image-3.jpg
3829497-8642238746-mike-.jpg
TZ botton protector.jpg
20141023_223935.jpg
20141023_223756.jpg
20141023_213757.jpg
20141023_213804.jpg
left.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

So had this delivered from a famous Ebay seller today, whe who shall not be named. Was told cabinet is good, no moisture issues, just has a big chip on the left hand of the cabinet that will need to be repaired.... So I figured no big deal going to do decals anyway.
left.jpgleft.jpg

#2 9 years ago

That is a "big chip on the left that will need to be repaired"........

#3 9 years ago

So got it home and inside, and there are tons of pin hols, and dime size holes with tracks. I begin peeling back the laminate, and holy $%*T...

20141023_213804.jpg20141023_213804.jpg
20141023_213757.jpg20141023_213757.jpg

!!!!!!Termites!!!!!!!

#4 9 years ago

Oh my....now that's a patch job lol!

#5 9 years ago

Jesus crispies! That looks like an ant colony........

#6 9 years ago

Jesus.....that's bad. Guessing FUN or kaweaver

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Oh my....now that's a patch job lol!

I think it's probably past my abilities. Definitely not as described

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I think it's probably past my abilities. Definitely not as described

Needs a new piece of wood on the whole left side, I'd say....

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Jesus crispies! That looks like an ant colony........

crazy gross is what it is! I haven't peeled it all the way back, but the tunnels are all saw dust. It's sooo disgusting! Just glad nothing alive has come pouring out yet...

#10 9 years ago

Paging Doug Huse.... Come in Doug!!

#11 9 years ago

I would seriously consider bug bombing it. If there is something alive in there, you don't wanna bring that it

#12 9 years ago

Oh yeah, needs a bottom too...

#13 9 years ago

Are you guys talking about that terrible fade?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would seriously consider bug bombing it. If there is something alive in there, you don't wanna bring that it

Pretty much going to thow this thing out, and get a different cabinet

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Are you guys talking about that terrible fade?

"Yes, just needs a good set of decals is all"

#16 9 years ago

Wow - just wow.

#17 9 years ago

"Probably just needs a fuse."

#18 9 years ago

Well, I am a firm believer that famous ebay sellers who constantly misrepresent their products need to be outed. Did this guy need to clear out some space?

#20 9 years ago

Would be interested what actually caused that. Pic from inside and under? Doubt termites, maybe powder post beetles, dry rot, many other wood boring insects......

#21 9 years ago

Maybe back when things were in short supply at Bally they made some games with load-bearing decals.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Well, I am a firm believer that famous ebay sellers who constantly misrepresent their products need to be outed. Did this guy need to clear out some space?

Doesn't really matter who is was, even if he sounds like Jon Lovitz. I knew it was a crap shoot. I'm more lol as this is a worst case scenario I definitely was not anticipating.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Would be interested what actually caused that. Pic from inside and under? Doubt termites, maybe powder post beetles, dry rot, many other wood boring insects......

Yeah, I'm no bug expert, but not a fan of whatever the heck did this damage.

#24 9 years ago

I thought ants liked moist wood? Maybe the "not water damaged" statement isn't true.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I thought ants liked moist wood? Maybe the "not water damaged" statement isn't true.

yup, bottom was pretty moist. All the mech are fine, as are all the boards and sockets. I think it was sitting on the ground with no legs for years..

#26 9 years ago

I would file a SNAD through ebay. That's unacceptable

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I would file a SNAD through ebay. That's unacceptable

It was purchased off ebay, cash in hand

#28 9 years ago

that cab needs to be in Quarantine you don't want those bugs mixing with the general population

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

When you say off eBay, do you mean outside of eBay? Even then, you should get this settled as that's terribly misleading of the seller.

I can take a ride over with you and convince the seller to consider a refund...

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

that cab needs to be in Quarantine you don't want those bugs mixing with the general population

Fairly certain the bugs are long gone, probably moved on to another machine

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Did you see any pics?

I'll go ahead and assume the selling price was below average, which some here may not be considering.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

When you say off eBay, do you mean outside of eBay? Even then, you should get this settled as that's terribly misleading of the seller.
I can take a ride over with you and convince the seller to consider a refund...

No worries, I emailed him a pic, and I buy every pinball as is where is, meaing if there is any issue I never go back to the seller and ask for more money, or hassle. I will mention the issues found and let them know so hopefully next time they will do a better job of explaining issues to me. I did send him a picture and basically said wow wtf... Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Did you see any pics?
I'll go ahead and assume the selling price was below average.

Not worried about the price I paid. This game is going to get the restore it deserves either way.

#34 9 years ago

This machine was definitely stored outside for a very good length of time.

#35 9 years ago

Eric be careful man. Get the dust out, eggs can still be hatching?

#36 9 years ago

Can i work where you work? Apparently money grows on trees there. Sad sad state on that machine. Best of luck on the resto..

#37 9 years ago

My opinion if that's as deep as it goes and no evidence of activity, I would scrape that down and seal it with polyurethane. Then fill and sand if your going to re-decal it anyway. Much worse than that, I would fall back and punt.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

No worries, I emailed him a pic, and I buy every pinball as is where is, meaing if there is any issue I never go back to the seller and ask for more money, or hassle. I will mention the issues found and let them know so hopefully next time they will do a better job of explaining issues to me. I did send him a picture and basically said wow wtf... Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

I have to say, you've handled this much better than I would have. It bums me out to see a guy as selfless as yourself get the bum end of a deal is all. For someone that always passes along a deal, you don't deserve such a headache.

I will say that it will make for a much better restoration. Maybe you can submit this for the Pintastic contest?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Can i work where you work? Apparently money grows on trees there. Sad sad state on that machine. Best of luck on the resto..

I bought the machine with a budget in mind to restore it, so no worries. I do these restores for the fun of it. Maybe you didn't see the T2 I restored last year..

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I have to say, you've handled this much better than I would have. It bums me out to see a guy as selfless as yourself get the bum end of a deal is all. For someone that always passes along a deal, you don't deserve such a headache.
I will say that it will make for a much better restoration. Maybe you can submit this for the Pintastic contest?

That has crossed my mind more than once

#41 9 years ago

OP. You are handling this like a pro. Id suggest using a screw driver or other small poking tool and kinda give the wood a test in various places. U can see where there is good solid wood (if any). And determine if the entire cab is shot or where u need to patch. That looks horrible though. Good luck!

#42 9 years ago

Yup, I'm going to soak the cabinet in acid tonight.

#43 9 years ago

Couple more pictures.

20141023_223756.jpg20141023_223756.jpg 20141023_223935.jpg20141023_223935.jpg
#44 9 years ago

Would also be concerned that the ants/termites got in the PF as well. That would be a bigger issue.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would also be concerned that the ants/termites got in the PF as well. That would be a bigger issue.

PF is fine, looks like the only damage is to the right side of the cabinet.

#46 9 years ago

Just looking at that pic gives me the heebie jeebies!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Yup, I'm going to soak the cabinet in acid tonight.

Thanks for posting this. I had previously thought that there was no cabinet issue that would scare me away from a low priced pin (I'm not a stickler for appearances when it comes to the cab). This possibility had never even vaguely crossed my mind.

Technically a machine could even be home use only and still suffer this sort of indignity.

It's awesome that you now have this machine. It will live again. Good luck!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Thanks for posting this. I had previously thought that there was no cabinet issue that would scare me away from a low priced pin (I'm not a stickler for appearances when it comes to the cab). This possibility had never even vaguely crossed my mind.
Technically a machine could even be home use only and still suffer this sort of indignity.
It's awesome that you now have this machine. It will live again. Good luck!

I'm skeeved out, this has never crossed my mind either. This cabinet is going to get soaked, sanded and then maybe destroyed.

#49 9 years ago

Looks like it was set on dirt and termites had lunch
Find a cabinet guy to duplicate it ,with 75% bondo
or filler ply has no strength. If you were in CA I'd help out.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Looks like it was set on dirt and termites had lunch
Find a cabinet guy to duplicate it ,with 75% bondo
or filler ply has no strength. If you were in CA I'd help out.

Hopefully will find a replacement cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 9.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-wtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.