Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 672.
#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why did Deeproot ( Robert ) go inactive a month ago?

Since we know nothing about it, and we are almost at 100 pages of nothing and also 5000 posts of nothing, i propose to rename the thread : the deeproot chat of nothing.

#4952 4 years ago

Almost - No - actually we ARE there.

100 pages

This is the deeproot promised land.

#4955 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

(Wich again, ist impossible to miss, since the prototype is allready ready. If they do postpone the reveal, then it'll be for different reasons.)

So in your opinion they'll bring pins unless they don't. Gotcha.

Given that the event is a mere seven weeks away, I was hoping for a few tweets from Deeproot to hype up the show, tease some videos/pics. If they're bringing pins. You know, basic marketing?

#4956 4 years ago

Wait, what? Omg

#4957 4 years ago

The Popadiuk thread topped 486 pgs. This one's got a ways to go...
And Popadiuk didn't make a comment in that thread.

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Stop using facts!

#4959 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The gauntlet thrown..

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

So in your opinion they'll bring pins unless they don't. Gotcha.
Given that the event is a mere seven weeks away, I was hoping for a few tweets from Deeproot to hype up the show, tease some videos/pics. If they're bringing pins. You know, basic marketing?

That is no "opinion".
The Prototypes ARE existent. (Fact)
Of course they may still say "f*** y** b******" and don't show up. They also might turn purple and fly to the moon or set an orphanage on fire. (Possibility)

Regarding firing up the hype train:
You mean like all the other manufacturers don't do at all?
Or more like they're allready doing inbetween every 500 posts of nothing posting some video or concept art on their website?

#4961 4 years ago

There's no pleasing you animals.

"Robert should stop posting and make games"

"Omg Robert's account is deactivated"

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is no "opinion".

I think you're confused about what an opinion is vs. what a fact is.

I'll help you: it's your opinion they'll show up at expo with working pinball machines. Unless you're a representative of Deeproot?

It's a fact they've made numerous statements about expos and having playable pinball machines, none of which have been kept.

It would be wonderful if we would hear something from Deeproot, but the utter lack of marketing or hype train does not inspire confidence.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Regarding firing up the hype train:

You mean like all the other manufacturers don't do at all?

Actually, they do. Maybe before talking out your ass you chould just take 30 seconds and check?

https://mobile.twitter.com/americanpinbal1
https://mobile.twitter.com/sternpinballinc
https://mobile.twitter.com/JJPinball

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There's no pleasing you animals.
"Robert should stop posting and make games"
"Omg Robert's account is deactivated"

You know, it's possible to be disappointed by both.

1) He should never have posted the way he did.

2) Deeproot as a company made big promises and commitments about showing product at expos, but has now gone silent. The ship sailed on being a dark startup long ago. They should never have said a word. But now that they did, and started making big promises, it doesn't look good to go so silent.

I don't care where they post updates. But if they're going to a huge expo in a few short weeks, it seems like a missed opportunity not to flog the fact, dontcha think?

#4964 4 years ago

You can't have it both ways. Y'all brow beat the man to stop spending time interacting until he has a product to show and now he (apparently) has.

This is what you asked for, now feel free to show some patience.

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You can't have it both ways. Y'all brow beat the man to stop spending time interacting until he has a product to show and now he (apparently) has.

Oh, I remember now. The topic is arguing with everyone over everything.

Continue on...

#4967 4 years ago

I heard he was inspired by Spooky to try and make a pinball machine.

#4968 4 years ago

Wow; checked in on this thread because it is once again on fire. Once again nothing new. I'd love to see a new Nordman machine but I'm starting to lose faith. They can throw around all the money and names in the world, but at some point they need to release a game. I could not care less about Jpop games. I'd piss on a spark plug before ever buying a game related to him.

#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

'd piss on a spark plug before ever buying a game related to him.

now why would you do that?
718b232e66758b55f5386ceaf8dbf0f8c1c8fe4f.jpg (resized).png718b232e66758b55f5386ceaf8dbf0f8c1c8fe4f.jpg (resized).png

#4971 4 years ago

Hopefully because they are focusing on getting RAZA up and running for HAP. They are on the game list.

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I think you're confused about what an opinion is vs. what a fact is.

I think so too... when I read your stuff.

Quoted from Brijam:

Actually, they do. Maybe before talking out your ass you chould just take 30 seconds and check?

If you think so you've allready forgotton what the actual premise was.
None of those post relevant stuff 6-7 weeks in advance firing up anticipation.
They reveal!

Ok, AP may say they reveal something at a show and Stern has a teaser 3 days before, but NOT nearly 2 months.

And the sweet songs of my poophole are yet to divine to be shared with humankind.
So don't you even dare or your brain may pop out.

#4973 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This isn't what I asked for. I'm glad the CEO stopped flaming out publicly here, sure. I'm not clear how that equates in your mind to wanting the company to cease all marketing activities.

I've been asking and wondering when they'd release any info to back up their very interesting and very bold claims for months now.

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I've been asking and wondering when they'd release any info to back up their very interesting and very bold claims for months now.

The only “information” deeproot can release that will do anything positive for their company is to produce a playable game and say that it’ll be ready to ship in 2-4 weeks. If they’re not ready to do that, better to remain silent for now.

#4975 4 years ago

What's more exciting than another deeproot promise?

More Sledge Hammer!

447c8610a3b79442829d783273164d21 (resized).jpg447c8610a3b79442829d783273164d21 (resized).jpg
#4976 4 years ago

Sept 21st, update on http://deeprootpinball.com/

In response to inquiries, we would like to expound upon our prior statement, "At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo." Two early prototypes of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA) will be at the Houston Arcade Expo on November 15-16, 2019. These prototypes will not have final art, design, or code. Our primary goal is to collect real-world data. There will be a minimal deeproot staff presence only to monitor data and performance of the machine components.We expect to complete engineering and launch early next year. A press release and media qualification form will be forthcoming. We also plan to release a teaser for our second title prior to the Houston Arcade Expo show. This teaser will showcase a level of cinematic animation never before seen with pinball, courtesy of deeproot Studios.Other pinball manufacturers interested in licensing the deeproot package of innovations, or intending on attending the launch, should email us for more information or complimentary invitations.Lastly, all parties interested in becoming distributors should email us with a Letter of Interest for consideration. The LOI should highlight: region served, regulatory costs and logistics (if outside the US), industry knowledge, technical competence, sales history summary, and average buyer base. Even if you have already contacted us prior, please re-submit your interest.

#4977 4 years ago

Don't hold your breath.

Early whitewoods - whoopdie doo !

If they show up with the minimal staff.

#4978 4 years ago

Oh my gosh, that update is pure jokes. Every step of the way they continue to push their dates down the road and temper expectations, after the extreme hubris of their initial announcements and interviews. This is why people dump on them.

Things that stand out:

"Two *early* prototypes" ... modified down from "several"

"These prototypes will not have final art, design, or code"... uhhh, so much for the "we'll show our games when we're ready to deliver 2 weeks later"

"We also plan to release a teaser for our second title" lol, you do realize this is EXACTLY what jpop kept doing? Announcing and releasing art. This is the easiest part of pinball... the announcement.

"This teaser will showcase a level of cinematic animation never before seen with pinball"... making pinball is hard, making art is easy, let us dazzle you with some more art for our second game when we haven't got our first game out the door.

As the cash dumpster fire continues to burn.

#4979 4 years ago

Hey everyone. We would like to keep this thread on topic. We have issued several moderations and deleted a bunch of off topic posts over the last day.

If there is nothing to say about or in some way relating to Deeproot then please simply say nothing rather than post off topic photos that simply fill space. Thank you -

Moderation Staff

#4980 4 years ago

We can say that this thread is indeed REAL, however Deeproot's ability to deliver an actual product remains to be seen.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Almost - No - actually we ARE there.
100 pages
This is the deeproot promised land.

#4981 4 years ago

How would anyone know if they want to license their "package of innovations"?

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

How would anyone know if they want to license their "package of innovations"?

Probably will be based on patented items.

#4983 4 years ago

I like fish and chips

#4985 4 years ago

deeproot Pinball Updates: An Interview with Robert Mueller

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-updates-and-interview/

IMG_0511 (resized).pngIMG_0511 (resized).png
#4986 4 years ago

We are finishing an in-house auditorium for the release

Holy flying f___. People travel to the Steve Jobs Theater, but are people going to travel to San Antonio for a pinball release that needs its own custom built theater? I am astonished.

if Stern came asking, I would listen. Third, JJP, Spooky, AP, Cosmic, etc. but not P3. Gerry let that boat sail years ago.

oh my gosh, Gerry, that is some bad blood there! You've got an enemy. lol.

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot Pinball Updates: An Interview with Robert Mueller
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-updates-and-interview/[quoted image]

..."unprecedented 10 year warranty on PF wear and tear (which includes dimples)..."

Major shots fired. If they can pull this off and sell machines with PF that don't blister, dimple, chip, pool etc..... and the games are fun and built well, there will be a lot of buyers

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

As the cash dumpster fire continues to burn.

but you missed the next business venture... contracting out their expertise

Maybe he promoted JPOP to chief strategist

#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

..."unprecedented 10 year warranty on PF wear and tear (which includes dimples)..."
Major shots fired. If they can pull this off and sell machines with PF that don't blister, dimple, chip, pool etc..... and the games are fun and built well, there will be a lot of buyers

Why would this be a game changer? Most of these NIB buyers don't even keep their game for half that time.

#4990 4 years ago

Major shots fired.

Not really. Rob is just really good at telling people what they want to hear, when they want to hear it. If it were 2 years ago he'd be going on about his miraculous ghosting-proof inserts, or his indestructible cabinet corners.

There's are not shots, just the same constant dull thud of war drums we've been hearing for ages.

#4991 4 years ago

oh god... this is setting itself up to be a train wreck.

"You cant do what we've done"... boasting that it would take others multi-x longer to reinvent what they've done.. God-complex again. And already saber rattling over defending their 'innovations'. Patent-Troll powers... activate! This guy hopes to blanket as much ground as possible and extort money from others... resulting in stalling innovation for everyone.

"We have some thoughts about how to get the best of all worlds." --- oh look, another "we will solve world hunger" claim.

Prepare for deeproot to be a DeepPain

#4992 4 years ago

If that's the case my guess is they won't be made out of plywood . ( or have a Playfield protector )

#4993 4 years ago

From TWIP:

"TWIP: You mention that the games at Houston Arcade Expo are prototypes and won’t have the final art, design, or code. Is this a “soft launch” of deeproot Pinball?

RM: No, this is not a launch at all. I specifically kept the announcement very vague so as to not signal a launch."

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Deeproot's statement, in all vagueness, is 100% clear.

Told you so...ish...

It's vague to at least keep the "possibility" to launch on that date open.
Well that book is now closed.

From TWIP:

"It would take at least 5 years and tens of millions in capital for other manufacturers to catch up with nearly 200 innovations we are planning at launch (unless they choose to flat out copy what we are doing). We are more than happy to share and license some or all of the deeproot package we will show off at launch."

Since they're definately put some money in R&D and know how to properly patent stuff, that could be good business model to generate income while they trying to get their manufacturing/ retailing business up to snotch.

But it also "may hint" to that income being needed... or the idea of it.
I would assume that would be something to present to investors because of the current delay.
(Pure speculation and I have no evidence at all. It'd be just not be totally uncommon.)

#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would this be a game changer? Most of these NIB buyers don't even keep their game for half that time.

Yes, becuase then they have to backup the warranty with some sort of quality.
I would be happy that it would cover my years of ownership as I keep games 5 years+

Even more bonus if they make it transferable.
Either way, it's better than anything currently offered by any other mfg.

#4995 4 years ago

I would be happy that it would cover my years of ownership as I keep games 5 years+

A ten-year warranty from Deep Root is about as good as a ten-week warranty from Suncoast pinball.

Meaningless.

#4996 4 years ago

Yeah, so the gameplan is...

-Plan to start development of as many games as possible at the same time.
-Acquire rights to an incompleted game that preorder money has already started development of years ago to finish & produced it 1st.
-First 3 games will be non-lincsed themes.

All of this while knowing how hard selling non-licensed games was for Stern & JJP. Knowing that these companies already have a customer base, dealers, production lines, deals with makers of all parts and promotional venues. Knowing that to keep a large production pinball company only high quality licenses is profitable.

Fortunately for them pinball nerds fairytale about new machines. Unfortunately though luck can not be monitized and dreams don't have intrinsic value.

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If that's the case my guess is they won't be made out of plywood . ( or have a Playfield protector )

It would have to be some type of ceramic. The cost of using something like pyrocarbon over wood would be off the charts...

Quoted from frolic:

oh my gosh, Gerry, that is some bad blood there! You've got an enemy. lol.

And that seems so strange. Gerry is one of the nicest people in the industry. I’ve never met anyone that had an issue with him.

#4998 4 years ago

It's only as good as the person/company making the warranty. Stern has a warranty on playfields but denies there are any issues so they don't comment on it or back it up. And this is a company with a decent service reputation.

There is no history on deeproot handling complaints after purchase. All we have is Robert's "carefully worded" words. So far, nothing Robert has done or said so far makes me feel that there will be any post purchase service. He is silent now but, in the past has been very boastful and harsh to criticisms when he feels he has been wronged. Hell his last posts in this thread were threatening legal action against someone. The only thing you are probably going to get, post purchase, is buyers remorse. Hopefully things change.

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And that seems so strange. Gerry is one of the nicest people in the industry. I’ve never met anyone that had an issue with him.

Perhaps he dared to proffer what one might consider legal advice without a license?!

#5000 4 years ago

How are these guys able to absorb another year of $750k/month in liabilities? They just keep making that nut they need to crack bigger and bigger every month this hyperbole train carries on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.