• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 669.
#5051 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

if we're choosing between several great games, as we all are

empty-food-tray (resized).pngempty-food-tray (resized).png

Edit- I'm proud to say this is my first moderation since I've been back, and I do sincerely apologize. Sometimes I just can't control myself.

#5052 4 years ago

Dunno. That hype about the animation and animation+live action video seems like it's A> overkill for a pinball machine where video isn't the point and B> sounding like they're making the 2019 versions of Sewer Shark, It Came from the Desert, Night Trap and lots of crappy "games" from the beginning of the CD era.

I'd love to be blown away, but right now it looks like he's digging on all fronts to make the biggest hole to get out of ever created for a product launch.

#5053 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm...no, just no. They do make games. "Boutique"? Not a chance. Good grief...

Good grief: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/boutique.html

#5054 4 years ago

I wouldn’t call boutique a company that employs 100 people, ship its products on every continent and has now shipped more than 10.000 units

#5055 4 years ago

I hope they do innovate the hell out of the industry; it's in dire need of it. Of course, the games have to be fun, but I can't wait for a new pf material and other improvements, along with hopefully more competative pricing. I just wish they never posted the previous bullshit on here. I'm still not over it.

#5056 4 years ago

I couldnt care less if DR copied some of the current tech such as a hard top and/or modular components. No more playfield swaps or having to work on something with the hood up, remove, rebuild (or swap the components/s, reinsert. And use metal ramps no plastic. The damn thing would last forever and be virtually trouble free (so to speak) Standardize the PC components. I know some people hate the idea (which fine dont be an a-hole) but enabling a quick switch of artwork, playfield and hard drive. No more lugging a game back to the shop or from location to location as more titles appear. For crying out loud golden tee and big buck Hunter are prime examples of how well it works. I just hope JPOP is only designing.... as for me, I think his titles thus far are gorgeous to look at but mediocre in the fun department. Skill shots based off a wire ramp in the shooter lane just sucks and his code has been just as weak.

1 week later
#5057 4 years ago

Seven days and still NOTHING? Something must be happening. I can't take many more months of nothing, so if you hear something please post it. (or not=nothing).

#5058 4 years ago

zzzzz......zzzz.....zzzzz....zzzz.
quied, let me sleep till there is real news.

#5059 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Seven days and still NOTHING? Something must be happening. I can't take many more months of nothing, so if you hear something please post it. (or not=nothing).

Has anyone requested to have a tour of the facility?
Surely there is a customer within reasonable distance.

#5060 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

This is WHATS happening

B7FE6E20-91F8-4FDF-92D4-7683F00F093C (resized).jpegB7FE6E20-91F8-4FDF-92D4-7683F00F093C (resized).jpeg
#5061 4 years ago

Said it before...nothing to see here until November.

#5062 4 years ago

someone should begin posting a countdown clock with how many days remain until the start of houston arcade expo on nov 15, 2019, where a skeleton staff will debut deeproots raza prototype.

"only 38 more days until houston arcade expo."

then again, you could just go arcadecenter.com, where you will find a countdown clock already at the top of their website.

#5063 4 years ago

This seems like such a recipe for disaster. A debut that "isn't" a debut with tons of cell phone videos and crappy players bricking the ball and exposing all the broken elements of the game. And the game will now have been revealed, you only get to do that once. By the time it gets shown again it's old news.

This is what low profile location tests are for.

#5064 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This seems like such a recipe for disaster. A debut that "isn't" a debut with tons of cell phone videos and crappy players bricking the ball and exposing all the broken elements of the game. And the game will now have been revealed, you only get to do that once. By the time it gets shown again it's old news.
This is what low profile location tests are for.

Oh I wouldn't worry about that.

Pinsiders are known for keeping their expectations in check and being completely resistant to overwrought disappointment.

#5065 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Said it before...nothing to see here until November.

#5066 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh I wouldn't worry about that.
Pinsiders are known for keeping their expectations in check and being completely resistant to overwrought disappointment.

I'm probably the most sarcastic person I know, coming from a long line of sarcastic folk. But Damn!, that's some real sarcasm there.

#5067 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm probably the most sarcastic person I know, coming from a long line of sarcastic folk. But Damn!, that's some real sarcasm there.

... and about this he is NOT being sarcastic!

1 week later
#5069 4 years ago

So nothing out of the Deeproot team at expo?

C67E4600-73D1-428F-83B8-7491C791A5C8 (resized).pngC67E4600-73D1-428F-83B8-7491C791A5C8 (resized).png
#5070 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So nothing out of the Deeproot team at expo?[quoted image]

Your hearing doesn't deceive you.

crickets.gifcrickets.gif
#5071 4 years ago

So nothing out of the Deeproot team at expo?

Because Houston is the promise?

#5072 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The CURRENT promise. As with all others made before, subject to change...

#5073 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5074 4 years ago

fullsizeoutput_d82 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d82 (resized).jpeg

#5075 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

bananas in the tailpipe (resized).jpgbananas in the tailpipe (resized).jpg
#5076 4 years ago

Have faith everyone, they still have 2 more months to deliver more games in 2019 than any manufacturer in the history of pinball!

I'm thinking the 5 days of Deeproot will wind up being more like the 5 years of Deeproot.

#5077 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm thinking the 5 days of Deeproot will wind up being more like the 5 years of Deeproot.

That's a safe statement. Question is, WHICH 5 years, and will they be consecutive?

#5078 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Have faith everyone, they still have 2 more months to deliver more games in 2019 than any manufacturer in the history of pinball!

5 decades?

#5079 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah I don’t see how they could burn as much cash as they are for five years.

#5080 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Yeah I don’t see how they could burn as much cash as they are for five years.

Because the plan is just to burn all the cash and then walk away. Have you heard of WeWork / WeCompany?

#5081 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Because the plan is just to burn all the cash and then walk away. Have you heard of WeWork / WeCompany?

never heard of it until now, but I also live under a rock. Did some wiki reading. but that doesnt give the juicy details...
can you elaborate on this wework nonsense??

#5083 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I thought I heard they were bringing some cabinets and maybe a white wood game to expo, I must have heard wrong.

#5084 4 years ago

I thought I heard they were bringing some cabinets and maybe a white wood game to expo, I must have heard wrong.

2 RAZA prototypes are coming to the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo.

#5085 4 years ago

2 RAZA prototypes are coming to the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo.

I hope what they bring is ready to impress. Otherwise the negativity is going to be tough to bear.

#5086 4 years ago

On a new podcast, Christopher Franchi talked about how Deeproot wanted to work with him. Franchi then didn't hear from them and eventually went back to Stern.

According to Franchi, this pissed off Mueller who told Chris that he'll never work for Deeproot.

#5087 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

On a new podcast, Christopher Franchi talked about how Deeproot wanted to work with him. Franchi then didn't hear from them and eventually went back to Stern.
According to Franchi, this pissed off Mueller who told Chris that he'll never work for Deeproot.

Well considering all of Franchi’s “artwork” looks like a kid from Kinkos put it together with Windows Paint and printed it on dimple paper, no loss to Deeproot. If Meuller is mad it’s because Franchi keeps trying to slide into his DM for a job

#5088 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I hope what they bring is ready to impress. Otherwise the negativity is going to be tough to bear.

Robert already stated these are prototypes with no artwork. This is not a full production product launch. Don't be expecting to be more than that.

#5089 4 years ago

I think Robert said something like they were going to be at the Houston Expo so they could be real world tested. Seems like an odd way to reveal their first big product. I think they're banking that people are going to lose their minds over all the new tech/ideas. Unfortunately, they raised the bar so high with their promises that anything less than a total revolution (like going from EM to SS or SS to DMD) is going to be met with unfair disappointment.

"They better knock it out of the park" is the result of Robert endlessly running his mouth about what people should expect.

#5090 4 years ago
Quoted from tech25:

never heard of it until now, but I also live under a rock. Did some wiki reading. but that doesnt give the juicy details...
can you elaborate on this wework nonsense??

The founder raised a ton of money by overselling his operation and business, and philosophizing about the greatness of his plan to an almost fraudulent level. He promised to revolutionize the real estate and office space business only to have it come crashing down as they approached IPO and ran out of cash. During the IPO process, outsiders got a peak behind the curtain and what had smelled like crap was actually well...... crap.

The deeproot interviews remind of the same type of hubris that is often seen in the leaders of failing companies.

#5091 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I guess it goes both ways. I won’t buy a deeproot game, if they ever exist, because I don’t like Robert.

#5092 4 years ago

Robert already stated these are prototypes with no artwork. This is not a full production product launch. Don't be expecting to be more than that.

This is going to go well.

#5093 4 years ago

Wonder if DR would cut Denis Nordmans ramps out of 3lvira like Stern did?
Really looking forward to see what he has coming from DR

#5094 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wonder if DR would cut Denis Nordmans ramps out of 3lvira like Stern did?
Really looking forward to see what he has coming from DR

Stern actually cut quite a bit. The mechanical fate wheel, the whoop-de-do in the left ramp, the inline targets leading to the lock, the stuff behind the flippers...

#5095 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern actually cut quite a bit. The mechanical fate wheel, the whoop-de-do in the left ramp, the inline targets leading to the lock, the stuff behind the flippers...

Yes.. lets hope DR let thier desingers have what they want on the playfield wihout toomuch cost cuttings

#5096 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

The founder raised a ton of money by overselling his operation and business, and philosophizing about the greatness of his plan to an almost fraudulent level. He promised to revolutionize the real estate and office space business only to have it come crashing down as they approached IPO and ran out of cash. During the IPO process, outsiders got a peak behind the curtain and what had smelled like crap was actually well...... crap.

Apparently not all of them hated what they saw. Softbank just threw WeWork a 5 billion dollar lifeline for a massive 80% company stake tonight.

Neumann gets $1.7 billion for his (almost?) con and agrees to step down and give up his voting rights. Not bad.

#5097 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Well considering all of Franchi’s “artwork” looks like a kid from Kinkos put it together with Windows Paint and printed it on dimple paper, no loss to Deeproot. If Meuller is mad it’s because Franchi keeps trying to slide into his DM for a job

A matter of opinion i guess.
I think both beatles and munster looks absolutely spectacular.

#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is going to go well.

#5099 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Apparently not all of them hated what they saw. Softbank just threw WeWork a 5 billion dollar lifeline for a massive 80% company stake tonight.
Neumann gets $1.7 billion for his (almost?) con and agrees to step down and give up his voting rights. Not bad.

The 5 billion dollar lifeline is for a company that is by their own admission worth 8 billion. And burned 2.9 billion in cash last year.

SoftBank is estimated to have already invested 10.6 billion into WeWork. This is classic good money after bad investing.

Neumann is almost certainly a fraudster/con artist. Wework as a business wasn’t a terrible idea, my company leases wework space in London. But the idea they could lose money for years and some how monopolize the office space market (and a ton of other random markets) was foolish. You have to be a big con artist to secure billions in investment. If you are simply a regular business making modest profit, no one will invest in you.

#5100 4 years ago

Let’s see what Deeproot showcases at Houston Pinball and Arcade Expo and go from there. We are all making speculation until they deliver something for us to see and play. Keep in mind many pinheads were fascinated by the white wood of TNA at TPF and there obviously was no artwork, but people really liked the design and how it played. It ended up being a huge hit for Danesi and Spooky. And it didn’t have any special mechs. It is all about how fun the game plays. If we get that from Deeproot it will not matter how it looks, but how it plays.

If Robert wants us to focus on the mechs as well as test them I think that is the right approach. He wants input from us Pinsiders. If the mechs have contraptions that do things to the ball that are revolutionary and are reliable, it will be something we all want in pinball like we experienced in the 90’s era of Williams and Bally as kids/young adults. If not, then people have valid arguments for all the statements Robert promises to deliver. I think it is a smart move to not show the finished product as of yet. They want to field test it and see people’s reactions and listen to their feedback. Then they make the improvements and modifications to manufacture the game and it will be shipped in a timely manner. Better than having a game displayed in production stage and then have complications causing delay in shipment like we experienced from other companies. If we are intrigued and mesmerized by the design and shot layout by itself, it will be safe to say the game will speak volumes when it is at its finished state.

We can express our opinions after we see what Deeproot reveals, but all this negativity towards a company promising to deliver a world under glass is disheartening. Don’t we want any pinball company to succeed so we can play more variety of games? It seems like the majority of this thread wants to see Deeproot fail! Don’t we want to see competition in the pinball market so we have better pricing, better features, and better themes that we expect from pinball companies? We spend our hard earned money on EXPENSIVE toys. We deserve to have games that wow us. Lately, we have experienced the same cookie cutter designs that are getting old and not showing any innovation. But even with the cookie cutter approach the games can still be fun to play, if the rules are set up in a way that makes us as pinball players want to have that one more game feeling to beat the game.

Now imagine if the rules are deep, but simple to understand, mechs are new designs we have never seen, artwork blows our mind, coding/animation is top notch comparable to the video game industry, and pricing is at lower costs with high quality we have a winner on our hands. That is what Robert is conveying. Let’s hope Deeproot delivers our expectations.

Here are the 5 Positive Things About Deeproot we can reflect on:

1. Robert reimbursed money lost from Popadiuk‘s business failure to people who got burned not receiving their machines.

2. Deeproot has a collaborative mindset dream team of experienced designers/engineers that made awesome games in the past that we loved as kids and enthralled us into that magical experience what got us into pinball in the first place.

3. Deeproot has Steven Bowden employed with rules and code development in a collaborative team of experts in the industry.

4. Deeproot has a huge manufacturing facility ready to produce games.

5. Deeproot has its own animation department to develop original stories and themes to go along with the games.

Let’s wait and see and reserve judgement. Then when everything is ready to go let the Pinside Forum about Deeproot become more relevant and meaningful in our conversations.

I want Deeproot to succeed and for Popadiuk to redeem himself as one of the most prolific designers in the pinball industry! For those that express disappointment for Popadiuk let’s give him another chance to wow us as kids all over again with his designs and allow Deeproot to make this happen. For the remaining designers and engineers I can’t wait to see what they imagine and make into reality. What a great time for pinball to succeed and flourish in our lifetime. Let’s focus on that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.