(Topic ID: 109767)

Twin Peaks Ideas

By holygerst

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TP1 (resized).jpg
    Football-Web.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holygerst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So, I've decided to do a Twin Peaks pin. It's possible it will be a re-skin/re-program, but at the moment I'm leaning towards a from-scratch approach. Inspired by Wolfmarsh's Spaceballs post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin) I thought I would share a couple of the concepts I've put together so far and open it up to the community for ideas on modes, art, mood, etc. as I'm sure some amazing ideas could come from it!

ROLLOVER LANES or INLANES — “THREE DEAD GIRLS”
    3 paths — one letter found for each of the victims T-R-B
    Each time all 3 are lit add a multiplier.
    Multiplier resets after each ball.
    Rollover plays audio of Agent Cooper saying each girl’s name.

ANNIHILATION MODE
    Timed mode (20 seconds) triggered by entering the Black Lodge without filling Courage.
    The ball in play is trapped. Strobe lighting.
    Audio: “If you confront the Black Lodge with imperfect courage it will utterly annihilate your soul.”
    All existing multipliers and bonuses remain in place, but every 5 seconds for 20 seconds 2% of the point total (at the time mode begins) is subtracted, unless a specific shot is hit.
    Drained balls are returned and auto-saved until mode ends.

TIBETAN ROCK THROW
    A messenger ball shot (ala Daredevil Bart). Each shot progresses through the list of suspects.

INVITATION TO LOVE
    Plays scenes from the soap opera on the DMD

Some audio ideas:

COIN IN:
    What’s up, Doc?

GAME START:
    “She’s dead… wrapped in plastic.”

BALL DRAIN (all Albert):
    What the hell kind of two-bit operation are they running out of this treehouse, Cooper?
    Welcome to amateur hour.
    The ol’ rustic suckerpunch, uh?
    Oh, that’s nice. How appropriate.

BALL SAVE:
    I’ve got good news

MATCH:
    New shoes.

NO MATCH:
    Blow the whistle, Josie. It’s quittin’ time.

As far as toys, was thinking pop bumpers could be a pie, a coffee mug, and a donut. Maybe a coconut with a tape and half the necklace. Thinking of having the wall of the orbit be clear and putting red curtains behind it.

Can't wait to hear your ideas!

#3 9 years ago

Sigh.

#5 9 years ago

Haha. Well, this didn't go as well as I had hoped

#7 9 years ago

Thanks, Josiah. There will definitely be something Black Lodge. I was thinking it would be a multi-ball, but you might be right -- maybe it deserves it's own mode.

#10 9 years ago

Evan, definitely going to be doing something with the checkered floor. My first mockup had it on some of the plastics, but I may end up doing it on the playfield. I'm currently leaning towards it being the outer orbit.

Kirkgun --
    I was TRYING to figure out how to work in the audio of "there's no feeling where there's no sense, Andy!" -- that could be a good place.

I like the idea of the targets. A) Adding the smokes and b) It will certainly be easier to do decals on targets than to the fabricate them as bumper tops.

Dancing Dwarf with reversed flippers is fantastic. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that (but, hey, that's why the thread, right?!)

Dunno about a whole Audrey mode. Can definitely think about it, but the song HAS to be in there. I was already planning on using it for the Attract Mode. Actually, come to think about it, that might just be the perfect analogy

1 week later
    #12 9 years ago

One idea I had recently that I think will be a cool touch: a custom plunger that's Josie's face / drawer pull.

#14 9 years ago

You know, now that you mention it, I'm surprised there isn't a Dune pin!

#17 9 years ago

Definitely another thing I've considered, Pascal. Been thinking about the specifics. I mean, obviously there's a possible mini-playfield/couch analogy to be had with SPP, but have been wondering what the actually implementation would look like.

#20 9 years ago

Hey, Jam -- definitely planning on having a traffic light. Thought about the ceiling fan, but not sure where it would work, so was thinking instead, maybe miniature record player. RE: convenience store -- I also thought about this, but I think if there ends up being an upper playfield it'll almost certainly have to be the Black Lodge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holygerst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twin-peaks-ideas?tu=holygerst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.