New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 166314)

Twinky

By CatDaddyChrist

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CatDaddyChrist
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Anyboby know what's suppose to be printed on the blue center pop up bumper of Chicago Coin's Twinky?
Anybody got one?

#2 4 years ago

Nothing, it is a 1 point scoring. Pinball Resource has these- here is a pic of playfield (this is my machine).

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2692&picno=37889&zoom=1

I also have an extra brand new pair of the D23-400 coils that I never used somewhere I could dig up (used for the flippers).

#3 4 years ago

No kidding. I was hoping it had something on it. Kinda of a bummer. Is what it is I guess.
I'm actually looking for those coils. Just got the machine. They're melted. The main reset coil is pretty crispy too. Its S-17-something. Missing the instruction card and coin door decal.
Pretty good otherwise.
You interested in getting rid of those coils?

#4 4 years ago

Sure, if I can find them, I'll look later today. I bought a set a year ago, put them away, and wound up buying another set last month, not remembering I already bought two! Mine were melted also. I'll copy the instruction card as well- send me a message w/your email address.

#5 4 years ago

Cool Man. I gotta wait 24 hours, before I can send. Just signed up. Lookin' forward to it!

#6 4 years ago

I'm glad this wasn't a thread on Frozen Fried
Twinky now only at Wal-Mart and in the news!

Back to pinball!

#8 4 years ago

Although my first pin was a Chicago Coin from the 70's and I quickly learned the consensus of every one of those being nothing but pure garbage was highly true (even though I'm VERY open-minded when it comes to features and games; and I never would want another, although I keep mine around packed up for old times' sake and since I would probably lose a lot of money on it), this machine has always looked cool to me. I would buy one if I had the chance for the right price. I think their 60's games have a lot more charm (even just by cabinet design) let alone having game play that looks like it wouldn't be awful. Can't believe operators bought their 70's games in an era where the drop-target Gottliebs were coming out let alone earlier pins still being more advanced. Must have been a lot cheaper.

Good luck with it!

#9 4 years ago

I worked a bit on a friends mid '70's Chicago Coin, and I found my '60's machine to be much more robust. I can see why you may not like the '70's one, but I would never sell my Twinky- it is a wickedly fast machine.

#10 4 years ago

I agree about the 70's machines. My gottlieb is super easy to work on. Simple, a few boards, contacts and coils.
The inside of this Twinky is a masterpiece though. Who in their right mind would put forth the effort to design this.... game? I'm stoked to start mapping the electronics. Whata machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
€ 200.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 239.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 289.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 218.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside