot of classic rock records. Go listen to The Who so you won't get fooled again.

#5138 4 years ago

Y'all are talking shit but that would be handy AF for maintenance. Especially in a big row of pins on location or something. Worth what it costs? Probably not but imagine how much easier it would be to work on flipper mechs.

#5139 4 years ago

deeproot investor talking to his tax advisor-

"So how much of this can I write off anyway?"

#5140 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Anyone else question the physics of this shot? The center of gravity must be way out towards the elevated playfield.[quoted image]

The Capcom playfields are also capable
Of this already. Not sure who owns the patent on that, but just because the drawing looks like it’s hovering in the air doesn’t mean there’s not some perspiring owner holding it up in real life!

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nailed it. Nailed it. Nailed it. 100%

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Put the pipe down Odin.

#5143 4 years ago

Patent for a canted, extending arm. Pretty sure there might be some prior art on that one

Patent doesn't suggest a novel design, and it's difficult to imagine a court could rule that the application is novel.

Looks like patent trolling, or a worthless document to show restive financial backers that, "Look, really, we're innovating!"

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looks like patent trolling, or a worthless document to show restive financial backers that, "Look, really, we're innovating!"

jpop used to talk endlessly about his patents as evidence of his "working".

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

jpop used to talk endlessly about his patents as evidence of his "working".

#5146 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Patent for a canted, extending arm. Pretty sure there might be some prior art on that one

Arm yes... arm in pinball cabinet to improve access to pf? Thats where you get separation.

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Arm yes... arm in pinball cabinet to improve access to pf? Thats where you get separation.

There's absolutely nothing novel about the application.

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There's absolutely nothing novel about the application.

So show us where it's been done before?

And the patent office disagrees with you.

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So show us where it's been done before?
And the patent office disagrees with you.

It's a canted extending arm attached to a box at each end. The contents of either box has no bearing on the arm, nor the arm on them. There is absolutely NOTHING novel about it.

Secondly, it hasn't been tested in court. You can get granted a patent for virtually anything in the US if you're prepared to file ... see JPop's list of crap. Doesn't mean you'll be able to defend any of them.

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You can get granted a patent for virtually anything in the US if you're prepared to file ... see JPop's list of crap. Doesn't mean you'll be able to defend any of them.

They won't need to defend it. IF an entity tried to use their patented tech, that entity would have to 'defend' their usage of it.
Further reading: https://www.eff.org/issues/patents

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/103?hl=stantman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.