Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DumbAss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

It’s a long sordid story but here goes. I hadn’t played TZ for a few months and and out of state friend visited and started a game. There was no sound. The diagnostics said there was a U9 sound rom error. I decided to check all of the connectors and socketed chips by removing and replacing. Checked all of the fuses by removing them and testing them with meter. After this I couldn’t start a game and the diagnostics enter switch did not work and the DMD was frozen. Before I checked the connectors and fuses I could play a game with no sound. Ouch! I caused more harm. I decided to send all of the boards to Chris Hibler. He replaced the sound board U9 RAM and checked all the other boards as OK. I reinstalled all the boards and still can’t start a game or enter the diagnostics and the DMD has frozen garbled stuff. LED D20 and D21 on the MPU light as they should as well as the voltage LEDs on the power driver board. On power up sometimes D20 doesn’t blink unless a I cycle the power switch a few times. When D2O blinks I get GI lighting and attract lighting but can’t start a game or enter diagnostics. Without the diagnostics I’m lost. Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

If you cannot enter diagnostics check your CPU board for battery (alkaline) leak and associated damage. You mentioned you sent all the boards to Chris Hibler so this is an unlikely cause given that piece of information (Chris would've verified the board prior to returning it to you). It really does sound like the problem is on your CPU board. You can also try shorting the pins for the direct switches to try to enter diagnostic mode to rule out the wires from the connectors to the switches in the coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 132.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zonecant-start-a-game-no-diagnostics- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.