Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 314 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Marvin
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Expo Article Mark Salas[241] (resized).png
    1FBF04EB-4F87-4D5A-8BAB-127CD3DCC7BF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180122_170958052 (resized).jpg
    E35655FD-C9DC-4ACC-B7FA-EB1662F9B06F (resized).jpeg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    550011db7f_hmz_20140103_1111 (resized).jpg
    problem (resized).png
    Illinois Pinball Show (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 5 years ago

All I have to say is that anyone who is saying they are going to skip this years expo is missing out. Rob knows how to run a show, and he has great plans for this year. It’s going to be great!!

#302 5 years ago

That's what I tell my customers.....

#303 5 years ago

Yes pinball expo idea was BERKS .However not sure of meaning of later? a week a month two months? I was involved from EXPO 1. My connections being in the industry brought ALOT to the table for years.All the free games we gave away and getting the manufactures support.. AS WELL before I agreed to the split I was given the right to do a show and had the contract at the Westin. I did NOT consumate the deal until after BERK announced his show In sept and the location..I would have actually bought him out had I know he was going to take contract at WESTIN . he steadfastly said he was not doing a show at westin and I could myself..

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I did NOT consumate the deal until after BERK announced his show

#305 5 years ago

I'm confused.... a major part of this thread was that Mike was going to be holding the bag on a six-figure contract with the Westin for the next two years and now this last post where Mike says "...I did NOT consumate the deal until after BERK announced his show In sept and the location... I would have actually bought him out had I know he was going to take contract at WESTIN . he steadfastly said he was not doing a show at westin and I could myself.."

Frankly, I'm not sure it makes sense for anyone who has to travel a distance to go to this show this year. To this point, this has the makings of a total disaster. Already the Cincy guys have said they weren't bringing games and they brought a lot of high quality games. Some of the foundational vendors have been turned off by Berk's story. The event is effectively six months away. Not promising.

#306 5 years ago

How did Berk's "Go it Alone" show go last year?

#307 5 years ago

Look, I have no horse in this race, but Mike P. you need to quit playing the victim here and go quiet for a while. This whole split has to with the fact that Berk got quite tired of being told by vendors and attendees that they were never coming to Expo again because of your behavior and treatment of the very people that made up this show. You brought quite a bit good to the show over the years, but your personal conflicts began to outweigh the good.

Coming here and playing the "I got tricked" is also pretty poor as you both had lawyers involved. It shows poor business ethic on your behalf. It's your job to keep informed, not someone else to do it for you.

I feel bad the Expo is now in such chaos, but BIG change were needed.

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Already the Cincy guys have said they weren't bringing games and they brought a lot of high quality games.

Again, just to be clear, just one Cincy guy has stated that so far - I do not speak for everyone. OTOH I do not know anyone local who is happy with these developments...

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

How did Berk's "Go it Alone" show go last year?

That show failed because 2 shows one month apart can't possibly succeed. I'm glad Berk isn't having a separate show, but taking over Expo. So many people complain about how badly the show has been doing, then when something finally happens to make change there's still people complaining.

#310 5 years ago

Berk showed his character in spades by his lies to the press and Mike.
    Love his ad in PGJ that reads different than his Pinball News "interview".

#311 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

That show failed because 2 shows one month apart can't possibly succeed. I'm glad Berk isn't having a separate show, but taking over Expo. So many people complain about how badly the show has been doing, then when something finally happens to make change there's still people complaining.

It was Berks decision to have the show then, no one else. A bad choice, you bet. And changes did need to be made, but some changes aren't always for the good. Only time will tell.

#312 5 years ago

Good thing is Mike you will have time to ship me the stuff I am waiting for 2 years

1 month later
    #313 5 years ago

loos like a restraining order may be filed this week . again only reason I took offer instead of buying Rob out was because I had right to do show AND he wanted no part of contract at Westin. I was going to partner with MGC and it would have been great.. ROB knew that and then chose to kill that by going to WEstin I have asked Rob since november to st down and work out a amicable split .. he refuses. I am still open to this

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

loos like a restraining order may be filed this week . again only reason I took offer instead of buying Rob out was because I had right to do show AND he wanted no part of contract at Westin. I was going to partner with MGC and it would have been great.. ROB knew that and then chose to kill that by going to WEstin I have asked Rob since november to st down and work out a amicable split .. he refuses. I am still open to this

The smell of desperation is in the air.

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-exclusive-expo-2018-cancelled-replaced-by-pinball-palooza/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.