image-3.jpg
3829497-8642238746-mike-.jpg
TZ botton protector.jpg
20141023_223935.jpg
20141023_223756.jpg
20141023_213757.jpg
20141023_213804.jpg
left.jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

No worries, I emailed him a pic, and I buy every pinball as is where is, meaing if there is any issue I never go back to the seller and ask for more money, or hassle. I will mention the issues found and let them know so hopefully next time they will do a better job of explaining issues to me. I did send him a picture and basically said wow wtf... Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

Good deal, that's exactly how I buy it. While the description might not have been perfect, since you were there in person you could have turned it down. Hell, most of the time when I buy a game I don't even open it up. A lot of people call me crazy, but you get good deals a lot fo the time when you buy like that.

Sorry to hear this one doesn't sound so great

#52 9 years ago

I own a pest control company, this damage appears to be from wood boring beetles. No spray is going to fix this and to kill the larva. It would have to be fumigated with Methel Bromide or Vikane gas. Find a pest control company in your area with a large Fumigation vault that handles large items for bed bug and beetle infestations. You can treat the machine but really the damage is already done. The problem most likely came from infested wood that had beetle egg or larva already inside. Remember in order to kill everything you cant see deep in the wood only these fumigants will penetrate and kill 100% don't rely on a can of Black flag or the infestation will continual to do damage.

#53 9 years ago

I doubt that is termite or carpenter ant damage--most bugs won't eat plywood--too tough for them, and they evidently hate the taste of the glue. I'd bet it suffered catastrophic damage to that corner and was poorly patched. I'd be looking for major concessions from the seller, or a complete refund.

...then again, I'll defer to the above opinion--I have no experience with beetles!

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Good deal, that's exactly how I buy it. While the description might not have been perfect, since you were there in person you could have turned it down. Hell, most of the time when I buy a game I don't even open it up. A lot of people call me crazy, but you get good deals a lot fo the time when you buy like that.
Sorry to hear this one doesn't sound so great

I wasn't there in person. I had a friend in the area pick it up for me..

#55 9 years ago

So that's what a $2000 TZ looks like these days

You're braver than I. I wouldn't have touched that with a 10 foot pole.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

So that's what a $2000 TZ looks like these days
You're braver than I. I wouldn't have touched that with a 10 foot pole.

I wish I got it that cheap. not even close.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I wasn't there in person. I had a friend in the area pick it up for me..

Oh nuts, in the case... darn. I guess then it's lesson learned, and hopefully others can learn from it. If you're getting a new cabinet though (and doesn't someone make them? I know they used too), take out the interior stuff and trash the cabinet right away. If you aren't getting a new cabinet, put up a post here seeing if anyone has one in your area - I know of a few collectors around here that have a few random empties waiting for things to happen. I used to have a pair myself (not Williams widebodies though). Good luck!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

If I paid much more than $2k for that...I'd go back there with a baseball bat!

.....Disclaimer: I'm not kidding

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

"Yes, just needs a good set of decals is all"

That was clearly a load bearing decal you removed.

#60 9 years ago

That will buff right out.

#61 9 years ago

Just slap one of these button protectors on and you won't have to worry about anymore finger print damage.

http://pinballhead.com/custom-flipper-button-protectors/

TZ botton protector.jpgTZ botton protector.jpg

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I own a pest control company, this damage appears to be from wood boring beetles. Find a pest control company in your area with a large Fumigation vault that handles large items for bed bug and beetle infestations.

TWD needs this mod... Boring Bettle Bed Bugs! BBBB for short.

#64 9 years ago

I don't know if he still has it, but the 13 year old kid who was restoring a FH also had a spare TZ cabinet I think he was trying to sell. You might want to look him up...

#65 9 years ago

Gecko had a spare TZ cabinet too - not sure what he did with it. Also the virtual pin guys sell flatpack cabs that might work. I was thinking that stephenshane (I can't remember if that's right) bought some and maybe didn't even need 'em.

Best of luck.

#66 9 years ago

Eric, PM me. I may be able to hook you up with a TZ cabinet.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I don't know if he still has it, but the 13 year old kid who was restoring a FH also had a spare TZ cabinet I think he was trying to sell. You might want to look him up...

That's was my son Tz cabinet sold hit up virtualpin 1/2 the price of Doug huse and very happy with mine bought 3 and ordering 3 more shortly

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Gecko had a spare TZ cabinet too - not sure what he did with it. Also the virtual pin guys sell flatpack cabs that might work. I was thinking that stephenshane (I can't remember if that's right) bought some and maybe didn't even need 'em.
Best of luck.

+1 on the Virtuapin flat pack. That's the way I'd go.

#69 9 years ago

Dont know if this is of any help ....http://www.letsplaypinball.com/cabinets.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#71 9 years ago

It's just a fuse...

#72 9 years ago

used but MUCH NICER TZ cabinet coming in tomorrow, old one will be in the Dump on Wed.

#73 9 years ago

Did this machine get in the ring with fuckin' Mike Tyson!?

3829497-8642238746-mike-.jpg3829497-8642238746-mike-.jpg

Post edited by Strange: spelled "ring" as "rig" like a douchiecakes

#74 9 years ago

damn

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I sincerely hope that you did not pay much more than 2k for this . How do the playfield and mechs look ? Boards ?

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Did this machine get in the rig with fuckin' Mike Tyson!?

LOL post of the year

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I sincerely hope that you did not pay much more than 2k for this . How do the playfield and mechs look ? Boards ?

Playfield, boards, dmd are all fine. No issues. Mechs are fine, no moisture issues or rust. In fact the playfield is darn near perfect. So with a cabinet swap and shopping I'll have a nice twilight zone. I'm content with the price I paid, old cabinet not so much.

I do have updated roms, a cabinet decal set, and various parts on order. This may get the full restore treatment, just because I enjoy that sort of thing. More pictures to come as I make progress.

#78 9 years ago

Scrape, dig into it, cut out that piece of panel or fumigate it and then apply wood filler, sand, put on decal, then sell it!

#79 9 years ago

I would not bring that game in my home!

There are insects that lay eggs and incubate for years (ie powder post beetles). When they hatch they seek out other hard wood like your bed, couch and kitchen cabinets.

I would suggest calling many pest control companies and send them picts of this game. Ask if they are fumigating any homes soon, and see if they'll allow your game to be placed inside for fumigation.

Don't take this lightly... I had a home where the powder post beetles laid their eggs in ash trees. The ash wood was used to make the cabinets in kitchen & bathrooms. They hatched and were found thruout the home. It had to be fumigated (2 story homes tented), with a 24 hour guard for 48 hours at about $5,000.

#80 9 years ago

Looks like an "easy fix"

Sorry about your misfortune. Hope you get it up and running good after a swap.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Fairly certain the bugs are long gone, probably moved on to another machine

YUP

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg
#82 9 years ago

Picked up the new cabinet
Cabinet Decals on order, debating whether to replace all sides or just the front. Everything is close to perfect except one small scar on the right side. Very little fade good condition overall. Front had holes from being routed, and gross spray pain for some reason. That parts has been sanded filled and ready for the decal.
Ordered new mirco playfield. Old one wasn't bad, and or was nice, but wtf, might as well go for broke..

#83 9 years ago

This puts debugging a pinball machine in a whole new light...

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

+1 on the Virtuapin flat pack. That's the way I'd go.

Quoted from btw75:

Best of luck.

To clarify ,Virtuapin one word no L . great place for full cabinet hardware sets also. Best resto cabinets for the buck. I have one in hand right now. Flat pack is cheaper , primed ready for decals or with decals ,w/hardware will save you money and tons of time.

#85 9 years ago

Over $2000, needs a new cabinet, playfield, legs, door. Add in decals, and other routine rebuild stuff.

All I can say is next time somebody whines here about pin prices, give them a link to this thread.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from jammer74:

To clarify ,Virtuapin one word no L . great place for full cabinet hardware sets also. Best resto cabinets for the buck. I have one in hand right now. Flat pack is cheaper , primed ready for decals or with decals ,w/hardware will save you money and tons of time.

Sorry not new cabinet. New to me. I bought Geckos and going to make his really nice

#88 9 years ago

If I didn't already have a TZ, I'd do $2K on it. New cabinet and decals are a pain, but not too expensive. Playfield would be the deal-breaker for me, but he didn't need a new one unless I missed something.

Geez, people are asking crazy money for TZ.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-wtf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.